Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
does gaming in japan straight up work differently how are they gonna only have less than 1000 online player slots per region rofl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
turns out when Hit's glowing blue during his stance hes completely invincible. I'm going to abuse the hell out of this

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
avoiding online entirely at the moment because boy oh boy do i suck at this game. im the baby that the beginning of story mode is designed for.

but i love it. figuring out how to use yamcha's wolf fang fist is incredibly cool and good

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

KyloWinter posted:

does gaming in japan straight up work differently how are they gonna only have less than 1000 online player slots per region rofl

maybe they just assumed noone was gonna play on pc lol

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
japanese devs are completely out of touch are there bigger lobbies on console

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Princeps32 posted:

avoiding online entirely at the moment because boy oh boy do i suck at this game. im the baby that the beginning of story mode is designed for.

but i love it. figuring out how to use yamcha's wolf fang fist is incredibly cool and good

Nothing truly prepares you for human opponents.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Princeps32 posted:

I'm the same. I can't play this game even remotely well but hey, the story mode is so easy even I can play it!

I did Arcade to try a greater challenge and completed Snake Way, but only at A-rank, the last fight (Black/Kid Buu/Cell) was way too hard for me for an S rank. Still, it was fun having something a bit more challenging without getting into the bullshit that is the combo challenges, where I did all of Goku, all of Vegeta, a bit of others and then left because my hand really hurt after several failed attempts at their 9s and 10s.

Now I'm trying to get all special events in story mode but goddamn the little icons that are meant to help you find them are impossible to decipher for my poor eyes. This is annoying, I'm only lacking a few but I can't tell at all who they are. Hopefully I'll find them by mistake while I complete the first story.

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Has anyone figured out how to do the ring party quests do you just gotta dig up 6 randoms some how?

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

IronicDongz posted:

maybe they just assumed noone was gonna play on pc lol

The irony is that they had hundreds of unused 64 person lobbies for Revelator. I feel like they saw those empty and then super scaled back in some idiotic move.

Is it just me, or are the properties for some of the auto combo moves different than pressing the buttons manually? I'm quickly running through Ginyu's trials right now, and when possible I try to use the full buttons over the auto combo. His Super Dash into L L L autocombo theoretically is SD, j.L >j.M > j.H but if i do it manually I always whiff the H whereas everything lines up right if you mash L. Am I just bad or is there something going on there? He gets higher between the L and the M on the autocombo, like there's a hidden jump cancel in there.

Also, I thought I saw someone mention earlier that if autocombos were equivalent to manual moves, doing it manually does more damage. Is that confirmed?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

CRISPYBABY posted:

Also, I thought I saw someone mention earlier that if autocombos were equivalent to manual moves, doing it manually does more damage. Is that confirmed?

You misunderstood, they don't do different amounts of damage per move, it's just that optimized combos deal more damage than autocombos because you use different moves.

Like you can do 3k+ off of one meter easily just tooling around with poo poo in training mode and most of the autocombos are, like, in the mid-2k range.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
How do you do instant airdashes in this game?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
956 or jump then 6+superdash

where do i find the 6 player online mode

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You misunderstood, they don't do different amounts of damage per move, it's just that optimized combos deal more damage than autocombos because you use different moves.

Like you can do 3k+ off of one meter easily just tooling around with poo poo in training mode and most of the autocombos are, like, in the mid-2k range.

Ah, cool cool cool.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

CRISPYBABY posted:

The irony is that they had hundreds of unused 64 person lobbies for Revelator. I feel like they saw those empty and then super scaled back in some idiotic move.

Is it just me, or are the properties for some of the auto combo moves different than pressing the buttons manually? I'm quickly running through Ginyu's trials right now, and when possible I try to use the full buttons over the auto combo. His Super Dash into L L L autocombo theoretically is SD, j.L >j.M > j.H but if i do it manually I always whiff the H whereas everything lines up right if you mash L. Am I just bad or is there something going on there? He gets higher between the L and the M on the autocombo, like there's a hidden jump cancel in there.

It's been shown that autocombos stop your air momentum which allows moves to connect that normally aren't possible manually. There may be ways to game this to extend combos.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

These load times blow. If they can’t be shortened in a patch at least put character attributes/movelists on the loading screen or something.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
O man I'm a bad autocombo masher that just caught an assist with a raw super+DHC, then snapped in and KO'd the assist. I FEEL LIKE A MARVEL GODDDD

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm getting disconnected during matches all of a sudden and I'm worried it's going to think I'm quitting when I'm not. :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's an online fighting game. You will get cheated out of wins by salty rear end people, that's just life.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a lot of fun with this game, but nothing has come close to the time all three of my fighters were low on health and I pulled off Ginyu's special, stole Android 18 and ran the table. :hellyeah:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Eej posted:

It's an online fighting game. You will get cheated out of wins by salty rear end people, that's just life.

I've been losing the few times it's happened so I'm pretty sure it's just connection issues. I just don't want to labeled a non finisher for matching purposes.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Maybe it's from grinding through so many harder trials in Xrd, but I'm done all of the trials already (minus 21; don't have her yet). Piccolo and Cell probably took the longest.

Started messing around in training mode after that, but now I'm tired. More tomorrow. Might try online, see if it's less hectic by then.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Goku black owns

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

It’s true

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Using goku black + yamcha + goku or whoever really allows me to play this game without even pressing light/med/heavy attack lmao, I can just use auto dash/melee, ki blasts, switches and supers and get like 60+ combos and still kill people, ki blasts can juggle in the air once up.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I taught myself a really cool combo and was proud of it but my thumbs started to hurt from playing all day and not getting any sleep last night. When I woke up I completely forgot what the inputs were and now I'm back to being a skill-less baby.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Game feels great, attacks are super chunky and satisfying. Vegeta rules, I might run 2 vegetas and trunks to maximize my vegeta count.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Having a lot of fun with it so far but years of only dashing using attack buttons in marvel 3 is really hurting my mobility. And yeah I know if you hold forward and homing attack you'll air dash but it's not the same :qq:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Dracula Factory posted:

Game feels great, attacks are super chunky and satisfying. Vegeta rules, I might run 2 vegetas and trunks to maximize my vegeta count.

im actually shocked vegeta is my favorite character to play

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
I am pretty sure my old and rickety Hori RAP 3 is dinput only and it works just fine without xinput emulation. What I did was plug the stick in while in Big Picture mode, let it do its thing with Windows 10 even recognizing the controller as HRAP3.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I really enjoy using 3 Gokus. Though I keep getting the order mixed up mid match. Blue on point with black and ssj running beam assists.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The jury is in, folks: the game's good.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
It's worth noting that while you can join any region's lobby, it turns out that at least Ring Battles are regionlocked based on Steam's download server, for some reason. It took a long time for me and an NA friend of mine to figure out why he couldn't join my lobby.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ginyu is really, really cool, but yeah, the lack of an ability to fix which Ginyu to call in training mode makes it a little difficult to practice certain things

just got to keep calling out my buddies until I can try, try again v:shobon:v

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

What should I be doing after the universal overhead (forward+medium), a dragon rush? From what I’ve tested none of the cast can combo off of it

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Lube Enthusiast posted:

What should I be doing after the universal overhead (forward+medium), a dragon rush? From what I’ve tested none of the cast can combo off of it

Do the overhead during an active assist like Vegeta's and then you can combo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reiley posted:

The jury is in, folks: the game's good.

I actually think the game kinda sucks donkey cock outside of playing it. It's insane how much they hosed up the process of trying to get into a match, how awful the tutorials are, etc. It's actually worse than Tekken 7 somehow

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008
Special scenes in story mode, any way to see what characters we need to view those or go back to see them? swear there was a way but can't recall it.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Anyone have a list of unlockable characters for the first chapter of story mode? Im missing two characters and its driving me crazy also google is failing me ffffff-help

slev
Apr 6, 2009

why all the trials have to be beating up Vegeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah, y'all are right, gotta join a lobby to do anything. But, looks like they just turned on a bunch of new servers, can actually join one in my region