Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Internet Explorer posted:

When my father-in-law pokes fun at me for not changing my own oil I am going to show him this post and say that Motronic, AI car legend, says that I don't need to change my own oil to be a man's man.

I have an uncle exactly like this. And if anything goes wrong with his computer or phone he goes straight to Best Buy or the Verizon Store or whatever with it and pays someone else to figure it out, not because he's too stupid to do minor electronic maintenance himself but because he isn't interested in it and doesn't enjoy it so gently caress it, he has better things to do.

It goes without saying that pointing this out to him only provokes him to repeat "REAL MEN WORK ON THEIR OWN CARS", just louder.

It's all good though because he's super handy to take a used car to to check it out before I consider buying.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Jan 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

The interior is worse p, it handles worse, and at least in the US it comes with a terrible 4-speed automatic.

The Fit/Jazz primary virtue is extremely clever interior packaging. The Mazda Demio's primary virtue is excellent handling. The Yaris' primary virtue is that it has a Toyota badge.

Well I gave the jazz/fit a try, and I see what you mean about the Yaris being hateful garbage by comparison. Thanks for that! Truth be told I'm probably going to get the jazz. It's a fraction more expensive than the Yaris but the driving is just so much more pleasurable to the point where I don't even have to consciously think about driving like I do with most cars I'm unfamiliar with.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
I'm Western Canadian. The current vehicle sucks and is dying.

Proposed Budget: ~$200/month lease/financing
New or Used: Preferably new, or a certified pre-owned with some warranty left remaining.
Body Style: Sedan
How will you be using the car?: City driving, driving about three hours round trip out of town once a week.
What aspects are most important to you?: Cost, mileage reliability, in that order. Import is preferred to a smaller degree.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

Which would you buy:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewPrintableDeal.action?inventoryListing=190237679&distance=&zip=19087&searchZip=19087

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewPrintableDeal.action?inventoryListing=188611720&distance=&zip=19087&searchZip=19087

The S6 is a bit overpriced but I suspect I could haggle it down to be priced about the same as the CLS...

I like both cars, sure I'd prefer the CLS 63 AMG...but that's just out of reach...

Any other suggestions at what I should look at?

I want an AWD V8 under 50k OTD...

What do you care about more: driving dynamics or highway cruising comfort?

If I was eating up highway I'd have that Merc. If I was doing short trips and liked to have decent comfort but still be able to throw something around corners I'd buy the Audi.

Both are awful decisions, but better than most of my vehicle decisions as far as maintenance/costs so take that with a traxale load of rock salt.

As far as other things to look at: what do you actually care about besides sub 50k v8 AWD? Do you want a sports car? A sedan? Do you want a 500+ HP twin turbo SUV? These are all possible at varying levels of "I hope you have a spare car and a healthy emergency fund".

Motronic fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jan 20, 2018

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Motronic posted:

Both are awful decisions, but better than most of my vehicle decisions as far as maintenance/costs so take that with a traxale load of rock salt.

I will have you know that I decided on these two only after ruling out a 2012 Quattroporte Sport GT S - and only because AWD is "practical" because the township doesn't like to plow our street and our driveway is a nasty hill that the neighborhood kids come to sled on (I'm not making this up). The other daily driver we own is an 2005 Audi S4 - yes the one with the timing chain in the back held in place with plastic chain guides.

What I'm saying is that I'm already well lubed up for what is coming my way and it won't be as bad as what I really want - which is an unreliable Italian scrap heap with a Ferrari engine that likes to break variators for no reason and for which electronics are long discontinued and only available from Gino's Exotic Salvage.

Motronic posted:

As far as other things to look at: what do you actually care about besides sub 50k v8 AWD? Do you want a sports car? A sedan? Do you want a 500+ HP twin turbo SUV? These are all possible at varying levels of "I hope you have a spare car and a healthy emergency fund".

I want a sports car that is a sedan that someone who is 6'6" can comfortably drive ~2h a day in - which rules out most of the fun sports sedans. So I guess S6....SUVs are gross. Which is why the '97 4Runner is the spare car/dog hauler.

But really - I just want something as fast and fun as the S4 but roomier...

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I'm lusting after a Turbo X enough that I'm considering buying a) an automatic, b) from an obvious buy here/pay here lot, and c) flying to New Jersey to drive it 17 hours home.

http://positive-auto-sales-llc.hamm...urce=craigslist

On a scale of 1 to extended warranty buyer, how dumb is this idea?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

GD_American posted:

I'm lusting after a Turbo X enough that I'm considering buying a) an automatic, b) from an obvious buy here/pay here lot, and c) flying to New Jersey to drive it 17 hours home.

http://positive-auto-sales-llc.hamm...urce=craigslist

On a scale of 1 to extended warranty buyer, how dumb is this idea?

Here's the scale:

code:
1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . You
                      ^
             Extended warranty buyer

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

Here's the scale:

code:
1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . You
                      ^
             Extended warranty buyer

This scale is a looping circle. He's come back around again.

I say do it, but bring a friend to film and also laugh at you, and put that poo poo on YouTube.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

In true goon fashion, I'll now continue to solicit your advice for three more pages, then triumphantly post a thread where I show that I ignored everyone's advice, then defend my choice blithely at first but increasingly angrily.

I wonder how much turnover there is among them. I'd love a manual wagon X, but I know the odds of that are....laughable. There's a modded 6-speed for 12k in Boston (lol no), another auto for 15k in Wisconsin (lol), and that's about it.

I thought about an S60R or V70R, but a long talk with one owner reading down the list of things he'd fixed (around 12k in parts) on his cured me of that.

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FileNotFound posted:

You’re in air way rarified from my poor tastes, but I really feel like compromising for awd seems silly when you have access to a 4Runner when things get rough. I’m not that tall and I don’t have that much money but if you’re spending that much and have a 4Runner anyway I’d open it up to regular rwd sports sedans too. Maybe the cars your looking at are the best in the end, but at least give other poo poo a shot.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

powderific posted:

You’re in air way rarified from my poor tastes, but I really feel like compromising for awd seems silly when you have access to a 4Runner when things get rough. I’m not that tall and I don’t have that much money but if you’re spending that much and have a 4Runner anyway I’d open it up to regular rwd sports sedans too. Maybe the cars your looking at are the best in the end, but at least give other poo poo a shot.

I mean...the QP being RWD is bad...but it's also just a horrific idea. The only other RWD car I seriously considered is a Lexus IS F - but it's basically exactly the same price as the S6 or the CLS550 - and I totally get that in terms of reliability it's going to blow both out of the water - but it just doesn't feel like a $40k car - let alone a car that was ~65k new - and well - basically even the 2014 is still a 2008 as not much changed.

Edit: Also I would sell my left nut (it's the one that hangs lowest) if it could get me the $20k I'm short to get a Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio - which is RWD and is basically a Maserrati QP - except good in all things (except reliability obviously because it's Italian).

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Jan 20, 2018

powderific
May 13, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Totally fair, I’m not engaged in that segment so I don’t know. Mostly just thinking that if you have a 4Runner you should have the bad snow occasions covered so don’t let that dictate your decision. But if the cars your looking at are already the ones you like best, no worries on that count.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

GD_American posted:

In true goon fashion, I'll now continue to solicit your advice for three more pages, then triumphantly post a thread where I show that I ignored everyone's advice, then defend my choice blithely at first but increasingly angrily.

I wonder how much turnover there is among them. I'd love a manual wagon X, but I know the odds of that are....laughable. There's a modded 6-speed for 12k in Boston (lol no), another auto for 15k in Wisconsin (lol), and that's about it.

I thought about an S60R or V70R, but a long talk with one owner reading down the list of things he'd fixed (around 12k in parts) on his cured me of that.

So if you just want a reasonable turbo manual wagon from the mid-00's it would seem the choice is obvious.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

FileNotFound posted:

I will have you know that I decided on these two only after ruling out a 2012 Quattroporte Sport GT S

So you justify your decisions the same way I do. "But, it could have been worse!"

FileNotFound posted:

I want a sports car that is a sedan that someone who is 6'6" can comfortably drive ~2h a day in - which rules out most of the fun sports sedans. So I guess S6....SUVs are gross. Which is why the '97 4Runner is the spare car/dog hauler.

Porsche Panamera Turbo S4? The 2012-ish ones with like 60k on the clock are around $50k.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Motronic posted:

Porsche Panamera Turbo S4? The 2012-ish ones with like 60k on the clock are around $50k.

I think they are still overpriced for what they are - it just comes down to the fact that a CLS550 with less than 30k on it can be had for ~45k OTD. That's also why I'm struggling to justify an S6, let alone the AMG variant of the CLS as the price difference is pretty silly. I'm probably going to be stupid and get the S6 anyway but feel bad about it.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Unload My Head posted:

So if you just want a reasonable turbo manual wagon from the mid-00's it would seem the choice is obvious.

Yes, of course, and I'm way ahead of you there. Calling right now about a 2011 Saab 9-5 Aero with XWD.

edit- holy poo poo, they actually did make a few dozen wagons of them:

http://9-5sc2012.com/

GD_American fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 21, 2018

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Proposed Budget: 5,000 a year, about 430 a month is my max; I'd prefer 4,000 a year
New or Used: Certified pre-owned is what I'm looking for
Body Style: small, needs to fit two people comfortably and only one of them is tall; two or four-door sedan I imagine would be best
How will you be using the car?: Have to travel fairly regularly for work; otherwise, will not be frequently used.
What aspects are most important to you? Reliability and MPG.

I have never bought a car before, I don't know how to approach this and, given what I've seen my family do, I don't trust any of them to advise me on this. I haven't had a car for two years and the last one I had was my spouse's car they got from their parents as a wedding present six years ago (which we sold two years ago). I'm moving to a new place where I will need a car and I'm going to be on my own buying one. I have a friend who's into cars who I will ask for advice, but he always talks up Toyota and I have no idea if they're as great as he says they are.

I'm assuming a used honda civic would be ideal for me, but that's just because that's the first car I had which was also a gift. I have no idea if they're actually very good cars.

Help me car buying thread, I need your help.

Edit - I also don't know if it makes a difference, but I've saved up enough money that I might be able to buy a car outright if it's cheap enough, like 10k or so.

N. Senada fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jan 22, 2018

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

N. Senada posted:

Proposed Budget: 5,000 a year, about 430 a month is my max; I'd prefer 4,000 a year
Body Style: small, needs to fit two people comfortably and only one of them is tall; two or four-door sedan I imagine would be best
How will you be using the car?: Have to travel fairly regularly for work; otherwise, will not be frequently used.

I have never bought a car before, I don't know how to approach this and, given what I've seen my family do, I don't trust any of them to advise me on this. I haven't had a car for two years and the last one I had was my spouse's car they got from their parents as a wedding present six years ago (which we sold two years ago). I'm moving to a new place where I will need a car and I'm going to be on my own buying one. I have a friend who's into cars who I will ask for advice, but he always talks up Toyota and I have no idea if they're as great as he says they are.

I'm assuming a used honda civic would be ideal for me, but that's just because that's the first car I had which was also a gift. I have no idea if they're actually very good cars.

Edit - I also don't know if it makes a difference, but I've saved up enough money that I might be able to buy a car outright if it's cheap enough, like 10k or so.

Nicest Prius you can find for about $10k then. Please have someone who knows what they're doing look at it first to make sure a family of raccoons hasn't been living in the exhaust system or something.

They are bulletproof as cars go and get great MPG. As you don't seem to care about anything else then just get the ultimate driving appliance.

Also never buy on payments.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Breetai posted:

Well I gave the jazz/fit a try, and I see what you mean about the Yaris being hateful garbage by comparison. Thanks for that! Truth be told I'm probably going to get the jazz. It's a fraction more expensive than the Yaris but the driving is just so much more pleasurable to the point where I don't even have to consciously think about driving like I do with most cars I'm unfamiliar with.

Glad I could help you out. Bros don't let bros drive Yarises.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

N. Senada posted:

If you hate driving and just care about MPG - you can get a CPO Diesel Cruze for ~12k
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=474122976

They are not bad cars.

You can also pick up a Jetta TDI (some say they are bad cars, I disagree for the most part)
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=471995589

Now you may think all these are bad ideas - but what about this:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=472489837

All of these are at the very least more interesting than a Prius...

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 22, 2018

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I don't agree that someone whose primary concern is reliability should buy a Volkswagen product or a weird GM unicorn powertrain.

The gas NA Cruze is a much better value and pretty reliable if you really insist on going down that road.

The Volt is actually kind of a good idea but you can probably do better value and practicality-wise with a Prius.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I don't agree that someone whose primary concern is reliability should buy a Volkswagen product or a weird GM unicorn powertrain.

The gas NA Cruze is a much better value and pretty reliable if you really insist on going down that road.

The Volt is actually kind of a good idea but you can probably do better value and practicality-wise with a Prius.

You're right - but I hate recommending a Prius and genuinely believe the Volt to be overall a better car for most commuters who have the ability to charge it daily.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

FileNotFound posted:

You're right - but I hate recommending a Prius and genuinely believe the Volt to be overall a better car for most commuters who have the ability to charge it daily.

Why? For someone who hates driving the prius is ideal. They don't break and get good fuel economy.
A VW or a diesel GM that only sold a few copies is crazy. The volt is fine, but the prius has such a track record of reliability.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

FileNotFound posted:

Volt availability and prices vary a ton. They are not a high volume car, so you can't find them easily in all places. When you take them to a mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection, he's going to throw his hands up and say "what the gently caress, buddy".

Because of how thin the Volt market is, you can get outstanding deals. A friend of mine got a 35k mile 2013 Volt for $8500 about a year ago, and now my dad is trying to decide between a similar Volt for $9k or a Nissan Leaf, which can be had locally a couple years old for $6k. You also just might not have any Volts or Leafs for sale locally, but there's always going to be Priuses.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

nm posted:

Why? For someone who hates driving the prius is ideal.

That's kinda exactly why.
I think driving a Prius makes people hate driving.

I have driven a Prius many many times - and it's a horrible car to drive, heavy, sluggish, disconnected from the road with unresponsive steering (admittedly some of this can be fixed by putting tires on that aren't low rolling resistance and actually try to grip the road). They're awful cars to drive and the only thing you can enjoy about driving a Prius is watching how little fuel you are using and that just turns it into more of a chore.

I firmly believe that someone who hates driving may end up finding that it's actually enjoyable if they owned a car that was actually focused on driving rather than fuel efficiency - and that doesn't mean a sports car at all - there are plenty of econoboxes that are really fun to drive. Any NA Civic is a more engaging car than a Prius.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jan 23, 2018

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

FileNotFound posted:

I have driven a Prius many many times - and it's a horrible car to drive, heavy, sluggish, disconnected from the road with unresponsive steering (admittedly some of this can be fixed by putting tires on that aren't low rolling resistance and actually try to grip the road). They're awful cars to drive and the only thing you can enjoy about driving a Prius is watching how little fuel you are using and that just turns it into more of a chore.

I firmly believe that someone who hates driving may end up finding that it's actually enjoyable if they owned a car that was actually focused on driving rather than fuel efficiency - and that doesn't mean a sports car at all - there are plenty of econoboxes that are really fun to drive. Any NA Civic is a more engaging car than a Prius.

If they've never driven a Prius how does driving a Prius make people hate driving?

It's okay, not everyone needs to have the same hobby as you.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

It's a four seater with limited storage space and more limited parts availability. It's not a better car in any of the ways your average "I-hate-cars" car buyer cares about.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

FileNotFound posted:

while I completely agree with you as a car nerd enthusiast that works in the industry about everything other than the first statement, you have to acknowledge that on a fundamental level the vast majority of car buyers in the united states of america care about cost of ownership and view driving as somewhere between a mild inconvenience that enables their lives, and a trip to the dentist.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

FileNotFound posted:

I carpool with a guy that drives a third-gen Prius and you’re absolutely correct about their driving experience, plus rear visibility isn’t very good and the plasticy dash/console arrangement is a creaky, squeaky irritant. His car -is- perfectly reliable and has very low maintenance costs, but so does my Fit and it’s at least fairly fun to drive.

I still recommend Prius’s for people who want a driving appliance and value fuel economy over any other factor, but I sort of internally cringe when I do so.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

FileNotFound posted:

This is ridiculous. No one aside from car-weirdos wants an "engaging" car. People want to get from point A to point B with a minimal outlay of money, they want to drive in a straight line at the same speed in the same lane, and they don't want anything interrupting their Audible book.

That is why people drive like they do. It's why the Camry and the Prius and the F150 are the most sold cars in this country.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Unload My Head posted:

Without you posting a breakdown of the charges, and reciting back everything each mechanic told you it's tough to say, but there are two major red flags.

1) Any mechanic should be able to fix a Toyota's brakes.

2) With like two seconds of research a used ABS module can be had on eBay for about $250. Your mechanic can probably do better from a local junkyard. Even assuming five hours of labor (which is too much, book is probably 2-2.5 but I'm not going to go look it up), that would mean they are charging you $230/hr which is more than twice the normal rate.
Here's the actual quote.

I'll call a couple other places first, not sure if they'll give a quote without seeing the car, but it's worth a try.

I'm still on the fence about getting a new car or fixing this one and trying to get another few years out of it.

Edit: I love driving my Prius and never noticed anything off about it. It feels light and smooth to me. But I'm no enthusiast and I've hardly driven anything else for 10 years, so...

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

if you look at the sales charts, it's the Era of the mother loving Crossover, baby!!! Top 3 were domestic half tons, then inexplicably the Camry, and then four midsize crossovers

i don't know how in the gently caress all these buyers afford domestic half tons other than 84 mo loans and cash on hood

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Has a non-raptor/srt-10 domestic full size pickup ever sold for more than 90% of mrsp? It seems like they all start with 10 grand off these days.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

nm posted:

Has a non-raptor/srt-10 domestic full size pickup ever sold for more than 90% of mrsp? It seems like they all start with 10 grand off these days.

ten grand off of fifty is still forty tho

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

if you look at the sales charts, it's the Era of the mother loving Crossover, baby!!! Top 3 were domestic half tons, then inexplicably the Camry, and then four midsize crossovers

i don't know how in the gently caress all these buyers afford domestic half tons other than 84 mo loans and cash on hood

That's exactly how they "afford" it. Plop all their savings and use a seven year loan. Also have a truck worth 50 to 150 percent of your home.

Note that on average where trucks are popular, housing is cheap.

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Proposed Budget: 25-30k max
New or Used: Used
Body Style: Thinking either 4 door hatchback or sedna
How will you be using the car?: ~20 minute each way highway commute to work, never really drive more then 1 passenger.
What aspects are most important to you? Manual transmission, reliability

I have a 2015 Jetta (essentially base model) where the lease is ending in a few months. I was looking for something with more power or more fun to drive.

I don't really need/want all the features, pretty much would be happy with bluetooth + heated seats.

I've been eyeing the GTI for awhile now, but my wife might end up getting one instead. BRZ is interesting looking, though I've never driven RWD before. I'm in NJ, so a few months of the year are usually snowy. I can't stand the hood scoop on the WRX. My parents have a Mazda3 sedan, and I didn't really fit in it too well. I'm only 6'1", but my head hit the ceiling.. is the hatchback any better?

Half my commute is on a major truck highway, so I don't really want something that I'm going to worry about every rock kicked up. My current windshield is covered in marks from that.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Here's the actual quote.

I'll call a couple other places first, not sure if they'll give a quote without seeing the car, but it's worth a try.

I'm still on the fence about getting a new car or fixing this one and trying to get another few years out of it.

Edit: I love driving my Prius and never noticed anything off about it. It feels light and smooth to me. But I'm no enthusiast and I've hardly driven anything else for 10 years, so...

Yeah a brake bleed doesn't cost $219. JFC.

As the Magliozzi brothers would say, at that point you're just making someone's boat payments.

*Edit: Call other places. Tell them you want a price for a used ABS module, the labor to replace, and the bleed. They don't need to see the car to give you those numbers.

Unload My Head fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 24, 2018

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

devicenull posted:

How will you be using the car?: ~20 minute each way highway commute to work, never really drive more then 1 passenger.

I have a 2015 Jetta (essentially base model) where the lease is ending in a few months. I was looking for something with more power or more fun to drive.

I don't really need/want all the features, pretty much would be happy with bluetooth + heated seats.

I've been eyeing the GTI for awhile now, but my wife might end up getting one instead. BRZ is interesting looking, though I've never driven RWD before. I'm in NJ, so a few months of the year are usually snowy. I can't stand the hood scoop on the WRX. My parents have a Mazda3 sedan, and I didn't really fit in it too well. I'm only 6'1", but my head hit the ceiling.. is the hatchback any better?

Half my commute is on a major truck highway, so I don't really want something that I'm going to worry about every rock kicked up. My current windshield is covered in marks from that.

I have awful ideas for you - because all my ideas are awful - but I promise that they are interesting.

Mustang if you don't mind RWD. Fifth gen mustangs have actually been very reliable and I can't see why that'd change for 6th...
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewPrintableDeal.action?inventoryListing=193860066&distance=&zip=19087&searchZip=19087
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewPrintableDeal.action?inventoryListing=191323540&distance=&zip=19087&searchZip=19087

Edit: poo poo you said 4 door - welp all my ideas are bad.

This right here is the only idea I have that is not bad.

If you are willing to have passable but not great reliability A4/A5 or Golf R - you get AWD and manual in a car that is not a Subaru. There are rare beasts such as the BMW 335i xDrive - but finding one is near impossible and you will probably overpay for it as people who have them tend to know they are rare. you can also find Lancer Evos in your price range - but even I wouldn't buy one. You can also find AWD manual Mini's - I wouldn't touch them either.

If I were you, I'd get the Golf R - https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewPrintableDeal.action?inventoryListing=186059960&distance=&zip=19087&searchZip=19087

But it doesn't exactly check the Reliability box. Honestly - I don't think the WRX is reliable either.

FileNotFound fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 24, 2018

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

devicenull posted:

Civic SI of some osrt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Hawking
Apr 27, 2004

by VideoGames
Fun Shoe
Kia Stinger :getin: