Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Flashy +1 | Forceful +0 | Sneaky +3 | Careful +2
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [] []

Yumiko reached for her new smg's, twirled them like American cowboys did in those Italian movies, and yelled: "Everybody out of the way!" Then, aiming her guns in the very general direction of fake Aizawa, she unleashed a volley of full-auto fire in an attempt to force the enemy on the ground, under the bed or behind the closet.

Flashily laying down suppressive fire in an attempt to put the "suppressed!" aspect on the shapeshifter: rolled a 1 in the discord.

Deltasquid fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda
Forceful +3 | Flashy +2 | Clever +2 | Quick +1 | Sneaky +1 | Careful 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: 1[] 2[] 3[]
Aspects: None

Seka watches her friends burst into action around her. She dives sideways out of the way of Yumiko's wildfire, following Shin as he flips away from the monstrous Aizawa.

"Shin! Do you have any glass on you?! You need to do what me and Yumi can do! I think that's the best way to hurt these things!"

She pulls out her shotgun and joins Yumi in filling the room full of lead.

Using my action to add +1 to Yumi's attempt to create an advantage.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:
Flashy +3 | Clever +2 | Sneaky +2 | Quick +1 | Careful +1 | Forceful +0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -

A hideous amalgrim of flesh and metal, if it wasn't human before the fake Aizawa was defiantly not pretending now it felt itself under threat. It was pretty...

"Oooh my god that's so COOL." He didn't quite have a gun in his hand right now, he had a camera instead, even as Tomo started to hiss at hideous insectoid creature. He could do one thing real quick.

"Just hold that menacing pose please just like that."

Flashily Creating an Advantage, 4dF+3: 2

Creating a boost Camera Flashed

*FLASH*

Yo often liked to keep the flash on his camera as bright as he possibly could since he often took it into dark places, he felt that since the creature had attacked his friends and such he wouldn't give it the courtesy of turning it off before he blinded them with it.

"Excellent, very good!" Yo said, as he checked out the picture he took of the creature.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Confrontation

Putting Yumiko and Yo's Boosts together, let's call this the Situational Aspect Making a Mess of Things!

Yumiko and Yo's attempts to interfere with this false Aizawa prove fruitless on their own, but random bullets and a flash of bright light put together do appear to agitate the creature even more than before. It hisses at you before continuing its ravings, aimed at the real deal. "So loving typical, isn't it? You're letting these punk kids barge into your place and destroy everything. That's your loving problem, you're a doormat."

Casually twirling her bat around to deflect bullets while moving towards Aizawa, she continues. "How many times do I have to repeat myself? The staff doesn't respect you, the students don't respect you, hell even your parents don't respect you. If anyone with any kind of confidence put out their cigarettes on you, you'd just sit there and awkwardly smile, as if to say 'yes sir may I have another?' like it doesn't even matter that you're worthless. Bottom line is, you have no spine, and no intention to grow one, so give me your damned body so I can be the you you want to be!"

Holding their hand out, a collection of pieces of both reflective and broken glass come together in the form of a softball-sized sphere that the false Aizawa tosses up a few times, feeling its heft. "I was going to tell you to move, country gal, but upon reflection, no pun intended, you're just as fuckin' stubborn as your accent implies. So how about you both eat glass for me?!" She tosses it up one last time before swinging it. The glass flies forward, the majority of shards flying out at Rumiko, whose body is doing a good job of covering the cowering Aizawa behind her, while others rebound at unusual angles and fly out towards the others.

Thanks to Rumiko's Defend, we'll narratively say Aizawa automatically avoids Shadow Aizawa's Home Run Wrecker attack. However, you're looking at needing to beat a 5 for Rumiko to be unscathed and a 2 for the others to be unharmed by shrapnel.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Rumiko Tsubasa: The Empress

Approaches:
Forceful +3 Careful +2, Quick +2 Clever +1, Sneaky +1 Flashy 0
Fate Points: 1/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences - | Stress -

Couldn't really dodge the blow, not with sensei right behind her. She heard the staccato of gunfire, but her whole world seemed to simplify, focus down to only the words from the parody of the kindly teacher, and the ball of shards that went up and down. She moved, teeth bared as her parents had always taught her to deal with things head on. She just had to step in, and grab the bat. Just reach forward and grab...

She was too slow. The ball exploded, and her entire world became hot, searing pain and the sound of her screaming as the leather gloves of her palm did nothing to shield it from taking the blast full on, smaller shards scoring marks all over her body. her tall form seemed to shrink as she fought to collapse against the pain. She looked at the palm, seeing her own masked face in the blood stained shards.

Forcefully Grab the Bat: 4dF+3 0 Gonna eat poo poo, like a proper Persona character before Awakening. Take a Minor Consequence 'Palm Cut up' and the third mark stress

She staggered. Was she endangering everyone again by being clueless? Was she just being a dumb country hick?

Don't doubt your ways, woman of soil and sweat. They are far older and more real than anything else.

The voice came out of nowhere, though it half seemed like the bloodstained reflection on the shards in her flesh seemed to look at her. The pain seemed to intensify, like a fire coursing through her body.

They made a fake world of plastic and glass, and pretend they are now above birth and death. And they wrote up little temporary rules and called everyone who doesn't play by them a fool. But yours are the rules that predate written law.

The fire seemed to grow only hotter, even as the pain lessened. The screaming started to sound like it came from a farther distance away. The voice, female, older, but familiar grabbed her full attention.

Life and Death, the Mother gives, nurtures and protects life, and the Mother destroys life and feeds on it to feed others. Let the other girls cling to childish things and play their games. Under their expensive clothes and painted faces they are flesh and blood, and they will know your laws in the end. You are turning into a woman grown, TAKE that strength, and USE IT! I AM THOU, THOU ART I, The Wood Calls us

There was a sudden clarity, and a complete lack of doubt. She realized she was still hunched over, holding her hands. Slowly, calmly, she squared her shoulders, raised her head to look the fake Aisawa-sensei in the eyes. "Yeah, I'm a country gal. Where I come from, we don't turn our head when good folks are in trouble. And we ain't afraid of gettin' out hands dirty." She held out her hand, showing the shards pressed into the skin.

"And it's gonna take more than some glass shards to get past it. So lemme tell it to ya straight, city woman, if ya can understand straight talk." And then she clenched her fist, hissing as pain and power flowered through her, and blood dripped in a steady pace on the ground. "I'm protectin' her, AND the dog, and my friends here. And if ye're too drat mule-headed to get that, I grew up on a farm, and I know how to deal with that kind of thing."

Her hand came to her mask and tore it off. "PERSONA!"

Underneath her, the blood suddenly darkened and moved, turning into a black mass that grew underneath her, taking a wet, fleshy colour, growing into a large creature that vaguely resembled a goat, if a goad was filled with extra mouths, eyes and tentacles all over its body. Already, small, satyr like creatures were falling off of it, only to be snatched and redevoured by the tentacles and maws. And on top of that, unhindered by mouths or tentacles and the leather of her outfit making it somewhat hard to say where the Persona ended and she began Rumiko sat and glared down at the Shadow imperiously.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Nov 23, 2017

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Those sure are words on pages which are given in a sequential order!
Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Clever +1 | Quick +2 | Flashy +3 | Forceful +2 | Sneaky +1 | Careful +0
Fate points: 0/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: -
Aspect:

Flasily Defend from shrapnel: 4dF+3 3

Using Mecha-Aizawa's body to block Yumiko's shower of shrapnel put's Shin in the perfect position to dodge the baseball shrapnel, kicking himself from the floor and off the nearby corner. This also put's him in the perfect position to see Rumiko eat a face full of glass. Ball and chain in hand, he has just enough time to wrap a length of chain around both hands before landing behind his enemy.

Quickly Attack Mecha-Aizawa: 4dF+2 4

"You don't touch my friends you BITCH!" he screams as he impacts the floor, the length of chain between both his fists just in front of Nega-Aizawas neck. With a quick hop up he puts both of his knees on her backs and PULLS with all his strength.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Flashily Defend from shrapnel: 4dF+2 3

Seka flinches, but is suddenly carried up by a twist of wind, Icarus' golden form flipping and turning with her as the shards of glass fly around her. It's rather pretty. She lands on her feet, shotgun leveled directly at the phantom Aizawa.

"Ha!"

Then she sees Rumiko's awakening, and her jaw drops as the black mass emerges into the world. It's creepy. It's terrifying. It's loving awesome.

"...Whoooo!" Seka pumps her fist. "You go, girl! Show that creepy horror what you're made of!"

Icarus hovers above the struggling Shin and Aizawa Shadow as Seka levels the gun again. Gotta be careful - don't wanna fill Shin full of buckshot. Or whatever this fired. Thankfully the chaos of the last few seconds had given her a decent vantage point.

Carefully Attack Shadow Aizawa: 4dF 0
Spending my last fate point to invoke Making a Mess of Things! for a reroll.
Carefully Attack Shadow Aizawa - reroll: 4dF -1

Maybe a shotgun was a bad idea, come to think of it.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Fate points: 4/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [X] []

Rolled a 0 to quickly dodge the glass shards.

Yumiko tries to drop in time to dodge the glass, but ends with her hair and face full of shards for her trouble. Luckily, she closed her eyes just in time, and on the ground, she wipes her face clean while yelling: "My skin! My beautiful skin is ruined!"

Blood gushes down her face, but as always with wounds to the forehead, it looks more dangerous than it is. Her make-up is totally ruined, though.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Confrontation

Seka, thankfully, just misses with the shrapnel.

"WHY?!"

Even as Shin begins his attempt to snap her neck, the false Aizawa manages to have room enough to speak. "Why do you keep refusing me? What possible reason could you have?! There's no one who actually cares about you on the other side, much less respects you. These kids, they don't even know your or your problems. They just think it's cool to play hero!" Bending their arms at an unnatural angle, they grab Shin and then slam him directly into the ground, where there's plenty of sharpnel laying around to make things worse.

Ohhhh jeez. Shin I'm gonna want you to beat a 6 to lessen the blow from the equivalent of getting chokeslammed onto thumbtacks.

"That's not true..." squeaks out the teacher, finally putting together some words.

"Oh? So you have a friend after all that even I don't know about? And who would that be? Who is it that's so important that they're keeping you from accepting a new, better life?" The Shadow pauses to stare right at Aizawa, through the hick girl.

"...Buddy-chan."

The Shadow looks over towards the dog, who upon making eye contact leaps at her and starts chewing at the neck as much as it can.

Buddy-chan has made situation Aspect! One of you, likely Yo or Yumiko as they get to act next, can freely invoke A Very Good Dog to have him somehow assist you in your efforts!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon
Fate points: 3/3 | Boosts: - | Consequences: - | Stress: [] [X] []

One hand on the bed, a second hand on the carpeted floor, and Yumiko hoists herself into a kneeling position. Blood trickles over her eyebrows, nose and down her mouth. She remembers pain, vaguely, as something that overcame other people. She hasn't scraped a knee or bruised herself since she was 11.

Holding her thumbs and index fingers in two L-shapes, the draws a box around the shapeshifter's head. Behind her, Ka-Ata-Killa spins a fastball-sized moon between her hands, and she lines up the shot between Yumiko's fingers.

It's looking at the dog.

It'll hit it from behind.

"Moon snipe!"

Ka-Ata-Killa propels the shot between Yumiko's fingers, and it hits the shapeshifter on the side of its head with a satisfying crunch. It's not dissimilar from a baseball hitting a pitcher's face, except without the helmet and more like a watermelon being his head.

Rolled a 7 in discord (+1 from the roll, +2 careful, +2 moon snipe, +1 free invocation of good doggy, +1 invocation for true form revealed)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

Set em up, knock 'em dead. Whilst Yumiko was preparing an attack, Yo was scooping up a shard of class off of the floor. As the monster stumbled forward from the back attack by Yumiko, Yo brandished the glass.

"This'll do, Momo let's give em the business." And crushed it between his fingers.

Momo flared, her ginger furred turned black and white, her legs extended as she transformed from cat into Persona. The Monster finished falling forward Cait Sith finished casting it's ability.

"How sad for you." Said Yo, as Cait Sith snapped it's fingers, little points of light appearing above the boss. "You activated our trap card."

Yo will cap off this all-out attacking by Flashily attacking the monster with light magic.

4dF+3: 3 [4dF=0, -1, 0, +1]

Reasonable

Myriad shafts of light perforated the body.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
The Show's Over

With a hole in its head and several new holes made in its body, something very primal wells up within you all. You can tell that they are as vulnerable as they could ever be, open to an attack from the lot of you. Engaging in this all-out attack upon them, what follows may as well just be called a big ball of violence and destruction. When the dust clears, the creature has all but one thing to say, its one eye gazed upon Aizawa. "B-but you need me...!" With a spectacular explosion, there is naught that remains of the creature but a shower of ashes and yen notes, as well as a singular white coin, not of any type of currency you know of, simply emblazoned with the symbol of a butterfly on one end and...something that resembles the creature Rumiko summoned not even two minutes ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Aizawa looks back at you and sighs in deep relief. "...You all and I need to talk about this. Over coffee. After this nap." She closes her eyes, rather obviously passed out based on the sleeping noises she's making now. 'Buddy-chan' trots on over to her and begins licking her face before nudging her onto his back. The demon dog brings her towards you, tail wagging, and has an expectant expression on its face.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Rolled a 2. Gonna take the first and third stress slot

'poo poo. poo poo. poo poo. poo poo ' Is the only thing going through Shins mind as the floor rapidly approaches him. He has just enough foresight to move his face enough to keep from an eyeful of shrapnel before becoming more intimately acquainted with the ground.

He... awakes to the sound of giggling.

Oh man, he ate poo poo just there haha.

There's an... Emptiness, where someone should be talking but isn't.

I know Bro! Stubborn little bastard; wiry too. Like a certain little brother I could name

The empty voice is annoyed, but good humoured. It's there and then it's not.

You kidding yourself? Feel it Bro, this is my gig. Yo pal!

For the first time, it feels like the voice is addressing him.

Time to wake yourself up friend. To many fine lads and lasses about to have your finale be a nap. You gotta give this metal excuse an introduction to the dirt. I'm Hunahpu, he's Xbalanque, but he don't matter to much right now. Kidding Bro

The voice and the emptiness were a few seconds from another fight. Before they started, the voice... Hunahpu shouted You still sleeping? Get up!

Shin opened his eyes, just in time to be blinded by Yo's attack. Not to be outdone, he leaps into the air, grabs evil Aizawa by the scruff of her neck and slams her face where his own was just seconds ago. Using the force of the blow, he throws himself out of the way yelling "Tag out" as he flies.

- - - - -

With that the dust is cleared, the damsels no longer in distress, good boys are being best friends, and there's a whole lot of money on the ground.

"Who's a good little demon puppy" his gabs out in baby talk, playing with Buddy. "So, I think I have one of those Personas as well now. Anyone with any clue what that was all about?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka shivers as the adrenaline works its way out of her system.

"That was AWESOME!" She fist-pumps and hi-fives Yumi. They did it! Their first... mission! Thingy! Maybe! Well they saved their teacher so who cares! And now Shin and Rumiko have their personas! Although Rumi's way of summoning hers was different to her and Yumi...

Oh well, probably not worth

"Okay, everyone..." She kneels next to Shin to aid in doggo petting. "Shin, Rumi, you have personas now. They're wicked sick. Trust me. You'll get used to them. Uh, next step, we need to get Aizawa back to our world and back into her home. I don't know if the app can carry her back with us, but it's worth a shot. Then we..."

She stops. What would she do after that? She'd fought a weird evil version of her homeroom teacher. What did people do after doing that? Anime hadn't prepared her for this. Did she just go back to being Seka Kuroda, lovely delinquent?

"We wing it from there," she finished. "Sound good?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Approaches:

She is prepared for a hard fight, but she wasn't quite prepared for... well, that. But then, she didn't fight alone, did she? Shub Niggurath seemed to vanish again, but, not... quite completely. Not like there was something new in her head, more a door opened she had held closed. She still felt... angry... This was not.. how she was supposed to be right? By whom? The deep, soul-searching questions were interrupted by some concenrs like Aizawa-sensei and, well, her hand.

She nods at Seka. "I don't think my persona is sick, it is supposed to look that way I feel. But thanks." She looked at it. "Well, it seemed to work yesterday when Harada-san took Seka-san back home yesterday. Perhaps we can just do that again One or two of ya move back and take her along, some of us stay here in case she doesn't come back with ya?"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Yumiko answers Seka's hi-five and jumps up and down on the spot, giddy from the adrenaline rush. "Ow, ow", she says, "my head actually really hurts from that glass. And my make up is ruiiiined."

She sighs and moves over to Aizawa-san, gently brushing Buddy out of the way. "Good plan, Rumi. Seka, wanna help me get sensei back home? Actually, would I still be wounded in the real world? Ugh. I just want to take a shower and bandage this up."

Holding up Aizawa under one arm, hopefully with Seka helping her out, Yumiko gives Rumiko a thumbs up and says "Oh, by the way, you can use my first name. You're all right." Then, she presses the button on her phone to turn back to the real world.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

Seka frowns at Rumiko's response. "What? No, I didn't mean they were physically ill. Have you not heard - eh, forget it."

She moves to help Yumi prop Aizawa up. "Sure. I think there's a messaging thing on the app - we'll try that to let you know if texting and stuff doesn't work."

Then she hears Yumi say that Rumiko can use her first name, but doesn't get a chance to open her mouth and go "wait, what?" before she's whisked back to the real world alongside Yumi.

---

Back in the real world. Seka opens her eyes and finds herself in Aizawa's residence. Suffice to say, it's not the trashed bullet-ridden hole that the shadow version had become. She looks around quickly and finds Aizawa and Yumi have, thankfully, come with her and not been scattered to the aether either. Phew! Still needed to get used to the teleporting.

"Oh, good. Right, okay, uh..." Quick, you're in charge. Do in-charge things, right? Seka quickly locates a futon and, with the help of Yumi, wobbles Aizawa over to lie the teacher down on it.

"Uh, is she okay? No fevers or anything? Helloooo? Aizawa-Sensei?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Reality

Having gotten out of the rather oppressive atmosphere of the other side, the first thing that hits you is the genuine sunlight pouring in through Aizawa's master bedroom window. One can actually see the sky again. Time has moved a bit less than one would have expected it to move considering the time spent. Still, one can see her lawn, as well as the rest of the neighborhood, and know for certain that they are firmly back on the other side. Speaking of things on the other side, the next few sounds that call your attention are the beeping of a filled answering machine and the barking of a familiar dog that has sensed someone inside its owner's home.

Aizawa herself remains in a rather exhausted stupor, not quite asleep, but not awake enough to make conversation beyond "Mmmmnn?" in response to being questioned. The phone app has denoted that her home, as well as the neighboring houses, seem to be clearing up as far as the Bad Stuff-o-meter is concerned. It also has put a small white flag on top of the building. A small message pops up when one touches the flag.

code:
Aizawa residence: Clear! Snatcher destroyed, Destiny Token collected.
The description of the Destiny Token, now in your own inventories, is similarly short.

code:
Proof of a duty complete. Speak to Igor at the Velvet Room or Wilbur at the Dunwich Building for more information.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"Okay, she probably just needs to sleep it off. Good."

Seka pulls out her phone briefly and frowns at the message. None of that is any help right now. She shoves the phone back into her pocket and looks up at the ceiling for a moment, considering her next move.

"Someone's gonna have to stay and make sure some snatcher things don't try again, right?" She turns to the others. "I'm willing to stay. Dad's not gonna miss my sorry rear end."

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Shin surreptitiously move over to the front door to let the hero of the hour in. “Heeeeeeey pupster!”

That most important task finished, the group can move freely move on to other tasks.

“Destiny Token, Velvet Room, Dunwich Building… Did this… game come with a manual or something? Jeez. What even is the time?” Shin looks around, trying to find a clock before remembering he just got his phone out to check the message. “Yeah, I doubt having 5 kids in her house is going to have much of a calming effect for Sensei when she gets up.”

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"Oh, we should put Aizawa-sensei in bed. I selflessly volunteer to keep Seka some company in case things go south again!"

Yumiko wrote a text home on her phone to tell her parents she was sleeping over with friends, then went through Aizawa's DVD collection to plunder some good films for tonight.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"I mean, yeah. Y'all got stuff to do. But like I said, I'm cool to stay."

Seka smiles as Yumi flicks through Aizawa's DVDs. Always could depend on Yumi to have your back.

"Anything good in there, Yumi?"

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"It's... It's weird, Seka. Nothing but DVD sets about trains going through landscapes." A trip through the Alps, a trip through the Japanese Alps, trains along the Tokaido, the historical Orient Express... Just dozens upon dozens of hours of DVDs that are, at best, destined for television displays at electronics stores, and at worst some kind of locomotive obsession.

Is Aizawa some sort of train otaku?

"I'm uh... I'll go and look around for something more interesting."

And with that, Yumiko started pillaging Aizawa's living room, bedroom and closets, searching for a diary or perhaps some indication of who could be tormenting her like this at work. Poor sensei was clearly under pressure, and too much of a weakling to accept help even if it were offered to her.

"Sorry, Aizawa-sensei... It's for your own good," Yumiko whispered to herself as she pilfered the nightstand next to her bed.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"I'm gonna take a guess an' say those two have somethin' to do with that Chaos and Law thing that foreigner with the guns was talkin' about. Igor sounds a bit Russian, Wilbur is probably an American or Russian or something?" She says, trying to figure out which one is which." As the Yumiko/Seka pair lodges itself in the teacher's house, Rumiko nods. "Alright, just behave yourselves, right? Two of you are guests, savin' lives or not. Don't do nothin' improper. She's had a hard enough day."

Of course, all that was said before she left with the others. "So, we waitin' for another day so we can all go together? Or do we go see one of 'em now. Kinda thinkin' I wanna visit both of them to hear what kind of war this is, and what these Snatcher's got to do with it."

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Rooting through the Room

The nightstand has several self-help books and stress-relief tools. Those jangly metal balls you hold in your hand, a squishy toy, a fidget spinner, and a box of dog treats. Speaking of which, the dog in question, a Border Collie of vague similarity to the dog in the other world, comes rushing in towards its master, leaping onto the bed and licking her face over and over. At a lack of reaction, the dog seems to treat this as though Aizawa is asleep, and parks itself firmly around her feet, curling up on the bed.

The answering machine on the nightstand, when interacted with, goes through a very long series of messages. They begin with a member of the teaching staff, indistinct from the entire teaching body but definitely recognizable as from the school, telling Aizawa to stop taking things so hard. As the new teacher, or, well, newest non-minority teacher, it's customary to have to earn your respect by taking some lumps, and storming out of the lounge in tears is hardly a sign that you can handle the job. And for the love of God stop trying to contact Chairman Takanaka, just because he's the Education chair for the school district doesn't mean he has time to listen to you whine about things. Additional messages to that effect go on from other a few choice members of the staff, though most of them seem to be homeroom teachers.

Towards the end of the afternoon is a message from someone who is, apparently, Aizawa-san's brother, claiming that they struck out at the parlor again and needed another 5000 yen to keep their tabs paid for, so they took it, knowing she won't mind. Once the date of the messages moves on to today, the messages from the staff change their tone. There's a slight bit of concern to their voices as they're unsure if Aizawa is not in attendance due to illness or because she's too busy sulking to deal with life, though it remains firmly in the realm of "stop crying and get over it."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

code:
Proof of a duty complete. Speak to Igor at the Velvet Room or Wilbur at the Dunwich Building for more information.
Yo looked inquisitively at the message on his phone, as letting her heckles settle down Tomo returned to her base form of a fussy kitten and made her home in his bag. He held his chin in a continued 'Hmmmm' pose, and then he walked over to what he would assume to be the exploration party with Shin and Rumiko.

"Well, I know of three 'Velvet Rooms' in this town, one is a cafe, one is a vinyl record store and the third I wasn't allowed to go inside but looked super sketchy. But I suspect this is a different Velvet Room that this game is talking about." He panned across the map and put a finger directly on a large-ish building, the tag 'Dunwich City Library' popped up on the screen. "However I know exactly where this place is and how to get inside." He looked up at his teammates.

"It's not too far from here actually, we can be in and out before the dust has time to settle and back home to our real life stuff how about it?" Yo looked incredibly excited even amongst all the strangeness that had been happening. This is the kind of thing he enjoyed doing anyway, getting inside creepy and abandoned structures to pursue his personal passion and now he was going to be doing it with friends perhaps!

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jan 25, 2018

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

With Buddy all settled up and Seka and Yumiko volunteering for watchmen duty, there's not to much for Shin left to do until Sensei wakes up.

"I'll come with you dude. Got to figure out as much as possible before we run into someone else who's gotten...snatched? But yeah, Dunwich is a good start."

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Well then I'm comin' too. I wanna know what all this is about."

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

Yo grinned widely as he put his phone away into his pocket. "Great! Well let's be about it then!" With teammates in tow, he would lead the way towards the Dunwich building.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

Before the trio leaves, Yumiko yells: "whoa, keep us updated! Give me a call if you need anything or find out some interesting details, and we can play mission control for you guys!"

Then, she jumps into the living room couch, reaches for her phone and checks Pizza Hat's website. "I'm thinking a large pepperoni, cheezy crust. You want a pizza as well? Besides," she derailed before Seka answered, "I feel super bad about sensei an' stuff. I never thought the other teaches would be such jerks to her. And I think her brother might be extorting money with sob stories! Whaddaya think?"

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Dunwich City Library

Entering through the old, wooden double doors, the first thing that hits you as you enter is the lack of light within the building itself. The old Western-style stonework seems to have kept up reasonably well, although the same cannot be said for the now-rotting desks and empty bookshelves that litter the walls and halls of this three-story building. Even with the lights from your phones, there's obvious blind spots in your vision where one will often hear a small rustling, or catch a glimpse of something, perhaps an insect or a lizard of some kind, slipping just out of the range of the light. Of course, to Yo, this is nothing new, and child's play considering it's the first floor of two, plus a basement that was only discovered after being abandoned by spook enthusiasts, who feel an otherworldly presence and hear the whispers of...something, trying to speak to them as they explore it.

Should you ever look back at the app within your phone, the building seems to be the correct location, based on the fact that it has a coin symbol above it within the app matching with one side of the coin you had picked up. Tapping on it gives a short paragraph of descriptive text.

code:
Dunwich Building.
As all competitions must have two sides, so too must each side have a presence within the playing field.
Wilbur, doorkeep to the Deep One's Altar, resides within the underground confines of this abandoned library.

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

“Yo, was this place always so… lovely?” Judging by his demeanour, this is nothing new to Yo. Still, this place was a tetanus shot waiting to happen. Gingerly, with what little light his phone could provide, Shin steps forward between the desks using his feet to shuffle away the rotted paper littering the floor.

“Underground confines, huh?” He mostly whispers to himself. Unable to find a staircase and slightly unwilling to go any further in, he turns back to Rumiko and Yo and asks. “So, you’re the expert Yo. Which way?”

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Alrighty, follow me and mind the floor there's a lot of old detritus about." He beckoned down an empty passageway for them to follow and led the way.

"As to your first question, this used to be the offices for some big old oil drilling company back in the day, turned into a library when the oil and money dried off and then was sorta left." Yo spoke as he clambered hoods way over old collapsed bookcases and toed away the occasional errant dust bunny.

"You know how it is, you can spend the money on some shiny new apartments and roads and stuff, or you prop up an old building that no one goes into or cares about and no one is paying you tax for." Wordlessly on instinct, he stepped to the side as dust fell from the ceiling, shifted by some disturbed birds.

"It's too new to be considered a heritage site and too old to repair without a great expense but leaving it to molder and putting a 'please do not enter' sign on it costs nothing." As he said this he was navigating his way towards the one door in the place that looked strangely new in such a dilapidated building.

"They even stopped putting locks on the door after a while 'cus people broke in anyway. Except this door." He tapped on the door. "Apparently they just walled over this door when the oil people moved out and everyone sorta forgot about it until someone knocked the wall down."

He looked at the door, truth be told as the person who had been into every spooky haunt and ghostly hot spot he didn't have an answer as to why he didn't enter the Dunwich Building's creepy basement. Something in his gut told him to save it for later, he didn't know why it was just, a feeling of uncertainty that he was greatly unused to.

Well later had come, he pulled a torch out of his bag and opened the door. "Well... At least the stairs are still here, that's a relief. You both ready for this?" He said turning back to them.

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 7, 2018

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"...extortion?"

Seka looks up at Yumi with tiny fires in her eyes.

"Her brother is extorting her?"

She stands up, fists balled, knuckles white.

"...I'll have pepperoni too, thanks!" She walks over and plops down next to Yumi. "Also, we're gonna bust them up, right? Stop the teachers from picking on her and all that?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Approaches:

"Let's go get some answers." Rumiko said with a determined look. "I wonder who these Deep Ones are whose altar it is, and why they need a doorkeeper?"

OscarDiggs
Jun 1, 2011

Shin Soichi, Strength
Approaches
Aspect:

Shin whistles. "Wow. Ask a stupid question, get a detailed and thoughtful answer, I guess!"

At Rumiko's urging, Shin turns back to Yo. "You heard the lady. Time to get some answers. Want to lead the way, Boss?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Yo Kobayashi, The Hermit
Approaches:

"Alrighty then!" He turned back towards and shone a light down into the murky depthsm he paused putting a hand on his chin contemplativly. "Stone stairs, they don't match the architecture, was this place built on top of something?" He shrugged, the question can wait he has a job to do.

He carefully led the party down into the darkness.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Yumiko Harada, The Moon

"We should... But how? I think we should look into the other teachers' behavior first? At least we can rummage and ask around at school without attracting too much attention. But her brother... It'll get sus really quickly. Do you think there's a lot of Aizawas around here?"

Yumiko flips open her phone and orders the pepperonis. Then, she skims Linkedin and Facebook, trying to narrow down the Aizawa-sans living nearby and being around sensei's age. Perhaps I should spend a Fate Point for this doxxing action?

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Doxxing 101

Looking through your teacher's own page, it's rather obvious who your target is. A Shuuichi Aizawa, age 37, stubble, slicked-back hair, perpetually wearing some kind of old coat, usually pictured rabblerousing at a bar or nightclub. Seems to live at an apartment building across town, given the amount of postings about how much their landlord is a drag. Their most recent posts seem to be sighs about trying to find employment because 'all the old money springs are drying up or biting back hard.' Prior to that, a great amount of the posts are reviews of various brands of alcohol and after-work selfies with friends.

Dunwich Depths

Dark, stuffy, and wet. Those are the three words that best describe what is beyond the door when the group steps through. Gone is the stonework of an earlier era, replaced with a cave system that drips with what can only be assumed to be stagnant water filtering through the soil. The sounds that implied some form of life magnify within, and the shadows dance almost unnaturally. The most prominent sound, however, is one of writing and the shuffling of papers from further within.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Seka Kuroda

"This dude sucks. Alcohol reviews? Ugh, what a loser. He looks like a total sleazeball."

Seka is peering over Yumi's shoulder. She sighs and rests her chin on Yumi's shoulder, eyes focused on Shuuichi's photos.

"Looks like he got fired, I bet. Do we wanna deal with him first, or the teachers? Might be easier to do the teachers since we go to school and all. Would rather be expelled, then arrested, than the other way around. Right, Yumi?"

• Locked thread