Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Killic looks sick as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I only lurk this thread for SoulCalibur.

It looks okay. Mixed feelings of Groh, mainly because I hated the SC5 characters so much. The others look alright.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
groh looks like a dumb final fantasy character

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Oh poo poo, my boy Killik is back!

What Soul Edge what the fu-

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Evil Kilik

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

dragon enthusiast posted:

I guess today is fighting game trailer day thanks evo Japan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI71a1dtqYs

Yesssss

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i dont like groh as well, it just doesnt look right next to the other soulcal characters

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Kurtofan posted:

i dont like groh as well, it just doesnt look right next to the other soulcal characters

It's not just that, Xianghua and Kilik look like they play like traditional versions of themselves. Groh, new Nightmare, (and I'd guess Bust Kilik) look like they're mechanically from a whole different game.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Most of Nightmare's moves just looks like Sieg's stuff with a little bit of extra flair

I'm just hoping Cassandra doesn't get muscled out of the roster

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Groh looks cool. I hope Taki makes it

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Most of Nightmare's moveset looks like the 3 and later Nightmare moveset. The one stance, Grim Stride, etc. The stuff that looks new is that new universal counter mechanic, and stuff that looks like it'll take meter.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I don't know anything about Soul Calibur but...why isn't that guy called Knightmare? It's right there.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Jack Trades posted:

I don't know anything about Soul Calibur but...why isn't that guy called Knightmare? It's right there.

Because then they would have to change his boss form name to Knight Terror which would be awesome and clever, and we all know the SC writers are anything but.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

MechaX posted:

Oh poo poo, my boy Killik is back!

What Soul Edge what the fu-

It only took 4 games but that corruption thing they've been hinting at since Soul Calibur finally might pay off.

In Training posted:

Groh looks cool. I hope Taki makes it

The sun has a greater chance of exploding tomorrow than Taki not being in this game. The original Soul Blade was my first fighting game so I want SC to be good again.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
Give Taki cancellable Exorcism like SC2.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

As long as Voldo and Ivy are in, I'll be happy.

When does FighterZ unlock

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

As long as Voldo and Ivy are in, I'll be happy.

When does FighterZ unlock

midnight eastern on ps4, idk on pc

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Of all the replacement characters in SC5, Natsu is the one I like most over her predecessor, but I'm not gonna hold my breath :shrug:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I never got into the later KOF games so is Oswald just a less bad Gambit?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
No Talim no buy

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

C. Everett Koop posted:

I never got into the later KOF games so is Oswald just a less bad Gambit?

no he's a dumb fucker but he doesn't do 100 off throws, he does 100 percent from hits

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Fruitsnacks posted:

Give Taki cancellable Exorcism like SC2.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/956655424123490304

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Anything less than time free DLC for most of the characters or launching the base game for no more than $30 is an instant no buy for me.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

punk rebel ecks posted:

Anything less than time free DLC for most of the characters or launching the base game for no more than $30 is an instant no buy for me.

:same:

Honestly, the game shouldn't total more than $50 when only 10% is new stuff.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Chaotic Flame posted:

:same:

Honestly, the game shouldn't total more than $50 when only 10% is new stuff.

oh i guess this is what people said about mvc2 also

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

and they were correct, that game was a ripoff

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lessail posted:

No Talim no buy

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

SirKibbles posted:

It only took 4 games but that corruption thing they've been hinting at since Soul Calibur finally might pay off.

What sticks out to me is he's still wearing the Dvapara-Yuga when it happens. I guess that malfestation still leaks through sometimes.

More importantly though, I hope we get to use that sweet demon hair on created characters.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Zand posted:

are you being legitimate w/ this post?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

darealkooky posted:

are you being legitimate w/ this post?

People legitimately said MvC2 was a rip-off when it came out because the vast majority of the cast were recycled from other games. This sentiment did not last long but it was real.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
But the Morrigan sprite tho

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

mango sentinel posted:

People legitimately said MvC2 was a rip-off when it came out because the vast majority of the cast were recycled from other games. This sentiment did not last long but it was real.

all I remember was people going "awesome I get to play as (whatever character wasn't in the last several games) again"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I mean, was MVC2 popular/sold well? I remember I was surprised when I heard there was a sequel to MVC when I was a teenager, and that was like, four years after release.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mvc2 was insanely popular

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

I mean, was MVC2 popular/sold well? I remember I was surprised when I heard there was a sequel to MVC when I was a teenager, and that was like, four years after release.

MvC2 was incredibly popular, sales are harder to pinpoint. There aren't sales numbers floating around for the DC release, but it's a Dreamcast game so there were probably three burned copies for every legit one. The arcade cabinet was in every arcade during their waning days. The Xbox and PS2 ports came very late and were incredibly limited release, plus I think weren't arcade perfect.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

they weren't. Plus they sounded like poo poo compared to the dreamcast version imo.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Dias posted:

Even going sales wise it's pretty popular, with over 2 million copies of the XBL/PSN rerelease.

In terms of the console heyday sales it isn't really fair to compare as one was released on a console that didn't gain traction while the other had a late and very limited release.

Arcade wise the game was very popular. 18 years after release and you can still find cabinets for it here and there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Every barcade I've been to, which usually tries to just collect Greatest Hits of Your Youth type cabs, has had MvC2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

In Training posted:

Every barcade I've been to, which usually tries to just collect Greatest Hits of Your Youth type cabs, has had MvC2

Not all in nyc

I was pissed at the one in Brooklyn