Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

banned from Starbucks posted:

These are assignments teachers give out when they want to laugh at their students

Oh definitely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I feel like time might be up for Jared Leto, which is about time:

quote:

I feel like I have been telling you about this A- list mostly movie actor who is an Academy Award winner/nominee forever. The sometime singer and permanent jerk is finally about to get busted for at least some of the underage and legal women he has assaulted over the years. One he tag teamed assaulted with that awful photographer is about to sue them both.

There's been a lot more rumblings about Denzel Washington recently as well. Nothing that's illegal as such, but just generally lovely behaviour towards women, particularly if they want a part in a movie.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

DrVenkman posted:

I feel like time might be up for Jared Leto, which is about time:

There's been a lot more rumblings about Denzel Washington recently as well. Nothing that's illegal as such, but just generally lovely behaviour towards women, particularly if they want a part in a movie.

Aw man if Denzel’s a creep I’m gonna be real bummed.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What is this source here and why do they not use names? I assume the photographer in question is Terry Richardson?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Probably CDAN.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Al Borland Corp. posted:

What is this source here and why do they not use names? I assume the photographer in question is Terry Richardson?

Quite literally anonymous whisperings on a site infested with crazy conspiracy theorists.

Leto's shenanigans from the set of Suicide Squad do make him entirely plausible as a raging shitbag though.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah. I'm not sure how CDAN actually works because they will later do 'blind items revealed' where they will post the names. It's not for every story but it is for most. And the other name is Terry Richardson. I do usually take the site with a pinch of salt, but you can normally gauge when the stories are true or not.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Aw man if Denzel’s a creep I’m gonna be real bummed.

It mainly seems like he loves cheating on his wife if it's to be believed, but there's been more and more coming up about him recently.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Three more women have accused Jeremy Piven of sexual harassment, including a woman who was underage at the time, and another who was working on Ellen. The latter has me super curious, because Ellen DeGeneres is pretty goddamn open about her beliefs and morals, and she's a hell of a public voice to be reckoned with. Piven has, so far, largely skated by on this in terms of broad public awareness (other than his show being cancelled, which nobody was watching anyway). If Ellen chooses to draw him on the carpet on her talkshow... I would suspect that hammer would drop hard enough to bend space and time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Leto's shenanigans from the set of Suicide Squad do make him entirely plausible as a raging shitbag though.

Pretty sure all the stories about Leto's "shenanigans" were literally devised by WB's marketing arm.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Timby posted:

Pretty sure all the stories about Leto's "shenanigans" were literally devised by WB's marketing arm.

I don't know that anyone would want to promote the fact that Leto was sending the cast used condoms or whatever the gently caress he was doing.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

I don't know that anyone would want to promote the fact that Leto was sending the cast used condoms or whatever the gently caress he was doing.

Yet they did.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I guess the play was to make it seem like the role of The Joker made the actors who played him increasingly warped and unpredictable? All I ever took from it was Jared Leto is an insufferable knob and probably always has been.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Fart City posted:

Three more women have accused Jeremy Piven of sexual harassment, including a woman who was underage at the time, and another who was working on Ellen. The latter has me super curious, because Ellen DeGeneres is pretty goddamn open about her beliefs and morals, and she's a hell of a public voice to be reckoned with. Piven has, so far, largely skated by on this in terms of broad public awareness (other than his show being cancelled, which nobody was watching anyway). If Ellen chooses to draw him on the carpet on her talkshow... I would suspect that hammer would drop hard enough to bend space and time.

the set of Lucas must have been a nightmare, Piven grabbing at underage girls and Charlie Sheen probably not actually having his way with Corey Him

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Not Operator posted:

I guess the play was to make it seem like the role of The Joker made the actors who played him increasingly warped and unpredictable? All I ever took from it was Jared Leto is an insufferable knob and probably always has been.

It wasn't likely their guy was going to die from "getting into the role too much" or whatever so they did the next best thing.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Not Operator posted:

Jared Leto is a tryhard idiot who probably sees Ledger dying shortly before the premier of the role that would garner him an Oscar to be The Height Of Art. As a result he tried to fashion his own romantic narrative into taking on the role by acting like an absolute maniac on-set. In his view he probably saw it as some kind of experiment in Method. To everybody else, it was just the acting equivalent of a Spencer's Gifts shop.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Well, I mean, he's not wrong, as he'd literally just won an Oscar for doing exactly that.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

https://twitter.com/thr/status/957739539329626112

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I’ve heard rumblings about Jared Leto using his 30 Seconds to Mars fame to lure underage girls, which seems about right having seen what he looks like.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

That sounds even worse.

"Do your research, understand the product, your audience, and how the two relate"

*repeat with minor variations for three years*

Zas posted:

thats a fake story sorry

Songs do come in waves when you ask students to pick them. Back when I did film making in high school, about 20% of the short films made in my first year used 'Teardrop' by Massive Attack.

I used French rap group 'Assassin' because I was determined to stand out. It did not work, but this song is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCixN0s3f5A

For gently caress's sake.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 29, 2018

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

So in this metaphor Woody Allen is...?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’ve heard rumblings about Jared Leto using his 30 Seconds to Mars fame to lure underage girls, which seems about right having seen what he looks like.

I've heard plenty of 30 Seconds to Mars groupie/concert stories about him being a rough rear end in a top hat in bed, too.

He also apparently has a huge dick!

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Hhhh.

A fun game to play is "what does Alec Baldwin stand for, really?" Because time and time again he's been shown to be a contrarian dildo with no interest in being legitimately enlightened. I'd like to say I expected better, but this is the kind of Hot Take that I'd expect from him, especially having starred in two of Allen's films.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Fart City posted:

Hhhh.

A fun game to play is "what does Alec Baldwin stand for, really?" Because time and time again he's been shown to be a contrarian dildo with no interest in being legitimately enlightened. I'd like to say I expected better, but this is the kind of Hot Take that I'd expect from him, especially having starred in two of Allen's films.

Didn't Basinger accuse him of being abusive during their divorce?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Timby posted:

Didn't Basinger accuse him of being abusive during their divorce?

Don’t forget the recordings of his calls to his daughter

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Yep. He likes to posture himself as this super progressive liberal, but his track record speaks for itself. Like you’d think working with Tina Fey for almost a decade would have smartened him up a bit in regards to stuff like Woody Allen, but Baldwin is nothing if not stubborn when it comes to learning from his mistakes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

bobkatt013 posted:

Don’t forget the recordings of his calls to his daughter

That one's just funny.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Coffee And Pie posted:

This came up way earlier in the thread, and is absolutely true according to my sources, who told me about it when it happened (way back in 2003 or so)

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Haven't we already had an Alec Baldwin moment?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

everyone should take a moment to watch Kesha's performance at the Grammys, it is incredibly awesome. She's singing the song she wrote as a therapeutic exercise to deal with her abuse at the hands of Dr. Luke in front of an entire audience of people, most of whom either didn't believe her or enabled him or ignored her while it was going on, and you can see the nerves and anger and pain on her face while she's on stage and she loving kills it

https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/957807811546710017

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Haven't we already had an Alec Baldwin moment?

Yeah but it didn't last long enough for his ego so he wants another.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

DC Murderverse posted:

hey man he deserved an A for Pie Eating in that movie.

a pie-eating performance only topped 10 years later by rooney mara.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

i ran across this Twitter thread that I've seen before but i'm sharing it with you all because it's further proof that, even if the worst rumors are not true, Dan Schneider is a weirdo with a foot fetish who indulges his creepy lust for girl feet when filming his shows.

https://twitter.com/soberloren/status/909176761325375488

I'm not posting any of the actual photo evidence in this thread because it's weird and gross but in this thread there are at least 20 screen caps of the feet of the stars of the shows he produced and apparently there was an entire episode of one of them about feet? like he makes Quentin Tarantino look like Ward Cleaver.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Unless they're cutting off feet for display somewhere, foot fetishists are pretty damned harmless in my opinion.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

starkebn posted:

Unless they're cutting off feet for display somewhere, foot fetishists are pretty damned harmless in my opinion.

It'd be much ado about nothing if not for the fact that his subjects of interest are all teenagers. A fetish is an object of sexualization by definition.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

McSpanky posted:

It'd be much ado about nothing if not for the fact that his subjects of interest are all teenagers. A fetish is an object of sexualization by definition.

not just that his subjects are teenagers, but the medium they're being shoved into is kid's TV. Like, if you like feet you like feet, that's fine, there are much worse things to like, but those much worse things include minors and putting fetish material in Nickelodeon shows and also (allegedly) abusing minors who star in your fetish material filled Nickelodeon shows.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

McSpanky posted:

Exactly, a bunch of people on SA didn't clamor for Reddit to take down their image galleries of adult women in bikinis.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DC Murderverse posted:

i ran across this Twitter thread that I've seen before but i'm sharing it with you all because it's further proof that, even if the worst rumors are not true, Dan Schneider is a weirdo with a foot fetish who indulges his creepy lust for girl feet when filming his shows.

https://twitter.com/soberloren/status/909176761325375488

I'm not posting any of the actual photo evidence in this thread because it's weird and gross but in this thread there are at least 20 screen caps of the feet of the stars of the shows he produced and apparently there was an entire episode of one of them about feet? like he makes Quentin Tarantino look like Ward Cleaver.

This is literally all hearsay and speculation, and it includes 4chan memes about rape, so I don't know why you're taking this seriously. This is like the definition of a disingenuous attempt to hijack the movement for far-right ends.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

21 Muns posted:

This is literally all hearsay and speculation, and it includes 4chan memes about rape, so I don't know why you're taking this seriously. This is like the definition of a disingenuous attempt to hijack the movement for far-right ends.

the amount of sexualized content in his work is evidenced right there in that thread. Like, even if you completely discount the accusations of actual abuse in there (which, you are correct, there is no definitive evidence beyond hearsay and rumors), the weird creepy focus on the feet of teenage girls who are his employees is right there in the screen caps of his work and his social media.

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

DC Murderverse posted:

the amount of sexualized content in his work is evidenced right there in that thread. Like, even if you completely discount the accusations of actual abuse in there (which, you are correct, there is no definitive evidence beyond hearsay and rumors), the weird creepy focus on the feet of teenage girls who are his employees is right there in the screen caps of his work and his social media.

IMO it's pretty creepy to look at any of those photographs and think that they're sexual; this really strikes me as a giant case of the worst dregs of the internet projecting hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sometimes a foot is just a foot.

I don't know much about fetishes, but what's more fetishistic, various characters appearing barefoot occasionally in a bunch of television series spanning several years, or someone carefully cataloging and screen capping all these occurrences into a mega post?