Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GLOSS posted:

Aw yeah let's get Marvel Zombies up in this bitch...

It would immensely better than Walking Dead has been in like 8 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Hot drat, geokinesis is a great way of describing Flint's powers. How delightfully cromulent.

Enoch remains a treasure and oh dear, they can bring people back from the dead. I am not looking forward to Sinara's round 2.

I don't think you can bring Kree back to life with Kree blood

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Regy Rusty posted:

I thought they mentioned something about "eternal" and took it as a reference to Thor Ragnarak which also involved some resurrection stuff.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I hope blue lady isn't dead, for a vicious killer general with an unbounded hatred for humans I really liked her. She and Cassius were a great couple. :smith:

That's been the neat thing about this season's villains. From a Kree perspective they're the underdog heroes. From the human perspective, they're goddamn monsters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There's a one month break after next week's episode, thanks to the Winter Olympics.

Also, apparently, the text on the door was translated:

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Chokes McGee posted:

I hope blue lady isn't dead, for a vicious killer general with an unbounded hatred for humans I really liked her. She and Cassius were a great couple. :smith:

That's been the neat thing about this season's villains. From a Kree perspective they're the underdog heroes. From the human perspective, they're goddamn monsters.

The hilarious thing is by fixing the future, Cassisus will end up on some other little rock terrorizing the locals instead of Earth.

Though it'd be hilarious if SHIELD is vindictive enough to start a 75 year long savings account to hire a galactic bounty hunter to ice him in the better timeline.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 27, 2018

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Blazing Ownager posted:

The hilarious thing is by fixing the future, Cassisus will end up on some other little rock terrorizing the locals instead of Earth.

Though it'd be hilarious if SHIELD is vindictive enough to start a 75 year long savings account to hire a galactic bounty hunter to ice him in the better timeline.

Unfortunately the bounty hunter bribes his generals to kill him in a battle, ultimately leading to his exile.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

Sure you can! It just takes a whole lot of blood and an electrical current!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
otoh watching cassius melt down has been pretty hilarious

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

otoh watching cassius melt down has been pretty hilarious

His dad and brother were right. He is super incompetent. Cassius is failing spectacularly at putting down this uprising despite all the advantages he has(control of food, life support, alien killer not-dogs, their wrist things, Kree tech, weapons, a seer)

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kheldarn posted:

Alright, spergs. Time to do your thing. Who is Kasius' Seer?

My best guess is one of the crew who was on the Zephyr but then went back in time, lived through the catastrophe and was eventually captured by Kasius. They can 'foresee' this event because they were there. They'd be about 120 years old by now but Kasius has been killing them and resurrecting them for decades so I'll guess it's Gemma because they already alluded to her horrible death. Possibly Fitz because that'd explain how the Lighthouse got equipped with his Gravitonium engines, also the show loves to gently caress him over horrifically. :v:

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

That's definitely a causal loop, which is paradoxical.

Whoo, Gemma agreed with me. :buddy:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 27, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

My best guess is one of the crew who was on the Zephyr but then went back in time, lived through the catastrophe and was eventually captured by Kasius. They can 'foresee' this event because they were there. They'd be about 120 years old by now but Kasius has been killing them and resurrecting them for decades so I'll guess it's Gemma because they already alluded to her horrible death. Possibly Fitz because that'd explain how the Lighthouse got equipped with his Gravitonium engines, also the show loves to gently caress him over horrifically. :v:

I'm down with this... what else you got?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Naw I changed my mind, I guessed that it might have been Gemma or Fitz and when Kasius met them a few days earlier he was just pretending he didn't recognise them because he'd been waiting years for them to turn up. He was awfully chummy with Fitz straight away, it'd be just like him to play along with him just to gently caress with him. But I just went back and rewatched the start of ep 6 where Fitz turned up pretending to be a space pirate and started talking with Kasius and I'm pretty sure that Kasius genuinely didn't recognise him.
So yeah, best bet is probably Yo Yo, which also explains how Kasius knows how to shield against her powers.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

If it were Fitz, wouldn't Kasius have recognized him when he showed up as the marauder?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's gonna be a tortured and repeatedly resurrected YoYo. And she'll probably go back in time with the team when they find the way home. Because Mack can't be happy and it would be a nice wrench to throw into his life.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Maybe he's he got one of Coulson's hands jacked into the trunk line

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

It's gonna be a tortured and repeatedly resurrected YoYo. And she'll probably go back in time with the team when they find the way home.

YoNo, NoGo, DoDo.... ?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
One of the best things this episode is Jemma and Fitz both going "wtf is this poo poo it's unintelligible" in response to the bootstrap paradox. At least it's not just us! :v:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Enoch better just hang out and comment on what's going on when this is over.

If I had a stomach this is where the vomiting would start.

Also, like Coulson and May are Daisy's parents right? Like that was what they were getting at?

I'm glad Deek didn't betray anyone, as it would have been cliched and bad. He still might but at least he might have a second thought about it. Also, who were the two leaving when Blue Lady came in?

Agents of SHIELD : Kasius Bad Day

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm guessing it's May just because it would be ironic that the mother of the Seer was also a "Seer"

E: oh gently caress it's probably Enoch :smith:

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?

twistedmentat posted:

Enoch better just hang out and comment on what's going on when this is over.

If I had a stomach this is where the vomiting would start.

Also, like Coulson and May are Daisy's parents right? Like that was what they were getting at?

I'm glad Deek didn't betray anyone, as it would have been cliched and bad. He still might but at least he might have a second thought about it. Also, who were the two leaving when Blue Lady came in?

Agents of SHIELD : Kasius Bad Day

What??? Have you watched any of the other seasons?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

twistedmentat posted:

I have absolutely no idea how your mind went to that weird interpretation. Most of Season 2 was about Daisy's parents. Remember Doctor Johnson? He was a bit overenthusiastic.

All they were doing was telling the doubting May that she would be a good mother and that Robin was lucky to have had her. In some weird sense, she did just witness how her child was murdered. That's gotta leave some kind of mark.

twistedmentat posted:

Random resistance mooks, who didn't really want to fly into space during a gravity storm. They may have been involved in the plan to kill Daisy and fled the ship when they noticed that that's not happening.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jan 28, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Someone should GIF that face that May makes when Enoch tells her who he is

"I am a sentient Chronicom from the constellation you know as Cygnus."

she just looks like she is so completely over this poo poo at that point

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Uh, I meant that they are her parents in that they raised her, not LITERALLY her parents.

The whole "He may have been your father, but he was never your daddy!" style thing. I remember Paul Atredies and Sierra are Daisy's actual parents.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

e: I hope the Inhuman making stuff they blew up is different from just being able to make normal humans. Otherwise Mack just made the human race functionally extinct.

They'll just have to figure out how Kasius was keeping everyone infertile and then just start over again the old fashioned way. :heysexy:

(Not that there's any point, this timeline is going to get abandoned/overwritten once the team goes back in time)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It was probably in the cat food he was feeding them. Or in the water. Once Humans are able to be self sufficient it probably will fix itself.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Blazing Ownager posted:

I'm not so sure -- Kree are long lived, right?

I think they'll defeat Cassius in the next episode, only to have him and Sinara turn up again later in the season, only as younger versions of themselves. Probably for the third pod.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

It was probably in the cat food he was feeding them. Or in the water. Once Humans are able to be self sufficient it probably will fix itself.

Suprised they aren't all dead from kidney stones then.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

I'm not so sure -- Kree are long lived, right?

I think they'll defeat Cassius in the next episode, only to have him and Sinara turn up again later in the season, only as younger versions of themselves. Probably for the third pod.

Oh, I like that much better than my earlier prediction.

Pod2 - SHIELD fights Graviton. Flint saves the day geokinetically.

Pod3 - Kassius shows up to "welcome" Earth to Galactic Society (or whatever to fool people). SHIELD sees through that poo poo and fight Kassius, Sinara, and possibly Graviton if he's still alive after Pod2.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like they've basically set themselves up for this "pod" to end with them going back in time after defeating Kasius and freeing what's left of humanity, spending the second "pod" trying to prevent that future from ever happening, and spend the last "pod" dealing with the "flash of light" aliens that Voss mentioned. Which yeah, have a good chance of being the Kree and Kasius or maybe even the big war/battle that he and his brother were arguing about where his father sent him on a suicide mission.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So it was super obvious at first that they were in space so we could avoid having to answer why Shield wasn't on Earth during the events of Infinity War, but now it looks like we're gonna' be back on Earth, so... huh.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

So it was super obvious at first that they were in space so we could avoid having to answer why Shield wasn't on Earth during the events of Infinity War, but now it looks like we're gonna' be back on Earth, so... huh.

Well, this

Kheldarn posted:

Also, apparently, the text on the door was translated:

Strongly implies Krassius is/was involved with Thanos.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proteus Jones posted:

Strongly implies Krassius is/was involved with Thanos.

Bro, we all know the films are never going to acknowledge the show.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Bro, we all know the films are never going to acknowledge the show.

Oh I know. But the show is always going to give a slow wink and nudge as if to say "See? Same universe!"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Proteus Jones posted:

Oh I know. But the show is always going to give a slow wink and nudge as if to say "See? Same universe!"

Doesn't Coulson being in the show do that already? :)

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Doesn't Coulson being in the show do that already? :)

Yeah, but season 1 worked Winter Soldier stuff in. And Season 2 played with the Sokovia Accords. Season 3...I don't remember. Season 4 gave a wink toward Dr Strange.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanos himself could show up and then in Infinity War there'd be a scene contradicting the entire episode.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Thanos himself could show up and then in Infinity War there'd be a scene contradicting the entire episode.

They won't even mention him. If they mention anything it will be oblique like those alien runes on the door. They've consistently *hinted* throughout the series of being tied to the events in the MCU without ever talking about specifics or using/naming many characters.

Just like last season when the show only gave a nod to Dr Strange by using a book that's shown briefly in the monastery's library and talking about the Dark Dimension (but not using it. They were Dark Dimension Adjacent if I recall with the threat of being dragged into it).

Regardless, there will be no Thanos and no mention of the Infinity War. Just little hints here and there as Easter Eggs for the comic book and MCU nerds.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Kheldarn posted:

Alright, spergs. Time to do your thing. Who is Kasius' Seer?

I have no idea how, but its gonna be Ward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hangedman1984 posted:

I have no idea how, but its gonna be Ward.

Oh yes please.