Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

it is kind of a wonder why they don't advertise more for the finished state of packaging, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If your Costco carries the 2-packs of Contigo autoseal travel cups on sale for $13, you should buy like four of them. They keep your drink hot or cold for ages and do not leak, and retail each cup would be about $20.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

If your Costco carries the 2-packs of Contigo autoseal travel cups on sale for $13, you should buy like four of them. They keep your drink hot or cold for ages and do not leak, and retail each cup would be about $20.

I am not a huge fan of these. The body is not dishwasher safe.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

therobit posted:

For a cup that absolutely will not spill, it is worth it to hand wash with a bottle brush. I have used these in my old truck and they bounce all over the cab without a drop spilled.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Brothers and Sisters rejoice, for Costco is here to guide us safely through the rapture!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ronaldholden/2017/10/04/hunkering-down-for-a-year-will-cost-you-just-999-99-at-costco/#19708f985ecd

6,200 servings of food, or 7.5 million calories of shelf stable meals, for less than a thousand bucks!

PBUC! :worship:

naem
May 29, 2011

OSU_Matthew posted:

Brothers and Sisters rejoice, for Costco is here to guide us safely through the rapture!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ronaldholden/2017/10/04/hunkering-down-for-a-year-will-cost-you-just-999-99-at-costco/#19708f985ecd

6,200 servings of food, or 7.5 million calories of shelf stable meals, for less than a thousand bucks!

PBUC! :worship:

Can't wait to sit in the dark with no electricity or refrigeration and crack open a 12 quart can of "wheat" or "garbanzo beans"

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
where's the costco underground bunker?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I saw an article which said that millennials are killing Costco is this true?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I doubt it tbh because like I said earlier I always see a poo poo load of mid 20s to early 30s young people at the two stores I go to but that is anecdotal

Pbuc

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

therobit posted:

I dont like them either. The lid always got super nasty and impossible to clean. Zojirushi makes loving awesome thermos that completely come apart and you can throw the body in the dishwasher if you want.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Heck yeah, Flatstick Pub is great. They have trivia with a competent quizmaster on Wednesdays that is a good time.

Shame I work on Wednesdays til at least 8. I'll never be on time for the trivia night :(

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

dramatically reduced income compared to previous generation = no houses or families = our Costco trips are less spendy than the Boomers'

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

I dont like them either. The lid always got super nasty and impossible to clean. Zojirushi makes loving awesome thermos that completely come apart and you can throw the body in the dishwasher if you want.

Better or worse than the TIGER brand?

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

therobit posted:

This is from the one I brought to work this morning. It was full of hot coffee when I turned it upside down and none spilled. I think they're really easy to keep clean, but I guess that's subjective.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Thw ones I bought were silver and said they werent. Maybe it is a different Contigo to go cup, but I bought them without checking in like October or November. Who knows?

I work from home but my wife accumulates about half a dozen dirty to go mugs a week so dishwasher safe is a must for any new purchase.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
Those of you who have used optical: I get $x towards contacts with my vision insurance (which the doctor at my Costco doesn't take). Will Costco optical deal with insurance for me if I buy contacts through them, or do I have to deal with reimbursement myself?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

stealie72 posted:

Those of you who have used optical: I get $x towards contacts with my vision insurance (which the doctor at my Costco doesn't take). Will Costco optical deal with insurance for me if I buy contacts through them, or do I have to deal with reimbursement myself?

I recently went there for glasses and they took my insurance info, but the glasses were too low in price to be covered. No idea about contacts but I imagine they'd at least give it a shot.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Fake news. All these articles talk about how "warehouse clubs" are suffering. The only ones suffering and shutting stores are Sams Club and BJs. They just throw Costco in there to get clicks. This is why faith in journalism is at an all time low. The media is slime.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Costco is thriving. Look at their share price.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Yeah and there are also a bunch of articles out there about how well Costco does despite paying higher wages and treating thier employees better than any of the other grocery/retail giants.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
How much would it cost to have a wedding at Costco?

This is not a hypothetical.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I mean, the food's only a buck fifty a head

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
this is the only wedding at a place of worship that i ever want to attend

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Praise my local costco, who not only tests the Kirkland burger but is testing out touchscreen ordering for the food court!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Currently getting the crap beat out of me by the massage chair display model at Costco.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Currently getting the crap beat out of me by the massage chair display model at Costco.

Keep your hands off the girls and they won't beat you up.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I bought about $5k in Costo stock after the whole-foods thing crashed it to $150; its at $200 only like 5 months later which is a nice 33% gains. im prolly gunna sell it and use it to buy a nice vacation. PBUC!

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Went to Costco today and a lady was giving samples of bleu cheese with honey drizzled on it. Thank you for introducing this into my life, you wonderful person!

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I went to church today feeling very sick and not well.

There was a clergy man giving out sample of Kirkland Mucinex. A whole box as a sample. It was exactly my issue and am all the more thankful.

Also first time with a liquor store. Rémy Ma VSOP and Four Roses single Barrell for unbelievable prices.

PBUC

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Renegret posted:

How much would it cost to have a wedding at Costco?

This is not a hypothetical.

I'm almost sure I read somewhere about a couple having a Costco themed wedding...

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Xaris posted:

They made a change to their lids a couple years ago that make them much easier to clean. They have a sort of flip-out lever for their seals now.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
The contigo insulated water bottles that Costco has are pretty decent too. They are $12 for 2 which is nice because it seems like I lose at least one a month. They're handwash only too but I don't think I've ever washed a water bottle in the
dishwasher anyway.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Zojirushi thermos' are the poo poo.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Taima posted:

Zojirushi thermos' are the poo poo.
Truth.

I used to struggle with the annoyance of having to boil water for the baby in the middle of the night. Nothing like listening to 3 minutes of wailing while the kettle did its job.

Then we got a Zoji vacuum thermos and tossing hot water in it at 9 left us good till like 7 the following morning.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

My local church was so busy yesterday that when I left, there were no carts whatsoever in the cart area. The cart collectors were hustling, but as soon as a row of carts got pushed in, the congregants would descend upon it and the cart area would be empty again within minutes.

Even though it was that busy, I was still in and out in under an hour, and there were only 2 people ahead of me in my checkout lane, PBUC.

Also, during checkout, they flagged someone over to upgrade me to an Executive Membership. I didn't think I spent enough at the 'co to make it worth my while, but apparently I do. If I don't break even, I can just get the difference refunded, so whatevs.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Just got back from church and had 1.50 communion. Was delicious.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm an old millennial (used to be called 'gen y'), I spend a shitload of money at Costco, have an executive membership, and a Costco credit card.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Flaggy posted:

Just got back from church and had 1.50 communion. Was delicious.

can't tell if actual jesus church or kirkland church
either way, is ok

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

can't tell if actual jesus church or kirkland church
either way, is ok

There is only one true Church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Kirk means church in Scotland! :eng101: