Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

they did something for switch but the geniuses at capcom wont let it leave japan

it looks like absolute poo poo next to world, i cant blame them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I really want this but $60 is so steep knowing I never make it to g-rank in these games. I’m sure as soon as I see someone playing it on twitch I’ll impulse buy it.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The Orville posted:

This game has everything going for it:

An amazing story

Incredible combat

Deep gameplay

Superb Graphics

This game looks like it is going to be an ABSOLUTE masterpiece and an early contender for game of the Year, if not best game of all time.

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

they did something for switch but the geniuses at capcom wont let it leave japan

It would be hard to play MHXX knowing this exists honestly

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

I really want this but $60 is so steep knowing I never make it to g-rank in these games. I’m sure as soon as I see someone playing it on twitch I’ll impulse buy it.

good news gamer, there is no G-rank, so your full purchase value will be goining towards the content you enjoy.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Squeezy Farm posted:

good news gamer, there is no G-rank, so your full purchase value will be goining towards the content you enjoy.

Oh wow that’s different. What kind of progression system is in this one?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its about the journey not the destination

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

It would be hard to play MHXX knowing this exists honestly

Yea I'm kind of feeling like if they put out something more of an incremental upgrade to Generations or XX on Switch I'm still gonna want to play this. I know it's kinda console warsy but I would have liked to play the good new monster hunter on a portable system even if they had to gimp it a bit. Maybe they'll do like a downgraded Monster Hunter Land, who knows.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

tao of lmao posted:

Oh wow that’s different. What kind of progression system is in this one?

it's like every other MH. this one has Low rank > high rank. then, when they make "world ultimate" ina a year, there will be g rank.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Whereas the game not being on console has kept a lot of people from playing it. I bought a 3ds just to play 4 and huddling over a tiny screen at home with a big tv sitting there doing nothing sucks.

The switch obviously being both would be the best solution, but a proper “good” console release will hopefully do wonders for this franchise.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
theres no doubt in my mind that MH will come to the switch soon enough, plus it’s a time of plenty, an absolute feast for gameing, so im not sweating it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

it's like every other MH. this one has Low rank > high rank. then, when they make "world ultimate" ina a year, there will be g rank.

should i just wait for that ? is it like pokemon where there definitely will be a second version of every game. cos deep strange journey and dq11 are coming out pretty soon.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

should i just wait for that ? is it like pokemon where there definitely will be a second version of every game. cos deep strange journey and dq11 are coming out pretty soon.

If it’s anything like the old ones you just want to play when your friends are. Pubbie groups are a mixed bag at best.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

Whereas the game not being on console has kept a lot of people from playing it. I bought a 3ds just to play 4 and huddling over a tiny screen at home with a big tv sitting there doing nothing sucks.

The switch obviously being both would be the best solution, but a proper “good” console release will hopefully do wonders for this franchise.

Oh for sure, that's the exact reason I was hoping the NX would be what the Switch is.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im real pumped about the Respond to SOS feature. i like the idea of jumping into ppls games to help out but without the commitment of partying up for a full hunt

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

every other one had a 2nd release like that. no guarantees it wont be dlc or something tho. who knows now that its on a big boy console.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, it's hard to say, there's a lot that's different about World. They might release Monster Hunter World Ultimate in a year or so with G-rank, or they might release an expansion pack that adds G-rank to this one. It's one of those things where they've always done it one way in the past so it very well might be the same this time, but enough other things are different that there's a real chance this might be different, too.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

The modern method would be releasing monster hunter world ultimate with a discount for previous owners.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

spending an hour in the character creator ftw. brainstorming a name now, might go back and change everything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

by the time youre at the end of high rank in these games youre usually 100+ hours deep if anyone was worried about 60 being a lot lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Bolverkur posted:

spending an hour in the character creator ftw. brainstorming a name now, might go back and change everything

axl rose

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the character creator is very good. my fire engine red metallic head and neck tattoo kicks off enough glare that my face basically renders as a lens flare in just about every cutscene

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

I.N.R.I posted:

whatever g rank edition they do will most likely also be an update for people who already have the game since its on console and pc now

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the character creator is very good. my fire engine red metallic head and neck tattoo kicks off enough glare that my face basically renders as a lens flare in just about every cutscene

Lol. This game kicks rear end

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Control Volume posted:

The modern method would be releasing monster hunter world ultimate with a discount for previous owners.

Ah yes, the Dark Arisen method

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the game owns!

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

This is the first monster hunter game Ive really gotten into but thats because I can control the camera

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I guess you could with the 3DS too but using the little nub made my hands hurt after about 15 minutes

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Broke down and got this yesterday. Just a ton of QOL improvements like not having to buy or craft whetstones, having an in-game mechanic to track monters, the maps being totally connected instead of segmented confusing weirdness, weapon crafting trees in-game, and a fee other things i can’t think of.

Servers are naturally hosed so I haven’t been able to play online, but I’ve heard that even those who have been able to, had issues running quests that have cutscenes.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Yeah I couldnt join lumpys story mission even though we were at the same quest. Want to try later while in a squad and starting it from the Gathering Hub. The SOS flare is cool but i dont think joining someones quest that way would complete the story quest

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

this game is really good so far. there's still some weird confusing stuff but a lot of the qol changes like the flies, weapon tree, a bestiary that shows you what monsters weaknesses are, break points, and effective weapon types to break em is epic, epic for the win. also having unlimited use fishing rod, bug net, pickaxe, and whetstone is a godsend.

there's still some bizarre oversights tho like i don't think the game has mentioned sharpness anywhere? make sure you sharpen your weapons everyone if it goes below green [unless u have a weapon that starts on yellow that is....]

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

the interconnected zones are cool but like 90% of the good new qol stuff isn't technically demanding at all and should have been there a decade ago!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I feel kind of bad for some of these monsters.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

fadam posted:

I love how the game justifies the endless slaughter of innocent animals as an act of ecological preservation and research.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve never played a MH game but I’m thinking about picking this up. It seems like a good introduction for a noob?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Pablo Gigante posted:

I’ve never played a MH game but I’m thinking about picking this up. It seems like a good introduction for a noob?

Between the quality of life improvements and the ease of controls, this is definitely a great starting point.

This is what I started these games with FFS:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Between the quality of life improvements and the ease of controls, this is definitely a great starting point.

This is what I started these games with FFS:

Lol I’ve read horror stories about the claw. Actually I did play a little bit of the demo for 4 and controlling the camera on the N3DS little nub thing was a pain too.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

fadam posted:

I really want this game but then I think about when I was playing the demo of the 3DS one and felt super bad about attacking the dinosaur that the game wanted me to go after while it was just drinking out of a pond minding its own business. RIP I’m sorry 😢

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i dont feel bad when im one hide short of a sweet weapon upgrade. thats right motherfucker start limping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If killing monsters makes you feel bad, you can capture them for more rewards. Just be ready to murder them if you run out of tranqs at the last second though