Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
HA that was very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Can one of the three people here following The Good Doctor assure me that the whole “Claire gets sexually harassed” arc isn’t as loving repugnant as Wikipedia makes it sound?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Who wants to see Tom Cruise break his ankle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNT-tPrz4OM

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mu Zeta posted:

:stare:

The fact he tried to keep running after that is hardcore.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Injured scientologist? Sold

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Pop TV just started ER over and there's a first season episode directed by Quentin Tarantino

There is a scene with Susan and Carol sunbathing on the roof, with the camera at about knee-level in front of their sun loungers

they are shoeless and their feet are in the middle of the frame

no Quentin no

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Pop TV just started ER over and there's a first season episode directed by Quentin Tarantino

There is a scene with Susan and Carol sunbathing on the roof, with the camera at about knee-level in front of their sun loungers

they are shoeless and their feet are in the middle of the frame

no Quentin no

Whores will have their trinkets.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Mu Zeta posted:

:stare: Tom Cruise is a crazy son of a bitch

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Tom cruise is great. Reminder that he held his breath for 6 and a half minutes for real for the underwater scene in the last MI movie

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I remember reading about that but in the movie it kept constantly cutting around so it looked like it could have been multiple takes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It’s the magic Xenu powers you get once you ascend to OT VIII.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Mu Zeta posted:

Or not break (maybe lose) a leg in a motorcycle crash ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWmJUAVuhPY

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:stare:

The fact he tried to keep running after that is hardcore.
Scientology = PCP confirm/deny

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Scientology = PCP confirm/deny

All religion is a drug.

Also, CBS is bringing back Magnum PI and Cagney & Lacey because gently caress it, they’re never gonna get the millennial audience so might as well double down on the olds.

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Jan 27, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

muscles like this! posted:

Lance Reddick has always been really funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWa4ScfQXc

Can anybody explain why they find Eric Andre funny?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

LadyPictureShow posted:

Can anyone explain why they find anything funny when we really boil it down?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’ve never laughed at Tim and Eric, but I find Eric Andre hilarious. You can’t logic this poo poo.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

LadyPictureShow posted:

I actually like Eric Andre better when he's dialed down a bit and not doing the wacky crazy man routine, like in Man Seeking Woman and DTTB.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Quite enjoyed the first episode of that Corporate show that others have mentioned, will keep up with it. Annoying that CC didn't supply Amazon with the unbleeped version though like they do with South Park, there's no reason to use censored episodes online, it's just irritating.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Tom Cruise rules.

Hail Xenu

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

EL BROMANCE posted:

Quite enjoyed the first episode of that Corporate show that others have mentioned, will keep up with it. Annoying that CC didn't supply Amazon with the unbleeped version though like they do with South Park, there's no reason to use censored episodes online, it's just irritating.

I find bleeping to be funnier than unbleeped

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Davros1 posted:

Agreed. When it comes to comedies, a beeped swear can be a joke in and of itself. The Middleman uses bleeped swears (complete with censor bars!) to great effect, and the Good Place has a pretty forking funny variation on bleeped swearing. It’s actually weird hearing South Park characters actually say “gently caress” in the video games and uncensored episodes.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Good Place works because it's a smart way of doing it, just like the 'Fecks!' in Father Ted. But bleeped swearing is godawful, especially on cable channels or online. I don't need to be protected from the naughty words.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

lelandjs posted:

Agreed. When it comes to comedies, a beeped swear can be a joke in and of itself. The Middleman uses bleeped swears (complete with censor bars!) to great effect, and the Good Place has a pretty forking funny variation on bleeped swearing. It’s actually weird hearing South Park characters actually say “gently caress” in the video games and uncensored episodes.

Yeah, it is situational but the bleeping can sometimes be funnier than the swearing. For instance in the South Park where they say "poo poo" a lot and they discuss the rules on how you are allowed to say it, bleeping it out when it breaks the rules, but not when it doesn't.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/THR/status/957397668086583296

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Baskets is still killin it. And I love that they’ve kept Christine’s boyfriend as a character.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

quote:

“I remember her calling me and asking me to come over and coming in my house one time, and seducing me,” Baio said into the camera. 

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Good Place works because it's a smart way of doing it, just like the 'Fecks!' in Father Ted. But bleeped swearing is godawful, especially on cable channels or online. I don't need to be protected from the naughty words.

It depends on the show for me. Arrested Development definitely works better with the bleeps, whereas you basically haven’t actually watched Rick and Morty if you’ve only heard the bleeped versions, given how Roiland turns cursing into an art form.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I’ve always enjoyed South Park more with the bleeps. Maybe I’m just used to watching it that way though.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Davros1 posted:

One of my favorite bleeping is on Protect Ya Neck where it actually becomes part of the beat.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Reno 911! was always funnier with the bleeps

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

LadyPictureShow posted:

I think they're the same people who like Zippy the Pinhead and Achewood.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Oh and Hulu on Roku fixed that bullshit where the interface stays on screen for 10 seconds. Now you just hit the back button and it's gone. On the downside, if you don't hit the back button it never goes away.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 28, 2018

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Croatoan posted:

I love Eric Andre and I’ve barely found a single Achewood strip that even makes me smile.

But I also love Will Laren and hate the Simpsons Pictures I Drew guy, so this might not mean anything.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Croatoan posted:

These three things are completely different from each other.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Learned today that Ellen DeGeneres is 16 years older than Portia de Rossi and feeling a bit weirded out by the age gap

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Vegetable posted:

Learned today that Ellen DeGeneres is 16 years older than Portia de Rossi and feeling a bit weirded out by the age gap

You should read up on Sarah Paulson.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

swickles posted:

You should read up on Sarah Paulson.
Woooooooooooooooah that was not what I thought it would be

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vegetable posted:

Why? Is it only acceptable for a man to date a younger woman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Why? Is it only acceptable for a man to date a younger woman?
Do you enter every conversation assuming the worst about people because geez