Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I googled their locations and waited by the Spring of Power on the mountain where Naydra was supposed to spawn/despawn for several days and he never came :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

I googled their locations and waited by the Spring of Power on the mountain where Naydra was supposed to spawn/despawn for several days and he never came :(

It flies along the Lanayru Promenade north of Kakariko most mornings.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I think you need to be some distance from the spawn point for them to appear (or it could just be Naydra in particular). Waiting above the eastern gate of the Lanayru Promenade is a sure way to have Naydra spawn.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I just want some scales to level up my *~*Fierce*~* Diety armor. Although I really like the Zora Chest/Greaves look with the FD mask. I just wish the Zora armor did something more useful for combat.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Kassad posted:

I think you need to be some distance from the spawn point for them to appear (or it could just be Naydra in particular). Waiting above the eastern gate of the Lanayru Promenade is a sure way to have Naydra spawn.

Farosh isn’t shy about spawning out of its pond right in front of you, for one.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Naydra's spawns weird for me. It'll show up multiple times a day when I'm wandering the area North of that mountain, but never shows up when I'm on the mountain itself. Best spot to farm Naydra's parts is near the memory spot, Lanayru something (promenade?) The arch there gives enough cover to keep campfires safe from rain, and Naydra's path goes right over it so it's easy to get whatever part you want.

I farm Dinraal's parts from the stable at the big canyon bridge on the road to the Rito area. Wait until morning at the stable's cooking pot then either run along the canyon or wait on the bridge to get your shot. Dinraal flies through the canyon and under the bridge so you can get glide up close for an easy shot

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Is farming fun though? It's clearly one of the last things I have to do (besides Koroks), but camping and waiting just doesn't seem particularly interesting. I've had more fun upgrading the armors that require random elements in nature that you have hunt out with your sensor and exploration, assuming you're not using a guide.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It’s not really fun after a few goes at it, but it’s useful. Thanks for the spawning Area tips, folks.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

It's still an impressive sight at least. Never fails to make me go "man, that's neat".

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

McDragon posted:

It's still an impressive sight at least. Never fails to make me go "man, that's neat".

Very true. Nothing like bending a corner or cresting a hill and seeing a dragon.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

I did the Naydra quest right as a Blood Moon was starting. That was sweet flying around using those gusts and shooting arrows at it with the Blood Moon in the background.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was thoroughly exploring the Faron jungle when Farosh popped his head out of one of the small lake I was walking around.

That was a real (and literal) shocker.

The first few times you discover just where the routes the dragons take go low to the ground is a real thrill.

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 23, 2018

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
First time I saw one I was walking across Hyrule Bridge. Sitting there taking in the sight when the rear end in a top hat hit me with a lighting ball and it tossed me off the bridge to my death.

:argh:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that several of the areas where they travel look like they've been worn out by the dragon's path; up in the Gerudo Highlands especially, that big snow valley. You can get really close there but it's such a pain to actually collect what you shot off because it likes to fall all the way down off the mountain :argh:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I just beat the middle trials on master mode. Feels good man, although there was nothing quite as soulcrushing as beginning trials floor 10 to overcome. Still took a drat long time, I kept dying to really stupid poo poo in the dark floors, or getting nicked by the bomb arrow guys (which is ohko with my HP). Once I got past the gimmick floors the sailing was relatively smooth.

Tomorrow, the final trials. I hear they involve lynels and guardians a lot. Oh boy.

E: also i like how the last floor was actually the easiest because lmao I've done like 30 major tests of strength by now how could just another one of those pose a challenge anymore

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jan 23, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Amppelix posted:

I just beat the middle trials on master mode. Feels good man, although there was nothing quite as soulcrushing as beginning trials floor 10 to overcome. Still took a drat long time, I kept dying to really stupid poo poo in the dark floors, or getting nicked by the bomb arrow guys (which is ohko with my HP). Once I got past the gimmick floors the sailing was relatively smooth.

Tomorrow, the final trials. I hear they involve lynels and guardians a lot. Oh boy.

The beginner trials (specifically floor 10) is by far the hardest part. The final trails are actually pretty easy. Just make sure you have your sensor tuned to locate chests, and you'll have enough ancient arrows to not have to worry about the Lynels or Guardians.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Hi this is my Breath of the Wild story

I restarted the game after letting my original unfinished though late-game save file sit around for a solid six months, so I've been making my way through the early game, having fun rekindling my skills from my first go. I go to do Vah Rutah and get the quest to get some shock arrows. I make sure to pick up the companion sidequest to get a picture of the Lynel.

I make my way up the mountain, I sneak around and grab all the shock arrows I'll need... and the Lynel spots me. I decide, y'know what, I used to chew Lynels up, I got nothing to be afraid of. I broke literally all of my shields and weapons except for one, but I loving got him. With three hearts, two stamina upgrades, and a bunch of middling-to-poo poo weapons, I conquered the red Lynel. I trumphantly flew back to Zora's Domain to resupply, and realized once I landed back in the city...

... I had forgotten to take a photo. :negative:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Coughing Hobo posted:

Buy one?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

you have to take a picture of that specific one for the quest iirc

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
You don't--I went to the coliseum and took a picture of that one and it worked.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

what the gently caress is this Colosseum you keep talking about

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Stairmaster posted:

what the gently caress is this Colosseum you keep talking about

It's a giant round building to the SW of Hyrule castle

vvvv also that

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 23, 2018

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Maker Of Shoes posted:

It's a giant round building to the SW of Hyrule castle

Its right to the north of the Plateau the tutorial is at

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Coughing Hobo posted:

You don't--I went to the coliseum and took a picture of that one and it worked.

I wonder what happens if you wait until Silver Lynels start appearing and give her a picture of one of those for the quest.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I was pretty sure I had a random one on my camera and tried to complete the quest and it wouldn't count it, but maybe as long as they're the same color it's fine I dunno

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I must be hundreds of hours in to this game and I think I may have finally explored the entire map. Did you know if you keep going after beating the Yiga hideout (most people, myself included, just warp back to Gerudo Village), the path takes you up into the mountains and you can walk around on the "roof" of the hideout?

The hero's path is pretty good for telling you where you've been. But because it's not really 3D there can be an area right next to where you've explored, except like 1000 vertical feet apart, and you've never gone there before.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lets Pickle posted:

I must be hundreds of hours in to this game and I think I may have finally explored the entire map. Did you know if you keep going after beating the Yiga hideout (most people, myself included, just warp back to Gerudo Village), the path takes you up into the mountains and you can walk around on the "roof" of the hideout?

The hero's path is pretty good for telling you where you've been. But because it's not really 3D there can be an area right next to where you've explored, except like 1000 vertical feet apart, and you've never gone there before.

I did know because I tried going in that way but it wouldn't let me do anything.

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Runcible Cat posted:

Farosh isn’t shy about spawning out of its pond right in front of you, for one.

I tested this with the other dragons and I'm pretty sure it's true. I think Farosh is the odd one out in that he can spawn right there even if you're already there. It could be dependent on the spawn points as well since they can spawn in different locations too.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
parrying guardians is easy as hell and I'm terrible at games, none of you should have a problem

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

parrying guardians is easy as hell and I'm terrible at games, none of you should have a problem

sometimes the timing can get tricky, especially if they're up close, but it's not as hard as it seems. grab a buncha lovely shields and practice, people!

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Guardians aren't too bad, though Lynels still eat me for lunch. And the flying Guardians can gently caress right off.

Also I never have figured out a good strategy for dudes with spears, other than get out of the way...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

yeah I just press the parry button as soon as the laser's "BINK" sound happens.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
imo parrying the flying guys is more trouble than it's worth with how they move around so I usually just blast those guys with bomb/ancient arrows to save myself the trouble

I was feeling pretty proud to have finally gotten the hang of doing the bullet time arrow thing when the lynel bucks you off; those extra hits make the fights go way faster.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
I just avoided guardians until I had ancient arrows...

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Coughing Hobo posted:

it respawns next bloodmoon. just have to make the trek back over there

dragon farming spots that i used:

fire dragon: the gorge, bit north east of maag norah shrine, wait for night

ice dragon: lanayru promenade, warp to dow na'eh and climb up to the ridge, wait for morning / lanayru bay, south part of the coast

electric dragon: atop the bridge of lake hylia

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Dragons are neat. I found out the other day that if you shoot Farosh near the cliffs in the jungle, he'll clip through the ground as he does an about-face and ascends to the heavens; except the game doesn't treat it like clipping, but instead throws up particle effects of dust and rock flying everywhere and shakes the screen so it looks like he's just smashing through solid rock like it's not even there. There's even some nice, crunchy sound effects. :black101:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I've tried the final trials a couple of times now but god dammit it's so long that I have to stop playing after every loss to avoid being extremely tilted on my next attempt. It really is mostly an endurance contest at this point, I know how to handle all the enemies in theory but almost everything kills me in one hit with my 13 hearts and I'm bound to make a few mistakes along the way. I just have to hope to make non-fatal ones.

Also the golden enemies are no joke. A single hit will kill once again and you have to engage them for long-rear end periods of time to whittle down that HP. I lost this run to a golden moblin singlehandedly deducting all my fairies from me.

Fortis
Oct 21, 2009

feelin' fine

Amppelix posted:

I've tried the final trials a couple of times now but god dammit it's so long that I have to stop playing after every loss to avoid being extremely tilted on my next attempt. It really is mostly an endurance contest at this point, I know how to handle all the enemies in theory but almost everything kills me in one hit with my 13 hearts and I'm bound to make a few mistakes along the way. I just have to hope to make non-fatal ones.

Also the golden enemies are no joke. A single hit will kill once again and you have to engage them for long-rear end periods of time to whittle down that HP. I lost this run to a golden moblin singlehandedly deducting all my fairies from me.

You've got your sensor attuned to treasure chests, right? Don't be shy about using the ancient arrows; IIRC there are 5 or 6 enemies you absolutely want to be using them on and you can find I think 9 in total, leaving the remainder to be used for applying the gently caress it adjustment to golden enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Amppelix posted:

Try a downing a 30 minute defense buff before you go in. Does wonders for avoiding taking tons of damage from minor mistakes.

With golden enemies, there's a few tricks I like to use to make whittling them down easier and prevent their regeneration. Basically, freeze or kill every other enemy so you're engaging the golden boy alone (I'm pretty sure there's at most one golden enemy per room in the trials). Then, wait for them to attack and dodge so you trigger a flurry rush. Do all but the final hit of the flurry rush so you don't knock them away. When time speeds back up, you'll be right in front of them and they'll usually attack again, letting you trigger another flurry rush. This works great for moblins and bokoblins, not so much for lizalfos, which will jump away from you, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any golden lizalfos in the trials.

If you have a two-handed weapon, spin2win will stun lock bokoblins and lizalfos. Smack them with a flame or shock weapon to stun them long enough to start spinning.

Don't be afraid to use your lightning sword to shock the weapon out of their hands. They still do a lot of damage unarmed, but this will take them out of one-hit kill territory at least.

Finally, you should have a great frostblade and a thunder blade from the Stalnox. Use the frost blade to freeze them, hit them with your thunder sword while they're frozen for a bunch of bonus damage, then freeze them again. Since golden enemies unfreeze quickly, you'll probably need to jump cancel the great sword swing to hit them with your thunder blade in time, but if you do it right, they're stuck in a loop and dead fairly quickly.