Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
The sickening grief triples every second.

e:

Quavers fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Lladre posted:

His explanation was hilarious. However 5 dollar charge is pretty minor considering WoW charges you 25USD to change races.
Star Citizen has the worst type of penny pinchers in it.

It's coming up on five years and I've never seen a worse poster than you in the thread. I'm not having a go or anything, I just want you to know that I've never before encountered anyone on the internet that I find so completely lacking in, well, anything really. So I'd be obliged if you'd consider that before attempting to engage me with your vapid options.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Lladre posted:

His explanation was hilarious. However 5 dollar charge is pretty minor considering WoW charges you 25USD to change races.
Star Citizen has the worst type of penny pinchers in it.

"This game charges $X, so that game charging only $Y is an absolute bargain and we should be thanking them!"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I bought a feather duster from amazon awhile back and now in my recommend section it is suggesting sexy maid costumes.

Carry on.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hav posted:

Isn't the 'backer' the company that got contracted to produce a bunch of models who happens to have a employee that backed the game?

It's what ever reassures them that CIG are good instead of absolute loving twats

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

I'll be damned, never noticed that before and I've seen it a hundred times. It really is the perfect encapsulation of "seeing something new every time you look at it."
I particularly enjoy the crossed belts of ammunition for weapons he doesn't have, and the grenades fastened to his coat by the pins.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

I bought a feather duster from amazon awhile back and now in my recommend section it is suggesting sexy maid costumes.

Carry on.

I didn't know you could buy a feather duster without a sexy maid costume.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Quavers posted:

Ortwin could have told you there are other costumes that work just as well when feather dusting.

UNCUT PHILISTINE
Jul 27, 2006

Now that the door explanation is circulated as fact, how long until we see "The lawsuit actually isn't a waste of money because the lawyer is a huge SC fan and is working pro bono"

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Sunswipe posted:

I particularly enjoy the crossed belts of ammunition for weapons he doesn't have, and the grenades fastened to his coat by the pins.

The one that confounds me is what is that thing next to the plastic katana on the floor.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colostomy Bag posted:

The one that confounds me is what is that thing next to the plastic katana on the floor.

His dignity

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Are there any released games that use Amazon's Lumberyard yet? Or early access titles?
All I can find is 4-5 titles; some for yet-to-be-decided platforms and all have a TBA date of release.

Yes, I know Star Citizen is not actually developed using the Lumberyard engine -- novertheless, Amazon still seems to hitch their wagon to Crobblers Star.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Quavers posted:

Amazon also suggests the electric ball press with your purchase.

Zteuer
Nov 8, 2009
What is the next date of interest in the lawsuit? Is there a possibility for criminal charges based upon information revealed in the civil lawsuit?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Colostomy Bag posted:

Amazon also suggests the electric ball press with your purchase.

drat right it does.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Hav posted:

Isn't the 'backer' the company that got contracted to produce a bunch of models who happens to have a employee that backed the game?

Those guys are in England, as far as I know (the guys who made the big benny's machine, the spacesuit locker, and the cargo crate) and it's never been hinted that they were the ones to do the door. In fact, the email from CS says nothing about it being donated by backers, so I'm not sure where they pulled that from.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Colostomy Bag posted:

Goddamn I wish you hadn't pointed that out. I thought it was some sort of VR headset converter but it has fans on the top?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjXyJstBPc

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

Those guys are in England, as far as I know (the guys who made the big benny's machine, the spacesuit locker, and the cargo crate) and it's never been hinted that they were the ones to do the door. In fact, the email from CS says nothing about it being donated by backers, so I'm not sure where they pulled that from.

The same place that hiding in cargo crates to steal ships and making a living as a space big game hunter comes from.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

so I'm not sure where they pulled that from.

really? that a guess

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

big nipples big life posted:

The same place that hiding in cargo crates to steal ships and making a living as a space big game hunter comes from.

***#~~dreams~~#***

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SoftNum posted:

Goddamn I wish you hadn't pointed that out. I thought it was some sort of VR headset converter but it has fans on the top?

It honestly looks to me like some kind of picture-viewer toy you might get in a zoo or aquarium gift shop.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

AP posted:

It's coming up on five years and I've never seen a worse poster than you in the thread. I'm not having a go or anything, I just want you to know that I've never before encountered anyone on the internet that I find so completely lacking in, well, anything really. So I'd be obliged if you'd consider that before attempting to engage me with your vapid options.

Feeling's mutual buddy.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean it was donated by backers.....

... just not in the sense that backers donated money for a sliding door.

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Beet Wagon posted:

To be fair, in the grand scheme of things the backers donated everything CIG has. They gave them money and got sweet gently caress all, but CIG has some useless airplane desks and a space door and that's progress apparently.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Lladre posted:

Feeling's mutual buddy.

Now kiss

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Thread title development peaked early January 2018. These are the lean times.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

:suspense:

drat, low effort.

Okay, how about that time that someone pitched Williams on a fairly horrific X-Rated Pinball?

Photocopied page of words, not a picture.

Hav fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 24, 2018

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Codezombie posted:

Everything he owns there is also fake.
Fake Crossbow, Fake Gun, Fake knives (I bet), Fake Sword, Fake Grenades, Fake Sex Life.

You forgot the fake video game.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

Thread title development peaked early January 2018. These are the lean times.
:yossame:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

It honestly looks to me like some kind of picture-viewer toy you might get in a zoo or aquarium gift shop.

Hmmm, places that are often visited by small children. Sounds about right.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Star Citizen: Even the thread title is a disappointment

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

AP posted:

Before I read who you were quoting I knew it would be someone who is :qq::qq:critical of Derek Smart.:qq::qq:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Before I read who you were quoting I knew it would be someone who is :qq::qq:critical of Derek Smart.:qq::qq:

gently caress AP you called it too soon.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

*rubbing intensifies*

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I’m not sure whether this will be interesting to anyone here but on the offchance it is, I had a Karma positive set of exchanges on Reddit recently. And it began with “I’m a Goon for those of you who like to downvote on sight.”

What was especially interesting to me is that an especially detailed and critical effort-post further down the chain yielded an outcome I did not expect, “drat, i don't even think i can construct a good counter argument to that. Very well said.”

I’m not sure what to make of it all beyond just being surprised, but it was nice to find openness to a more critical narrative of CIG history and Roberts priorities. Their own backer-funded media archives are the best witness for the prosecution against Roberts mismanagement and warped priorities.

“The court calls The Road to CitizenCon to the stands.”

Anyway I was glad there was some receptivity to a Skeptic’s narrative and that the Goon “shoot on sight” approach was maybe suspended in this case. FWIW.

ManofManyAliases posted:

Hi guys! I'm still here.

I’m glad your thread loyalty is still alive, MoMA.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Not a cult TM.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Late to their party, but I want to have a word with their DevOps engineers.

Windows automation isn't my thing, but in the perfect world you should be able to build any branches that devs have any time they make a push, and oh, IDK, run some automated tests against that.

15 builds a day is loving nothing in software development. Even if we assume that their testing rigs (lol as if they have testing rig) is fuckoff tiny.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Even if we assume that it takes ~30-40 minutes to do a full build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Also lol "replicates them globally" congratulations, you discovered the magic of a hosted teamcity/jenkins instance.