Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Brolander posted:

I submit that you, Robert Digital, are instead the bitch

I’ll see you fuckers in Temecula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Slightly related, I looked at Google maps images of Temecula the other day and it made me want to loving vomit. How do you stand living like that?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

scuz posted:

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-aaron-gordon-victor-oladipo-larry-nance-jr-accept-invite-2018-slam-dunk-contest/

Dunk contest contestants:

Aaron Gordon, Victor Oladipo, Larry Nance Jr., Dennis Smith Jr.

No Donovon Mitchell is a loving travesty. shameful

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Slightly related, I looked at Google maps images of Temecula the other day and it made me want to loving vomit. How do you stand living like that?
My theory is it's a lot of transplanted Arizonans in which case anything anywhere is an improvement/it kind of reminds them of home

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

No Donovon Mitchell is a loving travesty. shameful

Isn't Mitchell more of a Russ style in-game power/explosion dunker? Those guys usually don't translate too well to the dunk contest. If I'm wrong and he's a coiled snake jumping out of a can then I apologize

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

It’s mostly mediocre wine, but you can get a molten Brie bread bowl and a champagne slushie so it’s not all bad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
gently caress the coaches for putting in Al Horford over my hairy shouldered little big man

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Cool Buff Man posted:

Isn't Mitchell more of a Russ style in-game power/explosion dunker? Those guys usually don't translate too well to the dunk contest. If I'm wrong and he's a coiled snake jumping out of a can then I apologize

Yeah I guess that's true, though I wouldn't have minded seeing what Russ could do in the dunk contest either

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
I was expecting Wall, but hoped he wouldn't get picked.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Temecula's bad. Some nice restaurants, though. It is true that is very Mesa, Arizona.

I think Lake Elisnore has a lot of hidden charm though, at least when the smell is right.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Temecula's bad. Some nice restaurants, though. It is true that is very Mesa, Arizona.

I think Lake Elisnore has a lot of hidden charm though, at least when the smell is right.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I got stabbed outside of a Mesa Denny's. Fully triggered whenever I see the town's name

Ahh I miss ASU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Let's go dipo 👏👏👏

Bullshit George didn't make it

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I was watching American Ninja Warrior the other day and one of the contestants was from Temecula, and I felt an urge to fight him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Metapod posted:

Let's go dipo 👏👏👏

Bullshit George didn't make it

The important thing is that we're not bitter

Oh wait

https://twitter.com/indystar/status/955958900238508033

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Almost died on the toilet, reading Al Horford as Al Jefferson.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Henchman of Santa posted:

gently caress the coaches for putting in Al Horford over my hairy shouldered little big man

clint capela and andre drummond should get some kind of lifetime achievement award for unfucking their free throws, something that's apparently almost impossible to do

edit: Good poo poo Morey

https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/955846220077035520

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 24, 2018

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

chunkles posted:

clint capela and andre drummond should get some kind of lifetime achievement award for unfucking their free throws, something that's apparently almost impossible to do

edit: Good poo poo Morey

https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/955846220077035520

Well what else would they ask for

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Drummond should definitely have been an All-Star, otherwise that east roster is about right

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

i've still yet to have anyone explain why on earth the rockets would want deandre jordan unless/until Clint Capela is gone for someone else, basically Lebron or something

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Woj saying we are looking to move Malachi...or Skal

:lol: Vlade

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Didn't see anyone actually post the West, maybe missed it

code:
West Reserves:  LaMarcus Aldridge, Jimmy Butler, Draymond Green, Damian Lillard, Klay Thompson, Karl-Anthony Towns, Russell Westbrook
Congrats on KAT's first all-star berth.

euphronius posted:

Yeah ok Kemba and Drummond over wall and love .

Kevin Love has a 23 PER, a WS/48 of .191, True Shooting over 60% and shooting 40% from 3. Why on earth do you not think he should be an all-star?

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Kobe deserves an Oscar. He's been acting like MJ forever.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It'll be the most Vlade thing in the world to dump a once prized asset in order up trade away an expensive mistake

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It says a ton about guard depth in the West that Chris Paul isn't an all-star. I'm not salty about it, I just find it genuinely remarkable.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/espn/status/955976255618342918

The law of movie posters means LeBron is the bad guy

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

WhyteRyce posted:

Woj saying we are looking to move Malachi...or Skal

:lol: Vlade

I want to die

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It says a ton about guard depth in the West that Chris Paul isn't an all-star. I'm not salty about it, I just find it genuinely remarkable.

It's entirely because of the games missed.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm sure I've mentioned it before but I got stabbed outside of a Mesa Denny's. Fully triggered whenever I see the town's name

Ahh I miss ASU

It's an extremely triggering place. And anyway I probably should've used like, Chandler.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

justice for scorned East All Star Nikola Mirortic

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Deandre Jordan is very good, but Capela has more defensive range and that's important for the Rockets

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

My theory is it's a lot of transplanted Arizonans in which case anything anywhere is an improvement/it kind of reminds them of home

Bobby Digital posted:

It’s mostly mediocre wine, but you can get a molten Brie bread bowl and a champagne slushie so it’s not all bad.

Rick posted:

I've been informed all Exurbs look like this, I'm even more disgusted

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Toronto is going to the finals

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Spoeank posted:

The Kings don't have multiple spare roster spots

https://twitter.com/ESPNCleveland/status/955924307221368832

It seems like a good idea for the Cavs, George Hill can bring the ball up, he can score, he can play defense, but I think his ankle is all hosed up and he's been playing like poo poo 60% of the time. Will he heal in time for his play to matter?

If it gets the Kings out of his contract so they can move on from this stupid summer, why not?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The one thing that makes me sad about the Cavs' woes as a team is I figured this was Jose Calderon's last chance to win a championship, and he's a top 5 Raptor for me, dude was a hell of a playmaker and I've seen very few PG's turn their jumper around as well as he did.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Have you ever had the pleasure of watching the trash bros in full playoff mode

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The one thing that makes me sad about the Cavs' woes as a team is I figured this was Jose Calderon's last chance to win a championship, and he's a top 5 Raptor for me, dude was a hell of a playmaker and I've seen very few PG's turn their jumper around as well as he did.

Jose was on the Warriors last season for 2 hours before being released for Matt Barnes

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jose is currently the best pg on the cavs it is all hosed up

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He was great as a half season fill in point guard for the Pistons. He never missed a three (.461) and his passing in conjunction with Greg Monroe made what had been a very sorry Isolayshaun team play happy basketball. That was before Jonas Jerebko tore a ligament and went from a springy big to a stretch 4.

Will "the Thrill" Bynum was still delighting American, rather than Chinese fans

Those were the good old days

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Metapod posted:

Please god no. Don't sic Toronto fans on the interweb that way. Not like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao if they trade rose to the loving kings

• Locked thread