Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Andrew channeling Jimmy Carter to say "oh boy a handjob" is the hardest I've laughed since 2018 began.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Every time they said “Jim Sturgess” I pictured Jim Jeffries and was very confused. Just googled and found out I was wrong.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
While I have to stay home and raise our empty chair!

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Andrew channeling Jimmy Carter to say "oh boy a handjob" is the hardest I've laughed since 2018 began.

It was such a brief, glossed-over moment in the episode but I loving loved it.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Why is Sajdak always saying "Pay me my price?" I don't get the reference.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Goods and services are often exchanged for money.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
"I eat so much beans I forgot my kids" did me in for real.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I was out walking while listening to this, and the delivery on "Oh boy, a handjob :haw:" hit me so hard that I had to stop mid-stride to finish choking on laughter before I could keep going

Edit: also the delivery of "Yes he was, YES HE WAS!!" regarding the Wallace Shawn story, what a good episode :keke:

DoombatINC fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 25, 2018

Vakal
May 11, 2008
What is the closing date for the call in requests?

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Vakal posted:

What is the closing date for the call in requests?

Today (the 25th) at midnight!

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Captain Hotbutt posted:

Today (the 25th) at midnight!

Eastern! Steve doesn't care about your time zones.

I called in 'Mean Guns' for the second year in a row. Fingers crossed.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Timeless Appeal posted:

Lego Batman, My Entire High School Sinking Into the Sea, and Mary and the Witch's Flower were eligible along with about twenty other movies.

They did not have to pick Boss Baby and are legitimately saying that Boss Baby is better than Lego Batman.

The people who vote on these things mostly either don't watch the animated movies released during the year, or just vote based on what they heard of that sounds vaguely good

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Called in Mom And Dad Save The World, so in advance, potentially, I’m sorry.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I wanted to suggest the one episode of the Fox Fantastic Four cartoon where Ghost Rider comes out of nowhere to save the earth from Galactus, but I couldn't find a link for the full episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Vakal posted:

I wanted to suggest the one episode of the Fox Fantastic Four cartoon where Ghost Rider comes out of nowhere to save the earth from Galactus, but I couldn't find a link for the full episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx8ob0BAkOs

Why is this so funny?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Fart City posted:

Called in Mom And Dad Save The World, so in advance, potentially, I’m sorry.

Oof now THERE’S a movie I saw a bunch of times as a kid. Kept rerunning on tv for some reason. Even back then I just kept wondering “The hell is THIS?”

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

A masterpiece is the answer.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I guess you could call it a Dadaist masterpiece.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone know the policy for Animation Damnation episode lengths? I'm pretty sure everything they've done has been cartoons that were around 20 minutes, but I really want to request this weird rear end double episode of Star Wars Droids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neyJB_0DsYY

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, those of you who've called in movies: is there an actual message from the guys, or was it just a default-sounding voicemail message?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I got a default voicemail message. I assumed it was just Steve Sajdak putting on a slightly-British woman's voice.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Hopefully they put up the right number or some poor soul is going to be very confused.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Fart City posted:

I got a default voicemail message. I assumed it was just Steve Sajdak putting on a slightly-British woman's voice.

Steve has a fantastic British woman accent as he showed us in Invisible Child
"OI'D TAKE HER TO A HEADSHRINKER OI WOULD, THEY HAVE THEM 'ERE IN OIMEEERICA, IT'S OIMAAAZING, THEY TAKE YER HEAD AND MAKE IT SMALLER"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

gently caress I forgot to call!!! now they'll never do the love guru.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I also forgot to call, RIPD the gang doing Tammy and the T-Rex.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chainsawdomy posted:

Eastern! Steve doesn't care about your time zones.

I called in 'Mean Guns' for the second year in a row. Fingers crossed.

So did i

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I can't remember; have they ever done a movie with Ice-T before?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Chainsawdomy posted:

I can't remember; have they ever done a movie with Ice-T before?

Surviving the Game and Johnny Mnemonic

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I can't remember, when did they do the viewer request drawing livestream last year?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

The WHMpodcast twitter said that the livestream listener request ballot is going to be on February 15th.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Sometime mid-february, like this year.

Anyway, I almost recommended Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for Animation Damnation before I thought better of it. It would lead to some prime bafflement, but it's probably not the kind of show they should do anyway.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Apes-Ma posted:

Sometime mid-february, like this year.

Anyway, I almost recommended Jojo's Bizarre Adventure for Animation Damnation before I thought better of it. It would lead to some prime bafflement, but it's probably not the kind of show they should do anyway.

Hey, they did Dragon Ball Z.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Yeah, but that was the driving test episode, which isn't really part of the main narrative. There is no such episodes of Jojo. It would be fun to hear them react to the Pillar Men or something, but they would just be left completely confused without being able to suss out the bigger plot, and get a thousand angry twitter messages as a result.

As I said, a bad idea.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Why did I not think to check if they A) Tweeted the date for this year or B) Had a twitter in the first place. :doh:

Thanks.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

gently caress I forgot to call!!! now they'll never do the love guru.

I got you, fam

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Apes-Ma posted:

Yeah, but that was the driving test episode, which isn't really part of the main narrative. There is no such episodes of Jojo. It would be fun to hear them react to the Pillar Men or something, but they would just be left completely confused without being able to suss out the bigger plot, and get a thousand angry twitter messages as a result.

As I said, a bad idea.

Just... request the first episode of Part 1? There's a lot of bonkers poo poo frontloaded, and it obviously doesn't need you to be familiar with any other JoJo.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Today's episode is great! Funny Funeral

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

They’re right though.Garden State fuckin sucks. You think you might disagree with that, but how smart were you in 2004?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fart City posted:

They’re right though.Garden State fuckin sucks. You think you might disagree with that, but how smart were you in 2004?

I never "got" it. It was just a super boring movie with some indie band I had never heard of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I remember it being alright but it wasn’t anything special. I probably wouldn’t ever watch it again. The story of Zach Braff’s career really.