Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DrBrezo posted:

In finnish i thought it was pronounced fah-zer no?

Z just denotes ts in Finnish but Fazer Brainflow is obviously not a Finnish name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DrBrezo posted:

In finnish i thought it was pronounced fah-zer no?

Is this the Two Minutes Hate scene from the latest Nineteen Eighty-Four remake?

Or perhaps an Apple advertisement?

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Who What Now posted:

Agreed. I work in the stone and chisel industry and I often lament how just any rube off the street thinks they can pick up a quill and inkwell and just start writing things down.

Wait 'til I tell you about this guy named Guttenberg. You'll never believe what he's doing...

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Wait 'til I tell you about this guy named Guttenberg. You'll never believe what he's doing...

Movies about students of policing?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Pictured: notorious eccentric and early 19th century MP John Mytton, who set his shirt on fire to see if it would cure his hiccups.

The full story is here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
He has a bit of a point that part of the reason we have a glut of unemployed college graduates (and unemployed young people in general) is because students are given terrible advice at every stage of their life about the education they 'should' pursue, but I don't think that's meant to be the point he wants to make.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is that an actual quote? Because I don't see anything objectionable about it.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

INBOX

Subject: lotion trial

Dear lotion mom,

I tried your free lotion. Its very sticky, does not wash easily and has a very distinctive smell. It does seem edible but did not taste good.

Overall 4/10

Sincerely,

Janet

Subject: Re: lotion trial

Dear Janet,

lol u ate cum

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

"Lotion author" is a fantastic title.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

His website aesthetics really loving suck

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Is this the Two Minutes Hate scene from the latest Nineteen Eighty-Four remake?

Or perhaps an Apple advertisement?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I like this.
:golfclap:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

same though

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/BadmanBegins/status/956630644838359041

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

(._.)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

pls dont post so many images of ol musky, this isnt the cursed thread

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So did Musky have that other guy killed and that's why I don't know who he is?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

So did Musky have that other guy killed and that's why I don't know who he is?
that's Peter Thiel, and Musk probably wishes he could.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Peter Thiel has regular infusions of child's blood because he believes it will prolong his lifespan

That's not a joke.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Oh. I've never actually seen a picture of the man before.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I think I saw him at this party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgQMTLKmwrA

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

drat. :(

Are cats okay? :ohdear:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Hirayuki posted:

That one isn't.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I know this lady, and she was not joking. This isn't even one of the craziest things she's posted.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hirayuki posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLrno4mpQaI

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

LargeHadron posted:

I know this lady, and she was not joking. This isn't even one of the craziest things she's posted.

how does she know, does she elaborate?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That statistic isn't true and is really misleading. It includes every instance involving a firearm or something similar being discharged at or near a school, including two suicides and a dude shooting a BB gun at a school bus.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

LargeHadron posted:

Oh I know! I know! Maybe the problem is they're dumb loving thoughts!

...or maybe they're dumb loving prayers. Hmmm.... maybe this isn't as simple as I thought.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

chitoryu12 posted:

That statistic isn't true and is really misleading. It includes every instance involving a firearm or something similar being discharged at or near a school, including two suicides and a dude shooting a BB gun at a school bus.

The idea that assholes firing their guns at or near a school only counts if children die is pretty loving stupid.

That's like arguing that your mom cheating on your dad with everybody on the continent doesn't count because she isn't getting pregnant.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

Well gently caress, guess we finally solved the problem of gun violence in America then. Thank God.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

biracial bear for uncut posted:

The idea that assholes firing their guns at or near a school only counts if children die is pretty loving stupid.

That's like arguing that your mom cheating on your dad with everybody on the continent doesn't count because she isn't getting pregnant.

That's a terrible simile.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

chitoryu12 posted:

Pretty sure those should still count dude.

I don't understand why Americans seem to think gun suicides don't count as gun violence.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

PittTheElder posted:

Pretty sure those should still count dude.

I don't understand why Americans seem to think gun suicides don't count as gun violence.

The phrase "gun violence" is used one time in that article. The phrase in question is "school shootings" which a man committing suicide outside of a school certainly isn't.

Arguing that any kind of gun violence just in the general vicinity of a school is a "school shooting" is kind of like the people going on about the 50 million babies murdered since roe v wade.

Garrand has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
A shooting that occurs on school property is literally a school shooting.

Anyway, https://imgur.com/gallery/P2uL3