Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So as not to continue cluttering up the Awesome AI thread with Forza chat, I bring you the Semi Official But Not Really Official AI Racing Game Megathread For Nerds To Post About Their Vidya Game Cars. If this thread sees some actual interest and use I'll be editing this OP over time to include everyone's games of choice, platform, etc. Feel free to post your Gamertag / PSN, what games you're looking to play with your fellow IRL Cool Dudes, share screenshots / videos / what have you of your sweet virtual rides... Go hog wild!

I'll also be trying to add in some various helpful links and such.

Okay, but what games are you guys playing and where do I go about getting them?
Forza Motorsport 7
Forza Horizon 3 | Hot Wheels Expansion | Blizzard Mountain Expansion
Gran Turismo Sport

:siren: There is a general Goon racing club for Horizon 3 already for those interested. Search for GRRC. If there's enough interest we can make an AI specific one! Feel free to let me know if you have one for any other games and i'll throw them up here as well :siren:

A helpful, handy list of your fellow posters and ways you can virtually race with them:
  1. SA: T1g4h ( Xbox Live: T1g4h - Steam: T1g4h )
  2. SA: Elmnt80 ( Xbox Live: Elmnt80 )
  3. SA: Thief ( Xbox Live: BreakSet - Steam: breakset )
  4. SA: Boaz MacPhereson ( Xbox Live: Boaz MacPherson )
  5. SA: Darchangel ( Xbox Live: Krap Nuclear )
  6. SA: IOwnCalculus ( Xbox Live: IOwnCalculus )
  7. SA: Mad Dragon ( Xbox Live: Mad Dragon 1977 )
  8. SA: Hello Spaceman ( Xbox Live: hello spaceman - PSN: hellospaceman )
  9. SA: sadnessboner ( Xbox Live: blanket sound )
  10. SA: Real Gaiman ( Xbox Live: WideEar46 )
  11. SA: Delivery McGee ( Xbox Live: DeliveryMcgee )
  12. SA: Falken ( Xbox Live: Paparazzi Tengu )
  13. SA: Maker of Shoes ( Xbox Live: uberingram )
  14. SA: boxen ( Xbox Live: b0xen )
  15. SA: Trampus ( Xbox Live: TrampusSA )
  16. SA: drgitlin ( PSN: drjonboyg )

Just a small sample of things you can expect when you go virtually racing with your favorite internet forum users:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Apr 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Reserved for future use / infodumps / screenshots

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Yay. Finally found a quick and dirty way to 3 star all the drift zones in the main game. Embrace my inner bunta fujiwara and slam a 22B STI through every one full sideways. I got bored of trying to do this the right way with a custom rwd tune on an S15 or similar, so gently caress it, quick and dirty it is.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Jan 25, 2018

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Can you cross play Horizon from xbone to pc?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Puddin posted:

Can you cross play Horizon from xbone to pc?

Yup! It's totally possible to buy it on PC and do online races and freeroam with Xbone users and vice versa.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Sweet! I may pick it up. I sold my xbone ages ago as it was just gathering dust.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Posting here just to say that I loving hate that drifting has now infested all of the racing games that I love. Drift Zone Score: 0. gently caress you.

Anyway, I need to renew my gold subscription so I can play with some of you clowns. XBL tag is Boaz MacPherson. I'm already in GRRC in FH3 but I'm not above jumping ship for an AI group if we make one.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Anyone else play project cars 2?

Any idea if Forza on PC supports VR?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
SA: Thief ( Xbox Live: BreakSet - Steam: breakset )

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Posting here just to say that I loving hate that drifting has now infested all of the racing games that I love.

drift zones were the best part of horizon :snoop: ...well that and the HotWheelz dlc

7 is a good late night drinking game. Many Aussies holdin onto their Holdens racing American car nerds that refuse to accept Japanese supremacy because their dads said so

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Posting here just to say that I loving hate that drifting has now infested all of the racing games that I love. Drift Zone Score: 0. gently caress you.

Anyway, I need to renew my gold subscription so I can play with some of you clowns. XBL tag is Boaz MacPherson. I'm already in GRRC in FH3 but I'm not above jumping ship for an AI group if we make one.

Gold starred all the drift zones in the main game and got top 10 in grrc on a couple of the more difficult ones. Seriously, 22B it up and 4 wheel drift that poo poo. Drifting is fun!

Just go into a private online freeroam to get rid of driveatars. Makes drift zones and speed zones so much easier.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Iracing is all I have and I rarely play. :smith:

I'm in the goons group (see the other iracing thread for access) and I think I've crashed into IOC at least once during GoonCar.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Both of my roommates have Forza 7 but I have a ps4 so GT Sport is my poo poo. If anyone wants to beat me I guess I need a gamertag or something.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Elmnt80 posted:

Yay. Finally found a quick and dirty way to 3 star all the drift zones in the main game. Embrace my inner bunta fujiwara and slam a 22B STI through every one full sideways. I got bored of trying to do this the right way with a custom rwd tune on an S15 or similar, so gently caress it, quick and dirty it is.

May try this. Or just put skinny crap tires on the Mad Max falcon with 1000 HP. Tend to end up facing the wrong way that way though.

Elmnt80 posted:

Gold starred all the drift zones in the main game and got top 10 in grrc on a couple of the more difficult ones. Seriously, 22B it up and 4 wheel drift that poo poo. Drifting is fun!

Just go into a private online freeroam to get rid of driveatars. Makes drift zones and speed zones so much easier.

You're just full of protips. Hadn't thought of that. Traffic is incredibly annoying doing the average speed zones and speed cameras.

I'm Krap Nuclear on Xbox Live, BTW. No, really. I let my friends participate in creating my Xbox ID way back int he days of Halo 1 on the original XBOX. I kept it because... irony? It's unique, at least, and doesn't involve a string of numbers after my chosen name or a bunch of special characters and/or punctuation.
Currently have Forza Horizon 3, and the freebie Project Cars they gave away as a Games With Gold some time back, though I've not played that. Also Forza 3 and 4 (I think. Maybe just 4. Need to check) for 360, which play on the Bone. I have a PS3 with GT5, but have literally not put the disk in the machine. Or booted it in some time.
On most weekend nights, a few weeknights.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Elmnt80 posted:

You got the wick turned up on that 22B at all or just run As-Purchased?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I used one of the tunes made by someone else. Named XP drift madness by gamegobbler1. Literally one of the first 5 starred tunes I tried for the car. It may also only be on the Horizon Edition of the car, not sure. But really the setup is kinda simple and you can likely find something similar on other cars if you search that cars tuning files for awd drift tunes. Tons of power, awd, a balanced suspension and enough toe to make the car inherently unstable at speed so you can chuck it hard and carry a big angle at speed while still being recoverable. The biggest thing that kept me from doing a tune of my own like I have been for everything else is that most of the work goes into adjusting your gearing so you're consistently 2k rpm or so from redline while in 3rd or 4th gear during the grip.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I joined GRRC ages ago (as IOwnCalculus, of course) but is there ever any scheduled shenanigans like there was back in the day with regular Forza (group2bestgroup2)?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

I used one of the tunes made by someone else. Named XP drift madness by gamegobbler1. Literally one of the first 5 starred tunes I tried for the car. It may also only be on the Horizon Edition of the car, not sure. But really the setup is kinda simple and you can likely find something similar on other cars if you search that cars tuning files for awd drift tunes. Tons of power, awd, a balanced suspension and enough toe to make the car inherently unstable at speed so you can chuck it hard and carry a big angle at speed while still being recoverable. The biggest thing that kept me from doing a tune of my own like I have been for everything else is that most of the work goes into adjusting your gearing so you're consistently 2k rpm or so from redline while in 3rd or 4th gear during the grip.

And again.
I have yet to explore tunes by others. Didn't even realize that was a thing, but makes sense, given the livery by others.
Perhaps I should RTFM or something.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Adiabatic posted:

Both of my roommates have Forza 7 but I have a ps4 so GT Sport is my poo poo. If anyone wants to beat me I guess I need a gamertag or something.

I always thought I'd end up with a PS4 after having all the previous Playstations, but I'm making the switch just so I can play Forza. It seems like GT has been taking a backseat to Forza for awhile now, the reviews for GT Sport are not good from what I've seen.

Maybe you can hijack you're roomate's xbone to play Forza with us :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I always thought I'd end up with a PS4 after having all the previous Playstations, but I'm making the switch just so I can play Forza. It seems like GT has been taking a backseat to Forza for awhile now, the reviews for GT Sport are not good from what I've seen.

Maybe you can hijack you're roomate's xbone to play Forza with us :v:

There are only a few games that are exclusive on the PS3 and 4 that are compelling to me, and I've hated Sony's controller layout from the very beginning. I've got fairly large hands :quagmire: and twisting my hands to get my thumbs on both sticks hurts. I went so far as to seek out a PS3 controller that had the Xbox layout. Had a PS2 for years before I got the 360, and played a lot of stuff on that. Still have it, actually, and it's even connected. So is the PS3, but neither gets much use. My wife will break out one of the Gauntlet games on the PS2 from time to time.
Also, so far, Xbox Live Gold has been absolutely worth it in terms of the free games, if not the multiplayer capability. I'm a trailing edge gamer for a lot of them, so getting an older game or three for free every month is pretty cool. I had to add a 3TB drive to the Bone just to store them all.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

XBONE: Mad Dragon 1977

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

all yall need to play dirt rally if you havent yet

mini cooper 90 degree handbrake slides at cliffs edge

037 rwd deathbox exposed fuses along the dash

delta s4 actually feels like they detailed the turbocharging in an interesting and fun way because you can gently caress with the gear ratios and dont have to pay for :piss:

also supposedly it is the best VR car game around if you're into that stuff but idk i play it with a controller and bought it on sale and its way more than i expected. even clutch kicking works

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Mad Dragon posted:

Still incredibly jealous you have one of these :argh:

Thief posted:

all yall need to play dirt rally if you havent yet

mini cooper 90 degree handbrake slides at cliffs edge

037 rwd deathbox exposed fuses along the dash

delta s4 actually feels like they detailed the turbocharging in an interesting and fun way because you can gently caress with the gear ratios and dont have to pay for :piss:

also supposedly it is the best VR car game around if you're into that stuff but idk i play it with a controller and bought it on sale and its way more than i expected. even clutch kicking works

DiRT Rally is good poo poo. I used to play it with my G27 and it was a genuine workout. We're talking sore arms and sweating from wrestling with the wheel trying to keep my Opel Manta on the road by the time I finished a stage.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
Neat. AI car guys on my vidyagames sounds like a riot.

I've got a PS4 (Pcars, Pcars2, Dirt Rally, GT Sport) and Xbox One (Forza 7, Horizon 3).
XBL: hello spaceman
PSN: hellospaceman

Right now I'm not really in a position to make long-term "every tuesday night at 10pm" gaming commitments because I'm in the process of moving and thus don't have XBL/PSN subscriptions.
Instead, I look forward to seeing/sharing screenshots.

Maybe we can do the whole "time attack laptime challenge" thing here? Somebody picks a random car, another person a random track, and we :justpost:

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Keen to have more buddies to race with - my XBL is: blanket sound

honda whisperer posted:

Anyone else play project cars 2?

Any idea if Forza on PC supports VR?

I looked into this when those Windows mixed reality headsets were going cheap earlier this week, and as far as I can tell neither of the PC Forza titles have any VR support.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Time attack lap time challenge sounds fun. Set a track, car and if forza a performance index, everyone has x days to build a tune to their liking and pull out a time. I'd be down. :sun:

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Haven't played a vidya game in two decades; 5ed for the opening pic alone.

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I have Project Cars 2 and a Vive, but haven't gotten around to setting it up with my wheel and everything. I really should do that this weekend.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

What about a Gumball Rally? That would be fun although it may take up a lot of time some of us don't have.

Maybe cut it down mileage wise.

Real Gaiman
Apr 24, 2008
I never post here but I lurk way too much and have forza horizon 3. My xbl is WideEar46.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
DeiliveryMcgee in Forza 7.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

True fact: I *almost* modified my XBL name to "Krap Nukuler" when I recreated it for the 360, but decided one misspelling was enough.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

bolind posted:

Haven't played a vidya game in two decades; 5ed for the opening pic alone.

It's still one of my favorite moments from the glory days of Forza 4 :allears:

Applebees Appetizer posted:

What about a Gumball Rally? That would be fun although it may take up a lot of time some of us don't have.

Maybe cut it down mileage wise.

If more people had The Crew i'd say we could do it on there, but I think I might be one of the only people on SA who owns that game :v:

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

T1g4h posted:

If more people had The Crew i'd say we could do it on there, but I think I might be one of the only people on SA who owns that game :v:
I'm pretty sure it was one of the free games with gold a while back.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

IronDoge posted:

I have Project Cars 2 and a Vive, but haven't gotten around to setting it up with my wheel and everything. I really should do that this weekend.

It's worth the effort.

Also the online is surprisingly better than I expected since they ripped off iracings safety rating system.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
DeliveryMcGee in Forza 7. I subscribe to the "rubbin' is racin'" school, so, I might bump you.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I treat other drivers on track as ablative braking. Don't want to get hit, don't be in my loving way. :v:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

bump and be merry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byOjhzP1H70

once you embrace the Ben Hurr aspect of Forza multiplayer it becomes addicting to just ignore any sort of throttle management beyond full on/off until you're :yosbutt:ing everywhere

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Mad Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure it was one of the free games with gold a while back.

It was. I have it, have not played yet.

I also bash my way down the track, mainly because I lack the skill to do otherwise.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I really need to get back into this. I was so excited for FM7 and then after a few weeks I stopped playing entirely because I have only managed to do one race with goons. :(

Anyway have some cars I threw liveries together on:

Gamertag is: Paparazzi Tengu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

I finally got around to hooking up my Rift around Christmas. Any recommendations on a racing game that is rift compatible?

• Locked thread