Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi guys

Quick ruling that was brought up to me.

Do not copy paste from private chat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Bifauxnen posted:

nooo I was gonna post that D2 after a quick Photoshop to make it say "NIGHTkilled"

Noooooo!

Well in that case ~

Haters gonna hate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Bifauxnen posted:

Man, that sure is a 180, did the haiku change your mind that much?

Did you purposefully leave out the quote that connects everything together, Bif?

Quidthulhu posted:

Ah, yeah, you're right. I recognized the avatar but couldn't remember who it belonged to. I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so now I'm wondering about this poo poo :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

Did you purposefully leave out the quote that connects everything together, Bif?

I forgot it was there, since I thought it was odd to go from the way you sounded when you voted, to "not liking the case". If you're just having second thoughts and feeling less sure of yourself in voting Juch, okay, that's one thing. But that doesn't seem to line up with you saying you don't like the case at all. Back when the case was first made you had those strong statements on why you thought Juch deserved your vote at that time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I originally voted Juchero because I thought his vote on me was kinda careless and pretty bad. Then I remembered he's real awkward in jokephase and decided it was more likely that he just wasn't thinking about it vs. deliberately trying to sneak a vote in on a turbo candidate or something.

Subsequently, I do not like the "Juchero's haiku insistence was awkward in jokephase" case for the same reason above.

Me not liking that case has no correlation to me unvoting because I changed my mind about the case that I, myself, created initially. They aren't the same case, man.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I originally voted Juchero because I thought his vote on me was kinda careless and pretty bad. Then I remembered he's real awkward in jokephase and decided it was more likely that he just wasn't thinking about it vs. deliberately trying to sneak a vote in on a turbo candidate or something.

Subsequently, I do not like the "Juchero's haiku insistence was awkward in jokephase" case for the same reason above.

Me not liking that case has no correlation to me unvoting because I changed my mind about the case that I, myself, created initially. They aren't the same case, man.

well that isnt very clear when all you say is you just dont like "the case" :v:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

anyone want to just dogpile a lurker or somethin.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That is probably true!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it's probably too early to be calling 'lurking' so we'd be dogpiling who we think would be a future lurker. you might say that we would reverse cause and effect, in order to make sure that whoever we killed would be a lurker, in the future.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

GulagDolls posted:

I was just wondering what Chic Trombone's thoughts were on anime, video games, and erotic novels.

-Or B-minus1's, for that matter.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Prince of Space posted:

I was just wondering what Chic Trombone's thoughts were on anime, video games, and erotic novels.

-Or B-minus1's, for that matter.

I dont watch anime, don't read erotic novels, and play like one video game a year. On a related note, I have been reading the fate/stay wiki over the last few days and I must say it sounds loving awesome. I may have to check it out.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

b-minus1 posted:

I dont watch anime, don't read erotic novels, and play like one video game a year. On a related note, I have been reading the fate/stay wiki over the last few days and I must say it sounds loving awesome. I may have to check it out.

just don't play the third route

there's a good reason it's getting movies and not a full anime

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

UBW best route

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Bifauxnen posted:

UBW best route

agreed

fate isn't bad, just kind of boring

also zero is good, if just for the scene in which one wizard explains how he trapped every square inch of the hi-rise he's in with every bullshit spell he could muster, demons, etc

only for another wizard to collapse the entire building with C4

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

Scum detected

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Scum detected

lunching lurkers is actually cool and good.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

HGRRRRRO...

*pants heavily*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

here comes one now!

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

50 pounds of bread posted:

HGRRRRRO...

*pants heavily*

You are so intense man. I'm freaking out.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

d1 lurker dunks are the most useless thing imo, it really just makes d2 into an extension of d1 since there's nothing to really talk about regarding their post history. i get the allure of them but wait until d2

not really feeling either of the cases at the moment tbh

i'm thinkin i'll ##vote Rex

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not even sure we have hardcore lurkers this game (though I am stuck on mobile so it's tough to see post counts).

I'm still waiting for someone to mess up but so far everyone is cool and good.

Dunno why, but bread's RP makes him seem town to me (though if he is scum RPing a berserker is a good way to avoid content)

Reading gulag as town.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

d1 lurker dunks are the most useless thing imo, it really just makes d2 into an extension of d1 since there's nothing to really talk about regarding their post history. i get the allure of them but wait until d2

yeah nah

##vote Chic

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

so what exactly do you think town gets from a lurker dunk

no posts = no information idiot

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not even sure we have hardcore lurkers this game (though I am stuck on mobile so it's tough to see post counts).

pure post counts aren't the best anyway, just view all posts by user. Reading quickly through each person should prove that sentence wrong pretty quick imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

so what exactly do you think town gets from a lurker dunk

no posts = no information idiot

ohhhh yeah I'm happy with my vote

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

pure post counts aren't the best anyway, just view all posts by user. Reading quickly through each person should prove that sentence wrong pretty quick imo

You're right. I like bread's role play, but all we have is a joke vote on gulag and otherwise zero engagement.

##vote bread

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

ohhhh yeah I'm happy with my vote

too bad it's a poo poo vote

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

anyways i don't want to poo poo the thread up with this too much more but not everyone has the luxury of being able to sit on their rear end and post all day long and it's legitimately confounding/infuriating to me that people seem to have accepted this lurking = autoscum mindset while i've been away from mafia

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're right. I like bread's role play, but all we have is a joke vote on gulag and otherwise zero engagement.

##vote bread

I'd rather vote Chic whose biggest contribution is just "nuh UH voting lurkers D1 is STUPID", when she so conveniently happens to be a lurker.

observe how with "no posts = no information", she pushes the onus on me to explain what information we'd get from her lunch rather than, you know, providing more information by posting herself.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Chic Trombone posted:

not really feeling either of the cases at the moment tbh

i'm thinkin i'll ##vote Rex

Thank you! It feels great to be acknowledged.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

anyways i don't want to poo poo the thread up with this too much more but not everyone has the luxury of being able to sit on their rear end and post all day long and it's legitimately confounding/infuriating to me that people seem to have accepted this lurking = autoscum mindset while i've been away from mafia

well you're here now, and posting now, and haven't provided much in thw way of reads besides an "I'm not feeling it" and one unexplained vote on Rex

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

it's almost like i haven't been able to loving post over the last, what, day the game's been open, you overblown rear end

and, oh look, i'm posting when i have the opportunity. so shocking.

re: rex vote it's part a gut call and part seeing how people react. they've been moderately around but every post they've made is white noise, so they've been doing just enough to be here and not be "a lurker" while not actually contributing anything

Bifauxnen posted:

well you're here now, and posting now, and haven't provided much in thw way of reads besides an "I'm not feeling it" and one unexplained vote on Rex

mafia edit: it's been like half an hour, unironically go gently caress yourself with this

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Chic Trombone posted:

All you've been doing since the game started has been trying to disengage from it. Lurking should be discouraged and scrutinized, regardless of alignment.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Prince of Space posted:

All you've been doing since the game started has been trying to disengage from it. Lurking should be discouraged and scrutinized, regardless of alignment.

buddy i haven't been at the computer for a solid amount of time until literally right now

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

mafia edit: it's been like half an hour, unironically go gently caress yourself with this

I'm trying to say that its not just as simple as you want to put it, that "lurker = autoscum". 50 is lurking harder than you and providing less content. But I find your defensiveness raised my suspicions more. Especially in the posts youve made since.

If I'm not supposed to look at peoples posts and say what I think is suspicious, please explain to me how else the game of Mafia should be played before I go leave to go gently caress myself.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Chic, will you be my friend? I asked Bif and they got all evasive and wanted to know if I go to church...

So that was weird.

... Do you like Chess? Someone on this thread has to like chess.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i do admit i'm coming off fairly tilted, it's been a couple stressful days and that's reflecting in my posting

but take a look at rex's posting and tell me i'm not right about what they're doing

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Chic Trombone posted:

but take a look at rex's posting and tell me i'm not right about what they're doing

I took a quick look. It was largely unhelpful.

I've responded to Bif more than I thought I had. I think i'm developing a cordial acquaintance with Prince of Space. I obviously didn't know either Shinji or Sakura before Bif made a stink about them. I seem to have some prior familiarity with MurmerTwin. I claim this is one of my first mafia games in my opening post, and state I'll play it because I enjoyed the possibility of wackiness.

.... I don't know. Theres not really a lot to go on yet. But I'm prepared to follow your gut on this one.

##vote Rex

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

yeah, you got a point. I've got Rex sitting in the "mild suspicion" part of my lumpenlist. The mysterious flavour hinting has me a bit intrigued though.

Rex, maybe if you make some cases then people will want to be your mafia friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

lol ok now I'm just confused and not sure what to make of this

• Locked thread