Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

ZeusCannon posted:

Microtransactions are a cancer

Raioner posted:

Play recruit?

2 true posts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Jack Trades posted:

Or are you gonna tell me that you micromanage your op skins and matchmaking preferences to only enter the maps with perfect camo selected?

i like to use the green camos for the advanced Ding Chavez strat of not even going in the building at all until the timer hits :13s:

does not work with:

unless there is an indoor garden

in fact, if Ubisoft wants to be cool they are gonna have to at some point eventually revamp the starter edition anyway once we get closer to 100 operators. make Rook the demo F2P character.

or just let there be F2P accounts that can play Rook/Thatcher and que casual only or at least revamp recruits as F2P but instead of using vanilla CTUs make them cycle through various roles like "shield" or "breacher" or "anchor" and give them fixed loadouts designed for that job. as it stands they're already commonly being used for comedy options by experienced and the chances of a new player getting their first unlocked operator selected is only gonna get less and less

i mean, if they are really making most of their money from cosmetic microtransactions and season passes then this would be pretty awesome and i bet it would boost player activity better than random free weekends if you could just go up to any of your friends and be like

"hey wanna try this game with me the next time we're bored?"
"look at all the cool poo poo i can do that you can too if you spend 20 bucks or whatever."
"oh cool you have all this renown from playing F2P mode here's the stuff you can spend it on when you upgrade"

but really if you're one of the biggest publishers in the world you probably only care about immediate money because worst case scenario you can just pump out multiple sequels

Thief fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 26, 2018

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Hopefully this doesn't make this rad game implode

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Where is iceorb he’s the kind of guy who encourages the cosmetic loot crap by buying all of it. It’s his fault!!!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

afkmacro posted:

cosmetic loot crap

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Holy poo poo an echo item

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

loving lol at the barrier to entry for new players when there's 90 DLC operators

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
i just started playing this game like a month ago and haven't felt like there is much of a barrier to entry at all but i'm not a serious player, like maybe an hour and a half a few nights a week

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Edit: disregard

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jan 26, 2018

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
https://gfycat.com/LiveAthleticEyelashpitviper

I wasn't on the shotgun train until this happened.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
This Buck camo is so cool, is there any way to grab it now?

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's lovely that they jacked the price of the game up tbqh. $40 was pretty fair given the inherent grind. $60 is dumb and it'll be a lot harder to convince new people to play because I'd feel like a real rear end in a top hat suggesting the starter edition.

I couldnt give two shits about the cosmetic stuff tho

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Krogort posted:

I think thats last Halloween's skin, so sadly not at the moment

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
All the new skins have made telling what operator is what at a glance way harder than it used to be, but the only ones I've ever had an issue with as genuine camo are the default uniforms for the spetsnaz. On minimum settings they blend into concrete really well.

Hiking up the game's price is bullshit, I dunno what the hell they're thinking with that. OTOH the level of outrage over the incredibly benign lootcrates is borderline funny.

edit: announcement from Epi https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7t8shb/rainbow_six_teams_response_to_your_concerns_our/?st=jcwlmij8&sh=da5aa78b

so they're putting the $40 edition back in, thank gently caress. and giving everyone the Ash elite? odd

Koramei fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 27, 2018

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Oh gently caress, I read the comments. God, ‘gamers’ loving suck.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's cool that they added the standard edition back. I don't know why they felt the need to give everyone a free skin though, the simplest thing to do would have just been to give everyone 10 loot boxes on the day S3 starts but whatever, cosmetics.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

New

Koramei posted:

All the new skins have made telling what operator is what at a glance way harder than it used to be, but the only ones I've ever had an issue with as genuine camo are the default uniforms for the spetsnaz. On minimum settings they blend into concrete really well.

Hiking up the game's price is bullshit, I dunno what the hell they're thinking with that. OTOH the level of outrage over the incredibly benign lootcrates is borderline funny.

edit: announcement from Epi https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7t8shb/rainbow_six_teams_response_to_your_concerns_our/?st=jcwlmij8&sh=da5aa78b

so they're putting the $40 edition back in, thank gently caress. and giving everyone the Ash elite? odd

The reason people are or act outraged is because it’s a slippery slope and we know what the outcome of going meh/complacency is.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
eh

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Koramei posted:

and giving everyone the Ash elite? odd

I bet my butthole virginity that the elite Ash skin in question was supposed to be a reward for some sort of outbreak event challenge, the same way Medallion Charms are.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Krogort posted:

it might come back next halloween but they'll probably just do a new set for new ops. the Ash zombie mask is very funny considering the new gamemode

or they'll black ice it and put it in alpha packs at some point if they bother to update them. the community has figured out everything thats in them now with charms being the best stuff you can get.

aside from a couple of cool ones, the legendaries are blatantly rushed and bad. whoever is in charge of item rarity in this game either has no idea what they're doing or doesn't give a poo poo because lol imagine if your job was to decide if this training dummy charm was to be rarer than this toilet paper roll.

idk what's stopping someone from actually taking an evening to sit down and revamp/polish the entire inventory of this game. the assets are all there. this is something Blizzard was always pretty good at keeping up with when they had thousands of items to add every year to their games.

anyway at the very least it'd be really cool if you could smelt old skins you don't want unto renown

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
They should buff Tachanka by turning him into Robocop

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

make it so tachanka can run through walls

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTNoW_eWK60

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."

I could only hope for this level of communication with my teammates.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

AppleDan posted:

I could only hope for this level of communication with my teammates.

And for some reason it never records my own voice.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tumble posted:

They should buff Tachanka by turning him into Robocop

Make Tachanka totally immune to headshots but every time he's shot in the head there's a really loud clanging noise and he gets the concussion effect for the full 7 seconds it used to be.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I use neon pink and purple skins because I don't really give a gently caress about .1% tactical advantage.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/p7jqg
I'm my own worst enemy

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Anyone has a screenshot of Lumberjack Buck ingame or in victory screen ?
I want to see how bright those shirt and boots really look

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Krogort posted:

Anyone has a screenshot of Lumberjack Buck ingame or in victory screen ?
I want to see how bright those shirt and boots really look

The boots are blinding especially on maps with a late afternoon sun

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

That's hilarious.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

That's hilarious.

Then you'll enjoy this oldie

https://youtu.be/3tHdKUL4-rM

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Basticle posted:

Then you'll enjoy this oldie

https://youtu.be/3tHdKUL4-rM

I love this as well as the earlier one both made me laugh quite a lot thank you.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
New stuff sounds awesome. Have they said what the outbreak game mode is specifically?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

well if its anything like Resident Evil Outbreak it will basically boil down to players in really cool and immersion ruining skins ignoring downed teammates that are spamming the "help me!" voice emote while they solo the entire map

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Just bought the game. The OP of this thread/last thread don't really have that good of a starting guide, can anyone point me somewhere with actually useful advice?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

sum posted:

Just bought the game. The OP of this thread/last thread don't really have that good of a starting guide, can anyone point me somewhere with actually useful advice?

Pick anyone but Castle and go hog wild. Once you know what you're doing you can pick Castle.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

castle was one of my first operators and it was fun and good because i was matched against players that had no idea how to counter him. you can literally pick anyone that interests you for whatever reason at all and do well with them if you care to or just run around and have fun.

start out by watching the in-game tutorial videos and doing the situations. this will give you extra renown to unlock stuff and a very simplistic idea of what they might be like in an actual game though the way their abilities play out is usually different for meta reasons.

the most basic things to remember are:

sound actually matters in this game and everything you do makes noise
claymores are used by attackers only
nitro/C4 is used by defender only

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What's the best way to get Terrorist hunt done on realism mode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What's the best way to get Terrorist hunt done on realism mode?

Drone it out. Aren't T's permanently marked after they've been scanned?