Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 0 luxe

Ah, meeting the natives already. Scramble sends out a soothing pulse of psychic energy. She has been practicing this and can emit a very pleasant psychic hum. Mutants seem particularly pleased by it. She still held their genetic irresponsibility in contempt but couldn't deny that it was better to make friends than eat a face full of bullets.

Her voice rings in their heads, "Join me for glory!"

Minionify: 1d4 1

What follows is a lengthy contract negotiation and eventual refusal. The sticking point hinges on the dental plan. Did they expect her to pull a licensed dentist out of her suit pocket? They're on a frozen battlefield on a tiny moon in the outer system for shell's sake. Scramble resolves to find some dumber mutants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

Landing gracefully from her last leap, Lucinda straightens to her full height when confronted by the mysterious figure. She looks closely at him, triggering the nano-cloud sealed invisi-vironment (stay got to bend the incoming light, giving her a better view.

"Oh. My. Gaaaaawd! You're Bobby-Jack-Johnstone! The Bobby-Jack-Johnstone! You were so good last season! Soloing a zodiac? W.O.W. Lucinda VIII Keel-Thoristew, lovely to meet you.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

"Look, I know how you locals feel about nice warm fluids, and man should always help out a fellow scavenger in need. Can I get something in trade though? A Wrecker isn't goin to arm himself...

Give up one movement next turn

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Frau Freiheit

[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quad Legs]

Frau took one look at the robotic enemies assembled in front of her, another look at the dinky little pistol she was carrying and pushed the button on her Squid Pack to get her out of there.

Action: Retreat to 13.06 using the Squid Pack

While the jet of ink was propelling her away, Frau took the time to update her Wishlist, in case any sponsor felt generous:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Jan 24, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing]

Huh.

It occurred to Bobby-Jack that he hadn't actually met another wrecker during his time on the Bottom. A new experience, for sure. He nodded slowly, hesitantly at her praise.

"Hello to you too, frien- Wait", he hollered, voice wary, clutching his rifle, "You are Lucinda, yes? Lucinda III Keel-Thoristew?? How does a noble fall this far, or is this some weird noble trickery, like an artisanal remote controlled flesh-bot? Uhh, well, thank you for those bombs you sent me on the Bottom. Was very nice of you, yes."

Bobby-Jack shook his head.

"Nevertheless, we seem to have come across some treasure, yes? So there are a couple of options I can see. We can either take them to the Crucible together and split the earnings, throw dice on who gets what, or throw bullets to see who gets what."

"I would prefer one of the first two options, but what will you prefer, friend?"

Wishlist: SEND ME THOSE MUTAGENS AND AUTODOCS EXPERIMENTAL OR NORMAL AURGHHH

Theantero fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jan 24, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

"Please, call me Lucinda, Lucinda III is my clone-sister, who, by the way, will be soooo jealous that I got to be intimidated by Bobby-Jack, she has such a crush on you. That's right III! Everyone knows! I don't have any bullets anyway.

Oh, no flesh-bot, just gambling debts. Came to an arrangement with the lovely people at Rook, they were just darlings, so I'm down here, getting air time, wrecking!" Leaning in conspiratorially, she whispers "If I do well, maybe Lucinda prime might even choose me as this cycles new Lucinda! How great would that be! Knock IX of her high horse!"

"Anyway, splitting at the luxe crucible sounds amazing, if you want traveling companions. Last time you were all lone wolf (rar!), Are you happy to have company?"

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing]

Bobby-Jack nodded, carefully.

"Right", he said, pretending to understand the decadent and alien familial structures of the nobles, "Right. We'll split the winnings, and I do not mind company per se..." he gave Lucinda an appraising glance from behind his goggles, "But uh, be aware I won't be sacrificing myself for your sake so if something really bad happens I'll likely ditch you, yeah?"

"As long as you are aware of that we should get along fine."

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

[KONDO / HP4 / MOVE1 / 0 LUXE / ACIDIC SPEW / LUMINOUS EXCRETION]

Kondo had never met a mutant before - had never met anyone before - but his instinctual response was one of fear and revulsion. He was outnumbered, too, an inconvenient situation. So instead of dealing with it head on, he dove into the toxic stream nearby. His thick, shaggy fur sizzled, but his coat was slick with oils that should shield him from the worst of it. Certainly better than the alternative! He held his breath and ducked below.

Retreat! - Head to 06.09

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

-- Incoming Message from Virtual Domain Partners P.C.C. ---

In a partnership with the Academy of Titan, Virtual Domain Partners (hereafter Virtual Domain or VDP) is gathering useful information from the Rime region. The Academy and VDP have made available bounties for particular recoveries and discoveries.

For each Research Facility in the region, the Academy of Titan is seeking the [research archives]. Apparently Kronos-PetroSol (KPS) left their servers behind for various reasons known only to them despite working for the Academy, and instead of wasting many cycles on legal action before discovering whether the archives have even survived, they are exercising their plenary authority through VDP, and we through Wrecking Crew, to retrieve the data therein. Neither the original substrate nor exclusivity are necessary; the data is destined for Titanic purposes and is self-authenticating. Feel free to delegate the hardware to a corporation with more ... material concerns as you like; VDP understands the value of the side hustle. VDP will pay for each archive, and a bonus for retrieving the entire research knowledge of Rime, distributed among the Wreckers retrieving this data by share of product.

For the Spacecraft Wreck, the Academy is interested in the [telemetry database], and VDP in the [crew archive], under the same provisions. Titan Transport Safety (TTS) has an open case on the pinnace and its 'black box' would resolve many outstanding questions involving its fate and the fate of others of its model, and outstanding concerns regarding KPS. The crew archive is of value to VDP directly for both historical and omnisense projects. The telemetry database must be the original, exclusive, and complete; necessary stipulations from TTS.

Virtual Domain is also seeking the [community archive] from the Scavenger Camp. We will only accept a copy and not the original; we at VDP have no interest in making enemies at this time. While this may require tact and diplomacy, we at VDP are confident in our contractors' versatility.

Finally, Virtual Domain is interested in the [transceiver log] from the Scan Tower.

Expect other bounties to become available as the environment evolves.

Live and wreck;
2 Jordan 2 Salgado-Said 5
Chief Deputy Undersecretary of Solar Decree Affairs
Liaison for Wrecking Crew
Virtual Domain Partners P.C.C.

--- Message Ends ---

unflavored challenges posted:

Virtual Domain

1. Retrieve Research Database from each Research Facility.
    a. Each database counts as an [item] until delivery.
    b. Bonus for all databases, split by who brought what.

2. Retrieve Telemetry Database from Spacecraft Wreck.
    a. Counts as an [item] until delivery.

3. Retrieve Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.

4. Retrieve Community Archive from Scavenger Camp.
    a. Do not anger the Scavenger Camp.

5. Retrieve Transceiver Log from Scan Tower.

All deliveries taken at Luxe Crucible or after exfiltration.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 24, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:5 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He looked up, and up, at the Hirsute Horror towering over him, then looked sidelong at the nearest camera bot.

"Well, folks, we all know how this goes, yes? Wrecker with squidpack stumbles across a horror, Wrecker with squidpack makes like a smelly, inky coward and high-tails it out of shot, denying you the bloodssacre you tuned in to enjoy."

He unslung the shotgun, working the pump action with reassuringly heavy metallic sound.

"Good thing I like to put on a show. Sponsors, if you like it, send some healthcare. Everyone else, buckle in. Hey, ugly! Eat this!"

Attack the horror with the shotgun!: 1d10 3

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"They were delayed?"
"Myessir"
"Delayed?"
"Ah, uh, I want to say 'misplaced' but I feel that's too strong a word."

Pertinax' Director of Sponsorship Affairs, Aethelred Konstantin Von Schussmann XIV, whose name remains a prayer amongst the ammoless, exhaled a slow sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment. It's a good thing my operations lounge has the fungobacterial colony carpeting, he thought. No stains. No messy bits. His left arm popped open and his wrist jerked downward out of the way of the large barrel that made up the bulk of the interior of his forearm. There was a deafening, thunderous roar. A pair of legs and the lower half of a torso stood there for a few moments, steam rising as several feet of intestine spilled out onto the muted indigo shagpile before falling over entirely.

"SWAB? SWAB! GET IN HERE!"

Wordlessly and with great grovelling, the tankspawned menial rushed over with a wetnap. Meanwhile, Aethelred digi-signed the necessary forms to send a mutagen along with the Pertinax Field Tester's welcome package along with a sincerely worded (not autoformed! How unusual.) letter of belated welcome to Bobby-Jack.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 24, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Midge attacks Hirsute Horror! Midge misses!

Hirsute Horror attacks Midge! Midge takes 2 damage!

2. "Grumps" McGee
Icy Manipulator taps "Grumps" McGee! Grumps loses 1 Move next Round! Grumps gains +1 to Scavenger reaction!

Wise choice, Stranger. I'll mention your name in the camps.

3. Cryo
Mutant Warlord attacks Cryo! Cryo takes 1 damage (reduced from 3)!
Mutant Soldier 1 Suppresses Cryo! Cryo's attacks are downscaled!
Mutant Soldier 2 misses Cryo!

Retreats to 06.08!
Stev discovered!

4. Stev Ansahok
Retreats to 06.08!
Cryo discovered!

5. Kondo
Attempts to retreat!
Mutant Elite attacks Kondo! Kondo takes 2 damage!
Kondo, taking a heavy hit from a broken weather aerial courtesy of the big mutant, and taking a nasty spill!
Kondo's not sticking around for another one of those, Hazel! He breaks for that busted-rear end ice, but those snout jobs are on him like gene-hounds on an unlicensed dodo culture! Sweet Muscle Jesus, he's down, and they're rooting around in his skull for spicy head-meat!

Mutant Stalker 1 attacks Kondo! Kondo takes 2 damage and DIES!

It's all over but the brain eating...And Rook is 0 for 2 this season.
Gotta adjust that spice blend on the next batch!

:siren: 5 Luxe is uploaded to the accounts of surviving Wreckers! :siren:
:siren: A death beacon is lit at 07.09! :siren:

6. Scramble
Scramble uses Vox Mutandis! It has no effect!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Bobby-Jack and Lucinda team up...For now!

Exclusive posted:

Bobby-Jack Johnson has entered an Exclusive Sponsorship deal with Pertinax AmmoFab!
1. Bobby-Jack may not have their Luxe spent by anyone other than Pertinax!
2. Bobby-Jack's Device is granted functionality to upload Luxe anywhere with an Action!
3. Pertinax's stipend is increased to 10 on rounds when Bobby-Jack earns awards or bounties!

Sponsor posted:

Pertinax AmmoFab spends 45 Luxe on behalf of Bobby-Jack Johnson for Drone Delivery of an Unstable Mutagen! It will arrive on Sponsor Phase.

8. Lucinda
Lucinda and Bobby-Jack team up...For now!

9. Frau Freiheit
Retreats to 13.06!
Scavenger Camp is NEUTRAL!

10. Kal Risso
(Skirmisher) Moves to 14.05.

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3: Kill 3 targets with Rampage.
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon.
5: Retrieve the guidance computer from the Spaceship Wreck.

Hideous Dynamics
1. Salvage as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible.
2. Salvage an Experimental Sample from a Research Facility.
3. Salvage Advanced Electronics from Scavenger Camp or Spacecraft Wreck.

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Draw First Blood.
2. Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma.
3. Explore both Cryovolcanoes.
4. Be first to attack Kal Risso.

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Salvage Research Database from each Research Facility.
+Transmat/Exfiltrate all 3 parts.

2. Salvage and Transmat/Exfiltrate Telemetry Database from Spacecraft Wreck.

3. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.

+Do not anger the Scavenger Camp.

5. Salvage Transceiver Log from Scan Tower.

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 25, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

Well, nothing for it now but pick over these mountain scraps. Maybe the Manipulator dropped some poo poo...

Salvage

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 0 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev shook himself off, chipping ice off of his thermosuit. That had been pretty unpleasant, but it sounded like he wasn't the worst off. It was hard to imagine dying that quickly out of the Drop Pod, even though he knew just how possible it was. No point thinking about it too hard--luck had gotten him through the Moon Wars, it would pull him through here. Although... that didn't mean he couldn't improve his odds by scoping things out a little first. It would've been nice to have Midge or Cryo around to help with this bit, but he could at least see far enough to scope out any thin ice between him and the base of the volcano.

Scan!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

As our fellow sponsors reminded us, there is valuable knowledge to be gleaned even from the steaming ruin of a newly-dead wrecker.

New Pertinax Challenges:
1: Retrieve the nosedick smegma valuable mutagenic material from the consumption site on Kondo's skull.
2: Retrieve Kondo's skull.
3: Harvest 4 nosedicks glabrous probosci.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP:4 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 000 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA]

After putting some distance between herself and the mutie pack, Cryo stopped to catch her breath. The telltale blast of the WreckerHorn heralded the shimmering hologram of Kondo's looped death screen over the battlefield. A death already? RIME was proving to be very dangerous indeed.

A quick check of the thermosuit revealed that the seals were still intact, thank gods, but that boulder had still hurt. Well, at least the horrifying mass of scabs and chitin that roughly approximated her skin these days served as surprisingly decent impact armor - Cryo was sure her former self would have been squashed flat instead of lightly bruised. And although she was still alive, she might not get so lucky next time - it sure would have been nice to have Midge and Stev around, but just about any crew would do in this ice-blasted hellscape. She knelt down behind a convenient snowbank and charged her spinal antenna...

Scan

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jan 25, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Jetting into the Scavenger Camp, Frau recalled that there had been a sponsor challenge regarding them. Pulling up her terminal she looked at it again:

quote:

Hoping to earn that bounty, Frau headed to what she thought would be the dwelling of the community leader, to get access to their community archive and create the desired copy.
Negotiate access to Community Archive: 1d6 2

Wishlist:
Highest priority is a proper weapon, otherwise cyber upgrades are always welcome

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Well that could have gone better. Still, the first blood spilt was his own, and he made sure to scribble a quick graffito with it of the sponsor logo of those who had expressed an interest in it. Perhaps a bit of a stretch, but hard to argue that it was anything but a 'Draw'. For added value, he made a meta-sketch of the blood spatter itself, even getting a bit recursive.

Meanwhile, he fired up his recently improved antenna implant, to get a better scope of the lay of the land.

Scan!

Wishlist: MEDIC!

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 25, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 7 luxe

Scramble consoles herself over the missed henchman potential by looting.

Salvage: 3d6 12 Except not really. 7 luxe recovered.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jan 25, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 6/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 000 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Kal Risso basked in the ruddy glow of his cyrosuit's inner heating vanes. It was strange to be working up a sweat in this kind of frigid environment, but that's what happens when you exert yourself in state-of-the-art thermalwear.

On his way up the mountains, he kept an eye out for anything that didn't quite belong in this icy environment. It was good to stay alert for anything in these barren wastes, after all. You never know what you might find...

Salvage Roll: 1d6 5

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Quote is not edit.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 0 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev had just begun his scan of the area when his wrist unit returned a result from its bio-scan--there was someone... right behind him! Oh, poo poo! He spun, hammer at the ready, and... oh hey, it was Cryo!

"Cryo! Hey! Great to see you! Geez, talk about luck, I figured we'd have wound up scattered across the map, and with people already dying, well, made me worry I wouldn't see you guys again. Ready to kick some rear end? Oh, hey, tell you what, I'll see what I can find around here if you can finish the scan, you're better at it than I am, anyways."

Switching from Scan to Salvage, splitting the result between me and Cryo, favoring Cryo

Wishlist:
Autodoc, Medkit

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jan 25, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Hey, Scramble...
Flexible Snout gives 2d6 Luxe instead of 1d6, not in addition to. I went ahead and lopped off the third die this time, but just FYI!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 4 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]
Items - Supply beacon

"Oh that's fine, heroic self sacrifice is soooo season 2"

Scavenge: 2d6 7

Lucinda roots around gingerly, near where the valuables are sitting to uncover some valuable compounds encased in ice.

"Theres a little more here" - offering 3 of the salvaged Luxe to Bobby-Jack. "Any preference in which one you want to carry?

Lucinda picks up the remaining object.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 25, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 3 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing]

While Lucinda was looting with her gross little nose-thing, Bobby-Jack kept inspecting and prodding the area around them for weak spots in the ice. Wouldn't want to drop into the hydrocarbons below a second time, after all.

Bobby-Jack pocketed the loot he was given (fancy looking microchips from some electronic device?), and spoke warily, "I'll take the isotope. My enhancements can take the hit if it breaks unlike you, but in return I get a bigger prize if we get separated."

LUCINDA can see peek this action:
Scan

Theantero fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jan 25, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch

Challanges posted:

10 Luxe is added to Midge Gureyevitch's account for completion of the First Blood Challenge.
5 Luxe is added to Pertinax AmmoFab's account.

Scanning...

02.08: Meth-Maw (inactive)!
03.08: Wrecker Grumps! Icy Manipulator!
03.09: Rare Isotopes (inactive)! Mutant Manhunter (inactive)! Mutant Soldier (2, inactive)!
02.10: Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
01.09: Titanian Autofalconer (inactive)!
01.08: Beta Gunman (inactive)!, Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)!
02.07: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)! Rare Isotopes (inactive)! Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
03.07: Product Placement (inactive)! Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
04.08: Deranged Aeropath (inactive)!
04.09: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)! Mutant Ambush! Mutant Warlord! Mutant Soldiers (2)!
04.10: Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
03.10: Rare Isotopes (inactive)! Rig Ambush! Beta Crawler (inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
01.10: Mutant Manhunter (inactive)! Mutant Soldier (2, inactive)!
00.10: Rare Isotopes (inactive)! Relic Clue (inactive)!
00.09: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)! Lung Bandit (inactive)!
00.08: Beta Crawler (inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
01.07: "Time Traveler" (inactive)!
02.06: Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)!
03.06: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)! Mutant Ambush! Mutant Manhunter (inactive)! Mutant Soldier (2, inactive)!
04.07: Mutant Elite (inactive)! Mutant Stalker (2, inactive)!
05.07: Rare Isotopes (inactive)! Hirsute Horror!
05.08: Mutant Warlord! Mutant Soldiers (2)!
05.09: Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)! Mutant Ambush! Mutant Manhunter (inactive)! Mutant Soldier (2, inactive)!
05.10: Relic Clue (inactive)! Mutant Elite (inactive)! Mutant Stalker (2, inactive)!
00.07: Relic Key (inactive)! Mutant Soldiers (4, inactive)!
01.06: Meth-Maw (inactive)!

Scan complete.

2. "Grumps" McGee
Salvages for 1 Luxe!

3. Cryo
2 Luxe received from Stev!

Scanning...
██████████████████████████████
Toxic Zone detected at 06.09!██████████████
Mutant Warlord detected at 05.08!███████████
Mutant Soldiers (2) detected at 05.08!█████████
Death Beacon (Kondo) detected at 07.09!███████
Mutant Elite detected at 07.09!█████████████
Mutant Stalker (2) detected at 07.09!█████████

Scan complete.

4. Stev Ansahok
Salvages for 4 Luxe! 2 Luxe transferred to Cryo.

6. Scramble
Salvages for 7 Luxe!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
3 Luxe received from Lucinda!

Scanning...
12.10: Toxic Zone!████████████████████

Scan complete.

8. Lucinda
Salvages for 7 Luxe! 3 Luxe transferred to Bobby-Jack.

9. Frau Freiheit
Frau Freiheit negotiates for Community Archive...Negotiations fail!
Last thing we need is Decree SEO up in our damned toilets. Eh...help out around the place a little, and maybe we can talk again.

10. Kal Risso
Salvages for 5 Luxe!

Acid Rain posted:

:siren: Decree Aeropaths report incoming stormfront presents high risk of hydrofluoric acid production! :siren:
Any Wrecker caught outside of shelter (black map icon) will suffer 1 toxic damage during next Hazard phase! This may be avoided by spending Action Phase digging in.

Quite a first round, Rev.
It's no Season 4 Podmageddon, but you can tell that brutal-rear end Round 1 elimination has shaken some of our murder-friendos to their lacquered bone analogues.
No doubt. Rime is taking no prisoners.

Drone Delivery! posted:

Cryo receives Experimental Metamorphosis Engine!
Bobby-Jack Johnson receives Unstable Mutagen!

Sponsors posted:

The following Sponsors gain 5 Luxe for participation.
Kalpernicus Risso
Hideous Dynamics
Virtual Domain Partners

The following Sponsor gains 10 Luxe for participation.
Pertinax Ammofab

Current Sponsor account standings are as follows:
Vesuvius Space BBQ 10
Pertinax Ammofab 15
RookEngOrg 5
Dr. Yith's Cyberdriver 5
Delphi Pharma 5
Consortium BEADZ 5
Kalpernicus Risso 32
Hideous Dynamics 5
Virtual Domain Partners 5

Thank you.

Accounts posted:

Wrecker account standings are as follows:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 85
2. "Grumps" McGee 5
3. Cryo 81
4. Stev Ansahok114
6. Scramble 25
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 92
8. Lucinda 5
9. Frau Freiheit 5
10. Kal Risso 5

Pertinax
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon (each as separate challenge).
5: Salvage Guidance Computer from the Spaceship Wreck.
6. Salvage Biological Sample from downed Wrecker Kondo.
7. Salvage Aberrant Skull from downed Wrecker Kondo.
8. Claim trophies from 4 Mutant Stalkers.

Hideous Dynamics

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Draw First Blood.
2. Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma.
3. Explore both Cryovolcanoes.
4. Be first to attack Kal Risso.

Virtual Domain Partners

Sponsors-Only Map

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev gave a low whistle as he checked the forecast. Acid rain. Hadn't seen that as a naturally-occurring thing before. And it was looking like he was going to get to see it close up and personal, too. Still, it wasn't all bad news--he could see a supply drone coming in on an interception path, probably with his autodoc and--wait, no, that was for Cryo. And that was the only drone in sight, too. Dammit, sponsors, you were supposed to like spending money! He watched as Cryo pulled... something out of the package. Some kind of mod, that was for sure, but... what the hell was it?

"Are you sure sticking that thing in yourself's a good idea? I mean, your call and all, and it's not like I'm a stranger to mods, but, uh... can't say I like the looks of that. Anyways, I checked the map, and it doesn't look like we're going to be able to reach cover before the storm hits--I think we head into the mountains and dig in for a little bit. Sound good?"

Stev barely waited for the response before heading out over the ice. They didn't have much time to spare here.

Moving 6.08->6.07->6.06

Wishlist (PLEASE): Autodoc, Medkit

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 26, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 6/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 005 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Riding the high of having reached his first Rime summit, Kal Risso took in the views of this hazy, frostbitten wasteland. Saturn rose overhead, its rings no longer blocking the dim orb of the sun. In the light, Kal spotted a pass in the distance through the mountains that would take him deeper within the mountain range to a very special landing site. Several sponsors already had mentioned wanting advanced electronics of a very special kind. Finding that kind of rare scrap was Kal Risso's specialty. He crested the pass and took a look downhill. There it was. A real beauty - a real shame. Kal Risso rubbed his gloved hands together in anticipation.

Let's see what we're dealing with here before getting too excited...

Kal Risso dashed downhill to the chemical lake where the shiny metal craft lay partially submerged in the ice, waiting for his gentle ransacking touch. If he was fast enough, the ambient hazards of this place wouldn't get a chance to scour his flesh with their chemical toxicity.

14.05 -> 14.04

Let's just hope there's nothing there waiting for him!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 32]

From his private quarters' restricted console, Kalpernicus was busy reviewing his updated sponsor entries:
  • Draw first blood: 5 Luxe
  • Draw first non-Wrecker blood: 5 Luxe
  • Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma: 5 Luxe
  • Explore both Cryovolcanoes: 10 Luxe
  • Be first to attack Kal Risso: 5* Luxe
  • Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 0* Luxe
  • Unallocated funds: 7 Luxe
*bounties may increase as funds become available.

Not much had changed other than PAFS dipping into the accounts. Oh, and a wrecker had written Kalpernicus' name in their own blood on the icy Rime wall. How utterly barbaric quaint! Ah, "Midge," it was... Kalpernicus moved his console array's pointer, hovering over the "send item" glyph for the wounded Wrecker, but the button was greyed out with an X over it. Shame - Kalpernicus was unable to help anyone down on Rime directly! On the plus side, Kalpernicus had noticed that he'd made a small sponsor stipend of five Luxe today just for publicly declaring his breakfast at the pleasure yacht's restaurant to be "good" when the waitress asked him how it was!

Being a sponsor was going to be cakewalk, Kalpernicus realized. For the first time in a while, he allowed himself to wonder if there would be cake served at the replicator buffet tonight.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Frau noticed the incoming acid storm warning on her HUD and decided it'd be a good idea to hunker down in the scavenger camp for the next turn. After warning the scavengers (though they probably already knew, living with this weather 28/8) she decided to get her hands dirty and help out with some manual labour around the camp.
Sacrifice move to help out around the camp

Wishlist:

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

He knew what was up ahead, and he knew what was incoming: Only place he could get shelter from the storm was the place most tricky to get through, risking all kinds of horrible fates along the way. He could keep out of the way of most hazards as he went, but it was a little further than he could manage on his own. Then again, had anyone used a Squidpack to deliberately go further into danger? If this paid off, it could be magnificent. Onwards, through the worst of the unforgiving terrain.

Up to 02:07

Wishlist: I've got some big, stylish plans in the offing. I'm gunning for the ruins up in 02:06, looking to leapfrog the Gamma Crawlers and Enforcers in 02:07 by squidpacking the rest of the way into cover in the ruins. I'm hoping to provoke them as I go, to tempt them to go after me. Then I'm looking to set up an ambush,
and take down not only them but the Gamma Crawlers and Enforcers in 02:06 as well, in a welter of brutal stealth kill shotgun rampage mayhem. I'm likely to still need a bit of healing, but that's secondary right now. What I really need, what would tie this whole plan together, is getting a shotgun-tooled Coffin Nail, so I can double down on my Ambush multiplier and Rampage my way through the entire hex. Or miss, and get blown apart by too many rigs, but hey, that's still ratings gold. I will loudly and proudly shill for whomsoever makes this dream possible, so what do you say? Want to spare a coffin Nail for a multi-multiplied rigsplosionstravaganza, looking to get all eight potential targets at once next turn?

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 3 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing]

"No thin ice, at least in immediate vicinity", Bobby-Jack notified Lucinda, "But you never know what we'll come across further on. We don't quite have all the data I'd like for safe movements, but I'd like to keep our pace up."

Bobby-Jack knelt and drew a crude map on the snow, with a couple arrows going across it, "This is how I suggest we move..."

Sharing SCAN data and this spoilered text with LUCINDA
Move to Hex 10.07 via 11.08 and 10.08

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 1 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

Time to head north, it seemed. The storm was an annoyance but Grumps could always just dig himself a snowcave, right?

move to 03.07

WishlistDor sny sponsors wanting to balance the fiel a bit, experimental cyber or some deployable cover would be nice

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 26, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 4 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]
Items - Supply beacon

That's like, just what I had in mind.

Like, no sense in hanging around? You know Dana VI , before she was purged to make way for Dana XI becoming prime, she was like all "let's play it safe, keep off planet" but like, how does she think primes get recognised? XI was all "let's go" and look where she is. And yeah, my sister-clone-I got caught up in that scandal and everything but there's risk no matter what, you know? So yeah, Dana VI was all like "you abandoned me in space" which is so unfair, right? If she didn't want to be sealed in an escape pod she couldn't just came with us, and...

Below shared with Bobby-Jack
Move as suggested, continue talking incessantly.

Oh right, a wishlist?

VIII, put my stuff back. I'm serious, if I find out you've been going through my things I'm gonna be so mad!

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 26, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 7 luxe

Scramble's fanciful sniffer twitches as she's hunting baubles in the snow. It picking up acrid hints in the air. Moments later the aeropath warning dings on her wristcomp. Such lovely weather. She shouts a warning at the mutants only to find them already disappearing in a shower of ice chips as they dig in. Natives indeed.

Well time to go. Scramble's eyes lock on the most visible structure available to her.

09.07 > 09.06 > 08.06 > 08.05 > 07.04 I'd prefer not to stop for any neutral mutants given the time pressures at the moment.
I'll acquire help when it's less likely to melt.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP:4 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA]

Oh. Stev was.... right here? Well, that kinda messed with Cryo's planned story arc but she was grateful nonetheless. She was distracted though, as they trudged across the ice together. The collar... she just couldn't stop hearing those damned w̮̻͈̮his̻͉ͅp̭̮͚̟͡e͖̳̳r̖̪̰̪͚̲s̹̠̺͎͈͟ͅ
Move with Stev

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͍͍͓̫͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘E̷͉͚̭͓̜̞̿̂ͣͪ̒

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 26, 2018

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Movement halted at 02.08!

2. "Grumps" McGee
Moves to 03.07!

3. Cryo
Moves to 06.06!

Bombard posted:

Look out! Bombard can pummel all hexes in range with AoE attacks!

4. Stev Ansahok
Moves to 06.06!

6. Scramble
Moves to 07.04!

Deranged Aeopath is NEUTRAL.

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Movement halted at 10.08!

8. Lucinda
Movement halted at 10.08!

Item Card posted:

Whoops, here's the card for your Supply Beacon!

9. Frau Freiheit
No movement order.
Frau Freiheit assists the Camp...Reputation remains at 3.

10. Kal Risso
Moves to 14.04!

Pertinax
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon (each as separate challenge).
5: Retrieve the guidance computer from the Spaceship Wreck.
6. Salvage Biological Sample from downed Wrecker Kondo.
7. Salvage Aberrant Skull from downed Wrecker Kondo.
8. Claim trophies from 4 Mutant Stalkers.

Hideous Dynamics

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma.
2. Explore both Cryovolcanoes.
3. Be first to attack Kal Risso.
4. First enemy kill.

Virtual Domain Partners

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jan 26, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 3/3 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 1 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

Well, this was a bit unfortunate for Grumps. He could just lay down some covering fire and hope for the best... Or he could use that precariously positioned car tower over there. It's a bit of risk but it just might work: one good shot should send the entire structure falling down on those rigs!

Improvise: 1d6 1 Car tower attack: 1d6 5 Car tower attack: 1d6 5 Car tower attack: 1d6 5 Car tower attack: 1d6 6

A good shot, the tower wobbles aaaaaand... Hit! They go down like bowling balls. So much for the superiority of AI's, scrapheaps.

Wishlist For any sponsors wanting to balance the field a bit, experimental cyber or some deployable cover would be nice. Also probably going to need a medipack!

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 26, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Ah, so That's what a Methmaw was. Stopped him in his tracks, which was *not* good news for plan 'get under cover and kill things with impunity'. Annoying, he'd have to divert his course. On the plus side, there was an opportunity over there which might well help keep him in the game...

Squidpack to 03:07

Wishlist: Looks like an extra turn of setup. Coffin Nail top priority, medikit secondary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Planning to weather the acid storm in the scavenger camp, Frau helped to perform any last-minute repairs to roofs around the camp.
stay put, help prepare the camp for the acid storm

Wishlist: