Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Liar one # doesn't work

Did you only do one hashtag?? Lol. I’m dumb :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juchero is your defense actually “I will joke if I want to, someone do some work for me” because that’s what it seems like :v:

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidthulhu posted:

Juchero is your defense actually “I will joke if I want to, someone do some work for me” because that’s what it seems like :v:

my defense is "i thought asking for haikus would be entertaining"

then i got them and i felt like i had to give back

i am in deep haiku debt

##unvote

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Juchero posted:

i am in deep haiku debt

##unvote

Your vote was too forced.
GulagDolls' case was "kill Quid."
Your debt is unpaid.

##vote Juchero

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Juchero is IllegallySober? Who were you before?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Juchero is IllegallySober? Who were you before?

Looks like an absurd revolver avatar to me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Looks like an absurd revolver avatar to me

Ah, yeah, you're right. I recognized the avatar but couldn't remember who it belonged to. I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so now I'm wondering about this poo poo :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so

more than B- though?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i do get dunked a lot on d1 but no worries

should i just fullclaim before you lynch me or are you guys good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

jeez its still so early though, come on have some faith in the ability of your fellow players to do something really stupid that gets em lunched

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

jeez its still so early though, come on have some faith in the ability of your fellow players to do something really stupid that gets em lunched

something dumber than me huh

who could possibly save me with their idiocy, i need a very dumb saviour~

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Juchero posted:

i need a very dumb saviour~

You rang?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Your haiku writing and haiku appreciation skills leave much to be desired, Juchero.

I still feel like this thread is owed a haiku from you.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
i dun hosed up mafia
feels familiar don't it just
live free or die town

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I like this game

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Quidthulhu posted:

I like this game

quid is pretty cool
even if i hate his face
joke phase is long dead

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Juchero posted:

i dun hosed up mafia
feels familiar don't it just
live free or die town

There - that wasn't so hard!

##unvote for haiku effort.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
these haikus are poo poo

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

There - that wasn't so hard!

##unvote for haiku effort.

i'd kill this person.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hello i've been busy

has anything happened this game day yet that i should know or care about

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Chic Trombone posted:

hello i've been busy

has anything happened this game day yet that i should know or care about

Not yet...I don't think anyways. I'm still trying to figure out whats jokephase and whats realphase.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

I am liking the cut of gulag's jib.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote

I am liking the cut of gulag's jib.

In what way?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

In what way?

PoS unvoting because of a haiku.

Gets me right in the pings.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think that would be a bad reason to vote someone during jokephase :colbert:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we are officially not in jokephase anymore and anyone trying to extend it is bad.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm home from work now,
Scanning the thread for cases,
Uhhhh... cloud emoji

Tired Moritz posted:

these haikus are poo poo

:sadpeanut:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

There's a lot of day left, but so far I'm most suss on anyone who hasn't been comfortable enough to dive in and get knee deep in jokephase. Even if you know nothing about the flavor, surely everyone can come together to recoil in horror at the rumor of dickworms.

So that means- *checks playerlist*

oh goddammit

I kind of think that there's both the "didn't play in Shine / doesn't get meta references" and "isn't familiar with the flavor" at play here.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Monathin posted:

Careful about moving votes too quick, friends. 14 people doesn't let too much margin for error.

---

I'm also in TWEWY Mafia, which of course is another 25-player game. I didn't really take math into account, I just want to avoid accidental turbo and people throwing around votes on the same person willy-nilly.

I felt like the original comment felt forced, and the explanation didn't really sway me otherwise.

Monathin posted:

What if, and here's an honest question

What if I don't like this vote

---

Sounding kinda hedgey there, Bif. Not like Day 1 has any better cases.

He's not really putting a lot of thought into "who is scum?" - I feel like Monathin is using flavor knowledge to give the impression of content. The signal:noise ratio makes me suspicious. ##vote Monathin

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Ah, yeah, you're right. I recognized the avatar but couldn't remember who it belonged to. I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so now I'm wondering about this poo poo :v:

Haha that's my favorite memory of AR/Juchero, I led mislynches on him like 3 or 4 games in a row :j:

Juchero posted:

my defense is "i thought asking for haikus would be entertaining"

then i got them and i felt like i had to give back

i am in deep haiku debt

##unvote

As such, I believe this.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tired Moritz posted:

i will join this role madness game because i want to play with mmt again

Awww I just noticed this :glomp: Say something that makes me think you're not scum!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

I felt like the original comment felt forced, and the explanation didn't really sway me otherwise.

He's not really putting a lot of thought into "who is scum?" - I feel like Monathin is using flavor knowledge to give the impression of content. The signal:noise ratio makes me suspicious. ##vote Monathin

Is Monathin still a new player? I know I've only seen him in a few games here, but I don't know if he's played elsewhere. I could see a newb seeing a few votes on the same person all in a row and getting a bit alarmed. (I know it annoyed me! :v:)

But then he did mention the number of players, so that should've been a slight reality check... yeah I could see this. I'll vote Monathin with you if this case picks up, but I'm not sure I wanna drop Juch just yet. "Welp how bout I just offer to show off my fakefullclaim straight away at 3/8 and act all accepting of my fate" could easily still be a scum move.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Is Monathin still a new player? I know I've only seen him in a few games here, but I don't know if he's played elsewhere. I could see a newb seeing a few votes on the same person all in a row and getting a bit alarmed. (I know it annoyed me! :v:)

But then he did mention the number of players, so that should've been a slight reality check... yeah I could see this. I'll vote Monathin with you if this case picks up, but I'm not sure I wanna drop Juch just yet. "Welp how bout I just offer to show off my fakefullclaim straight away at 3/8 and act all accepting of my fate" could easily still be a scum move.

how do yo ufeel about prince

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

how do yo ufeel about prince

Prince is a sweetheart and if a vote train ever starts on him it will not be by my hand

As for his vote/unvote on Juch though, which seems to be the weirdest thing he's done so far, I could see that as him just trying to pressure Juch and then backing down once he participated some more. It's worth watching. But yeah, waaaaay too early to call, and you weren't in Shine but let's just say you definitely don't wanna leave that call up to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I like neither the Juchero or Mona cases.

##unvote

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

This is an awful loving vote on me. Really, after joke voting myself, any town member should be thinking twice about putting a vote on me.

##vote Juchero

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

I like neither the Juchero or Mona cases.

##unvote

Man, that sure is a 180, did the haiku change your mind that much?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I voted for Juchero because they said they were in haiku debt to the thread and yet they still hadn't offered us one.

When they made two haikus and shared them with us, I rescinded my vote. It was a joke-phase vote anyway, much like the vote I put out on you, GulagDolls, for your terrible "kill Quid" haiku.

I didn't realize "joke phase" was over. My apologies! This is my second Mafia game after all, and I was under the impression that joke phase never actually ends.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Prince of Space posted:

I didn't realize "joke phase" was over. My apologies! This is my second Mafia game after all, and I was under the impression that joke phase never actually ends.

Jokephase never dies. It just fades away.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Don't die, jokephase! We need our people to live, and to not be killed! After all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Prince of Space posted:

Don't die, jokephase! We need our people to live, and to not be killed! After all...

nooo I was gonna post that D2 after a quick Photoshop to make it say "NIGHTkilled"

• Locked thread