Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I've updated the last post in the OP, is there a good playlist of Dragula Season One that someone can recommend or is Amazon the best option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I've updated the last post in the OP, is there a good playlist of Dragula Season One that someone can recommend or is Amazon the best option?

Thanks for that update! Amazon Prime is the only good source I know of for S1.

Regarding Dragula: I’m up to S2 E6 and while I recommend it because it offers a very different form of drag than Drag Race (plus I appreciate the Boulet Brothers’ more straightforward critiques), be aware it does not shy away from some potentially triggering and downright disgusting moments during performances and eliminations. The tenants of Dragula are “glamour, filth, and horror” and you will absolutely get all three. From the first episode there are bugs and live ‘burials’ and in top three someone purposely vomits on stage and licks it up. The big NOPE Pinwiz11 is referring to in S2 E1 involves piercing needles. If the fear factor sort of stuff is too much I think Raven and Kim Chi Raja have done videos on the Dragula queen’s looks, so at least you can see part of why these ghouls make us gag.

All that aside, the Boulet’s manservant, Israel, is very nice on the eyes. Plus he gets some familiar help in S2.

Know that S1 is much more low-budget, although in some ways I think it was more charming for it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jan 24, 2018

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

So is there any word on where and when we can watch untucked? Is it VH1 exclusive? Will it be released to YouTube?

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I think Raven and Kim Chi have done videos on the Dragula queen’s looks

Say what?!

*sound of tires squeeling as I roar off to watch*

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Dear Prudence posted:

Say what?!

*sound of tires squeeling as I roar off to watch*

Oh, that's right. season 1 had a whole FFR series about the looks. I watched the whole thing before I watched the show now that I think about it

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

CHiRAL posted:

Oh, that's right. season 1 had a whole FFR series about the looks. I watched the whole thing before I watched the show now that I think about it

Now that the daystar is out *hiss* I got my wires crossed. Kim Chi did do at least one MUG video with Vander Von Odd, and there’s other Dragula bits and bobs on WOW Presents. I encountered a few contestants via Transformations prior to watching Dragula. I’ve not watched these yet but there’s also a “House of GOREgeous” YT channel with S2 “bouviews” hosted by S2 contestant Kendra Onixxx accompanied by Gia Ferrari.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Dear Prudence posted:

So is there any word on where and when we can watch untucked? Is it VH1 exclusive? Will it be released to YouTube?

If you're in Canada it airs right after/goes on OUTTv GO right after airing.

If you're in the states I think? it's might be on TV again but is probably still stuck going up next day on YouTube.

e: i think there was an announcement about Untucked going back to TV in the states but I can't remember lel

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Man, a ton of Thorgy hate going around here. I'm all for Ben and Trixie personally, but still.

Didn't Thorgy come in second place in like, four or five different challenges?
I think the story would be way different if Bob hadn't been there to eat her lunch.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Poulpe posted:

Man, a ton of Thorgy hate going around here. I'm all for Ben and Trixie personally, but still.

I think the story would be way different if Bob hadn't been there to eat her lunch.

I feel like Bob really only ate her lunch in that one Empire(?) thing.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I dislike Thorgy, I find her extremely obnoxious and hope she goes home early and falls in a mud puddle.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

If I can get a Thorgy moment like her 70s jumpsuit I'll be happy.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Poulpe posted:

Yeah, I've said it before. If Bob wasn't there, Thorgy would have been in the final 3 for sure. She came second a lot. The problem was that they did a similar thing, but Bob always did it just that much better. So Thorgy got disheartened, got too in her own head, and spiraled out of control.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Thorgy's boring. she touts herself as being "arty" and "out there" and "zany" but she's so middle of the road in nearly every regard.

her drag isn't pretty enough to be glam, her antics aren't funny enough to crush comedy, she's not high-concept enough to be a club queen. i'd love it if she leaned more into her music stuff but she doesn't really seem to to sing?

like she has a bubbly personality and is for sure a worker, but unless she brings something beyond her a-game this season, she's doomed

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader

Nihonniboku posted:

Yeah, I've said it before. If Bob wasn't there, Thorgy would have been in the final 3 for sure. She came second a lot. The problem was that they did a similar thing, but Bob always did it just that much better. So Thorgy got disheartened, got too in her own head, and spiraled out of control.

I'm re-watching season eight now, and I don't get all the Thorgy hate. She has a lot of good stuff going on and provides some great looks, she's just overshadowed by Bob in every way and that really got to her. I think without Bob there to make her look second rate she is going to do really well.

Also am I the only one who stop and thinks about every pronoun they use when discussing drag race? I confuse myself sometimes.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Thorgy doing well doesn't mean people have to like her tbf. She was a good competitor but she annoys the hell out of me. I'm not a big Bob fan, either. The only people I really liked on S8 were Kim and Betty tbh. Least favourite season.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

Thorgy's Sasha's boring. she touts herself as being "arty" and "out there" and "zany" but she's so middle of the road in nearly every regard.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i also strongly agree with this. i find Sasha's stuff pretty toothless.

give me pregnant Milk or Willam or heck, even Phi Phi. i love a glorious, beautiful trainwreck

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

alf_pogs posted:

i also strongly agree with this. i find Sasha's stuff pretty toothless.

give me pregnant Milk or Willam or heck, even Phi Phi. i love a glorious, beautiful trainwreck

Gimme sum Yara Sofia

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

30 minutes until Trixie and Katya is back!

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Poulpe posted:

On season 8, i liked Thorgy. Rooted for her from the get go. Then I watched Untucked. No, girl. No. Whiner, complainer, hater. Byeeeeee.

pandabear
Apr 27, 2006
Watching RPDR without also watching untucked is a gd sin. So many iconic moments.

My favorite lipsync of all time is Katya x Sasha Belle doing Twist of Fate - Katya just kills it with her insane slo-mo gymnastics.

I am beyond excited for this season. Thanks for the amazing OP!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Thorgy reminds me of every preschool teacher I've hated working with.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Thorgy reminds me of every preschool teacher I've hated working with.

How long have you been in preschool?

But seriously folks...

I am firmly on the Thorgy hate train because of her attitude when not actually performing. I thought she came off as an entitled oval office, and not in a fun way. I could be totally off - maybe she got a villain edit - but that was the impression I got from watching her on the show.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Thorgy wears dreads. That alone should make people dislike her.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

Thorgy wears dreads. That alone should make people dislike her.

it really limits what she can do on her mug as well. she always has to have big hair to accomodate the massive do, or have the dreads front and centre.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I've been smiling like an idiot since I woke up. Super excited to go see this with a crowd, especially if the unannounced queen spoiler is true.

I'ma film her entrance just in case. If Vancouver doesn't gag, I'll be disappointed tbh.

Almost time to start your engines, kitty girls!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I've been smiling like an idiot since I woke up. Super excited to go see this with a crowd, especially if the unannounced queen spoiler is true.

I'ma film her entrance just in case. If Vancouver doesn't gag, I'll be disappointed tbh.

Almost time to start your engines, kitty girls!

I've been searching for a place to watch it here in Frankfurt and so far I have turned up nothing except for the fact that drag is called "travestie" in German.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wonder if that's by virtue of Drag Race not airing concurrently, or at all, in European countries for so many years. It's only recently that seems to be happening more. Like obvs everyone was watching their torrents or w/e anyway, but still.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Unsolicited anecdote: Europe has these lovely things called "Christmas markets", where the downtown of any reasonably-sized burg is taken over by tiny log cabins where people sell spiced wine, sausages, cheese dishes, statues of Ghandi taking a poo poo, etc. In some of the more progressive German cities they now have "pink markets", which are these little areas set aside to be specifically a gay and gay-friendly Christmas market. I've recently started a new job in Germany, and I told my boss I was looking forward to checking out the pink market, which he apparently also really likes. The next week I come back to work and the first thing he says after "hello" is "DIT YOU ENCHOY DEE HOMOZEXUAL MARKET" as loud as possible.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

esperterra posted:

I wonder if that's by virtue of Drag Race not airing concurrently, or at all, in European countries for so many years. It's only recently that seems to be happening more. Like obvs everyone was watching their torrents or w/e anyway, but still.

Yeah I think my Danish friends were mostly watching it a day later at house parties rather than in bars.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Trig Discipline posted:

Unsolicited anecdote: Europe has these lovely things called "Christmas markets", where the downtown of any reasonably-sized burg is taken over by tiny log cabins where people sell spiced wine, sausages, cheese dishes, statues of Ghandi taking a poo poo, etc. In some of the more progressive German cities they now have "pink markets", which are these little areas set aside to be specifically a gay and gay-friendly Christmas market. I've recently started a new job in Germany, and I told my boss I was looking forward to checking out the pink market, which he apparently also really likes. The next week I come back to work and the first thing he says after "hello" is "DIT YOU ENCHOY DEE HOMOZEXUAL MARKET" as loud as possible.

This is my favorite story.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Can this be streamed? And where?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Yandat posted:

Can this be streamed? And where?

Legally? Only if you pay.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Nihonniboku posted:

Does anyone know if this will be the case for Drag Race Thailand, or if it will even be broadcast in English/with English subtitles? I’m very interested to see how drag is presented in other countries.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Nihonniboku posted:

Sure I can pay. Is it on Amazon or what?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Does anyone know if this will be the case for Drag Race Thailand, or if it will even be broadcast in English/with English subtitles? I’m very interested to see how drag is presented in other countries.

I highly doubt it. They only sparingly air some of the international editions of Real Housewives. And if they do, it'll be at like 2am.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

ONE HOUR TO GO!!!!!

Yandat posted:

Sure I can pay. Is it on Amazon or what?

I think SlingTV has VH-1, or you may be able to get a temp pass through VH-1's website to watch live. I expect it would be for viewing on Amazon and other services the day after if you purchase it.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

is slingtv playable on computer?

if it’s hard i’ll just find a pirate stream. id give you money you vh1 fucks just make it simple

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Yandat posted:

if it’s hard i’ll just find a pirate stream. id give you money you vh1 fucks just make it simple

I think you should be able to watch it on PC. It's on my list of possible solutions when I move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Yandat posted:

Yes. I stream it from my computer.

• Locked thread