Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

Toughy posted:

Can we scout the other pole in the forest before we form our team?

Minivote: Scout out the target pole before gathering a team? It'll take you a bit, in which time someone else may gather a team.

1.) Yes
2.) No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
BM cause we're gonna poo poo on these fools

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

1.) Yes

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
Scout!

G. Let them get a bit tired, we need 'em to slip up.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

A
Minivote: Yes

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
E N 2

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

TheCog posted:

Minivote: Scout out the target pole before gathering a team?

1.) Yes

TheCog posted:

"i heard that it's because some of them are real freaks, got cursed when their town was destroyed by a witch, now they have weeping sores and extra mouths and other horrible things."

Umm, doesn't this sound familiar? Didn't our Town kinda get the same treatment?

I feel like we should investigate this further.

TheCog posted:

B.) A but instead Recruit from the outcasts who aren't even playing.

E.) A but recruit only girls.

N.) 3 more people

Recruit an all girl team of outcasts, and find out more about their circumstances.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

SniperWoreConverse posted:

:laffo:

BEN
and Yes.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Scout
BN

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

TheCog posted:

You ask a boy, possibly a couple years younger than you. "You mean the Ters? They're all part of that group of refugees that came to town. They're fine for the most part, but theres a few of them that the older kids like to pick on, and its not good to get caught up on that, so people don't wanna play with them." the kid looks conspiratorially to either side and then leans in to whisper "i heard that it's because some of them are real freaks, got cursed when their town was destroyed by a witch, now they have weeping sores and extra mouths and other horrible things."

Oh no, we might get bullied by Youths.

BM

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I find this logic to be :perfect:.

BM

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Scout first, then
H
- go for the Talisman alone when you return and everyone's tired.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
Yes, BM

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

You decide to scout out the location where you need to get the amulet before you get on forming a team. You wander off in the direction of the forest, noticing a few things. The first is that there really isn't much of a path, running this way will involve climbing over fallen logs and scrabbling up somewhat weird inclines. The second is that the distance is not insignificant, you walk for what you would estimate to be twenty minutes before you find the clearing. The post in the center is old and relatively beat up. The clearing itself is fairly wide, and there are the shambles of what once must have been a hut located near the furthest side of the clearing. Its as you're studying the clearing that you hear rustling in the trees, and the sound of very human footsteps, ahead, maybe 30-40 feet away. It sounds like a small group and its moving away from you. Not very stealthily. They probably don't know you're here?

Minivote 2: Investigate?

1.) Yes
2.) No

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Hell yeah. Investigate.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
We're already in deep enough keep going

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Outrail posted:

Hell yeah. Investigate.

Obviously!

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Stay a while, and listen!

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 26, 2018

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Go on...

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Do you want to know more? Hell yea

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Oh great we're about to bust some poor teenagers knocking boots in the woods.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Investigate! It's clearly a demon cult, and we are skilled enough to trounce them! ... do we have our spear I guess in necklace form?

and BN as many people as possible, noting that even the guys who get zombied trying to get the flag win in our opinion cuz their distraction helped the flag get gotten.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

vorebane posted:

Investigate! It's clearly a demon cult, and we are skilled enough to trounce them! ... do we have our spear I guess in necklace form?

and BN as many people as possible, noting that even the guys who get zombied trying to get the flag win in our opinion cuz their distraction helped the flag get gotten.

"You losing and helping me win makes you the real winner, even though you lost!"

I didn't know we had any politicians on the forums.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Yes - They probably set traps. Learn of traps.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

TheCog posted:

Minivote 2: Investigate?

1.) Yes
2.) gently caress yes

fixed

Also vorebane, get primaried.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

V:v:V It's honestly how I'd look at getting tagged if it led to someone winning but hey.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

vorebane posted:

V:v:V It's honestly how I'd look at getting tagged if it led to someone winning but hey.

Actually never-mind, I'm going to be strong. We don't need a political derail here. Not yet. :v:

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

PM me if you must rage.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
We're getting further and further from relative safety. Hrmm. I'd say don't investigate. We're not really ready for some serious business poo poo.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Minivote voting is closed. I need a bit. Today hopefully.

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

As stealthily as you can, you sneak up on the rustling bushes up ahead. It doesn't take much. They're being rather... loud. As you approach you can hear what sounds like three people whispering. Whispering might be a bit of a generous term. Trying not to speak loudly? They are not succeeding. You catch fragments of the conversation. "Do you really think..." "Yeah, eats their faces!" "Treasure!". The voices are clearly young, kids, your age, perhaps even younger. They keep moving north, but you're used to traveling through the wilderness, and its obvious they are not. You overtake them before they've crossed much more distance.

You can clearly make out the conversation now. There are three of them, two boys and a girl, and the two boys are chattering on excitedly about a monster, and treasure, and how they're all going to be rich, while the girl keeps asking progressively more worried questions about this monster. It seems to be "Made of thousands of legs!" and it "melts faces and eats eyeballs!" but it also "guards a pile of gold and enchanted silver skulls!" In your years of traveling with the Sejin you've never heard of a creature like this. You'd remember seeing a creature that melts faces and is made entirely out of legs in the book.

You finally get a glimpse of the noisy wanderers through the trees, perhaps ten minutes after you started tracking them? Two boys, and... two girls? One of them isn't apparently participating in the conversation. Both of the boys look... incredibly similar. Twins? Except one of them has a few pockmarks across his face. You've seen it before, the scars of a ravaging flesh eating disease. The survivors all have the same scars. The two girls couldn't be more different. The one asking questions is a smaller, blonde thing, which reminds you of the china dolls one of the Sejin's "friends" collected. She looks to be the youngest of the group, maybe nine or ten? The other girl is raven haired, and you don't get to see much of her face, because she's utterly fixated on... the floor? It looks like she's following a trail or something. Looking at moss? The boys are both wielding crude "spears" if you can even call them that. More like sharpened sticks, while the older girl has a knife casually slung on her belt.

You:

A.) Aren't interested in this at all. Go back and play the game as originally planned (We'll follow through with the winner of that vote)
B.) Want to find out more! Bust this party and ask some questions!
C.) Want to sneak behind them silently. See where they're going!
D.) Put a stop to this immediately! Crash their party and demand they come back with you.
E.) Put a stop to this! Go tell someone back at the festival. You'll figure out who on the way back.
F.) Join them! Ask politely!
G.) Join them! Demand to be allowed to come! Your... guardian is a monster hunter and they need your help!
H.) Join them! Demand to be allowed to come or you'll go tattle!
I.) Write in. Something else

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

C

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I.) Sneak up behind them, give them a good scare, and offer to help them hunt the monster.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

E - a responsible future monster hunter doesn't let untrained kids go monster hunting. Also, the idea of being a killjoy amuses me right now. :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I- use our stealth and actual monster knowledge to scare the hell out of them for shits and giggles

Also to make them not die, I guess

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Slaan posted:

I- use our stealth and actual monster knowledge to scare the hell out of them for shits and giggles

This

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

Slaan posted:

Is the goal to scare them out of going or to take leadership of the expedition?

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

TheCog posted:

How about if they run good! If they stay their ground, take charge

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

TheCog posted:

Scare them out of going by making monster noises, throwing things at them, rustling leaves etc