Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

A man who never eats pork bun is never a whole man!

:yeah:

e:taxxe

Lack of Gravitas fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Dementropy posted:

Responses from Reddit:

Stay frosty.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

trucutru posted:

Filthy gold digging females tricking honest hard working citizens into mating with them for their papers.

Stupid girls are dumb and wreck the cool games all the time. If we want to keep the game awesome the only females in the game need to be battered and helpless and when the awesome and strong male specimens save them they open their legs like blooming flowers to get plowed hard. 30 seconds later the bitches cry “thank you for impregnating me master!”

This is how it goes, and loving Full Burn is being rage played by Slice The Cake behind the superior male while dicks shoot out of guns and chain saws cut down flowers and pretty girl poo poo stupid girls like. :kingsley:

https://youtu.be/dga01T6gYbU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Nice meltdown.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
I only aim for the best meltdowns with nuclear ferocity! :3:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
New website is up.

e: Tracker is still there. There's a roadmap page with pretty pictures. Hamill still looks constipated.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 26, 2018

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

they will steal literally anything won't they?

(insert "it's full of stars" famous shot from 2001 a space oddessy that they are clearly aping that won't loving show up)

edit:

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 26, 2018

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Pixelate posted:

New website is up.

Can't see the funding tracker.

Very interesting. I know they’d sent signals but I’m still surprised.

:lol: they just rolled out megawhale bribing with free F8 Lightning’s for Concierge tier.

:chanpop:

G0RF fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 26, 2018

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Pixelate posted:

New website is up.

e: Tracker is still there. There's a roadmap page with pretty pictures. Hamill still looks constipated.

Glad they are still using that 3 year old render of Hamill everywhere.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

G0RF posted:

My bad, it's just a bastard to negotiate until you remove Hamill's face. Tracker is still there.

e: Weirdly the 'in production' Javelin and other Capital Ships aren't slated for 2018 though. You'd think they'd be a shoe in.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Pixelate posted:

My bad, it's just a bastard to negotiate until you remove Hamill's face. Tracker is still there.

e: Weirdly the 'in production' Javelin and other Capital Ships aren't slated for 2018 though. You'd think they'd be a shoe in.

They can’t let it goooooooooooooh!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Not sure they really checked the design on mobile.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

quote:

Your Current Chairman Club Level & Rewards:

Wing Commander

since January 11, 2018

They call you Wing Commander, and with good reason. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but whatever it tosses your way, you face head on. Each obstacle is only another challenge for you to conquer, another story for you to tell, another reason why you’re a Wing Commander.

In-Game Rewards

Anvil Aerospace F8C Lightning: Few vehicles employed by the proud men and women who serve in our Empire’s Navy inspire the awe of the legendary F8 Lightning. A force to be reckoned with, the F8 has secured Humanity’s freedom from numerous threats at home and abroad countless times. Now, that same next generation space superiority fighter is available to become a part of your personal fleet with the Anvil F8C civilian variant.

BOOKLET AND CARD

Your previous Chairman Club Level & Rewards:

Space Marshal

since January 11, 2018

A rank of distinction, the title of Space Marshal shows that you have claimed your place among the stars. While others may be wary of the unknown, you seek out knowledge and new experiences everyday. For you the night sky is filled with adventures waiting to be had. They say fortune favors the bold, and being a Space Marshal is proof of that.

In-Game Rewards

RSI Venture Explorer Suit: Whether you’re discovering bold new frontiers or simply stretching your legs after a long spaceflight, Robert Space Industries’ Venture Explorer Suit takes vacuum-safe wear to the next level with its incorporation of top-of-class safety features seamlessly blended with phenomenal freedom of movement. And now you no longer have to choose between exceptional styling and performance thanks to the tasteful gold detailing only available with the special limited Executive Edition.

Grand Admiral

since January 11, 2018

The rank of Grand Admiral is one that is coveted by many and earned by few. Patience, forethought, and careful strategy have seen to it that you have succeeded where others have only met failure. While some may call you lucky, it is thanks to your skill and enduring fortitude that you have earned being called Grand Admiral.

In-Game Rewards

Arrowhead Sniper Rifle: In the art of war, true mastery is said to be the complete and utter defeat of your enemy before they have a single chance to strike. Now, such mastery can be yours thanks to the expertly crafted Klaus & Werner Arrowhead energy sniper rifle which has been praised by leading marksman for its unparalleled precision and deadly accuracy. But even a standout like the Arrowhead rifle can become more exceptional thanks to the Executive Edition’s special golden digital camo plating.

High Admiral

since January 11, 2018

As a High Admiral, you understand that a hangar is more than a place to park your vessel. It is your sanctuary. It is your home away from home. Outfitted with the best the Empire has to offer, your hangar shows everyone who you are, and why you’re a High Admiral.

In-Game Rewards

Jacopo Top Hat & Monocle: As part of their Dafne collection, Derion is proud to present their Jacopo line of accessories. Perfect for an elegant night on the town, this diamond-laminate monocle with tungsten chain and gossamer-lined top hat was commissioned in honor of the Port Retanus Metropolitan Opera House Quincentennial and features the latest upgradable optiVis interface for unmatched comfort. Radegast Whiskey 2947 Homeward Limited-Edition Collection 40 SEY: With an unparalleled reputation for crafting phenomenal whiskeys of uncompromising quality for over four centuries, Radegast Distillery is proud to announce the 2947 release of its Homeward Limited-Edition Collection 40 SEY.

KnW Pistol: but you can be sure that this energy pistol has everything you could possibly want from an energy pistol and more. We’re talking a barrel, a trigger, and enough energy to shoot up to two people.

our future Chairman Club Level & Rewards:

Legatus Navium

Ahead of all others, the noble title of Legatus Navium is an equal match to the honor and virtue you have shown in life. As captains lead their crew, so to are you an example for others to follow, leading Humanity towards a brighter future through your deeds and actions. More than rank alone, it is clear from your manner and bearing you are Legatus Navium.

In-Game Rewards

Apocalypse Arms Havoc Mouth Edition: Personal defense has never been more fun than with this size-one scattergun from Apocalypse Arms strapped onto your ship of choice. With its devastating effectiveness at close range, the Havoc scattergun is sure to make any up-close dogfight feel even more personal. Plus, with the exclusive aggressive styling of the Sharkmouth Edition, you can be happy knowing that the last thing that many of your enemies will see is the grinning sneer of your Havoc as it unleashes fire and hell.

Concierge Civilian Luxury F8: Always ready to improve upon near-perfection, Anvil has coordinated with the Chairman’s Club to create this stunning work of flying art, the F8C Lightning Executive Edition. The hull has been beautifully accentuated with a unique premium livery, while in the cockpit you’ll find sumptuous gold and metallic detailing, a fitting crown for this king of heavy fighters.

Sorry my mistake. It’s for the $10k tier. :lol::lol::lol:

Twerk is going to be so pleased.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jan 26, 2018

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hahaha the new roadmap is hilarious

They are aping what subnautica did instead of showing how things slowly come together they show that they have no loving clue about project management. Holy poo poo NOTHING gameplaywise has been touched on for 3.2. The only things that have a semblance of proper management is the ship pipeline.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

They are aping what subnautica did instead of showing how things slowly come together they show that they have no loving clue about project management. Holy poo poo NOTHING gameplaywise has been touched on for 3.2. The only things that have a semblance of proper management is the ship pipeline.

Yeah I noticed that basically anything new or of any substance is 6 months out.

At this rate it'll be 2021 before there's a playable game.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H15Zq72lu3k

Climb upon my claimed land deed,
Then we gonna pledge
gonna smoke some dweeb.
Climb upon my big-rear end deed,
And pledge, pledge, pledge.

Weeee-eee-eee-eeeee-eeeee-eee-eee-eeeee-eeeee-eeeee-eeeee,
What's the name of the contract,
Exclusivo!
I am not a lawyer,
But it's good to go.
What's the name of my spaceship
I don't know,
But she's built like some poo poo
And she's good to go, no,
She's good to go?
Not good to go.

We are fuelled by Ortwin,
Yes we're schooled by Ortwin.
Fuelled by Ortwin!
Writin' those tasty checks
just as fast as he can.
Schooled by Ortwin!

We were the investors
of the cosmic rear end in a top hat code.
We've come to blow your wallet,
We've come to blow your dough.
We've come to fuckin' crow,
We've come to shill the show.
We've come so fuckin' slow,
You know it, you know it!

Weeee-eee-eee-eeeee-eeeee-eee-eee-eeeee-eeeee-eeeee-eeeee,
What's the name of the contract,
Exclusivo!
Don't know what it's about
But it's good to riddle-ah!

[spoken]
I am not one of you. I come from an ancient time.
I am known as The Kicker of FUD. I am also known as The Derek Crusher!

Exclusivo.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SoftNum posted:

they will steal literally anything won't they?

(insert "it's full of stars" famous shot from 2001 a space oddessy that they are clearly aping that won't loving show up)

edit:

http://i.imgur.com/0XECm4p.mp4

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

quote:

They call you Wing Commander, and with good reason. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns, but whatever it tosses your way, you face head on. Each obstacle is only another challenge for you to conquer, another story for you to tell, another reason why you’re a Wing Commander.

Actually, there at least $10,000 reasons why you're a Wing Commander.

quote:

A rank of distinction, the title of Space Marshal shows that you have claimed your place among the stars. While others may be wary of the unknown, you seek out knowledge and new experiences everyday. For you the night sky is filled with adventures waiting to be had. They say fortune favors the bold, and being a Space Marshal is proof of that.

Fortune favors those who boldly charge $5,000+ to their credit cards.

quote:

The rank of Grand Admiral is one that is coveted by many and earned by few. Patience, forethought, and careful strategy have seen to it that you have succeeded where others have only met failure. While some may call you lucky, it is thanks to your skill and enduring fortitude that you have earned being called Grand Admiral.

It is thanks to your $2,500+ that you have earned being called Grand Admiral.

quote:

Jacopo Top Hat & Monocle: As part of their Dafne collection, Derion is proud to present their Jacopo line of accessories. Perfect for an elegant night on the town, this diamond-laminate monocle with tungsten chain and gossamer-lined top hat was commissioned in honor of the Port Retanus Metropolitan Opera House Quincentennial and features the latest upgradable optiVis interface for unmatched comfort.
:laffo:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

G0RF posted:

:lol: they just rolled out megawhale bribing with free F8 Lightning’s for Concierge tier.

:chanpop:

It's not pay to win, it's paid to win. They got us again.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

SoftNum posted:

Yeah I noticed that basically anything new or of any substance is 6 months out.

At this rate it'll be 2021 before there's a playable game.

Its not that its supposed to be 6 months out, its that they think they can prototype, test, fix, reiterate something that has 17 entries in gameplay section in the three months from april to june. Something as massive as mining as they were originally talking about.

Haha the more I read the dumber it gets. "Pay someone to fix your ship" on the 3.2 patch, the actual gameplay for fixing someones ship wont be implemented till 3.3. Art imitates life

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cao Ni Ma posted:

"aping game x" is par for the course.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

A Starhova Witness

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

It's not pay to win, it's paid to win. They got us again.

I’m very curious what the reactions will be from the chattering classes. Redacted, Captain’s Table and Relay all will surely have things to say. I suspect we will hear lots of resigned sighs.

I am very excited about Chris being Lando’s guest on RTV tomorrow. It’s been too long since we’ve been able to gather at the knee of his Excellency and bask in his benevolent wisdom.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Cargo cult project management

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Star Citizen in 2016 2017 2018
Winners: Ships
Losers: Everything else

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Pixelate posted:

New website is up.

playable female characters is loving Q4 lmao

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
So, Elite dropped 3.0 a month late. See below on how Star Citizen's marketing 1-Up's Elite. Literally.

Star Citizen - Alpha 1 : August 29, 2013 - hangar module
Elite:DNGRS - Alpha 1 : December 2013 - fully playable series of missions

Star Citizen - Alpha 1.2 : June 4, 2014 - Arena commander!
Elite:DNGRS - 1.0 : December 16 2014 - Commercial release

Star Citizen - Alpha 2.0 : December 11, 2015 - Mini PU! Persistance! Woo!
Elite:DNGRS - 2.0 : December 15 2015 - Horizons

Star citizen - Alpha 3.0 : December 24, 2017 - Bigger PU! Shopping! Missions! Landings!
Elite: DNGRS - 3.0 Beta1 : Jan 25 2018 - Beyond

I didn't include in all the patches as that would make a mess of everything. Just the big ones involved.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

The Titanic posted:

I sure hope they don’t run out of Thorshu Greys before I can buy one of the orange little buggers! :ohdear:

SHTANK

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

Sorry my mistake. It’s for the $10k tier. :lol::lol::lol:

Twerk is going to be so pleased.

lma loving o someone post all the people who got mad at me last week for saying they were gonna sell the lightning.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

God drat reddit is some salty motherfuckers

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

lma loving o someone post all the people who got mad at me last week for saying they were gonna sell the lightning.

There’s a funny discussion on the last Redacted about this very thing.

Bored was like “we don’t know that they’re going to sell it.” Twerk just shook his head, “we know they’re gonna sell it.”

Well technically they didn’t so everything is cool and good!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

There’s a funny discussion on the last Redacted about this very thing.

Bored was like “we don’t know that they’re going to sell it.” Twerk just shook his head, “we know they’re gonna sell it.”

Well technically they didn’t so everything is cool and good!

Actually, I'm not so sure about that. Look at the wording for the 'Wing Commander' rewards in the email:

quote:

In-Game Rewards

Anvil Aerospace F8C Lightning: Few vehicles employed by the proud men and women who serve in our Empire’s Navy inspire the awe of the legendary F8 Lightning. A force to be reckoned with, the F8 has secured Humanity’s freedom from numerous threats at home and abroad countless times. Now, that same next generation space superiority fighter is available to become a part of your personal fleet with the Anvil F8C civilian variant.

I think they're gonna make Wing Commanders buy them

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

People in concierge chat are still figuring out the Legatus Navium rank, but it's at least $25k+
Ben said recently that the role of the F8 has changed. Seems like it's new role is as a whaler class vessel.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jan 26, 2018

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Tokamak posted:

People in concierge chat are still figuring out the Legatus Navium rank, but it's at least $25k+
Ben said recently that the role of the F8 has changed. Seems like it's new role is as a whaler class vessel.

I've seen the "Legatus Navium" title on the Arena Commander leaderboards, so I'm not sure it's tied to a pledge rank (at least it wasn't at that time).

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Lightning in a $10,000 bottle.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
F8?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

boviscopophobic posted:

I've seen the "Legatus Navium" title on the Arena Commander leaderboards, so I'm not sure it's tied to a pledge rank (at least it wasn't at that time).

They have refactored the pledging ranks and requirements with the new program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Years ago the F8 was a ridiculously secret ship, intended to be some kind of ultra-badass top tier endgame for Squadron 42. Now it's just another punchline in the great joke that is Star Citizen.