Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/957226713754189829

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/957227262809726976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good point by the English commentators - Suzuki-Gun never got involved. That was all Suzuki systematically dismantling Tanahashi all by himself.

Hitting the Gotch Piledriver and then refusing to pin him just so he could torture him some more. Unbelievable.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want tanahashi to get his revenge at King Of Pro Wrestling but i fear it will just be at Sakura Genesis

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God he's angry at the media now :aaa:

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Oh God he's angry at the media now :aaa:

After like fifty years, one truth prevails: Suzuki is simply angry.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Good point by the English commentators - Suzuki-Gun never got involved. That was all Suzuki systematically dismantling Tanahashi all by himself.

Hitting the Gotch Piledriver and then refusing to pin him just so he could torture him some more. Unbelievable.

Yeah, and he knew Tanahashi would never tap out on his own. What a sadist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The Cameo posted:

After like fifty years, one truth prevails: Suzuki is simply angry.

It's when he's happy we have to be REALLY scared.

He just smiled :gonk:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Yeah, and he knew Tanahashi would never tap out on his own. What a sadist.

Yeah he was punishing him for daring to make the ropes twice/turn the Figure Four around. He's an unbelievable bastard and it's so great.

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Coors Light? You loving MONSTER!

Edit: He threw the can at the press. All is forgiven.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

great match, better than the similar suzuki/okada title match from last year's sapporo show.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i want tanahashi to get his revenge at King Of Pro Wrestling but i fear it will just be at Sakura Genesis

yeah i want tana to come back and beat him but it should be a while.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

goto did this.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Did taka just faceplant?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Coors Light? You loving MONSTER!

Suzuki only drinks Jim Beam, that's why he just sprayed people with that pisswater

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The commentators and all the crowd behind them just in kind of a stunned, introspective mood in the wake of what they saw. God I love New Japan.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

full promo

the man with the worst personality in the world posted:

Hey Tanahashi, what were you saying before the match? You wanted me to bring some fun to this match? Don't make me laugh, you bastard. You may have created a miracle, saving New Japan from going out of business, but that miracle will never happen again. If you ever find strength to stand up again, I'll be there to break you again. You'd better be prepared for that. The only thing that matters is POWER. And you, you wrestling fans of Sapporo, stop applauding like idiots. You guys on commentary, probably yammering that this was some 'great' match. I enjoyed destroying your knee and your ankle. The sounds they made when I was breaking them was like a symphony to my ears. Smush smush. Crack crack. You guys wouldn't know what that would sound like. Only people who have gotten in a ring have ever experienced something like that. Tanahashi will never wrestle again. This ring is for wrestlers only. We are Suzukigun...ICHIBAN.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Holy gently caress that's good stuff. The place is gonna go nuts when Tanahashi returns for his revenge.

Please don't come back for your revenge for many months, Tanahashi!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I read someone suggest KOPW, which is great because it's (a) apparently where they had their really great match and more importantly (b) a long time in the future

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

I read someone suggest KOPW, which is great because it's (a) apparently where they had their really great match and more importantly (b) a long time in the future

and most importantly (c) after the G1 so he doesn't immediately gently caress himself up again as soon as he's back

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I think it'll probably depend if they can sort out Ibushi working at Budokan for the G-1. If he can, they might be able to lean on him as the straightforward main event babyface in one of the blocks like Tanahashi normally is. Maybe do him and Omega as the finals.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

2 things.

Sanada finally having a cool mask again is good and the look change is welcome

Suzuki is the best forever, that was agonizing in all the right ways

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hey guys this might be a controversial take but Minoru Suzuki is loving amazing

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He is but he had a whole lot of bullshit NEVER defences, inshallah they book this reign better

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

I think it'll probably depend if they can sort out Ibushi working at Budokan for the G-1. If he can, they might be able to lean on him as the straightforward main event babyface in one of the blocks like Tanahashi normally is. Maybe do him and Omega as the finals.

VOW said they asked and the budokan ban won't be an issue

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What's the story behind Ibushi being banned from Budokan?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

he and kenny main evented the budokan in the blow-off to their ddt feud and ibushi wanted to do a moonsault off the balcony. the venue explicitly told him not to but he did it anyway so they banned him

https://twitter.com/luke_blishop/status/948932839873175553

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Obviously he pulled it off but man if he'd overshot that just a bit, those photographers are in toruble.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

card late tonight/early tomorrow morning US time. Tanahashi's still listed on the card although I'd imagine he'll be off given the injury writeoff/angle

New Beginning In Sapporo Day 2
January 27th at 1 AM EST/ 6 AM GMT
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Kitamura Trial Series - Match 3 of 7 Katsuya Kitamura vs. Juice Robinson
Liger, TMIV, Taguchi, and Umino vs. Suzuki-gun juniors
CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii and Toru Yano) vs. Bullet Club (Yujiro Takahashi and HIKULEO)
Makabe, Tenzan, Nakanishi, and Henare vs. Bullet Club (Fale, GoD, and Owens)
Hiroshi Tanahashi(?) and Michael Elgin vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka)
Kota Ibushi, KUSHIDA, and David Finlay vs. Bullet Ckub (Cody, Scurll, and Page)
CHAOS(Okada, Goto, Y-H, Ospreay, and Gedo) vs. L.I.J
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team ChampionshipYoung Bucks(c) vs. Roppongi 3K
IWGP US Championship:Kenny Omega(c) vs. Jay White

Thauros fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 27, 2018

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

i hope elgin comes out alone and suzuki breaks his everything

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

He is but he had a whole lot of bullshit NEVER defences, inshallah they book this reign better

in his last two matches he's deliberately sent his boys away so maybe they realise people hated that poo poo and not in a good way

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Do not even ask posted:

i hope elgin comes out alone and suzuki breaks his everything

Elgin: I'm out here by myself with absolutely no help whatsoever.
Suzuki looks at Iizuka
Suzuki: :same:

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Main event was really great. I know his main event style match isn't for everyone but I dig the hell out of it and this was killer.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Elgin: I'm out here by myself with absolutely no help whatsoever.
Suzuki looks at Iizuka
Suzuki: :same:

people rag on Iizuka a lot and for good reason but once TakaTaichiMania gets uploaded don't just skip to the main event and make sure to watch Iizuka vs. Kasai because that was one of my favourite matches this year with an insane finish where their no disqualification match ends with ref stoppage because they try to kill each other with knives and the whole locker room has to pull them apart

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Okay that does sound pretty loving cool!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Toa Henare will be replacing Tanahashi today. Tomoyuki Oka will take Henare's place in his match.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Toa Henare will be replacing Tanahashi today. Tomoyuki Oka will take Henare's place in his match.

Yeah it's been tweeted out

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/957436471048257537

Get surgery and rest for at least a few months Tanahashi

Grainbarn
Jul 2, 2007

What the fuck did I do?

Baron Corbyn posted:

My boy Henare gonna wreck dudes.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah when Tanahashi was pulled off the Australian tour I thought something like this would happen, and hopefully he gets healthy.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So with Tanahashi/Suzuki being excellent and Gargano/Alamas being excellent I wonder how much Kenny wants to go out and top them this weekend. Man I kinda of feel for Jay White cause if he doesn't deliver here he may be dead in the water for awhile

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Hello it is five to 8 AM here and I am ready to see my boy, the EVOLVING SWOLE VAMPIREBEAST KITAMURA once again.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So with Tanahashi/Suzuki being excellent and Gargano/Alamas being excellent I wonder how much Kenny wants to go out and top them this weekend. Man I kinda of feel for Jay White cause if he doesn't deliver here he may be dead in the water for awhile

Jay is definitely with the right guy if he wants to impress after all the ridiculous quality matches this weekend. Hoping it's a good one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SWOLE MOTHERFUCKING VAMPIRE!