Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

What happened to the two Nissans and the second Mazda?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

wicka posted:

What happened to the two Nissans and the second Mazda?

Mechanical gremlins kept both them from running on the pace, and in the case of #70 it didn't even leave the garage.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Schlesische posted:

If you're Aston Martin it probably doesn't make sense to burn even more money on races only die hards will ever watch.
I absolutely don't understand why Corvette doesn't do IMSA.

If you meant “why doesn’t Corvette do WEC@ the answer is very simple. It can sell every Corvette it can build here in the US and doesn’t care about marketing it abroad enough to justify the cost of a WEC effort. Whereas it very much cares about an IMSA program because that does sell more Corvettes here.

Re: Mazda, I spent a long time chatting to their people this week. They are convinced the Cadillacs are going to dominate this weekend and will be happy if they finish first among the non-Cadillac DPis.

drgitlin fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Jan 26, 2018

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

orange juche posted:

Mechanical gremlins kept both them from running on the pace, and in the case of #70 it didn't even leave the garage.

I think the #22 Nissan did go out but crashed and had to retire from qualifying. The #77 Mazda definitely did not go out, apparently the team saw some telemetry during practice 2 that made them bring it into the garage yet again.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Does Neuville still wear those e-sports glasses?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

julian assflange posted:

Does Neuville still wear those e-sports glasses?

Rip your avatar.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

drgitlin posted:

If you meant “why doesn’t Corvette do WEC@ the answer is very simple. It can sell every Corvette it can build here in the US and doesn’t care about marketing it abroad enough to justify the cost of a WEC effort. Whereas it very much cares about an IMSA program because that does sell more Corvettes here.

Re: Mazda, I spent a long time chatting to their people this week. They are convinced the Cadillacs are going to dominate this weekend and will be happy if they finish first among the non-Cadillac DPis.

I believe somebody with Corvette has said “Le Mans is our global effort,” which, yes, fine, but still doesn’t mean I can’t wish they could join in. Would make the world championship even better.

Looking forward to seeing Mazda and Joest getting into it. And seeing your inevitable article on the race.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
I had to turn down an invite to go this year, which made me sad but at the same time I’ve been traveling every week this month and am away next week too. That one will be of interest, I’m going to Charlotte to take a look at the technology behind NASCAR.

A piece on the Rolex 24 might be delayed because we’re having people over all day on Sunday so I don’t know when I’m going to watch the end of the race. :(

Also working on lining up a feature about the Mazda DPi; trying to see if they’ll let me drive the simulator in Canada...

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

drgitlin posted:

I had to turn down an invite to go this year, which made me sad but at the same time I’ve been traveling every week this month and am away next week too. That one will be of interest, I’m going to Charlotte to take a look at the technology behind NASCAR.

A piece on the Rolex 24 might be delayed because we’re having people over all day on Sunday so I don’t know when I’m going to watch the end of the race. :(

Also working on lining up a feature about the Mazda DPi; trying to see if they’ll let me drive the simulator in Canada...

You should've just bought SpeedSource's amazing simulator at the auction a month ago

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Ive seen pro-am setups that have better simulators than speedsource did, and speedsource had factory backing. I would rather teams spend their cash on the track than on an off-season sim rig but drat it was a 39 inch TV and a thrustmaster t150 wheel lol.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

iospace posted:

Rip your avatar.

:pwn: yeah. Overdue a change anyway

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
Mikkelsen who was probably in the best position to challenge Ogier out with alternator issues. That sucks. I hope Big Ott will have some pace

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
Footage from the first stage where everyone hosed up yesterday. Who would have known slicks on ice is pretty slippery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQfitw_C7Co

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Humbug posted:

Footage from the first stage where everyone hosed up yesterday. Who would have known slicks on ice is pretty slippery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQfitw_C7Co

You know its good when the guys pushing the car out are slipping on the road

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
Rally is the only sport i can think of where a guy in a pink panther/pig costume and his friends can make a tangible positive difference to the result. There is no way Neuville would have gotten out on his own, but he has a chance to score some points now.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/DTNweatherIntel/status/956898281849806848

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

:getin:

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Conti race is a cluster of gently caress

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress yesssssssss

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

financially racist posted:

gently caress yesssssssss

:ohdear:

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

CHAOS REIGNS

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

poster->post combo

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
At least it's to be warm this year, instead of 34 and raining sideways with tires that refuse to come up to temp on PC cars

e: dear michelin, please bring your slicktermediates to IMSA next year

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

34 and raining sideways with tires that refuse to come up to temp on PC cars

I see no problem with this combination. Put on the Benny Hill theme and you got a party :getin:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

https://www.motorsport.com/imsa/news/bmw-unfair-balance-of-performance-daytona-999646/

BMW take the coveted title of being the first to publicly start moaning about their BoP.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ott Tanak seems to be taking to the Toyota well which owns.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Light rain shower at Daytona right now, visible on imsatv

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly reminder: we do have a discord if you want to hang out there: https://discord.gg/kg3d2Uu

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Completely irrational fan take I don't really totally mean: gently caress Ricky Taylor.

...I probably would do the exact same thing he did given a chance to drive for Penske and whatever that might entail in other levels of racing, so I can't fault him, but it was fun to pull for them both in the same car. Go The 10 Car.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Lol on the formation lap, Jesus Christ

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Oooo they upgraded the leader lights with pit timers, number of seconds in purple

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

good god Greg Creamer sucks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How did we get so many prototypes? Weren't there like 13 last year?

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Turns out when your fastest class is very close to being the cheapest to run in the series, a lot of people come and play. GTDs costs keep climbing, and the new LMP2s are cost capped.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Mazda trike

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm the passed out dude in that shot.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Ferrari doing what Ferraris do best :supaburn:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Well I wanted to watch a bit of the 24hrs, but on my PC the imsa tv website won't recognize the race has started and is only showing old videos, and on my laptop it's trying to show the race but the video won't load. The joys of the internet...

edit: http://www.radiolemans.co/imsa-live-video-stream/ works!

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 27, 2018

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Imagine my surprise that I wonder in 4 hours late and discover the 3 Multimatic or Multimatic based cars are running 37th, 40th and 47th in a field of 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So what's the story of Team Joest being broken and dragging halfway back through the overall field? Mechanical gremlins, car off the pace? Crash?