Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
Iron Throne bids:
Baratheon - 4
Stark - 2
Everyone else - 0

Gutter Owl needs to break the ties. Accepting bids for Fiefdoms.

PT totals:
Stark - 6
Martell - 5
Greyjoy - 4
Baratheon - 1
Tyrell - 1
Lannister - 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Baratheon
Stark
Greyjoy
Martell
Tyrell
Lannister (rip)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Fiefdoms bids:
Martell - 2
Stark - 1
Baratheon - 1
Greyjoy - 0
Tyrell - 0
Lannister - 0

PTs left:
Stark - 5
Greyjoy - 4
Martell - 3
Tyrell - 1
Baratheon - 0
Lannister - 0

Accepting bids for King's Court.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Martell
Bara
Stark
Tyrell
Greyjoy
Lannister

Dancer
May 23, 2011
King's Court bids:

Stark - 4
Greyjoy - 4
Martell - 2
Tyrell - 1
Baratheon - 0
Lannister - 0

New PT totals:
Stark, Martell - 1
Everyone else - 0

And, finally, there's another wildling attack with strength 8. This should be quick, I only need 2 bids :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Stark and Martell have both spent their single power token. The wildlings win, as expected.

Mammoth Riders
Wildling Victory
- Lowest Bidder: Destroys 3 of their units anywhere.
- Everyone Else: Destroys 2 of their units anywhere.
Night's Watch Victory
- Highest Bidder: May retrieve 1 House card of their choice from their discard pile.

GO has to declare the biggest loser. That person then has to lose 3 units, and then the rest of you lose 2 each, in turn order.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Just out of curiosity, could Lannister still be picked as biggest loser?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Yes, Lannister is still in the game. If Lannisport is vacated, and a muster comes, he can even have units again :v: . Had more people bid 0 on King's Court, he could even have been granted some stars, just to deny them to others.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Lannister takes the wildlings. Greyjoy gets the raven.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Gutter Owl posted:

Lannister takes the wildlings. Greyjoy gets the raven.

I'm surprised somebody else didn't get the wildlings. Don't you have enemies?

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, but they both bid 1.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm just surprised GO still wanted the throne that badly.

But, speaking of, Baratheon goes first with the wildling losses.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Pththya-lyi posted:

I'm just surprised GO still wanted the throne that badly.

But, speaking of, Baratheon goes first with the wildling losses.

I'm surprised you didn't fight harder for it.

Kill both footmen.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
kill stony shore footman and WH port boat

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Scuttle the boat in Lannisport port.
Scuttle one of the boats in Golden Sound.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Retire the Searoad Marshes and Yronwood Footmen.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Dornish Marches Footman and The Reach Knight.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And here we go.

Turn 10 planning phase

PTs on hand: None. It's like none of you intend to hold any castles.

Available House cards:
House Stark:
[4] Eddard Stark: 2 Swords
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[2] Greatjon Umber: 1 Sword
[1] Ser Rodrik Cassel: 2 Fortifications
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[2] Brienne of Tarth: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[1] Melisandre: 1 Sword
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[4] Euron Crow's Eye: 1 Sword
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[1] Dagmar Cleftjaw: 1 Sword, 1 Fortification
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[2] Ser Garlan Tyrell: 2 Swords
[2] Randyll Tarly: 1 Sword
[1] Alester Florent: 1 Fortification
[1] Margaery Tyrell: 1 Fortification
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[4] The Red Viper: 2 Swords, 1 Fortification
[3] Areo Hotah: 1 Fortification
[2] Obara Sand: 1 Sword
[2] Darkstar: 1 Sword
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Turn 10 orders

Greyjoy gets to use the raven, then Stark -> Martell -> Stark raid.

And an unrelated note: If you'd like me to send you a reminder whenever the next game starts (probably a week or two after this one ends), then let me know. I guess it will probably be the Dance With Dragons version because some of you people are crazy.

PTs on hand: None.

Available House cards:
House Stark:
[3] Robb Stark: If you win this combat, you may choose the area to which your opponent retreats. You must choose a legal area where your opponent loses the fewest units.
[2] Roose Bolton: If you lose this combat, return your entire House card discard pile into your hand (including this card).
[1] The Blackfish: You do not take casualties in this combat from House card abilities, Combat icons, or Tides of Battle cards.
[0] Catelyn Stark: If you have a Defense Order token in the embattled area, its value is doubled.

House Baratheon:
[4] Stannis Baratheon: If your opponent has a higher position on the Iron Throne Influence track than you this card gains +1 combat strength.
[3] Renly Baratheon: If you win this combat, you may upgrade one of your participating Footmen (or one supporting Baratheon Footman) to a Knight.
[2] Ser Davos Seaworth: If “Stannis Baratheon” is in your discard pile, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon
[1] Salladhor Saan: If you are being supported in this combat, the combat strength of all non-Baratheon Ships is reduced to 0.
[0] Patchface: After combat, you may look at your opponent's hand and discard one card of your choice.

House Greyjoy:
[3] Victarion Greyjoy: If you are attacking, all of your participating Ships (including supporting Greyjoy Ships) add +2 to combat strength instead of +1.
[2] Theon Greyjoy: If you are defending an area that contains either a Stronghold or a Castle, this card gains +1 combat strength and a sword icon.
[2] Balon Greyjoy: The printed combat strength of your opponent's House card is reduced to 0.
[1] Asha Greyjoy: If you are not being supported in this combat, this card gains two Sword icons and one Fortification icon.
[0] Aeron Damphair: You may immediately discard two Power tokens to discard Aeron Damphair and choose a different House Card from your hand (if able).

House Tyrell:
[4] Mace Tyrell: Immediately destroy one of your opponent's attacking or defending Footmen units.
[3] Ser Loras Tyrell: If you are attacking and win this combat, move the March Order token used into the conquered area to resolve again later this round.
[0] Queen of Thorns: Immediately remove one of your opponent's Order tokens in any area adjacent to the embattled area other than the March Order token used to start this combat.

House Martell:
[1] Nymeria Sand: If you are defending, this card gains a fortification icon. If you are attacking, this card gains a sword icon.
[1] Arianne Martell: If you are defending and lose this combat, your opponent may not move his units into the embattled area. They return to the area from which they marched. Your own units must still retreat.
[0] Doran Martell: Immediately move your opponent to the bottom of one Influence track of your choice.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Show me them wildlings, one last time.

*edit*

I was being a dumb dumb. Change Golden Sound to Raid.

nimby fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 24, 2018

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Raid ironman's bay (my second raid does nothing)

Next up is Greyjoy's raid

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Martell, heads up: if you raid my support, then Stark wins.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Gutter Owl posted:

Martell, heads up: if you raid my support, then Stark wins.

I know. :v:

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Sorry Martell, but my raid boys gotta raid.

Raid Searoad Marches.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I raid the darkness (nothing).

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

EDIT: NEVERMIND LETS NOT THROW THE GAME.

EDIT 2: loving HELL.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 24, 2018

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Map after raids btw:

Available House cards:
House Stark:

House Baratheon:

House Greyjoy:

House Tyrell:

House Martell:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

ughhhh

Move one knight from KL to Crackclaw

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
March Eyrie SE to Winterfell, leave Footman behind

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The Pyke Siege Engine marches forth to conquer Flint's Finger.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Greyjoy plays:
Stark plays:

Final combat strength 8 vs. 8. Stark victory..

And with that, I'm going to call it. It is impossible for anyone to take a castle off Stark, and Baratheon can't possibly defend Crackclaw Point. Pththya-lyi of house Stark wins the game. Long may she reign. Stay tuned for the next game coming up in a week or so, probably featuring the Dance with Dragons expansion.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

I just want to add, for completeness sake, it is actually possible for Baratheon to hold off Stark.

Right now it's Stark 12 vs Baratheon 10. If Tyrell attacks Baratheon at King's Landing and Baratheon attacks Martell at Storm's End, Baratheon will have their cards back and Martell can Doran them to the bottom of the Iron Throne track. This would end up with a Stark 14 (Roose +2) vs a Baratheon 15 (Stannis +5).

However, I don't see Martell getting to 6 castles as Tyrell can just Mace that one footman army so the Starks still end up winning at 6 castles.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Pretty sure I threw my last chance when I upgraded DS to a siege instead of a knight. Cost me my chance to take The Reach and win on literally the final tiebreaker.

Good game, Pththya-lyi et al.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I'm happy to call this sad rollercoaster of a game. GG everyone!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
GG and congratulations to you, Pththya-lyi!

Love,
The decrepit corpse of the Lannister clan

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Good game, GO (props for the best full-on invasion of the North I've seen) and ETB both came very close to steamrolling their way to 7 and just ran into lousy Westeros Cards.

I just managed to hold on long enough to benefit from Stark's long game position. And I really wanted to defend Flint's with Cat like every good Balon-fearing Stark should, but at the last second decided most people would probably guess I wanted to play Cat.

nimby posted:

I just want to add, for completeness sake, it is actually possible for Baratheon to hold off Stark.

Right now it's Stark 12 vs Baratheon 10. If Tyrell attacks Baratheon at King's Landing and Baratheon attacks Martell at Storm's End, Baratheon will have their cards back and Martell can Doran them to the bottom of the Iron Throne track. This would end up with a Stark 14 (Roose +2) vs a Baratheon 15 (Stannis +5).

I'd probably Roose my Castle Black footman and save the big attack for the end D'oh, I think you're right because if I go with an obvious Roose then Bara can Patchface me.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hey Stark, I'm warden of the West right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

The General posted:

Hey Stark, I'm warden of the West right?

yeah, long as you didn't recycle Baratheon's hand...

• Locked thread