Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Arkanomen posted:

I think pulling out this trump card is the best shot we have of clearing up a lot of opposition quickly.

I disagree.

Demonic Agents of Chaos are just that, Chaotic.

We're making a hell of a psionic racket, so who's to say Gorgon isn't already here or at least aware of the situation.

You're basing your Trump Card (and God do I loath using that word right now) on certain assumptions that I don't find particularly valid; they may apply to rational beings, perhaps. Do they carry the same weight with beings like Anna and Gorgon? You willing to needlessly add more risk to this situation to find out?

Arkanomen posted:

We call in Gorgon the situation changes. Either Anna join us to fight the common enemy or we all die.

Or, maybe they feast on all of us together. Demonic agents of chaos,;how are you so sure that its 'Join or Die' for Anna?

Arkanomen posted:

I'm banking on Anna's refusal to die. She's already accepted being chained to one being, so we can reasonably assume she will accept folding on a bad hand rather than playing it out.

I don't find this a reasonable assumption at all. Perhaps death is preferable to her than further bondage? She sold her soul to an Acheronic God for power, what do we have to offer her to be bound to us right now?

'Pretty please just get with the Program, because?'

There's no guarantee we will even be able to bind her, which is why she's fighting. She willingly accepted her first 'chain' as a Faustian bargain.

Arkanomen posted:

We also then force the confrontation with Gorgon, something we will have to do anyway. The longer we wait the stronger Gorgon gets.

Right, so, rather than prepare for that Gorgon battle and attempt to fight it on our own terms, we just willy nilly force it now, when we're already weakened and expended irreplaceable resources?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

:magical: Oh god my idea is going so terribly. I really feel like part of the thread now.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Throwing anything to do with Gorgon in to this mix is a terrible bad idea and should not be considered!

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Karia posted:

:magical: Oh god my idea is going so terribly. I really feel like part of the thread now.

Welcome Home, Brother. :ocelot: :)

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Its a fair counter argument. I'm mostly just advocating to take a bigger gamble than trying to chain Anna because I think it will force Anna to accept binding.

She can't fight Gorgon and the binding at the same time. She also does not want to destroy us as we are critical to her plans. So I don't think they would go for us first, we are pretty much helpless and inconsequential in the moment, save the knights and Fabiyan.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
On the plus side we've discovered a lovely nuke. Don't like a planet? Just turn on the demon naming computer in capital square with some poor psyker hooked up.

On the minus side we've discovered it by setting it off while standing next to it while being bombarded by anti-ship weaponry. So par for the course.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Ok so Ohone according to the first ten pages, we came up with the name Ohone,by Dio, for short because binary names are long.

Our birth name is still up for grabs unless Loel decided he already chose it, (Anna) and didn't tell us.

So I'm asking Loel, what was Ohone's original birth name and can we try saying to use see what if anything that'll do here.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Arkanomen posted:

Its a fair counter argument. I'm mostly just advocating to take a bigger gamble than trying to chain Anna because I think it will force Anna to accept binding.

Its cool. Coherent, meaningful discourse is a good thing. Reasonable people can agree to see things differently; its a necessary part of a vibrant, independent community.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Toughy posted:

Funny idea try our original name before becoming a tech priest, maybe see our feral self show up hahahaha

The only person that FeralOhone is equipped to fight here is you :v:

Karia posted:

Welcome :D

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

command anna to yield

ark

not ark plan

courvalant
gwahir

fabs

cat herder

feral self

toughy

Still kind of scattered on what to do :D

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

I just want you to say our birth name from before we were a tech priest

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Voting "What the hell is going on here?! I leave for 3 days and you all start spouting craziness not seen since right after the first nuke!"

Er...

Voting Call Fabiyan to help steady the Grey Knights and clean up the demons. Also, Don't say our own name. That would be idiotic while trying to bind a demon such as Anna. Maybe later.

And for good measure, order the 4 demons we've bound to attack Anna's retinue.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Toughy posted:

I just want you to say our birth name from before we were a tech priest

Mina Harker

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Loel posted:

Mina Harker

Huh. Kay.

Yeah don't yell out our birth name in front of who knows how many demons. That is a Bad Idea.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

mepstein73 posted:

Voting "What the hell is going on here?! I leave for 3 days and you all start spouting craziness not seen since right after the first nuke!"

Er...

Voting Call Fabiyan to help steady the Grey Knights and clean up the demons. Also, Don't say our own name. That would be idiotic while trying to bind a demon such as Anna. Maybe later.

And for good measure, order the 4 demons we've bound to attack Anna's retinue.

Down for this.

Loel posted:

Mina Harker

:thunk:

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Loel posted:

Mina Harker

Thanks!! Plan Fabiyan

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Our mom is Carmilla, the classic Vampire poem. Mina Harker is one of the female characters from the book it influenced, Dracula

:v:

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

I've got a better idea, Ark. We don't threaten Anna with Gorgon. We threaten her with our pet god: If Anna doesn't heel, tell Loki to throw us all into the black hole. Anna could probably manipulate Gorgon, but there's no way she can control the Great Consumer, He Who Hungers in the Black, Our Holey Buddy the Devourer of Terra. Worst case scenario, we get to jump ahead a couple steps in Ark's plan to throw down with the Light Thirster (I'm having too much fun with these.)

I'm going all in on this bat-poo poo insanity thing.

but no seriously don't listen to me do the Fabiyan thing

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I'm fully down with the threat to hurl everything into the singularity.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Loel posted:

Still kind of scattered on what to do :D

Call Fabs, and, Continue to Brute Force around the 'Vanity' pillar

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

edit: gently caress, I should've hit f5.

Anyway let's definitely not gently caress around with our own Name right now. Let's see what Fabs is up to and if he can help.

and no summoning Gorgon, ffs.

cat_herder fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jan 26, 2018

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Husbando to the rescue!

And no more summoning than the insanity we're already doing. Also maybe we should announce to the various demons that this is now Ohone Konichev's BattleGrounds and the winner gets a special prize: Chicken Dinner.

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

SpookyLizard posted:

Husbando to the rescue!

And no more summoning than the insanity we're already doing. Also maybe we should announce to the various demons that this is now Ohone Konichev's BattleGrounds and the winner gets a special prize: Chicken Dinner.

welcome to the Battle Royale, motherfuckers

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Devotion

The strength of Acheron - indeed, one of its core principles - is change. Potential outcomes, rerolling your odds, seeing what might have been and could be. Even as the creatures of Acheron focused on one aspect or another - lust, violence, comfort - they just as constantly changed what the focus of that aspect was. Violence against others just as easily become violence towards the self.

Around you, the millions of possibilties spun and swirled, an endless storm within Edourd's mind. Millions of daimons summoned and vanished just as quickly, as if they never were. The only constant was the change, the ever-shifting vortex. When people or ships ended here by accident or sabotage, they quickly went insane, their bodies and minds twisting under the pressure to be something, anything else.
Fabiyan didn't have that problem. He shone like a descending star.

Around him, the oceans stilled and the skies went quiet. All the tormented mutterings of potentiality wilted at his prescence, and for a moment he seemed to be the giant, and Anna the child's plaything - as dangerous as a child's imagination. Reality shifted, strained as she brought it back under her will, but the area around him remained as stable as ever.

She towered above both of you, but there was something about her expression. Perhaps a very real fear.

He landed next to you, molten bones spread from his back as skeletal wings, and you knew without a doubt that he was the realest thing there - something even your notorious stubborness could not fight against. In his hands, simple weapons - gun and sword - formed of pure certainty. Then he did that almost-smile you loved.

"Heard you might like some help."

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Give him a big ol kiss.

Then Limosa focus on getting Edouard out and into a soul containment vessel.

Grey Knights continue to run defense on Ohone.

Ohone completes the Binding while commanding Anna to submit with every command phrase the family has while also ordering the daimons to continue harassing Anna.

Fabs goes on smack down.

Blackfinger keeps shooting and never stop.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?
"Happy Anniversary, my Dearest Commissar; I bet you thought I forgot.

I hope you like your present, please do try to keep her in the box, as it maintains the overall value."

Arkanomen posted:

Give him a big ol kiss.

Sure, why not.

Arkanomen posted:

Then Limosa focus on getting Edouard out and into a soul containment vessel.

I thought Eddie was the cage for Anna?

Arkanomen posted:

Grey Knights continue to run defense on Ohone.

Sure.

Arkanomen posted:

Ohone completes the Binding while commanding Anna to submit with every command phrase the family has while also ordering the daimons to continue harassing Anna.

I thought we were still brute forcing around 'Vanity'?

Arkanomen posted:

Fabs goes on smack down.

Sure; why are his wings skeletal? Should we worry about that?

Arkanomen posted:

Blackfinger keeps shooting and never stop.

Can we have him shoot at Anna only?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

CourValant posted:

Can we have him shoot at Anna only?

An interesting idea. If I may make a counterpoint: did you forget which thread this is? Have Blackfinger shoot only at us. Anna will never expect it.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Karia posted:

An interesting idea. If I may make a counterpoint: did you forget which thread this is? Have Blackfinger shoot only at us. Anna will never expect it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

CourValant posted:

Sure; why are his wings skeletal? Should we worry about that?

Been that way for a while, ever since he had his crisis of Faith.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

This is just like our honeymoon

You kissed him gently, taking your time. “I might, at that.”

You could feel the daimons watching, your external sensors keeping half an eye on them as they slowly walked around you, wolves unsure if they were up to the task. The two targets kissing, clearly they are vulnerable … no, that’s what they want us to think. Clearly, a trap. Wait it out, look for the opportunity to strike.

So you took your time with the kiss.

Analyzing the Unwise had taken a more distant position, while Scouring and Engulf the Meek were closer. Not that you thought you could ever be considered meek. Hah. And Abyssal Scar was between the two groups, even as they slowly circled, circled.

Above you, around you, Anna continued her war with the Knights, and around you, the storm that was Edourd spat and hissed.

You met Fabiyan’s eyes one more time, briefly, and that’s when they struck.

Scouring moved with inhuman speed, afterimages blurring where he had once been. That was fair enough, you had some small part of greed in your soul. Fabiyan had already intercepted him, gun leveled in one smooth motion, emptied the clip. It was already dodging, you saw ragged tears of flesh from the graze, it was running headlong into Fabiyan’s sword.

You didn’t have time to track it further, Engulf the Meek was already on you like in a flood of molasses, flowing around your defenses as if they weren’t even there, seeking the crevices in your armor, the gaps to reach the power sources. You could feel the desperate fondling, liquid energy attempting to subvert and deform all that you were.

What do you do?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

EMBRACE ETERNITY

but more seriously, Ohone is a blunt instrument, a stubborn, aggressive personality. Embrace our entitlement, assertiveness, imperiousness and arrogance and focus it all into our hands, then cast Engulfs the Meek off like a potato sack that has no place anywhere near us let alone touching or inside us.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 7, 2018

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Backhand This pathetic creature back to the void. It has no power over us

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

You know who sounds meek? That wimp Analyzing the Unwise, standing back rather than charging in like a real daimon. Throw Engulf the Meek at Analyzing the Unwise and let it fondle away.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

All three of your ideas are compatible and they all sound rad

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Karia posted:

You know who sounds meek? That wimp Analyzing the Unwise, standing back rather than charging in like a real daimon. Throw Engulf the Meek at Analyzing the Unwise and let it fondle away.

This one, also start kiting demons onto Anna

Our brute-force Namer has to have found 3 true names for some of these demons, meaning we now control them. Get the ones we control to force/trick/whatever more demons into stampeding at Anna.

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.

Butt Discussin posted:

This one, also start kiting demons onto Anna

Read this as "knitting demons into Anna" and was like oh hell yeah. And then was disappointed.

That said, we're being enveloped right now by something that engulfs the meek, makes it part of itself? WE ARE OLD HATS AT THIS. Remember the Abrogates? The penal legions we created at the start of arc 2? Uniting the remains of the galaxy post-Terra? This is us. We will engulf the engulfer.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

mepstein73 posted:

Read this as "knitting demons into Anna" and was like oh hell yeah. And then was disappointed.

Also good if possible. Just start stapling more demons on there until its true name is Legion.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Analyzing the Unwise

Many years ago, in the time of your youth, you encountered a medium size daimon - Abraxus. It was a nasty thing, capable of killing a thousand mercenaries with a smile, but you killed it anyway. Banished into a vat of processing chemicals, after shooting and stabbing it a bunch of times. It was, essentially, a metaphor for how you approached life.

You were not, in any way, meek.

It fell away from you, like water sloughing off like oil. You were not a psyker, by any means, but in this place will was reality. And you were, if nothing else, strong willed. The slime that was Engulf the Meek fled from you, and you forced it towards the smiling figure in the back. Analyzing the Unwise, who suddenly had a lot more to worry about.

They weren’t responding to your commands explicitly - apparently the brute-force machine could summon them, but not bind them the way a human sorceror would. Still, it would be enough for your goal - find Anna’s Name - and your will alone could bend a few of them to your desires. Engulf and Analyze were already attacking each other like cats in a bag, and Fabiyan had finished chopping Scouring into mince.

You smiled at the remaining one. Abyssal Scar. “Surely you didn’t think that was enough?”

The creature smiled back, a gaping maw torn across its face. No. A gesture. But you are helping me get more.

Every moment, a thousand more daimons died. Every moment, another daimon lived long enough to fight. You knew their Names.

Blue Meteor Vanquishes the Unfaithful. Gilded Comet Ends the Repentant. Red Crown Scorches the Virtuous. And Frozen Storm Purges the Unfortunate.

In the distance, Black Crown of the Horizon and Burning Storm had been accompanied by one more.

Shining Scar Breaks Reality

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

mepstein73 posted:

That said, we're being enveloped right now by something that engulfs the meek, makes it part of itself? WE ARE OLD HATS AT THIS. Remember the Abrogates? The penal legions we created at the start of arc 2? Uniting the remains of the galaxy post-Terra? This is us. We will engulf the engulfer.

... Oh drat, now I'm torn because that's also rad as all hell. Though I'm still not sure about embracing Acheron, that seems potentially... chaotic.

Also:

mepstein73 posted:

"knitting demons into Anna"

WE ARE OLD HATS AT THIS.

If this was deliberate you're my hero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Karia posted:

If this was deliberate you're my hero.

I contain multitudes.