Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Catfish
Betta
Trigger fish
Butterfish
Drum
Ray
Rockfish

Oh wait, I switched from T to R halfway through

gently caress

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randpop:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dragonstoned posted:

It's a facebook meme on par with things like "I bet you can't post a fish with a T in its name, 90% will fail..."

Designed purley to farm comments and likes to make "lulzsupermemepage" seem more popular/valuable then it actually is and/or to harvest data from the people who reply, whose profiles have all their poo poo public.

It works because people can't help themselves from posting their oh so original and hilarious band name, that absolutely hasn't been posted 1000 times before them.

Edit: new page

Fall Out Boi

That's all I got

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Chef

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bunny and Chef

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Mo doubt

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Just cut the middleman and don't have grandchildren.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

YASSSSS

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:perfect:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Oh my lord

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:holymoley:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:randpop:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

I'm gonna have to object here, because it should be Strickland asking, furthermore...

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.

Can someone explain this to me? I honestly don’t get it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ashnjack posted:

The dessert display is connected to the lamp below, hth.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

ashnjack posted:

This is a genuine response, I hope this does not break the spirit of the thread or of Simpsons Shitposting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjQXbvLEr9k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqjhHVUzl8o

I just like for people to know about Simpsons references so that they can enjoy them with me, rather than me enjoying them in spite of them.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i enjoy simpsons memes in spite of not getting the reference.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

It’s actually nice to see an explanation to one of these simpsons memes but if anything, in coming to understand the meme, it just makes it even worse and it doesn’t seem funny at all. I also will never understand how you guys get your laughs from tiny moments that happened in a show with literally a million episodes. I think I don’t see people who watch Seinfeld or Always Sunny doing this with those shows because those viewers are far more sophisticated with perhaps higher IQs.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Blind Rasputin posted:

It’s actually nice to see an explanation to one of these simpsons memes but if anything, in coming to understand the meme, it just makes it even worse and it doesn’t seem funny at all. I also will never understand how you guys get your laughs from tiny moments that happened in a show with literally a million episodes. I think I don’t see people who watch Seinfeld or Always Sunny doing this with those shows because those viewers are far more sophisticated with perhaps higher IQs.

It's almost the basest reaction of "I remember thing", but it's remembering multiple things and having them intertwine in a new way. You remember laughing at the things that happened in the originals, and those laughs come to the fore, but the remembered laughs are switched out for (arguably) clever subversions of the initial joke, and the subversions themselves are from separate jokes. Having them explained takes away some of the joy of reconstructing the joke yourself.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blind Rasputin posted:

_________/

I don't get jokes. The jokes must be bad and the people who like them are idiots - literally a talking meme

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Blind Rasputin posted:

God this is such a good troll, nice work.

Can good trolls become a meme? I'd like that very much.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

I'm gonna have to object here, because it should be Strickland asking, furthermore...

You forget your lore. Buck is a propane traitor.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Click for big:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Don't bother clicking.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Pingiivi posted:

Click for big:

gently caress you for making me read even a portion of this

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I was really hoping the teacher would be vindicated at the end

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

"STEMlord's galaxybrain is busy changing the world with SCIENCE and watching anime to understand storytelling techniques" is the worst meme.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Blind Rasputin posted:

9/10 troll, but just for the record:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/shitpostingais/about/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1665921333660123/

Also,

https://www.facebook.com/groups/505563719818972/about/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

https://www.gruntstyle.com/products/game-on-athletic-shorts