Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

There Bias Two posted:

Did they forget the part where the writers spent an entire season building up the entire cast?

Nope. In fact the article is basically the complete opposite of how it sounds from that out of context quote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Nevvy Z posted:

Jason is gonna eat the judge's lunch

A crime so heinous that even the Bad Place isn’t sufficient. They’ll have to think of Another Place.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god new episode tonight :f5:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I'm just going to assume it's a Simpsons reference.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Ya basic.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
NOOOOOOOOO

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Janet, noooooooooo

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That's totally the good Janet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh no I fumbled the kickoff!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Michael :ohdear:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

It's a trick!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The judge is better than i could have imagined

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
There'll be Fergies a-plenty in The Good Place

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Now that's evil

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

the loving New Yorker gag killed me

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

nooneofconsequence posted:

That's totally the good Janet.

Good call. She's a quick study.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not Chidi!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BOOOOOOOM I KNEW IT

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Chidi's test

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Chidi please

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh no!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Chidi's test was the biggest laugh so far for me.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I have to wait a WEEK

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jason's reaction to his test was pretty good

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I thought Tahani's test was going to have the twist that she went into the only room she was allowed because family is all that matters or something something. I mean it's kind of hosed up to be sent to hell because your parents are abusive.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

Chidi's test was the biggest laugh so far for me.

Yeah when the camera panned down and it was literally just two hats I laughed and then they showed the clock :allears:

Making Jason play as the Titans against the Jags was just cruel though :smith:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the capriciousness of the judge's trials was a bit of a :thunk: moment for me. like c'mon this can't be legit tests to get into the good place

justlikedunkirk
Dec 24, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the capriciousness of the judge's trials was a bit of a :thunk: moment for me. like c'mon this can't be legit tests to get into the good place

Part of the show's point is that the way we determine good and bad (which is what The Good Place bases itself on, of course) is silly and arbitrary. People are complex and are not defined by one symbolic choice!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is it after 4pm?

Hahahah

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Arist posted:

the loving New Yorker gag killed me
I’ve read a collective almost one of the combined 24 issues I received the last two years through promotional subscriptions. That joke was extremely not a joke

Also I am very happy that I was misled by the promo.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Attention!

You all suck.

And you're ugly.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
They aren't done with the Neutral Zone yet, they still haven't had pancakes.

I miss IHOP

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

drunken officeparty posted:

I thought Tahani's test was going to have the twist that she went into the only room she was allowed because family is all that matters or something something. I mean it's kind of hosed up to be sent to hell because your parents are abusive.
Yeah, I felt like she passed her test too. Risking paradise for one last chance at her parent's love and then calmly putting a final break in what was revealed as an abusive relationship was the wrong way to behave? C'mon.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, I felt like she passed her test too. Risking paradise for one last chance at her parent's love and then calmly putting a final break in what was revealed as an abusive relationship was the wrong way to behave? C'mon.

I think you're forgetting that the one thing Tahini knew about the occupants of that room is that they were gossiping about her. She didn't see her parents' names and then think, "hey, I bet this would be a great chance to finally get some love and approval!", because again, she already knew (or should have known) that the one thing they would be doing was talking about her, and almost certainly not in a positive light.

She went in for a confrontation. Or, at best, she went in seeking praise. Neither is a motive that's going to get you in the Good Place, especially since it was pretty clear that the whole point was not to open any door at all.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I think the fact she went in calmly and never got upset demonstrated it was more just for her saying her peace and leaving than it was for her to try and earn her parents love or respect. Yes, she had a revelation, but it was played in such a way that she was completely aware the whole time that she was there not to see what was said about her, but to say something to her parents that she never got the chance to say, a lesson she only learned after death.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

CapnAndy posted:

She had just been told that she and three other people would be tortured for eternity if she opened any door. Doing it was not only stupid, it was morally repugnant.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Elanor's test was pretty odd. The other three were tested against their compulsions. Theirs made sense.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The judge said it's been 30 years since her last case, which would be Mindy. Where did the 800 years of restarts go Mike Schur???

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

The judge said it's been 30 years since her last case, which would be Mindy. Where did the 800 years of restarts go Mike Schur???

Definite confirmation that the time passing in the restarts doesn't reflect time passing in the real world or even other parts of the afterlife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Though I would have liked Jason getting excited to play Madden 74

• Locked thread