Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
:yum:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im buying this game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im really pumped. capcom did such a good job with all the attack animations from everything i saw, but im mostly excited to test the limits of the character creator

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

im ready to brutally murder thousands of creatures all over again

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This is going to be my first Monster Hunter game!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

my Hunter Wife will slay many creatures and wear them

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I have preordered this game and I will hunt many monsters with various comically overcomplicated and/or oversized weapons and it will own

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I didn’t think I’d be getting this until really recently, I had a ton of fun with the demo. Hormel and I spent 4 or so hours trying to kill Nergigante, and while normally I don’t have the patience for that sort of thing, it was pretty neat to gently caress up less and less and get noticeably farther into the fight each time. I think it took us 25-30 tries but eventually we killed him with less than 4 seconds left on the clock. Very satisfying

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
This game has everything going for it:

An amazing story

Incredible combat

Deep gameplay

Superb Graphics

This game looks like it is going to be an ABSOLUTE masterpiece and an early contender for game of the Year, if not best game of all time.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I didn’t think I’d be getting this until really recently, I had a ton of fun with the demo. Hormel and I spent 4 or so hours trying to kill Nergigante, and while normally I don’t have the patience for that sort of thing, it was pretty neat to gently caress up less and less and get noticeably farther into the fight each time. I think it took us 25-30 tries but eventually we killed him with less than 4 seconds left on the clock. Very satisfying

Wow that screen shot really makes the game look awesome. Day one

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Looks like this might dethrone Witcher 3 for me.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

you can play with your friend Mega Man in this game

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

gonna blast the Jurassic Park OST tonight as i fire up the bbq to make some Well Done Steaks and Potions (apple vodka and mt dew with a twist of lime.... 'tis epic). brushing up some skills on Monster Hunter Generations. what are you fellow hunters doing in preparation of release?

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

The Orville posted:

Looks like this might dethrone Witcher 3 for me.

Hello,

The goal of this thread is to introduce new hunters to the series (I'd love to adopt a newbie + show them the ropes. Bowgunners get at me!), and the trolling is not appreciated. If you're willing to express your honest opinions, preferably combined in to one post instead of hastily scrawled across several, I welcome you. If not, please walk your way back to 4chan because the bad attitude pisses us hunters off.

Thanks
-SF

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hope they cap the fps at 30 instead of leaving it uncapped and fluctuating between 20 and 35 like in the ps4 demo :thumbsup:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Orville posted:

This game has everything going for it:

An amazing story

Incredible combat

Deep gameplay

Superb Graphics

+ epic Monster Hunter World heroes

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

i hope they cap the fps at 30 instead of leaving it uncapped and fluctuating between 20 and 35 like in the ps4 demo :thumbsup:

They didn’t

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The Orville posted:

They didn’t

thank you capcom

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

don't delay getting this gamers or you'll live with the regret forever

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Lol

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
im getting this. probably not straight away though despite the temptation of the horizon: zero dawn dlc quest

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fadam posted:

This is going to be my first Monster Hunter game!

Same. I'm ready for the probably brutal learning curve (I hope).

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

they have added a some qol stuff like actual movelists for your weapon, actual weapon trees you can see, and a friggin bestiary that you fill out by fighting monsters repeatedly and gives you info like weaknesses, parts, and drop rates of parts, so you don't have to refer to a wiki to see how to upgrade your weapons or what drops from where

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i'm getting this, i beat all the missions in the beta and i was really impressed with it. it feels like an actual good multiplayer game, i'm excited to branch out to some new weapons. so far i've only done dual blades and iglaive. can't wait to hunt w/ y'all.

also seems like fashion is way more malleable and customizable with dyes and transmogs and stuff. and palicos get little inflatable boats when you're in the water

Sofia Coppola_OD_ fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Jan 25, 2018

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

im getting this. probably not straight away though despite the temptation of the horizon: zero dawn dlc quest

same

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

they have added a some qol stuff like actual movelists for your weapon, actual weapon trees you can see, and a friggin bestiary that you fill out by fighting monsters repeatedly and gives you info like weaknesses, parts, and drop rates of parts, so you don't have to refer to a wiki to see how to upgrade your weapons or what drops from where

OMFG this is the one thing I’ve wanted in MH forever

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lumpy the Cook posted:

OMFG this is the one thing I’ve wanted in MH forever

idk why they haven't added it before its nuts. the freaking guildmarm in mh4 whole character is based around wanting to learn about monsters you could have asked her for all the hot info ;-(

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

idk why they haven't added it before its nuts. the freaking guildmarm in mh4 whole character is based around wanting to learn about monsters you could have asked her for all the hot info ;-(

guildmarm>? hot info indeed :q:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should give all the monsters huge tits and character songs

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ah, nested colons

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

waiting for the PC version to be out, early next year!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

im really pumped. capcom did such a good job with all the attack animations from everything i saw, but im mostly excited to test the limits of the character creator

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

So excited to see all the cats saying cat puns for 300 hours of exciting crafting

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

uh oh BBG is having another mental breakdown. Soon an account from 2001 will start posting in the IZ once The Orville is permabanned.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Ohhh mann

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

i think ill get this maybe some day. if its good. whenns pc vers come out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Cart Mountain posted:

i think ill get this maybe some day. if its good. whenns pc vers come out

they said its slated for the fall

im buying physical on ps4 & selling it once pc comes out

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

they said its slated for the fall

im buying physical on ps4 & selling it once pc comes out

Me2 :cool:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm glad this looks great but also still bummed and salty they did this instead of something for Switch. Guess I'll get it when it comes out on pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tender Bender posted:

I'm glad this looks great but also still bummed and salty they did this instead of something for Switch. Guess I'll get it when it comes out on pc

they did something for switch but the geniuses at capcom wont let it leave japan