Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Conan...tell me about your actor's pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Know Such Peace posted:

It was a fun episode, but I understand why people told him to ease up on the self-deprecating humor. Conan can not let one minute go by without making a joke at his own expense. I know he always wants to be 'in-character' while onstage or in front of fans, but it would be nice to see him let down his guard. A Wild Horses show wasn't the place to do that though.

Sounds like someone hasn't seen Conan O'Brien Can't Stop. He doesn't really get out of character, to his own detriment. Give it a watch, it's a terrific documentary.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
His inspirational anecdote around which he bases his interactions with fans is about John Candy, a man who died of a heart attack aged 43, eating six chocolate eclairs.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
On the heels of the With Special Guest announcement, Hollywood Handbook: Pro Version is a new weekly show coming to Stitcher Premium starting next Wednesday. Here's hoping they're primarily Hayes and Sean solo episodes.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ok. Then if stuff is going behind a paywall, what is the easiest way to use the direct link on my iPhone?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Snowmankilla posted:

Ok. Then if stuff is going behind a paywall, what is the easiest way to use the direct link on my iPhone?

I use overcast and just paste the RSS link where it asks “Add URL”.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, use the Unofficial RSS Feeds to grab a link and just paste it into the podcast app of your choice (I assume that Apple Podcasts has that feature, but maybe they don't? I wouldn't be surprised.) The RSS Feeds work great and I think I've had to relink maybe once since I started using them. My biggest complaint is that Stitcher themselves breaks things up weird - For example, there's a feed just for CBB "Special Episodes", but then also the 2017 Tour is its own feed, and then their single show from Outside Lands last year is on its own separate feed.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Did Comedy Bang Bang have a 2017 tour? I was catching up on the best of 2017 and hearing this story of the genesis of big chunky bubbles and I want to hear that. I can find the 2016 tour on howl but no 2017 one? Did I listen really poorly and they meant that the character came from the 2016 tour?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
According to the wiki he's from 2016 Portland:

http://comedybangbang.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Chunky_Bubbles

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Krinkle posted:

Did Comedy Bang Bang have a 2017 tour? I was catching up on the best of 2017 and hearing this story of the genesis of big chunky bubbles and I want to hear that. I can find the 2016 tour on howl but no 2017 one? Did I listen really poorly and they meant that the character came from the 2016 tour?

Those stories are about being on the 2016 tour, which is where BCB was originated and first performed.

(The Mayor Junius Bobbledoonery story is from some Amy Mann tour PFT was working on)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

They didn't have a tour last year because 2016 almost killed them.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Oh I got a trial howl subscription and listened to that tour. Peter Serafenowitz had a good story about phantom menace.

Are they on the outs with howl? They're stitcher now? Or was it the other way around? The company that demanded a paywall sold them immediately and the new one says yeah keep the paywall?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I had no idea they restarted Womp it Up. Today is a good day.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Krinkle posted:

Are they on the outs with howl? They're stitcher now? Or was it the other way around? The company that demanded a paywall sold them immediately and the new one says yeah keep the paywall?
Scripps acquired Midroll (which includes Earwolf) in 2015 and demanded the paywall. This is how Howl started. Midroll (now owned by Scripps) acquired Stitcher in 2016 and copied the premium content over to the newly-created 'Stitcher Premium'. It's basically the same idea, except Stitcher has a bigger audience and hopefully would bring in more premium subscribers. The Howl app is no longer being developed, but it still gets updated with the premium content. The security on the Howl website is really weak, so I imagine they'll eventually get rid of it.

The Howl app is usable, while the Stitcher Premium app is garbage.

Edit: Midroll has ignored requests for RSS feeds that can be used in any podcast app, but some people in the Earwolf subreddit created 'unofficial feeds'. They still require an active account and password, but they do allow you to use any podcast app.

https://howl-rss.128.io

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jan 24, 2018

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

ArtVandelay posted:

Newest Wild Horses ep is pretty great. If you're a fan of weird Erin Whitehead, then this is the one to listen to. She's got at least 2 or 3 insane stories, and she admits her favorite movie ever is Armageddon. Also, Conan is absolutely on fire.

Yeah, that was a fantastic episode. I mean.....it was live taped episode from who knows when. But yeah....Conan was great and the improv afterwards was also great. A+ episode. Those gals play off each other SO well.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Knifegrab posted:

Tig Notaro may be the worst guest in HDTGM history. I was so glad when Paul and Jason practically took over. I feel like Jason was actively trying to get away from her, and it was clear Paul was trying to move the show forward so she had less to say.

I'm still confused about Tig Notaro. She kind of looks like a man. And she married Stephanie Allynne....who's a pretty good looking gal. I need to find what this Notaro lady has been a part of.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

JethroMcB posted:

On the heels of the With Special Guest announcement, Hollywood Handbook: Pro Version is a new weekly show coming to Stitcher Premium starting next Wednesday. Here's hoping they're primarily Hayes and Sean solo episodes.

They are still doing the weekly show though? Double the Hayes and Sean is like a late christmas present. Oh.....and I haven't had too much trouble with the Stitcher Premium app. Far worse than Podcast Addict (which I used before).....but not unusable.

Oh and shout out to 'Mission to Zyxx'. Fun show all the way through. The season finale whooped rear end. Give it a shot. Quickly shot up my list of favorite podcasts.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Knifegrab posted:

I had no idea they restarted Womp it Up. Today is a good day.

Today's episode is amazing

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

RestingB1tchFace posted:

I'm still confused about Tig Notaro. She kind of looks like a man. And she married Stephanie Allynne....who's a pretty good looking gal. I need to find what this Notaro lady has been a part of.

There are plenty of relationships between men and women or men and men where an older unattractive person with money or fame marries a younger attractive person with less money or fame, so it doesn't seem that hard to understand why it might happen with lesbians too.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
It was an odd connection. They got together around the same time that Tig got a life-threating stomach virus, her mom died unexpectedly from fall, and also found out that she had breast cancer. If I remember correctly, Stephanie had not been in a relationship with a woman before.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RestingB1tchFace posted:

shes one of the greatest standup comics of all time

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

That seems generous.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

scary ghost dog posted:

now THIS is comedy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn’t they stitcher app get a major ‘we know it’s really bad, sorry’ update recently? I don’t use it often enough to remember.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Also maybe just maybe she is intentionally playing up her androgyny as part of her sexuality's coding and neither she nor Stephanie cares how traditionally feminine she looks?

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Stephanie is funnier than Tig.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Tig always seems like she has her guard way way up and can come off as like, too cool for school, which is why Live was so different. Tons of vulnerability and she just came off as more likeable to me

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Can I please buy you a better avatar so that when you say poo poo like this I can at least be looking a picture that soothes me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Know Such Peace posted:

It was an odd connection. They got together around the same time that Tig got a life-threating stomach virus, her mom died unexpectedly from fall, and also found out that she had breast cancer. If I remember correctly, Stephanie had not been in a relationship with a woman before.

This is all 100% true and I’m happy for them :unsmith:

e: There is a documentary about it

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

EL BROMANCE posted:

Didn’t they stitcher app get a major ‘we know it’s really bad, sorry’ update recently? I don’t use it often enough to remember.

If it did, I haven't noticed. It's still very bad. I think this will be the time that I actually remember to update my phone to use the RSS feeds.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

RestingB1tchFace posted:

They are still doing the weekly show though? Double the Hayes and Sean is like a late christmas present.

Yes, regular HH will continue while Pro Version is its own thing. Per Chef Kevin on Reddit:

Hey everyone, Chef Kevin here. posted:

It will primarily be no guests. Mostly Sean and Hayes doing teaser freezers, listener call-ins and other fan-serving segments.

This is the best news.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Bring back Ehh.. Wrong!

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
OMG, teaser freezers are my favorite

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
what if they read comments from here again :aaa:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

what if they read comments from here again :aaa:

It would probably be painful.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know if this is news or not but on James Bonding Matt Gourley, in passing, mentioned being on an Andy Daly podcast. I think there recently was a hint of a second season of the ADPPP coming out.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

I don’t know if this is news or not but on James Bonding Matt Gourley, in passing, mentioned being on an Andy Daly podcast. I think there recently was a hint of a second season of the ADPPP coming out.

If by hint you mean that Andy Daly confirmed there's another season coming out, then yeah, I think it's safe to infer that.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

If by hint you mean that Andy Daly confirmed there's another season coming out, then yeah, I think it's safe to infer that.

Ha. I hadn’t heard that so never mind, I suppose.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Hopefully they do another of those "get a year of stitcher for £3 or something" before august.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Ape of Naples posted:

Ha. I hadn’t heard that so never mind, I suppose.

I think it was confirmed on Who Charted? And I think he said something on Twitter about it.