Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Episode 6 was great. Episode 7 was dumb as gently caress (everyone was being stupid, a trope AoS usually avoids). Episode 8 was a bit of a mess, but enjoyable all the same.

Also, from pages ago:

sunday at work posted:

The only decent time travel stories are about how to get out of a loop you are stuck in. And the only good one of those is that one episode of Stargate SG1

Ahem Star Trek TNG: Cause and Effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I can't think of any time travel stuff that stands out to me from TV shows but there have been movies that do it well. 12 Monkeys is my favorite, although it's not really a time loop. Primer owns too and as far as I can remember it makes sense at least according to its own internal logic.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

kayakyakr posted:

Episode 6 was great. Episode 7 was dumb as gently caress (everyone was being stupid, a trope AoS usually avoids). Episode 8 was a bit of a mess, but enjoyable all the same.

Also, from pages ago:

sunday posted:

The only decent time travel stories are about how to get out of a loop you are stuck in. And the only good one of those is that one episode of Stargate SG1

Ahem Star Trek TNG: Cause and Effect

Window of Opportunity is probably my favorite episode of any television show ever.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aleph Null posted:

Window of Opportunity is probably my favorite episode of any television show ever.

IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Rhyno posted:

IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING

"I'm taking this loop off."

More shows need this in their time travel loops shows, though.

quote:

Daniel Jackson: On the other hand, it's kind of an opportunity.

Jack O'Neill: How's that?

Daniel Jackson: Well think about it, I mean if you knew in advance that everything was going to go back to the way it was then...

[Teal'c stops writing to listen to the conversation]

Daniel Jackson: you could do anything. For as long as you want, without having to worry about consequences.

[pause O'Neill rises from his chair]

Jack O'Neill: Excuse me.

[O'Neill leaves. Teal'c nods to Jackson and also leaves]

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm gonna go watch that episode now. It was fun.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Aww, no love for Farscape, "...Different Destinations?"

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Groundhog Day. Best Time Loop Anything. :colbert:

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Dr. Gargunza posted:

Aww, no love for Farscape, "...Different Destinations?"

That scene with Harvey is one of my favorites. Him playing 'home on the range' on a harmonica while the horrible poo poo is happening around them - to a Crichton who is just resigned and powerless, having to sit there and deal with it until it's over - beautiful. I honestly think the actual episode is overlong, but that scene is something I cherish.

It even pays off a bit later (in Unrealized Reality), but probably would have been more fleshed out in a hypothetical season 5.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeIn6mmhWI

ashpanash fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jan 27, 2018

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ashpanash posted:

That scene with Harvey is one of my favorites. Him playing 'home on the range' on a harmonica while the horrible poo poo is happening around them - to a Crichton who is just resigned and powerless, having to sit there and deal with it until it's over - beautiful. I honestly think the actual episode is overlong, but that scene is something I cherish.

It even pays off a bit later (in Unrealized Reality), but probably would have been more fleshed out in a hypothetical season 5.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeIn6mmhWI

Urge to rewatch ... rising.

Harvey really was the gift that kept on giving.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Plastics are very useful

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I'm kinda hoping they end up putting daisy's inhibitor into robin after everything's been fixed just so the poor girl can live a normal life.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Aw yeah let's get Marvel Zombies up in this bitch...

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
It's a magical place.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mylan posted:

I'm kinda hoping they end up putting daisy's inhibitor into robin after everything's been fixed just so the poor girl can live a normal life.

But then she wouldn't have the premonitions that lead to SHIELD getting pulled to the future to save the world where they wouldn't have gotten the inhibitor to stop Robin's premonitions so she'd have them to pull SHIELD into the future where they'd find her inhibitor and then she wouldn't have her prem...

I hate time travel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh hey, they loving explained how the atmosphere still... exists.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I hope the next POD isn't showing the entire failed time loop

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Good lord, the episodes only halfway done?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aw hes trying so hard

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
RIP to angry blue lady

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Noooooo Sinara :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lol owned

I'll miss the greatest love story ever told tho, RIP Sinara

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's nice to see all their plans work!

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Ahahahah. Beaten by his tendency to monologue like an idiot.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I feel like the gif of Kasius going "Nooooo" is going to get a lot of use.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

There's something hilarious about that Kree in a lab coat

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Did he bring the telepath back to life?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Alright, spergs. Time to do your thing. Who is Kasius' Seer?

A handful of people on Reddit are saying Raina, but I think that's just too big of a strech. Is it Ben, brought back to life, as nooneofconsequence is asking? Some people are thinking it will be Dove Cameron's character.

But the thing that has the most traction on Reddit is that it's Yo-Yo. They say that when she went to fight in the flashback last episode, she got caught. Kasius has been using her for his Inhuman gene work, it's how he knew her name (both nickname and real name) and powers, and now she's beeing tortured to tell what happens. Of course, that just adds more time travel fuckery...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

God I hope the next POD isn't showing the entire failed time loop

I really hope not but it's looking that way. That same hallway set they use for everything is seriously depressing.

Regy Rusty posted:

Plastics are very useful

Enoch owns.

He can bring her back! He has the technology! :v: (may or may not work on Kree)

e: I hope the Inhuman making stuff they blew up is different from just being able to make normal humans. Otherwise Mack just made the human race functionally extinct.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 27, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I guess with the new information from this episode I can revise my theory:

gently caress time travel

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Kheldarn posted:

But the thing that has the most traction on Reddit is that it's Yo-Yo. They say that when she went to fight in the flashback last episode, she got caught. Kasius has been using her for his Inhuman gene work, it's how he knew her name (both nickname and real name) and powers, and now she's beeing tortured to tell what happens. Of course, that just adds more time travel fuckery...

Thought the same myself because it was surprising how Cassius suddenly knew her when they had never interacted before. This would lend credence to the idea that the "flashback" is indeed a flashforward instead. Mack dies fighting Cassius. Yoyo and gang go back in time. When the timeline plays out, Yoyo is first in line to fight the kree and go after Cassius but ends up captured instead.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
Or the flashback was a regular ol' flashback, and when original Yo-Yo went off to fight the Kree (and Mack had died in the cataclysm or at the Kree's hands), and Kasius knows her from that encounter.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

"another Mom face" :laffo:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dangit Sinara, you jumped straight at someone with a pike. You deserved that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Habibi posted:

Or the flashback was a regular ol' flashback, and when original Yo-Yo went off to fight the Kree (and Mack had died in the cataclysm or at the Kree's hands), and Kasius knows her from that encounter.

I think it's this one. actually I changed my mind. It's original Robin, captured after May is killed or dies of old age. Second timeline Robin obviously wouldn't interact with the Kree because she is protected by Mr Observer but Robin Prime is stuck there as she ages up. Yo-Yo could still be captured in this scenario but how would she know how things end?

Why the gently caress are y'all spoilering this e: i shall comply

I'm gonna be mad if someone I actually like dies though. Kill Deke! He's a bitch!

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 27, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Bruceski posted:

Dangit Sinara, you jumped straight at someone with a pike. You deserved that.

It might have worked out a little better if she didn't jump in slow motion.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It might have worked out a little better if she didn't jump in slow motion.

May had her revenge

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. S5 - Plastics are very useful but often underappreciated

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know why we're spoiling this as its just speculation unless someone is cheating, but I respect a poster's desire not to be spoiled and am not one of those rear end who posts spoilers for fun, so whatever...

I absolutely think the seer is Yo-Yo, and I have a really deep speculated theory. YoYo led the human rebellion against Kasius and it failed. Kasius made a deal with the humans to give over YoYo and the inhumans for him to experiment on and he'd let them live as his servants. They took it and betrayed YoYo and generations of their children. That's why Kasius was so smug about how the deal for "inhumans for humans" had already been made and they'd "always turn on one another." Kasius has been experimenting on YoYo, killing her, and bringing her back to life the same way he did Tess. She's been through it for decades and is quite mad and subservient. Its how Kasius has gotten all his info about SHIELD all along, as well as his basis for inhuman experimentation.

That's my theory. I'll take fries with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hot drat, geokinesis is a great way of describing Flint's powers. How delightfully cromulent.

Enoch remains a treasure and oh dear, they can bring people back from the dead. I am not looking forward to Sinara's round 2.