Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Pretty good episode, but I still don't entirely buy the Not Team Arrow's thought process. I get the frustration at being spied on, but it's not like Ollie or the team in general, has ever not had their best interests at heart otherwise. The apology was legit and heartfelt, it just seems they don't want to re-team up out of pettiness. Seems like the two teams will meet in the field and hijinks will ensue. Fully expecting this division to last until like the third last episode when they realize they have to get together to fight the 5 baddies. Still not sure who that fifth guy is, though.

Whoever decided that Thea and Lance must always share scenes is a goddamn genius. They're both complete treasures and I never expected Thea to be the voice of most reason, nor did I expect their relationship to be the one I'm most interested in. Good job, Arrow writers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Sir Potato posted:

Pretty good episode, but I still don't entirely buy the Not Team Arrow's thought process. I get the frustration at being spied on, but it's not like Ollie or the team in general, has ever not had their best interests at heart otherwise. The apology was legit and heartfelt, it just seems they don't want to re-team up out of pettiness.

Yeah it's annoying to me. Oh Renee you sold out the team to protect your daughter and didn't tell anyone. Yeah I get that no harm no foul there man. But Oliver, you spied on us because you thought someone compromised the team and were right? Not cool man that betrayed our trust. The "the whole team isn't treated the same" thing doesn't even make sense because 2/3rds of the people they are referring two are or have been Green Arrow and the third is the one setting up the spying stuff.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

What's a crogurt?

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah it's annoying to me. Oh Renee you sold out the team to protect your daughter and didn't tell anyone. Yeah I get that no harm no foul there man. But Oliver, you spied on us because you thought someone compromised the team and were right? Not cool man that betrayed our trust. The "the whole team isn't treated the same" thing doesn't even make sense because 2/3rds of the people they are referring two are or have been Green Arrow and the third is the one setting up the spying stuff.

And honestly, they've repeatedly emphasized that those three are the OG Team Arrow over the past several seasons. You can't really blame them for being at the very least skeptical of team members that Ollie has never entirely felt safe trusting or for having some innate sense of trust for each other over the newbies. Like, Rene very clearly recognizes that Ollie has a pretty solid argument when it comes to Ollie/William and Rene/his daughter and how Ollie would do the same if he was in Rene's position. Also the whole thing about Dinah fussing about the 24-hour thing. Like, you guys aren't on the team anymore. It's a good faith exercise on the part of Ollie to even mention the fact that Cayden James knew about you and you're going to yet again call them out for it?

At the very least I do like what they're doing because it is a genuinely new dichotomy. None of the shows have really had another team that wants the same thing as our "heroes" do function at the same time so that will at the very least be interesting. And I do like the three of them so I do want them to do well, but as usual, it just seems like CW-drama for the sake of drama.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phenotype posted:

What's a crogurt?

Cursed Forgurt.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

It's days later and I'm still laughing that Cayden James's stolen T-Spheres had big glowing Cs on them. For Cayden.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Zutaten posted:

It's days later and I'm still laughing that Cayden James's stolen T-Spheres had big glowing Cs on them. For Cayden.

Nothing is more important than good branding.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

twistedmentat posted:

Cursed Forgurt.

That's bad.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DoctorWhat posted:

That's bad.

But you get your choice of topping

I really hate vigilante. He's basically a terrible version of Deathstroke. James has the sane problem that Devoe has on Flash, he's outsmarting the heroes, but only because the heroes are being really dumb.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

twistedmentat posted:

But you get your choice of topping

That's good!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

Cursed Forgurt.

DoctorWhat posted:

That's good!

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Rocksicles posted:

The toppings contain potassium benzoate.

* blank stares *

Just caught up on the episode and a good way to set up the 2nd pat of the season. Though I agree Team Arrow and Oliver (for once) were in the right vs. the Outsiders. I am genuinely curious how they are going to solve this by the end of the season though.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

Just caught up on the episode and a good way to set up the 2nd pat of the season. Though I agree Team Arrow and Oliver (for once) were in the right vs. the Outsiders. I am genuinely curious how they are going to solve this by the end of the season though.

Mutual enemies, "they're too much for just the three of us to handle independently," "this is only a temporary arrangement until Cayden James is taken down," etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He already launched the nuke Oliver. Oh no, it's aimed at the Arrow Cave!

There's nothing I can do expect redirect it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maybe it's just me but during the scene with just Felicity and Dig with the team it seemed like Dig wasn't actually looking at anyone. They kept cutting to close ups and his gaze always seemed slightly off.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The way I rationalize it is that Person of Interest was actually an Arrowverse show and Cayden James is actually just another one of Finch’s many aliases and he just went off the loving rails after Reese and the Machine died on him.

his defeat will be a call from gideon that says "can you hear me" and he will collapse weeping

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

He already launched the nuke Oliver. Oh no, it's aimed at the Arrow Cave!

There's nothing I can do expect redirect it.

Somewhere the Not Outsiders are decorating their base when Rene says "Yo hoss what's that soun—"

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Chokes McGee posted:

Somewhere the Not Outsiders are decorating their base when Rene says "Yo hoss what's that soun—"

Ragman shows up in the nick of time. "Felicity, my ancestors' rags JUST recharged, c'mon!"

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Sir Potato posted:

Whoever decided that Thea and Lance must always share scenes is a goddamn genius. They're both complete treasures and I never expected Thea to be the voice of most reason, nor did I expect their relationship to be the one I'm most interested in. Good job, Arrow writers.

I want them to get together but now they're doing the "I think of you as my dad" thing so that's out.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Tiggum posted:

Was Ollie surprised that all the bad guys turned up? I thought that was his plan, but then he didn't seem remotely prepared for it.

I thought the explosives were to blow all the bad guys up when they turned up at the warehouse and stood in one place, but obviously not.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I wasn't totally clear on what Oliver's plans were post them realizing they were bugged, so for now I'm just going to consider that maybe its purposely confusing because he's trying to outsmart the bad guys with some game. But I dunno.

Or he could just be flailing again.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Ollie's always been good on his feet, but the long range planning thing was never his strongest asset.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Xelkelvos posted:

Ollie's always been good on his feet, but the long range planning thing was never his strongest asset.

Makes sense. It matches his fighting-style: rarely shoots enemies from afar, always prefers kicking.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I want them to get together but now they're doing the "I think of you as my dad" thing so that's out.

I had that vibe as well for a bit during this last episode, but the father/daughter relationship is probably a much better option, especially since they can tie it into Black Siren and all that. I imagine he'll forgo having BS as his "daughter" and choose Thea instead which will be nice. I don't even care if Thea comes on the team or not, just always have her be the wise sage they need advice from, Willa Holland plays it well.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I get that it was meant to be touching but all I could do during Thea's "think of your other daughter" scene was imagine Lance going

"Oh Sara's off in time or whatever ohhhh you meant yourself"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

I had that vibe as well for a bit during this last episode, but the father/daughter relationship is probably a much better option, especially since they can tie it into Black Siren and all that. I imagine he'll forgo having BS as his "daughter" and choose Thea instead which will be nice. I don't even care if Thea comes on the team or not, just always have her be the wise sage they need advice from, Willa Holland plays it well.

I'm on board with this, plus I loved her stint as ACTION CHIEF OF STAFF or whatever where she was following reporters by hopping across buildings like a ninja in a business dress.

I'm still gonna be disappointed if she doesn't put on the hood at least once this season, though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sir Potato posted:

the father/daughter relationship is probably a much better option
Probably? He's twice her age.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"Thea will become the best character on Arrow", is definitely something I didn't foresee in 2013.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Thea/Lance shipping what the gently caress is wrong with you people :chloe:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Thea/Lance shipping what the gently caress is wrong with you people :chloe:

Look, the Flash thread title is a literal screaming plea to get people to stop talking about incest. This ain't the first time goons started to talk about weird groady poo poo unsolicited w/r/t a CWverse show. :barf:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

TwoPair posted:

I get that it was meant to be touching but all I could do during Thea's "think of your other daughter" scene was imagine Lance going

"Oh Sara's off in time or whatever ohhhh you meant yourself"

Lance has been so laser focused on his daughters for the past 6 years that I assumed she was referring to either dead Laurel, or Sara. Referring to herself wasn't even a reading that crossed my mind until this post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Thea has only known Lance for like 2 years.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Aphrodite posted:

Thea has only known Lance for like 2 years.

They've been vaguely aware of each other the whole time. Wasn't he there when she was arrested for drugged driving back in season 1?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I mean even if he wasn't, Oliver dated Laurel for a long time (and fooled around with Sara) so Lance would presumably know the Queen family pretty well

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I mean even if he wasn't, Oliver dated Laurel for a long time (and fooled around with Sara) so Lance would presumably know the Queen family pretty well

Yeah but your brother's girlfriend's dad is probably not someone you're close to.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait... there's people who want Thea and Quentin to hook up?

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Amusingly, Legends of Tomorrow, a show that has had multiple close calls with the Grandfather Paradox, including a main character who has tried to bang several other Arrowverse heroes’ mothers/grandmothers, still has the least creepiest fanbase on SA.

Well done Team Legends! :thumbsup:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

including a main character who has tried to bang several other Arrowverse heroes’ mothers/grandmothers,

I feel like Nate is a goon.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
At this point it would be more interesting if the next step of Cayden James' elaborate plan involved Team Flash or Central City and he gets to play his "I've planned everything" cards against The Thunker to see who has the most plot armor brilliant machinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES

STAC Goat posted:

Oh, dear, I definitely don't want them to get together, but it seemed like they could have gone that route. I'm sure the CW has done worse. I'm super glad they didn't go that route cause, like I said, their father/daughter relationship is the best on the show.