Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Everyone gets that way. Young people are in fact pretty garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Finally caught up with this show. Amidst hundreds of sex scandals across many industries one case still remains a mystery. :wtf: did Bill O'Reilly do to Lis Wiehl to warrant a $32,000,000 American Dollar coverup? Simply amazing.

$32 MILLION.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

The premiere of Season 16 is January 19, 2018. HBO has has also renewed the series into 2020.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
oh great.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
Who do we think Trump is sleeping with (RE: Wolf interview). For some reason I think it might have been Omarosa

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Whale Vomit posted:

Who do we think Trump is sleeping with (RE: Wolf interview). For some reason I think it might have been Omarosa

hope n change, minus thr change, dawg

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Sullivan looked an utter fool with his hand wringing and grasping for the wall in exasperation---as if capitulating on such a Big Deal wouldn't just be the first of many more to come given all the other stumbles* the dems have graced us with.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Whale Vomit posted:

Its absolutely hope hicks

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Bill tired of doing Overtime on youtube?

I also think the format of monologue, one on one interview, TWO guests and tack on guest, with new rules works OK for him

three guests should be right out

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

No Luck Needed posted:

I also think the format of monologue, one on one interview, TWO guests and tack on guest, with new rules works OK for him

I agree, the third guest is usually either an insufferable rear end in a top hat trotted out in the name of some kind of ideological balance, or someone who never manages to get a word in edgewise.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

No Luck Needed posted:

You have to go to their YouTube channel, click on playlists, then go to overtime. :eng101:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Can Bill ever stop having on his celebrity acquaintances touting their vanity projects? Zooey Deschanel seemed to have no idea what she was even there for, and then the two of them starting arguing about whether you can eat bread "because it's full of fungus." What the fuuuuuuck, shut uuuuup.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I think Bill hit the bong one time too many before the show, he was particularly crazy last night. Why the gently caress are you arguing about bread, you nitwit?

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
I felt kind of bad for Zooey. She had absolutely nothing to say about anything.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Perspective is everything people: While tonight's episode was entirely a waste wrapped in Wilson putting on airs despite his background like a giant enveloping cloud of smog----next week's lineup looks to be on the shortlist for one of the worst possible mixes of folks even considering the highly questionable booking practices of the past few years~

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Super Deuce posted:

That seemed like an intentional choice on her part, tbqh. :shrug:

rich thick and creamy
May 23, 2005

To whip it, Whip it good
Pillbug
Did anyone else get the impression that Maher didn't let *anyone* get a word in edgewise? He just kept jumping in and not even let his guests finish a thought. He might need to lay off whatever he snorted before going on last night.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

rich thick and creamy posted:

Did anyone else get the impression that Maher didn't let *anyone* get a word in edgewise? He just kept jumping in and not even let his guests finish a thought. He might need to lay off whatever he snorted before going on last night.

Yeah, he was really loving intoxicated with something last night. That's the exact impression I got.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
wow, that bill maher guy is an expert on israeli-palestinian affairs.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

What is it with the "annoying atheist" brigade that blinds them to the inherently religious, bullshit nature of present Israeli foreign and domestic policy? I mean, I understand not liking the degree to which Islam is associated with law and government basically throughout the Middle East, but how in the actual gently caress is an explicitly religious, expansionist ethno-state the answer (or even an answer) to that problem? And worse: they seem to be cheering its most disgusting actions and worst excesses, to the point I imagine the Israeli left would be wondering "what the gently caress is wrong with these people?"

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
I mean, Maher has never been strictly rational on the subject. He must've had a friend twenty or thirty years ago with a very strong opinion about it and just absorbed it without ever doing a deep dive through the issue. :shrug:

That or he just went "they're both religious, and that's bad, but one side more resembles what I am familiar with so I choose them!" :downs:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

That or he just went "they're both religious, and that's bad, but one side more resembles what I am familiar with so I choose them!" :downs:

Reflecting on my own biases on the subject over the years, it's a lot of this, but also that Palestinians end up wearing by association people's feeling towards other middle eastern countries, as PT6A sort of mentioned. It's hard to convince someone that a Palestinian state would rebuke Hamas, or that the Hamas ideal of a state wouldn't resemble the Saudis with the religious police and the lack of rights for women.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Maher's usually so blindly anti-Muslim that I figured it was part of his bullshit Israel opinions.

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
I thought the time Bill was scared of microwaves, because "radiation", was bad. But it's fungus now, like anything with yeast apparently? Bad news for the guy if he enjoys a drink.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Real talk: there is a big nutrition movement against bread, but it's got nowt to do with fungus, it's more about carbs and gluten and poo poo, and it's just that it's not really considered a +healthy food - not that it's a poison.

Also someone on the panel (possibly Zooey) mentioning bread being worse in the US is also true because they add sugar to it IIRC.

Super Deuce posted:

Oh, I dunno, I was riveted by the televised story about how some random mum's random kid does and doesn't like broccoli.

WaryWarren posted:

wow, that bill maher guy is an expert on israeli-palestinian affairs.
:roflolmao:

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 28, 2018

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Bill's mother was Jewish and he encountered some anti-Semitism growing up on New Jersey in the 50s, which may have something to do with shaping his Zionism.

Super Deuce
May 25, 2006
TOILETS
Oh, I like the smell of my own dumps.
Scaramucci seemed like he was trying to get punched during OT. The man doesn't shut up.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Super Deuce posted:

Scaramucci seemed like he was trying to get punched during OT. The man doesn't shut up.

His mother must be very proud. :jerkbag:

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
It was the worst---not even a real chance of Frum getting socked on air, just a tease of a tease.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I found it fascinating, his ability to totally deflect questions and drag everyone off topic by talking about something completely irrelevant. It was textbook PR stuff. Wish I had that skill.

Like you can't finish refuting his lie if you're too busy dealing with the new lie he interrupted you with.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
The show is just trash now. Maher has bad opinions on a lot of important stuff (fungus as food, I guess?) that takes the show off the rails constantly. We finally had a sort of breakthrough moment on the show - David Frum of all people holding a Trump surrogate accountable to his face about some extremely shady grifting - and Maher decides no one cares about it and they should keep talking about how both sides are equally bad? I was just exhausted by the end of it; I don't know if it is Maher just genuinely making bad decisions about what his audience wants or his desire to keep things in the ballpark of decorum so that the show is never elevated above semi-serious comedy.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Scaramucci is like that lower-tier bully on the playground who gets bullied himself and is even more of a shithead than the bigger dude. Just rapid fire trash comin' out that no one on the panel seemed to have immunity to.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
That panel really was a thing of beauty if by beauty you mean "the most glorious, amazing dumpster fire ever created." You have the rehabilitated globalist neoliberal scumfuck with Iraqi blood on his hands David Frum, who switched sides and made money off of his "come to Jesus" moment post-GWB and only got more popular in the age of Trump. This man's talent is reading the room that's thinking "TRUMP BAD" and figuring, hey, I can seem legitimate and make money off these people, why not? Then you have Donna Brazile who is as slimy as they come, and herself makes money by admitting the obvious faults of both Hillary and the DNC while at the same time remaining non-credible on just about anything she says, but is someone with a lucrative book deal somehow. Both are essentially there to dunk on Trump and the third guest: the guy that was so bad at his job he was fired from the Trump administration before his second week was up, yet somehow still carries water for him in public and deals with contrary opinions by simply filibustering endlessly. It was a shitshow.

I was seriously hoping a stray North Korean nuke or a big enough meteor slammed right into the studio with all those chucklefucks up there at once, nothing of value would have been lost. Jesus Christ that was easily the worst Maher yet, and that's saying a whole hell of a lot.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
David Frum is nothing more than a neoconservative mouthpiece for the IC. He's a loving piece of poo poo.

Frum hiding behind his virtue signaling against other pieces of poo poo such as Trump voters doesn't magically erase how he's trying to get us involved in literally every conflict on the globe more than we already are. In fact, the abundance of anti-Trump republicans Maher has on his show is getting tiresome. Like seriously, I don't want to watch assholes like Frum and Rick Wilson spew their bullshit as well without getting called on it.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

viral spiral posted:

David Frum is nothing more than a neoconservative mouthpiece for the IC. He's a loving piece of poo poo.

Frum hiding behind his virtue signaling against other pieces of poo poo such as Trump voters doesn't magically erase how he's trying to get us involved in literally every conflict on the globe more than we already are. In fact, the abundance of anti-Trump republicans Maher has on his show is getting tiresome. Like seriously, I don't want to watch assholes like Frum and Rick Wilson spew their bullshit as well without getting called on it.

Perhaps a political derail but hell it's a political show: yeah the biggest thing that frustrates me about the Era of Trump is that people think that because the current folks in charge are literally the worst, it makes the likes of Frum and even GWB "good" somehow. Yeah, no, not good still. Bill as you correctly point out drinks hard from this type of kool-aid, and it's pathetic. Seems almost like he does because these sorts of assholes support his less-than-evolved Middle East political positions.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
LOL now he had Adam Schiff on. Schiff makes McCain's warmongering look tame by comparison.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009

viral spiral posted:

LOL now he had Adam Schiff on. Schiff makes McCain's warmongering look tame by comparison.

Are you high?

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

I meant his russophobia makes McCain's look tame by comparison.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
For all his by-now routine gasket blowing over #MeToo, I really hope this all ends with Bill Maher being outed as a sexmonster too. Me thinkst the shithead doth protest too much...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
I had frums new book playing in the background when I was playing monster hunter and it was sooo bad lol.
It’s like a bunch of chapters on the bad poo poo trump has done. Any moron following the news for the last year would know this poo poo.

But boy howdy did he loving own the mooch lol. That was an incredible moment and the best on the show in years. Shame Maher pussied out.

This weird lawyer tonight should get his own show.