Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
so is there not a way to do like character select on quickmatch? you can only do preset teams and stuff? that seems really dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Big Scary Owl posted:

Punishing super dashes with 2H is not as easy as I thought it was going to be lol, I can't react to it fast enough

Yeah gonna take some getting used to. And when input lag sneaks in making it worse.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
1. play blue goku
2. hit light attack repeatedly
3. win all games

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hit is really smooth and has great oki. Goku Black is nice all around. SSB Vegeta is a great anchor.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

For some reason I can't use my directionals while editing teams for online. They work everywhere else, both on keyboard and on my stick, but not in that specific menu. So I can get in, but I can only select the first team slot to edit (up and down don't work) and I can't even actually edit the characters (left and right don't work either.)

I'm hoping someone will tell me I'm retarded and missing something really simple.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

RBX posted:

Hit is really smooth and has great oki. Goku Black is nice all around. SSB Vegeta is a great anchor.

I'm really enjoying Beerus and Cell but I'm struggling to find a third character I like. Using Frieza for the moment for that amazing assist but I'm not really committed.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

so is there not a way to do like character select on quickmatch? you can only do preset teams and stuff? that seems really dumb

Isn't picking your preset teams the equivalent of a character select anyways?

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Big Scary Owl posted:

Punishing super dashes with 2H is not as easy as I thought it was going to be lol, I can't react to it fast enough
Also everyone hit boxes are different. I have more success hitting a 2H with certain fighters.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

there's no such thing as console games, just PC games trapped in a worthless shell, waiting to be free
I'd roll my eyes, if my past 72 hours haven't been spent fixing all the poo poo Windows broke with their fall update.

I look forward to fighting the OS to get my game to work tonight.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Was being facetious but I now regret causing hurt in the dragonball thread. I apologize

You still haven't posted any of those game-breaking techniques you mentioned.

hurry up and teach me sempai

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Nittomata/status/957006895780212736

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

MelvinBison posted:

You still haven't posted any of those game-breaking techniques you mentioned.

hurry up and teach me sempai

If you press light attack repeatedly, you'll lock your opponent into an inescapable combo that will instantly destroy all 3 of his characters

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
holy hell the story mode is long

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Lobster Harmonica posted:

If you press light attack repeatedly, you'll lock your opponent into an inescapable combo that will instantly destroy all 3 of his characters

auto combo is negative on block

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How do I do piccolo's combo challenge 10, I've been at for almost a hour and I loving hate this character. Demon Slicer never comes out and Piccolo keeps doing this retarded rear end gazelle kick instead

I'm glad I never have to touch piccolo again after this.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

How do I do piccolo's combo challenge 10, I've been at for almost a hour and I loving hate this character. Demon Slicer never comes out and Piccolo keeps doing this retarded rear end gazelle kick instead

I'm glad I never have to touch piccolo again after this.

It's an awkward combo. You have to input 6S earlier than you think, and input 214H slightly later than you think.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

Let him have his moment.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

It's mental + frames.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

You're going to love this, trust me. (presses x)
What you're seeing now is my normal state. (presses x)
This is a super saiyan. (presses x)
And this. (presses x)
This is what is known as a super saiyan (presses x)
That has ascended past a super saiyan (presses x)
Or, you could just call this a super saiyan two. (presses x)

AND THIS. (presses x)

AND THIS IS TO GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND (presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)
(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)
(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)(presses x)

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVPT0JT1dOw

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Huh, is this real and from this game? Are those the DLC characters?

Broly, Bardock, Janemba, Kefla, Toppo, Jiren...and I have no idea who the last two are meant to be. "Kid" doesn't seem like anything (Kid Buu is already in the game, and I don't think Japan ever uses "Kid" to refer to him or to Gohan's youngest playable version anyways), while the only thing I can think of with Fuu is the Online/Xenoverse character.

Beyond that it looks credible, I guess. It's just the movie + ToP pack.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Who is Fuu?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fuu is a villain from Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2/Dragon Ball Online. Who'd be a really, really weird pull. I'm trying to think of if Fuu could mean something besides that guy but I cant think of anything.

Kid probably refers to Kid Goku. No idea if it's legit, I've just seen it on 4chan and reddit. It's definitely supposed to be the DLC characters though, the number matches up.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Can't believe they snubbed roshi

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
Kefla but no Califla? Bah I dont buy it.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

No Lunch = no sale.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kefla and kid goku means i'm happy

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wheres cooler wtf

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

Pillbug

Macksy posted:

Kefla is Kale and Califla fused.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Macksy posted:

Technically Kefla means Caulifla is also in the game

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
If your opponent picks jiren you just lose automatically and it uninstalls your game.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

This game is so good, holy poo poo. :allears:

I have no idea who I want on a team yet. I’ve surprisingly gotten attached to android 18, which I absolutely was not expecting. I’m terrible at using 17 at all but doing a simple combo and ending with her super does surprisingly solid damage for little effort. I wish her command grab had more than two inches of range though, I’m not sure how you’re supposed to use it at all yet but the day is young

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
whys my old rear end ps3 stick not working

e: it works for ggxrd on pc wtf arcsys

barkbell fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jan 27, 2018

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Currently playing on a PS2 controller and my thumbs are now ground meat.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
In Trunks's last combo challenge, how do you get the slide to hit after the vanish?

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Dash before it.

Cooler sucks and isn't getting in.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

If accurate, that's mostly a good group, though I'd rather see Roshi and Ribrianne than the last two.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i wish i could play with my friends online....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cancelling trunk's flip with j.L and then being able to dash anywhere out of it is pretty rad. And then you can do those instant overheads with his little aerial sword attack...he's so badass.