Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I won a tote bag too! I'm more excited for the coupon though!

Also I've decided the sardicado is better if i just scoop the sardinemas directly into my mouth and just eat the avocado bread on the side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I won a tote bag too! I'm more excited for the coupon though!

Also I've decided the sardicado is better if i just scoop the sardinemas directly into my mouth and just eat the avocado bread on the side

My dudes. I also won the tote bag and coupons!

I'm gonna have to start toting poo poo around now.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Can you order them online for her? It will be a nice gift for her to receive fish in the mail.

I brought some over the border with me last time i visited. She approves of their undeniable quality

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Tom Gorman posted:

My favorite vegetable side with any meal is mustard greens, wilted down with some hunks of salty bacon.

However I have found this simple dish to be made even better with olive oil dines and lots of garlic instead of bacon.

That sounds pretty drat good. Sadly I don't think I can reliably get mustard greens around here.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Serious greens folks have their favorite and will defend it to the death but collards/mustards/kale/even god danged spinach can be variously interchanged with just some differences in cooking style or time. Wilt the leaves and eat with salty fat, including fishies.

naem
May 29, 2011

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Is that a new King Oscar 'dine??? Would eat.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Eat the dang hairs

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

zedprime posted:

Serious greens folks have their favorite and will defend it to the death but collards/mustards/kale/even god danged spinach can be variously interchanged with just some differences in cooking style or time. Wilt the leaves and eat with salty fat, including fishies.

The problem isn't just mustard greens but any good greens. Going to get my garden started when it warms up so I can have some fresh greens and dines.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

zedprime posted:

Don't forget the humble turnip green. I just buy them frozen now but it's all good.

I'll eat braised greens with chicken a lot, I suppose I should get back on the 'dine wagon though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

oh good, they swim now

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Seems less efficient than flying tbh

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Whoever that was talking about the bounty of the deep is obligated to put this thing on avocado toast and get back to us.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
I got second prize in the haiku contest so I'm going to get a tote bag and a choice of apron or wine opener. I already have a KO apron and tote bag and I don't need a wine opener, so I'm thinking of asking if they'd give me one of the plastic tin covers instead.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I feel less exclusive knowing so many of us got second place, but hell yeah, aprons!

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
They should make an apron that has a kitchen sink sticking out the front of it so you can wear it when you're eating dines on the go

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

has anyone had these dines before? they're a lil pricey but i'll try them out later

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
Millionaires are delicious, I wish I could find them locally. High-quality tasty little dines

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Went to bed early the other night, and my wife wanted a quick easy snack. She said she grabbed a can of smoked herring I had in the pantry and some crackers and apparently “Oh My God they were so good, why haven’t I been eating these”.

Me: :smugdog:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fruit bats are super cute and basically flying puppies. This one is cooling off (probably in Australia, right?), not hurting anyone and being generally cool. Don't eat them.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

You shouldn't eat fruit bats because of all the diseases they have

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Inkfish posted:

Not an empty quote

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

crazypeltast52 posted:

Not an empty quote

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Inkfish posted:

I don't eat them because of the diseases, I eat them because they're delicious.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

thinkin about sardines and home made pickled eggs (and lethal farts)

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

numberoneposter posted:

store the farts in a jar and pickle the farts

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
thinkin bout thos dines

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

I got my car searched at the border and the agents opened and wasted a perfectly good can of king oscar mediterranean dines

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
We live in a police state when a dad can't bring a can of dines across the border.

quote:

Am I being dinetained?!
:goonsay:

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

numberoneposter posted:

literally the exact same thing i;m thinkin about.

i have a bunch of leftover chinese but otherwise i'd be eating sardines for lunch.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
Made this for dinner last night, highly recommend. I used King Oscar kippers. Blanching the green beans is an extra step, but it really makes the dish.

Smoked Herring and Potato Salad Recipe

1 lb. 2 oz (8-10) new potatoes
3/4 c minced parsley (washed and dried)
1/2 - 3/4 c diced red onion or 1 large shallot
1 (6 oz) tin smoked kippers
2 T lemon juice
2 T olive oil
1 T Dijon mustard
1/2 c chopped bell pepper, non-traditional & optional
bed of baby greens or blanched green beans*
*NOTE: if you're going to blanch the green beans, remove potatoes with a slotted spoon and turn heat up to bring water to back to a boil, then dump the beans in and set your timer for 1 minute. Quickly remove and place in a bowl with ice cubes to stop residual cooking.

1. In a medium bowl, combine mustard, lemon juice, & olive oil. Add onion and stir to coat. This brief marinade takes the edge off of the onion.
2. Place potatoes in a pan and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil (covered, then remove lid) and simmer for 12 minutes. Test by poking the tip of a paring knife in a potato—should slide in easily.
3. Drain potatoes
4. When cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2" rounds and add to salad bowl with the onions.
5. Meanwhile, mince the parsley. It will mince more easily if it has been allowed to air dry.
6. Cut smoked kippers into small chunks and add to salad bowl.
7. Add the parsley and toss everything gently together.
8. Can be served warm or at room temperature. For some extra, non-traditional color and crunch, add some chopped red bell pepper.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Misogynice Job! posted:

I got my car searched at the border and the agents opened and wasted a perfectly good can of king oscar mediterranean dines

Hope you at least offered them some crackers and hot sauce.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish: WARNING :coolfish: WARNING :coolfish:

I aged some KO Jalapeno dines about a yearish for fun. The spicy factor has definitely amped up a notch or two with intense 'peno flavor.

Had some friends over who've never experienced quality 'dines.

That didn't last long. Everyone loved em. Aged dines are amazing.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

:coolfish: WARNING :coolfish: WARNING :coolfish:

I aged some KO Jalapeno dines about a yearish for fun. The spicy factor has definitely amped up a notch or two with intense 'peno flavor.

Had some friends over who've never experienced quality 'dines.

That didn't last long. Everyone loved em. Aged dines are amazing.

can u elaborate on this for me tks

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would also like to know more

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish: IMPORTANT DINEFORMATION :coolfish:

HOW TO AGE SARDINES:

- buy good dines

- put in cupboard

-DON'T EAT THEM (the hard part)

- wait

-eat later and be impressed with yourself

Now that the important information is out I'll get into the nitty gritty details of DineApalooza 2k18.

On a certainly not dark, and definitely not stormy morn I awoke to a startling decision: What in the hell am I gonna shove into my friends faces for some grubbins? Being the quick thinker that I am (all thanks to omega-3s!!!!) I remembered I had a stock of rare, vintage, sardines from ye olde end of 2k15 to early 2k17 I had put away for safe keeping.

Now don't get me wrong here, it's not easy having a bunch of tasty morsels waiting for you to eat over the sink with the dang bones. Only with inspiration from The King Himself selling aged dines overseas did I have the strength to persevere.

Back to the spicy action: We're there, sitting at the kitchen table, and I pull out some killer :coolfish: snacks. Confused, unsure, my friends trust my judgement and eat a fish. "Wow, that's incredible" one says. "Those came from a tin?" spoke another. Having tried the already delicious Jalapeno dines at grocery shelf level of aging I dove in. Whambo, slambo, these fishies are packin' some serious flavor.

Aging didn't change the texture very much when forking out of the can, but it made any "bone crunch" go away entirely. Mouth feel is very cohesive the entire way through. Sitting in jalapeno cuts and oil for a long time imbued the dines with a buttload of heat and flavor that wasn't there originally. Serious jalapeno flavor coming through each bite. No need for sambal on these, they're good to go.

Rating: A++ would :coolfish: again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

:coolfish: IMPORTANT DINEFORMATION :coolfish:

HOW TO AGE SARDINES:

- buy good dines

- put in cupboard

-DON'T EAT THEM (the hard part)

- wait

-eat later and be impressed with yourself

Now that the important information is out I'll get into the nitty gritty details of DineApalooza 2k18.

On a certainly not dark, and definitely not stormy morn I awoke to a startling decision: What in the hell am I gonna shove into my friends faces for some grubbins? Being the quick thinker that I am (all thanks to omega-3s!!!!) I remembered I had a stock of rare, vintage, sardines from ye olde end of 2k15 to early 2k17 I had put away for safe keeping.

Now don't get me wrong here, it's not easy having a bunch of tasty morsels waiting for you to eat over the sink with the dang bones. Only with inspiration from The King Himself selling aged dines overseas did I have the strength to persevere.

Back to the spicy action: We're there, sitting at the kitchen table, and I pull out some killer :coolfish: snacks. Confused, unsure, my friends trust my judgement and eat a fish. "Wow, that's incredible" one says. "Those came from a tin?" spoke another. Having tried the already delicious Jalapeno dines at grocery shelf level of aging I dove in. Whambo, slambo, these fishies are packin' some serious flavor.

Aging didn't change the texture very much when forking out of the can, but it made any "bone crunch" go away entirely. Mouth feel is very cohesive the entire way through. Sitting in jalapeno cuts and oil for a long time imbued the dines with a buttload of heat and flavor that wasn't there originally. Serious jalapeno flavor coming through each bite. No need for sambal on these, they're good to go.

Rating: A++ would :coolfish: again.

Lmao

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Questionably better then my original reply of "suck my dang balls".

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

BaconCopter posted:

Questionably better then my original reply of "suck my dang balls".

Your post was a lot better. Good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
I turned down a wooden dine spoon for a tote bag, because I have no idea what a dine spoon is. Did I goof?