Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Now that CR has promised that VR will be in the game let's watch Frontier scramble to integrate it into Elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

:lol: A+ thread title

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

monkeytek posted:

Some guy in Texas bought out all the remaining parts, tooling, drawings, etc. and is hoping to start selling them again. So even a ridiculed dead vehicle like the Delorean is still more active and real than SC.

I remember that guy. If I am not mistaken, he found out how much stainless steel for the body was going to cost for production and he got stuck.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Ya pretty much a used car site for Deloreans now and spare part dealer as well I guess.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

G0RF posted:

Few in industry would be in a better position to talk smack about everyone else. To crow, pound their chest, and lord their track record of moving from strength to strength in building a multi-billion juggernaut.

Yeah, but he *has* the stuff. He doesn't need to prove anything, just like Mandingo doesn't have to take his pants off to show he has the biggest dick in the room, anybody can see it from a mere glance.

G0RF posted:

It’s all such a stark contrast to Chris “ours has to be better than everybody else’s!” Roberts, to Lando’s “come at us, video games”, to John “Our game will kick other games in the rear end!”,Schimmell, to Sandi “I’m not saying I’m the magic ingredient but...” Gardiner.

... while Chris doesn't have it. Wing Commander helps but that was literal decades ago, so he has to stuff some really big sock down his pants and thrust the whole mess around to try and impress some nerds.

And it has worked well enough to convince a subset of people to a) believe him (how could be so cocksure otherwise!?) and b) give him money due to this belief. Of all the stupid things CIG has done, that's not one of them.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Reverse The Verse Jan 26 2018
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222623015?t=32m11s

@32:11

Chris Roberts:
YEAH on the VR FRONT, um, you know, the game's very much built to be VR FRIENDLY because, you know... like al-um... almost all the UI is DIAGETIC and the stuff that isn't we're putting more into being DIAGETIC and we wanna improve the whole DIAGETIC FEEL... ah... so... ahh... you know... our biggest HOLDBACK on the VR is really just we're still doing so much base level REFACTORING and the ENGINE and the RENDERER will, you know, be starting on you know, the X... the VULKAN, the X12 kinda REFACTOR as well, a-and we're doing so much OPTIMISATION that we sorta feel like, 'we've gotta get that done... FIRST', and... get the base level engine stuff more like FINISHED, not constantly working REFACTORING

And then we'll... we'll PUT VR...

Cos we had actual, you know, VR support quite a while ago but again as we CHANGE stuff it BREAKS and then your engine team, you go, 'are they gonna go fix the VR stuff? Are they writing that new... that new... you know like the PROCEDURAL PLANETS that EVERYBODY can experience', and... so that's always been... that's kind of what's happened in those situations

But once all that stabilises of course we're gonna go and get that supported and when we're building things, you know, we're aware of like I said the DI... putting everything in the world itself, ah... which is quite friendly for VR or... you know... and moving your head around and TRACKING the same thing it's like... we track... ah... your HEADLOOK and actually, you know, I... I'd thought that we'd turned it on in 3.0 but it will be something that you can disconnect your LOOK from your AIM... as a PLAYER... ah, you know the AI can already do that...

Cos that's also something that's potentially useful where you're... you know... you're a CERTAIN way, you don't have to look around to like move your gun to look at it

‘Star Citizen’ to Refocus on VR Support in Early 2016
https://www.roadtovr.com/star-citizen-to-refocus-on-vr-support-in-early-2016/

Chris Roberts:
The status of VR integration is that we’ve been pretty busy with getting [Alpha] 2.0 [out] and we’re trying to get 2.1 so I would say we still have some stuff to integrate from the most recent CryEngine drops. They’ve been actually doing quite a lot of VR, I’m pretty sure you guys have noticed that they’ve completely doubled down and they’re all VR now.

So there are some updates on VR that we need to integrate in. It’s a little more complicated because we’ve changed the engine so much, we’ve changed the rendering pipeline to enable us to do a lot of things that we need to do so it’s not very easy. Nowadays we’ve diverged from CryEngine where we don’t take regular updates from them any more although we will cherry pick certain features that maybe we’re not working on that we think would help out well and VR is a good example of that.

So it’s really just a matter of getting some engineering time in the Frankfurt team. The Frankfurt team… [includes many of] the guys that originally did the VR work at Crytek so they know it pretty well but I would be expecting it to get up to speed with the most recent [VR] stuff sometime early next year.

TL;DR:

2016:
Frankfurt team will be up to speed on VR integration after we integrate new CryEngine updates into the base engine.

We'll put in VR after we integrate Vulkan and X12 refactors into the base engine.

Don't forget the VR guy they hired who quit so "he could concentrate on VR again" or some excuse equally hilarious. Robert Space is outright lying in this instance.

Moxxis Endowment
Dec 11, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

G0RF posted:

Chris has apparently started to discover the virtues of project planning innyear 6.
Still no design doc though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Somebody just learned the word "diegetic"!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SomethingJones posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222623015?t=32m11s

@32:11

Chris Roberts:
YEAH on the VR FRONT, um, you know, the game's very much built to be VR FRIENDLY because, you know... like al-um... almost all the UI is DIAGETIC and the stuff that isn't we're putting more into being DIAGETIC and we wanna improve the whole DIAGETIC FEEL... ah... so... ahh... you know... our biggest HOLDBACK on the VR is really just we're still doing so much base level REFACTORING and the ENGINE and the RENDERER will, you know, be starting on you know, the X... the VULKAN, the X12 kinda REFACTOR as well, a-and we're doing so much OPTIMISATION that we sorta feel like, 'we've gotta get that done... FIRST', and... get the base level engine stuff more like FINISHED, not constantly working REFACTORING

And then we'll... we'll PUT VR...

Cos we had actual, you know, VR support quite a while ago but again as we CHANGE stuff it BREAKS and then your engine team, you go, 'are they gonna go fix the VR stuff? Are they writing that new... that new... you know like the PROCEDURAL PLANETS that EVERYBODY can experience', and... so that's always been... that's kind of what's happened in those situations

But once all that stabilises of course we're gonna go and get that supported and when we're building things, you know, we're aware of like I said the DI... putting everything in the world itself, ah... which is quite friendly for VR or... you know... and moving your head around and TRACKING the same thing it's like... we track... ah... your HEADLOOK and actually, you know, I... I'd thought that we'd turned it on in 3.0 but it will be something that you can disconnect your LOOK from your AIM... as a PLAYER... ah, you know the AI can already do that...

Cos that's also something that's potentially useful where you're... you know... you're a CERTAIN way, you don't have to look around to like move your gun to look at it

‘Star Citizen’ to Refocus on VR Support in Early 2016
https://www.roadtovr.com/star-citizen-to-refocus-on-vr-support-in-early-2016/

Chris Roberts:
The status of VR integration is that we’ve been pretty busy with getting [Alpha] 2.0 [out] and we’re trying to get 2.1 so I would say we still have some stuff to integrate from the most recent CryEngine drops. They’ve been actually doing quite a lot of VR, I’m pretty sure you guys have noticed that they’ve completely doubled down and they’re all VR now.

So there are some updates on VR that we need to integrate in. It’s a little more complicated because we’ve changed the engine so much, we’ve changed the rendering pipeline to enable us to do a lot of things that we need to do so it’s not very easy. Nowadays we’ve diverged from CryEngine where we don’t take regular updates from them any more although we will cherry pick certain features that maybe we’re not working on that we think would help out well and VR is a good example of that.

So it’s really just a matter of getting some engineering time in the Frankfurt team. The Frankfurt team… [includes many of] the guys that originally did the VR work at Crytek so they know it pretty well but I would be expecting it to get up to speed with the most recent [VR] stuff sometime early next year.

TL;DR:

2016:
Frankfurt team will be up to speed on VR integration after we integrate new CryEngine updates into the base engine.

We'll put in VR after we integrate Vulkan and X12 refactors into the base engine.

What.

No, really. What?! I know that he's hand-wavy and mumbling at the best of times but that was just word salad. Start on one topic, throw in a "you know" to bridge to something unrelated, then segue to a wholly disjointed tangent, all while dropping jargon that does not mean anything remotely like how he's using it.

The tl;dr isn't helping.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

DapperDon posted:

I remember that guy. If I am not mistaken, he found out how much stainless steel for the body was going to cost for production and he got stuck.

Reached peak analogy with DeLorean.

1) Used car dealer
2) Eh, drug use
3) Underpowered engine

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222623015?t=44m32s

@44:32

Q:
We just released a public roadmap for Star Citizen, will there be a roadmap for Squadron 42 at some point?

Chris Roberts:
There will be at some point in the future.

So um, it, you know, ss... sss... Squadron's... a little different because, ah, we're not so... we're not doing our quarterly releases... but I still wanna... I... but we are managing it exactly the same way... the roa... the THING that's really COOL about the ROADMAP, and... I know I saw some discussion where people were like, 'Hey! What about THIS and what about THIS?', ah... but DON'T WORRY there's a lot of STUFF that... it... still needs to...

But there... there... the... yeah, you know the whole season's definitely in pro... the only reason why it wasn't put in as a task there is because there is a TECHNICAL ISSUE with the INTERIOR GRIDS because the whole scene CONTRACTS and then EXPANDS and 100% the art's finished, it's GOING to be in the game, ah... but... ah, the sca... the BIT where we were CONTRACTING, I explained the INTERIOR GRID which isn't like 'we don't know how to do it', or it's, you know, a YEAR task or anything, it's not... at all

It just doesn't have a RESOURCE currently assigned to DO THAT so... they didn't want to EXPOSE that EPIC on the ROADMAP until, ah, they had that and it was done

So that's kinda what's happening right now is that we've switched our development methodology to be a much... especially on Star Citizen... ahm, to be... sort of more DAY DRIVEN but we've also switched how we're running the teams INTERNALLY, ah... to be much more AGILE team based so... before we were more PIPELINE based, programmers had a list of all the things they were working on, the designers had a list of things THEY were working on, artists and...

I mean we still have some pipeline aspects like the SHIPS, you know, WEAPONS, CHARACTERS... still pretty much a PIPELINE... but in terms of FEATURE development we've CHANGED IT AROUND so we're building AGILE teams where you have, you know, the ENGINEER and the DESIGNER and the ARTISTS that will be supporting us helping that... ah, all sort of EMBEDDED together working on the FEATURE

And, ah... that is... fair amount... it's fairly different that how we were doing it previously where a lot of it was... you know... the ENGINEER was given... you know... we had a TDD, here's an attachment from ENGINEERING, they would go and WORK IT, here's the things DESIGN needs to do once we get ENGINEERING here's the thing we need from the ARTISTS

There would... you know... there's COMMUNICATION and FRICTION that happens in that, so this is much more about having the sort of, kind of small team AGILE STYLE working

So but that does mean that we have to ah, we... ah... we CHANGE how we're utilising JIRA which is our project management TASK TOOL that we use... ah, from sort of... a more... ss... more... ah, you know... a bit, set up more like a PIPELINE, especially for the ENGINEERING DESIGN... to more the sort of TEAM TASK user story based which is where we're going to

Now we did a LITTLE bit of it last year, uh... towards the end, ah... but now we're doing it... CROSS... it's gonna be EXACTLY THE SAME for EVERY SINGLE STUDIO across the COMPANY, ah, and we've... everyone's... you know... fully on board with that, we have all our senior production over right now in the UK, ah... I think they'll be in Germany next week, ah we're working... we're working on finishing it out

And the IDEA is that we ss... we... cos we... you know, UPDATING the... the ROADMAP like we did for 3.0 every FRIDAY was always just... a BIG SONG AND DANCE because we had things in JIRA but were displaying them this OTHER WAY then there was the LONGER TERM ROADMAP had so much stuff in it that the PRODUCTION was so busy doing other stuff that they didn't really have the time to maintain it so it totally got OUT OF DATE

So they were updating the stuff that was for, ah... 3.0 but not later and it just... it just was... it was a lot of extra work

So we decided we wanted to expose essentially OUR project management software, the JIRA software stuff to the WEBSITE so TURBULENT built that whole roadmap TOOL, it basically takes it via the JIRA roadmap and we have settings inside our EPICS where we can say this is a PUBLIC EPIC, ah... and then we can put user facing descriptions, we can even add USER PICTURES

So DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, when they set up the EPIC that they're working on they can set it up also for the PUBLIC FACING and it SCRUBS AUTOMATICALLY in

So the ADVANTAGE of that is we don't have to manually update anything cos there's lot's of MISTAKES when you're manually updating stuff. Everything will just reflect the state of the tool that we're using to manage everyone across the company

Of course we're not showing every single task because there's THOUSANDS of tasks and the information is OVERWHELMING

Citizencon Schedule, posted October 2017:
"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion." - Chris Roberts
https://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/meet-the-defender-of-the-banu-140549

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Holy sh- I need a f- sh- tank in my life now!

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

SomethingJones posted:

Q:
We just released a public roadmap for Star Citizen, will there be a roadmap for Squadron 42 at some point?

Chris Roberts:

So um, it, you know, ss... sss... Squadron's... a little different because, ah, we're not so... we're not doing our quarterly releases... but I still wanna... I... but we are managing it exactly the same way... the roa... the THING that's really COOL about the ROADMAP, and... I know I saw some discussion where people were like, 'Hey! What about THIS and what about THIS?', ah... but DON'T WORRY there's a lot of STUFF that... it... still needs to...

But there... there... the... yeah, you know the whole season's definitely in pro... the only reason why it wasn't put in as a task there is because there is a TECHNICAL ISSUE with the INTERIOR GRIDS because the whole scene CONTRACTS and then EXPANDS and 100% the art's finished, it's GOING to be in the game, ah... but... ah, the sca... the BIT where we were CONTRACTING, I explained the INTERIOR GRID which isn't like 'we don't know how to do it', or it's, you know, a YEAR task or anything, it's not... at all

It just doesn't have a RESOURCE currently assigned to DO THAT so... they didn't want to EXPOSE that EPIC on the ROADMAP until, ah, they had that and it was done

So that's kinda what's happening right now is that we've switched our development methodology to be a much... especially on Star Citizen... ahm, to be... sort of more DAY DRIVEN but we've also switched how we're running the teams INTERNALLY, ah... to be much more AGILE team based so... before we were more PIPELINE based, programmers had a list of all the things they were working on, the designers had a list of things THEY were working on, artists and...

I mean we still have some pipeline aspects like the SHIPS, you know, WEAPONS, CHARACTERS... still pretty much a PIPELINE... but in terms of FEATURE development we've CHANGED IT AROUND so we're building AGILE teams where you have, you know, the ENGINEER and the DESIGNER and the ARTISTS that will be supporting us helping that... ah, all sort of EMBEDDED together working on the FEATURE

And, ah... that is... fair amount... it's fairly different that how we were doing it previously where a lot of it was... you know... the ENGINEER was given... you know... we had a TDD, here's an attachment from ENGINEERING, they would go and WORK IT, here's the things DESIGN needs to do once we get ENGINEERING here's the thing we need from the ARTISTS

There would... you know... there's COMMUNICATION and FRICTION that happens in that, so this is much more about having the sort of, kind of small team AGILE STYLE working

So but that does mean that we have to ah, we... ah... we CHANGE how we're utilising JIRA which is our project management TASK TOOL that we use... ah, from sort of... a more... ss... more... ah, you know... a bit, set up more like a PIPELINE, especially for the ENGINEERING DESIGN... to more the sort of TEAM TASK user story based which is where we're going to

Now we did a LITTLE bit of it last year, uh... towards the end, ah... but now we're doing it... CROSS... it's gonna be EXACTLY THE SAME for EVERY SINGLE STUDIO across the COMPANY, ah, and we've... everyone's... you know... fully on board with that, we have all our senior production over right now in the UK, ah... I think they'll be in Germany next week, ah we're working... we're working on finishing it out

And the IDEA is that we ss... we... cos we... you know, UPDATING the... the ROADMAP like we did for 3.0 every FRIDAY was always just... a BIG SONG AND DANCE because we had things in JIRA but were displaying them this OTHER WAY then there was the LONGER TERM ROADMAP had so much stuff in it that the PRODUCTION was so busy doing other stuff that they didn't really have the time to maintain it so it totally got OUT OF DATE

So they were updating the stuff that was for, ah... 3.0 but not later and it just... it just was... it was a lot of extra work

So we decided we wanted to expose essentially OUR project management software, the JIRA software stuff to the WEBSITE so TURBULENT built that whole roadmap TOOL, it basically takes it via the JIRA roadmap and we have settings inside our EPICS where we can say this is a PUBLIC EPIC, ah... and then we can put user facing descriptions, we can even add USER PICTURES

So DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, when they set up the EPIC that they're working on they can set it up also for the PUBLIC FACING and it SCRUBS AUTOMATICALLY in

So the ADVANTAGE of that is we don't have to manually update anything cos there's lot's of MISTAKES when you're manually updating stuff. Everything will just reflect the state of the tool that we're using to manage everyone across the company

Of course we're not showing every single task because there's THOUSANDS of tasks and the information is OVERWHELMING

"Squadron 42 will be the focus of our Holiday Livestream in December, where we will preview some gameplay and share our roadmap for its completion." - Chris Roberts

Sounds pretty concise. We're gonna have VR boys!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Years ago the F8 was a ridiculously secret ship, intended to be some kind of ultra-badass top tier endgame for Squadron 42. Now it's just another punchline in the great joke that is Star Citizen.

Kind of like how the original ships like the Origin 300i or whatever was supposed to be like a great BMW in space and the other ships were amazing.

I think SC is one of the first games where the original stuff is old and broken before the game itself actually ever comes out.

How can you invalidate so much when you can’t even do anything with them yet? How can you for e people to “deal with consequences” of losing stuff they paid for in your barely functional demo?

Are people good with that? Of course they are. :allears:

Baldness
Dec 1, 2017

Colostomy Bag posted:

It sickens me you question the greatness of Ortwin.

ScrotumSin LiarMouth !

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Beet Wagon posted:

:reddit: except it keeps getting bigger and bigger until it explodes out of your computer and your face is shredded by monitor fragments.

Haha

*game does nothing but gets worse for 5 years straight, with endless sales and scam-like money making techniques and of course near zero actual progress towards the final game. With a massive lawsuit, a totally broken game, and patches half a year away nobody is looking forward to, the stalwart backers must regain the high and knowledgeable ground for their infinite wisdom*

“I saw this poo poo happening miles away, you ridiculous Nostradamus. You didn’t get lucky or call anything, or know anything or prove me wrong in any way. It was a gamble and I ponied up, you were just too weak and poor to throw the dice. Sorry you can’t believe in anything anymore because you’re a bitter sad person.”

(The new narrative is forming delightfully as I had called in my Jantember blog)

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

so they axed this guy?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SomethingJones posted:

Q:

Chris Roberts:

I'm concerned that Chris Roberts may have severe brain damage

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EminusSleepus posted:

so they axed this guy?

He's the Arena Commander or Persistent Test Universe or whatever it is that doesn't have movie stars in composer.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Experimental Skin posted:

Don't forget the VR guy they hired who quit so "he could concentrate on VR again" or some excuse equally hilarious. Robert Space is outright lying in this instance.

We're getting the same questions that were asked in 2016 and we're getting the same answers. I've been waiting for this time to come because I have all the answers from 2016 onwards. Now we've looped back around and it's the same exact bullshit.

They say a thing is coming, and it will come when they do X and Y

2016 - VR requires the new drops from CryEngine
2018 VR requires Vulkan and DX12 integration

October 2017 - We'll show a roadmap for SQ42 in December, we need to focus on 3.0 first
January 2018 - We'll show a roadmap for SQ42 in the near future, we just have to reconfigure JIRA first

It's all bullshit, why can people not see it, it drives me loving bananas. It is right there in front of your face backers, you need to sort your head out and look at it and be honest with yourselves.

You can even drill down further into the bullshit, let's look at Vulkan and DX12 integration which is the reason he has given for VR support being held back - Chris Roberts was talking about this in 2015 ffs:

https://www.gamersnexus.net/gg/2114-chris-roberts-star-citizen-on-dx12-vulkan-and-tech
Chris Roberts:
“Refactoring the low-end of the engine [for Dx12] will [also] work for Vulkan. They have similar engines, similar multi-core, multi-threading, multi-job paradigms. It's not just adding more jobs, it's also about refactoring some of the pipeline, how you deal with the data, how you organize your resources so you can be more parallel, which is how you get the real power of Dx12 or Vulkan. You can take a Dx11 renderer and make it Dx12 pretty quickly. You're not going to get the benefit of Dx12 or the Vulkan stuff until you do more fundamental refactoring.

“That's what we're doing – we're saying, 'we're gonna do it right so that we'll really get the performance gains.' That's one of the things that the German office is leading on, because we've got some of the engineers who built the engine in the first place and were involved in the various Dx9 and Dx11 implementations of CryEngine.”

You can read the whole interview at that link but the takeaway is that Chris Roberts said that DX12 was a ROADMAP PRIORITY in 2015. Three years later and DX12 is what's holding back VR support, which was previously a development priority for 2016.

At this point all of the above falls apart into a litany of lies and bullshit in which Chris Roberts says whatever he needs to say in order to continue selling jpegs. None of it bears the slightest scrutiny or critical thinking whatsoever.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

AlbieQuirky posted:

He's the Arena Commander or Persistent Test Universe or whatever it is that doesn't have movie stars in composer.

more like he is the "we don't have enough money yet" composer

now that the whales are on full love pledge drive, they got a Hollywood composer

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Isn't DX12 loving old?

Also SomethingJones like, man, I applaud your willingness to transcribe that stuff but... Please be careful man, writing out stuff that moronic and dishonest can't be good for you.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

What

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7t5uxm/i_was_having_issues_with_the_rsi_site_when_i/

What what.
Motherfucking WHAT?!

:cawg:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

SomethingJones posted:

At this point all of the above falls apart into a litany of lies and bullshit in which Chris Roberts says whatever he needs to say in order to continue selling jpegs. None of it bears the slightest scrutiny or critical thinking whatsoever.

It's the saddest poo poo I've ever seen you transcribe, though. The weakest excuses I've ever seen, he can't even untangle which excuse to use first.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ewe2 posted:

It's the saddest poo poo I've ever seen you transcribe, though. The weakest excuses I've ever seen, he can't even untangle which excuse to use first.

He's slipping.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

they already fired they long time friend for not composing music very well LOL

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Jason Sextro posted:

He's slipping.

Between this, the lawsuit and being the butt of jokes at PAX, the end is definitely nigh, called it.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

EminusSleepus posted:

What a great expression. I love these freeze frames that show the real Sandi.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

EminusSleepus posted:

does she want to eat him in this picture or...?

e: also I'm calling that RSI or CIG or whomever will change their TOS again. Since it seems kinda free.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Between this, the lawsuit and being the butt of jokes at PAX, the end is definitely nigh, called it.

I'll let you and that other interloper know that I called it first, in my June Blog

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EminusSleepus posted:

Which reminds me the new monster hunter game should be out by now.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Spiderdrake posted:

Isn't DX12 loving old?

Also SomethingJones like, man, I applaud your willingness to transcribe that stuff but... Please be careful man, writing out stuff that moronic and dishonest can't be good for you.

There's a great quote from Cassetteboy, one of these guys who chops up politician's speeches and mashes up the words with music. He said that what he does isn't particularly difficult, it's just time consuming and a pain in the arse and he just happens to be the guy who can be arsed sitting down and doing it

Well that's the same for me and the transcripts, I just happen to be the guy that can actually be hosed sitting down and doing it.

One observation I will make is that I when I started doing them I could hardly stop laughing at them, especially Chris's jibberish. And Ben, gently caress me he was a total disaster, funny as hell. But now that I've done so many I can see right through the lies and contradictions - and when you put that beside what CIG have actually rolled out to backers after this much time and money, it actually blows my mind that they are getting away with it.

It also needs to be said that the big whales are somewhat insulated from the grim reality of the software and I know for a fact that one and possibly two of them have read the 10FTC transcripts from 2016. So my hope is that at least some of the reality of this project (it HAS failed, there is no argument about that) is getting through to them.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ewe2 posted:

You know what, I agree with you that it's some of the saddest poo poo I've heard him say. The whole life has gone out of the project completely.

It's done Chris, and you're done, and you didn't come clean and I will take the greatest of pleasure in watching your company fold.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's like someone put a bowl on his head and started to cut. But gave up halfway through

Chris please fire your stylist and chef and life coach and whomever else you have on staff because they're all making you look like a giant idiot

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Looks like Chris had a visit from Coutts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKDgjLf_rk4&t=60s

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Blue On Blue posted:

It's like someone put a bowl on his head and started to cut. But gave up halfway through

Chris please fire your stylist and chef and life coach and whomever else you have on staff because they're all making you look like a giant idiot

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The best part about this is that you know this guy is a daily running joke getting slammed by everyone in the studio for being a strange creep who physically can't stop himself from sending them things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao