Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

literally a hog posted:

you don't lose archives when you get banned.

Ah, didn't know that.

Alpha Mayo posted:

$5 for no-ads?

What ads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

If Bitcoin drops it’s only because Ethereum was slightly better ranked by the Weiss Crypto commission

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/24/weiss-ratings-gives-ethereum-higher-rating-than-bitcoin.html

This is only temporary of course, as the Lightning Network is about to be deployed in the next few months

This is the only reason Alpha Mayo is willing to gamble on Bitcoin!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Shown below: "Alpha Mayo"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks a lot more like Comfy Fleece Sweater.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Alpha Mayo posted:

Even though I have a strong feeling it will crash soon, if it doesn't collapse I can give SA a $30 donation. Been a while since I supported the site anyway.

I am 100% with you. I am not toxxing myself though. However, I have pulled out from the markets because they have been dropping 1-2% for no apparent reason other than correction.

Also because there hasn't been a crash for 10 years and we are due for another one.

Also because of this.

Bitcoin is going to crash and gently caress up the markets for a bit. I'll just start buying back in when everything bottoms out.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Mozi posted:

Shown below: "Alpha Mayo"

I could only dream

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

joats posted:

I'll just start buying back in when everything bottoms out.

Why?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

I mean, buying back into real stocks, not this bitcoin crap.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

joats posted:

I mean, buying back into real stocks, not this bitcoin crap.

Yes. Makes sense. The market is vastly inflated due to trump and greed. Corps want to get as much $$$ as possible before Trump gets curbstomped out of the white house. The gravy train is going to come to an end sooner than later.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

walk it down

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kinda feel your toxx should have an "unless more tether is printed" clause. Because more tether will be printed.

How do you print digital funny money, anyway?

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

You press enter

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

joats posted:

I am 100% with you. I am not toxxing myself though. However, I have pulled out from the markets because they have been dropping 1-2% for no apparent reason other than correction.

Also because there hasn't been a crash for 10 years and we are due for another one.

Also because of this.

Bitcoin is going to crash and gently caress up the markets for a bit. I'll just start buying back in when everything bottoms out.

Bitcoin is dumb but this chart being abused is just as dumb. I looked up the study to quote it about the graph but it's in French.

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

Waltzing Along posted:

Kinda feel your toxx should have an "unless more tether is printed" clause. Because more tether will be printed.

His hypothesis is based on guessing the tether printings are tied to the futures markets and more tether won't be printed because the next futures call is at the end of the day and the tether people have a bet placed on bitcoin going down.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think more Tether will be printed. I think they want to walk the price down slowly then let it plummet right before Bitcoin Futures settlement for January (which is tomorrow).

e: beaten

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

is your toxx for the coinbase price?

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~

Uranium 235 posted:

is your toxx for the coinbase price?

Yeah

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I'm rooting for you (and the demise of buttcoin).

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

whoops i just noticed that you said so in that post :downs:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

some dudes filed a class action lawsuit against bitconnect. one guy lost $200k

https://cointelegraph.com/news/investors-file-class-action-lawsuit-against-bitconnect-following-its-shutdown

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah one time I lost a lot of neopoints too

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I felt like the Leo Decaprio, in The Wolf of Wall Street.

lmao

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

anyone keep up with the cryptokitties market? just wondering if it's gone bust

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Moridin920 posted:

Yeah one time I lost a lot of neopoints too

Me too but that was because I entered my username and password into a "cheat program." I learned a lot about life that day.

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

1% returns per day, we promise, just give us your money for a mandatory minimum of 100 days

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

btw this law firm has been active in representing plaintiffs against a lot of crypto businesses

no idea if they're any good

a bunch of bitconnect shills/affiliates from youtube are named in the lawsuit as defendants, including cryptonick who is listed as "john doe no. 1"

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 25, 2018

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
The price fixing is getting really predictable. Another 200 point drop within 10 minutes is my guess.

This is why they are walking down the price. When the price drops, volume of futures goes up because people think they are suddenly getting a good deal. If they drop too fast though they will spook investors.

Alpha Mayo fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jan 25, 2018

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thread gets real boring real fast when we're speculating on tiny price movements.

Thread is at its best when people are losing their shirts to obvious scams like bitconnect.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Moxxis Endowment posted:

Thread gets real boring real fast when we're speculating on tiny price movements.

Thread is at its best when people are losing their shirts to obvious scams like bitconnect.

Check back in a few days.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Moxxis Endowment posted:

PonziCoin is up 134% today

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ponzicoin/

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
you're welcome
pay it forward~
yeah I need to stop watching the chart, it's like watching a computer play tic-tac-toe against itself

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
bad news for Alpha Mayo

https://techcrunch.com/2018/01/25/free-cryptocurrency-trading-app/

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Alpha Mayo posted:

yeah I need to stop watching the chart, it's like watching a computer play tic-tac-toe against itself

You're gonna be out about $30 here.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
One guy in the yospos thread made a toxx for raising 100 bitcoins on SA without having them getting stolen or come from stolen sources.

I believe it is still active.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
So I work at a bar, when bitcoin was at its highest these 5 uber dorks walk in, and start ordering top shelf poo poo, and buying drinks for people. This sets off my Crypto-Radar, so I decided to befriend these guys, and see what the deal is. They all walk outside, bust out some huge loving cigars, and sit around the fire. These guys are over the moon, so I add some more wood to the fire, start talking to them. One of them beams to me, "Bet you'd never thought you'd be sitting around a fire with a bunch of millionaires huh?" So I play along, blahblahblah bit-what?!?! They proceed to tell me that they all are super rich on bitcoin, and they wouuuuuld show me, but like I'm way too late to the game. So of course some randos start being interested in this ultra alpha group, and ask about buttcoin. It was hilarious watching them try to explain it, as they got hosed up, to people that were already hosed up. I will say props to one of them, probably the most stereotypical looking goon, who got an uber home with a hot chick, I wonder if he got some?

We'll never know, because they all slowly stopped coming in as the price has gone down, and down, and down. One of them still comes in and I asked him the other day, "Hey man how's your portfolio doing?" He winced, and said it was all just a minor dip, and he'd be alright, it'll go back up.....it always does.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

if anything this makes alpha's prediction more likely when people try to pull their money out of current exchanges and the inevitable "we are currently restricting USD withdrawals would you like some more tether instead" notices start popping up

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Pokey Araya posted:

"Bet you'd never thought you'd be sitting around a fire with a bunch of millionaires huh?"
i lay awake at night wondering what it would be like to sit around a fire with millionaires

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gary oldmans diary posted:

i lay awake at night wondering what it would be like to sit around a fire with millionaires

Probably pretty great except for the shrill screaming and smell of burnt flesh.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Pokey Araya posted:

So I work at a bar, when bitcoin was at its highest these 5 uber dorks walk in, and start ordering top shelf poo poo, and buying drinks for people. This sets off my Crypto-Radar, so I decided to befriend these guys, and see what the deal is. They all walk outside, bust out some huge loving cigars, and sit around the fire. These guys are over the moon, so I add some more wood to the fire, start talking to them. One of them beams to me, "Bet you'd never thought you'd be sitting around a fire with a bunch of millionaires huh?" So I play along, blahblahblah bit-what?!?! They proceed to tell me that they all are super rich on bitcoin, and they wouuuuuld show me, but like I'm way too late to the game. So of course some randos start being interested in this ultra alpha group, and ask about buttcoin. It was hilarious watching them try to explain it, as they got hosed up, to people that were already hosed up. I will say props to one of them, probably the most stereotypical looking goon, who got an uber home with a hot chick, I wonder if he got some?

We'll never know, because they all slowly stopped coming in as the price has gone down, and down, and down. One of them still comes in and I asked him the other day, "Hey man how's your portfolio doing?" He winced, and said it was all just a minor dip, and he'd be alright, it'll go back up.....it always does.

I mean, this is an interesting story that hits all the points of smugness on both sides, but if they actually were worth a million at any point it's not like they're penniless now. Bitcoin is still worth 50% of it's ATH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zaurg
Mar 1, 2004
bad news for Alpha Mayo

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-25/bitcoin-s-about-to-get-easier-for-wall-street-pros-to-trade