Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Dream is really fuckin great, but that shellshock DDT needs to be his finisher. It looks absolutely brutal.

I'm interested to see how Fish and O'Reilly get neutralized for the extreme rules match on Saturday. I can't see them losing the titles already, so it won't be a straight up AoP destruction. But they have to be out of the match unless Aleister Black is losing (not likely) or going full Super Cena. Maybe Black will finally get some allies? Some large bearded allies with Viking proclivities?

Sanity run in after the tag match for a beatdown to set up a rematch at WM weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wonderfully old school

https://twitter.com/QoSBaszler/status/956643950537920513

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/956648062541180928

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAlDyzqtApQ

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Looks like tonight is Kairi's first match since TakeOver: War Games

https://twitter.com/KairiSaneWWE/status/956650244246327296

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Touch the bar to your chest :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stale Saltines posted:

Touch the bar to your chest :colbert:

He's saving the chest touching for when he gets in there against Kassius Ohno :heysexy:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Yessssss

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Kairi's first match since 18th November. It has been widely suspected she had a neck injury:

https://twitter.com/NationPod/status/956689895577276421

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/956552503511920640

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

rovert posted:

Kairi's first match since 18th November. It has been widely suspected she had a neck injury:

Not that I don't believe that, but did the suspicion arise due to the picture she took with Kassius in Japan where it looked like she was wearing a neck brace? Because if so, I'm pretty sure that's one of the surgeon masks that the Japanese wear over there to prevent the spread of disease. She just had it down for the photo.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

Not that I don't believe that, but did the suspicion arise due to the picture she took with Kassius in Japan where it looked like she was wearing a neck brace? Because if so, I'm pretty sure that's one of the surgeon masks that the Japanese wear over there to prevent the spread of disease. She just had it down for the photo.

True.

Meltzer said she was "banged up" but never elaborated.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert posted:

Roddy/Lars was going to be on the NXT TV show recorded before Takeover.

But everything Lars has been axed for the time being.

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/956708405632290817

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Okay, I'll bite. Why is Roddy in a #1 Contender's Match for the UK title? He isn't from the UK, last I checked!!! :mad:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Finally watching this week's NXT and I can't believe no one mentioned TM61 referencing Pokemon.

These videos are great. I wish WWE let their performers show their personalities / natural charisma like this more often.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

DarkstarIV posted:

Okay, I'll bite. Why is Roddy in a #1 Contender's Match for the UK title? He isn't from the UK, last I checked!!! :mad:

I guess if the UK show isn't happening you might as well make it the NXT midcard belt.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like they've had non-Brits challenging Dunne and Bate before. And as much as I love seeing Dunne and Bate, please have Roddy win that, we don't need to see British Strong Style explode AGAIN for the fourth time in a year.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I'm in the middle of watching the first episode of NXT in, like a year and a half and gently caress drat you guys were right, Velveteen Dream and Alliester Black seem pretty loving cool

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I'm in the middle of watching the first episode of NXT in, like a year and a half and gently caress drat you guys were right, Velveteen Dream and Alliester Black seem pretty loving cool

WATCH THEIR MATCH FROM NXT WAR GAMES NOW.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

With the hype around the feud I want to watch the major promos and angles first

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Side note: Paul Ellering looks and feels like a Metal Gear Solid boss

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

we don't need to see British Strong Style explode AGAIN for the fourth time in a year.

Well if this isn't the stupidest loving opinion I've seen in years...

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This is smart

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Their first confrontation is so amazing and I'm saddened they didn't follow the audience desire in that moment.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Anyone going to the NXT Toms River show tomorrow night? Last house show before Takeover/Rumble. Anyone think there could be some cool appearances? It’s like 2 miles from my house and my son is hoping for all kinds of random things like Sami and Bayley.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Douchebag posted:

Anyone going to the NXT Toms River show tomorrow night? Last house show before Takeover/Rumble. Anyone think there could be some cool appearances? It’s like 2 miles from my house and my son is hoping for all kinds of random things like Sami and Bayley.

There is virtually no chance of Bayley or Sami showing up. Sorry. As for appearances, it'll probably be similar to what NXT Albany was tonight. Appearances by Kairi Sane, Alister Black, etc.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

There is virtually no chance of Bayley or Sami showing up. Sorry. As for appearances, it'll probably be similar to what NXT Albany was tonight. Appearances by Kairi Sane, Alister Black, etc.

That’s fine honestly. He’s just going nuts thinking that since it’s the last NXT show before the weekend that there will be all kinds of crazy things going on haha. He’s 10, I gotta humor the kid 😀

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Strong/Dunne is going to be great.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

one impulse Megabus and hostel booking later, I'm going to TakeOver Philadelphia tomorrow :toot:

excited to eat a cheesesteak, see an old broken-rear end bell, take a photo of some steps for some reason, and yell at Adam Cole

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

abraham linksys posted:

one impulse Megabus and hostel booking later, I'm going to TakeOver Philadelphia tomorrow :toot:

excited to eat a cheesesteak, see an old broken-rear end bell, take a photo of some steps for some reason, and yell at Adam Cole

Get a roast pork and throw some hot sauce up there.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Philly roast pork is insanely better than cheesesteak

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

get the buffalo chickensteak imo

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Get a cheesesteak, a roast pork, and a pretzel because they are all great foods and we need to stop thinking of everything as a binary choice. Also because you are a goon and that should amount to a light snack.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

man these center stage tapings just confirms to me that they need to take the tv tapings on the road every so often. hopefully it leads to full sail not being hot garbo when they come back.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Inside the mind of wrestling genius Kassius Ohno
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stazUO2OEOU

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/956978724913795072

rovert fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 26, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

STONE COLD 64 posted:

man these center stage tapings just confirms to me that they need to take the tv tapings on the road every so often. hopefully it leads to full sail not being hot garbo when they come back.

you might be happy to hear they're taping again at full sail on feb 1 and 2 (which I think will carry them all the way through Mania, which is kinda crazy)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

abraham linksys posted:

you might be happy to hear they're taping again at full sail on feb 1 and 2 (which I think will carry them all the way through Mania, which is kinda crazy)

Nah, supposedly they added one last set of tapings in March....at Full Sail. :negative:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

DarkstarIV posted:

Nah, supposedly they added one last set of tapings in March....at Full Sail. :negative:

oh that makes sense for 3 episodes a taping; I thought Mania was a week earlier than it actually is and they'd just do 4 eps at each

eh, maybe Full Sail will be extra appreciative since it'll have been a couple months, at least :v:

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I firmly believe Hero is one of the best if not the best workers in the business right now, so it's cool to see this spotlight on him. I just wish they would do a little more with him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I wonder how much effort it took for Terry Taylor to say nice things about him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

I wonder how much effort it took for Terry Taylor to say nice things about him

"OK, Terry, the cameras are off"

"HE'S FAT!"