Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
for some reason i don't find tilting a milk jug that weighs 3 lbs a difficult task, nor taking it out of the fridge

i am a he-man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Sure are a lot of royalty in here, too good to eat enhancing chemicals. Go buy the paleo poo poo the Co carries now.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
In australia the milk containers are shaped like this:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Impulse bought this tonight. Picked up some stir fry veg (to be a nice alternative to Normandy Blend), along with some bourbon, and a few other items.

Most excellent. A spoonful is a perfect balance of flavor and heat. Gonna put this on many things.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

ArbitraryC posted:

where on earth do you live that milk was 60 cents a gallon, the national average is like 2.40.

Costco is like 3-4 for a 2 pack depending on which percent, which is certainly cheaper than most other stores here. Their milk and cheese is as cheap as you can get anywhere really.

In Central IL, I dunno the last time I paid more than $1 for a gallon. One time last year, I went into ALDI and they had it for $0.30 with a limit of 6 per customer. I'm a few pages late and didn't mean to turn the thread into milk chat, but also felt rude for not replying, so v:shobon:v

Seconding the bulgogi at Costco, too. It was pretty good and I knew that poo poo was gonna be good because the sample station had a line two aisles long with people waiting to try it out.

My favorite premade Costco grab so far is the stuffed peppers, though. I spent a good portion of my childhood having to eat these awful things and the ones at Costco are so good that it washes away the memories of taste bud assault. They have like 1/2 of the sodium, too, so you're not gonna croak of a heart attack unless you're eating a full package of 6 on the reg.

e: If you get the bulgogi, you might want to cut up some of the meat a little more before putting it in a pan, though. There were some giant hunks that I didn't notice when I started making it and it was tough to cook them thoroughly. I made about 3/4 of it and then used some kitchen shears to cut up the bigger hunks. Not a problem though because it just meant our apt smelled delicious for longer.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 24, 2018

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

LoonyLeif posted:

Those milk jugs are terrible and they have a much higher center of gravity, meaning you have to work a lot more to get em out of the fridge.

Also I have no idea why but the milk at my Costco expires just one week after purchase. "I'll chance it," I say, and let it go a week. Never again. That milk was foul. Going to Aldi from now on for milk that lasts two months; it must be irradiated or some poo poo

It's likely UHT milk. Kirkland Organic is UHT and I've had unopened cartons still fresh after 45 days in the fridge.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Harton posted:

Picked up the ready to cook Korean BBQ beef and onion deal. Holy poo poo me and the wife were in flavor country. First time I ever saw it at my local Co. I’m buying that poo poo every time I see it now. It was amazing.

Tried it. Liked it!

Just had some for breakfast, too. Layered up toast, beef, fried egg and a ton of black pepper. My, oh my!

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

MisterOblivious posted:

It's likely UHT milk. Kirkland Organic is UHT and I've had unopened cartons still fresh after 45 days in the fridge.

i've had uht milk unrefridgerated be still good after 2 years

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
I bought UHT milk in Spain a lot, it was great because I could buy a couple of 1-Liter TetraBriks and keep the spares in the cabinet while one went in the fridge. I don't think I once threw out spoiled milk. The downside was when I craved a glass of milk and I only had room-temperature because I forgot to put on in the fridge. poo poo was reaaaaally sweet.

Anyway, I love you Costco and I should have visited the one in Madrid but I didn't have a car

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Would Doobie have bee successful if there was a Costco in Reform?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Over There posted:

No, not under any circumstances.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

bob dobbs is dead posted:

i've had uht milk unrefridgerated be still good after 2 years

Shelf stable milk uses different packaging. Costco uses standard paper cartoons which aren't aseptic so they're not shelf stable.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Kilo147 posted:

Nah. It's pretty dull. Lived here all my life. We have a bar with indoor mini-golf though. Which is pretty rad.
Heck yeah, Flatstick Pub is great. They have trivia with a competent quizmaster on Wednesdays that is a good time.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Over There posted:

Doobie would have been content working the hotdog cart at the food court.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Costco would not have hired Doobie.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Accretionist posted:

Tried it. Liked it!

Just had some for breakfast, too. Layered up toast, beef, fried egg and a ton of black pepper. My, oh my!

I finished my leftovers last night for dinner. Definitely buying that again next time I see it. It was just as good the second time around.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Costco would not have hired Doobie.

12 pack of coke... $8
24 pack of coke....$25

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Over There posted:

12 pack of coke... $8
24 pack of coke....$25

The dog and drink would remain 1.50. Refills are now 3.00. It's .50 per pump at the condiment station.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

binge crotching posted:

Doobie would have been content working the hotdog cart at the food court.

hell, doobie probably DOES work at the hot dog cart at the food court now.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Who is doobie.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Coredump posted:

Who is doobie.

:captainpop::chanpop:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Coredump posted:

Who is doobie.

Mods????

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Depending on where you live, that may or may not be worth it. In socal, there's a bunch of kbbq places where if you're paying 15 bucks for that pack of meat, you might as well just go to a restaurant.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Depending on where you live, that may or may not be worth it. In socal, there's a bunch of kbbq places where if you're paying 15 bucks for that pack of meat, you might as well just go to a restaurant.

If you can find me a place in Koreatown that is selling more than 3 lbs of bulgogi for $15, I will be all over it. I've never tried that Costco pack, but it's an enormous amount of meat for $15.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

binge crotching posted:

If you can find me a place in Koreatown that is selling more than 3 lbs of bulgogi for $15, I will be all over it. I've never tried that Costco pack, but it's an enormous amount of meat for $15.

I guess it depends on how much of it you're planning on eating at once. I have fond college memories of sitting in smallish hole in the wall kbbq restaurants and grilling for 3 hours for 12 bucks. I think we used to go to Westminster for that, but it's been awhile. Gen is now a big fancy chain, but it used to be pretty cheap for lunch, i think 15 or so? Its probably more expensive now since its even more popular than before.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Anyone have the KitchenAid 6-Quart mixer that's on sale right now? I need a new mixer and would love to buy from the 'co, but there are a lot of mixed reviews on the website. poo poo like the motor smoking, overheating, metallic flecks from the dough hook coming off into dough, etc. Can anybody confirm/deny?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
There are still places that you can go for less than $15 for AYCE kbbq but in my experience the quality of meat is just much better at Gen and its worth the extra $5. Plus most Gens have better service and sucks the smoke from the bottom of the grill instead of a hood so you don't leave the place smelling like a bonfire. Plus Gen has like 50 menu items compared to other places having less than 10.

$5/lb is about what you'd expect to pay for beef bulgogi (ribeye cuts). Arirang on Gilbert & Garden Grove sells their beef at that price. Chicken is 2.29 and pork is 2.79. Costco probably has better quality though.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Argyle posted:

Anyone have the KitchenAid 6-Quart mixer that's on sale right now? I need a new mixer and would love to buy from the 'co, but there are a lot of mixed reviews on the website. poo poo like the motor smoking, overheating, metallic flecks from the dough hook coming off into dough, etc. Can anybody confirm/deny?

We have one. Just clean it and be mindful of the oil and you'll be fine.

We have had it for 7 years with no real issues

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Are the whole pizzas they sell at the food court found anywhere in the store or do they come from a separate supply? My girlfriend and I split a hot dog and chicken bake tonight but that supreme pizza looked pretty damned good. Didn't see anything similar by the frozen pizzas or the take and bakes.

Costco is also the only place I've been to that sells 12 packs of Bundaberg, the best soda in existence. One day I'll go in when it is on sale and buy an entire pallet before they realize what sort of mistake they've made.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bloodplay it again posted:

Are the whole pizzas they sell at the food court found anywhere in the store or do they come from a separate supply? My girlfriend and I split a hot dog and chicken bake tonight but that supreme pizza looked pretty damned good. Didn't see anything similar by the frozen pizzas or the take and bakes.

Costco is also the only place I've been to that sells 12 packs of Bundaberg, the best soda in existence. One day I'll go in when it is on sale and buy an entire pallet before they realize what sort of mistake they've made.

You mean Bundy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Coredump posted:

Who is doobie.

It was at this moment that I realize that I am old.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

their frozen pizzas are quite good but no its not the same as the foodcourt. I do recommend their frozen cheese pizzas which you can then just add whatever you want to them. They come out quite good and the price is unbeatable.

Also this give me the opportunity to repost this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-E2Cz59_5A

PBUC

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

If I remember correctly, their take and bakes were nowhere near as good as the food court pizza. However, I do believe that you can get whole pies to go from there... I think I'm going to try that next time we want to order a pizza.

PBUC!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I’ve hoisted many a full pie from the arms of the clergy and tested my faith as I consumed it over and over. My faith has always been rewarded by Quality! And Price!

PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Seriously though, a great Superbowl party MUST involve Costco. Whether for ordering a wholly irresponsible amount of Combo/Cheese pizzas, or raiding the frozen section for all sorts of unhealthy things.

Also if you wanna do a awesome buffalo chicken dip get a pack of their canned chicken. Its perfecto.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

How can you talk about a super bowl party and not get the 100 pre-cooked shrimp platter? Or maybe it's 200, I don't know. It's a giant pile of shrimp for not much money.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Chinatown posted:

Seriously though, a great Superbowl party MUST involve Costco. Whether for ordering a wholly irresponsible amount of Combo/Cheese pizzas, or raiding the frozen section for all sorts of unhealthy things.

Also if you wanna do a awesome buffalo chicken dip get a pack of their canned chicken. Its perfecto.

I wish people would have more respect for their friends and/or family than ordering Costco Pizza, but alas, I can't tell you how to live your life. I can and will look down on you, though.

At least you're not ordering Costco food court for your company "pizza party". That is the lowest of the low.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

I wish people would have more respect for their friends and/or family than ordering Costco Pizza, but alas, I can't tell you how to live your life. I can and will look down on you, though.

At least you're not ordering Costco food court for your company "pizza party". That is the lowest of the low.

gently caress you

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I should elaborate and say that it's completely acceptable to feed your friends and family Costco food court if you are a poor.

It's also fine to enjoy it yourself, but if you think it's ok to feed that poo poo to your friends and family and you can afford better... have some self respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

I should elaborate and say that it's completely acceptable to feed your friends and family Costco food court if you are a poor.

It's also fine to enjoy it yourself, but if you think it's ok to feed that poo poo to your friends and family and you can afford better... have some self respect.

Burn.