Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Repeating why Bif's case on me is bad because it got lost in deep flavor arguments (which she created, mind you)

Bif's initial case on me has to do with me overclarifying myself, she pushes this angle MULTIPLE times in her casework:

Bifauxnen posted:

well if that's true, it sure needed clarification, cause saying "you don't like the case" on something sounds rather strange when you open with something like "This is an awful loving vote on me."

But that's funny that you're clarifying further now to say you don't like your original case either! That was the very thing I found hard to believe from you at first. And you seemed to be clarifying that what you "didn't like" was Prince's far inferior case on Juch, based on haikus:

People can change their minds and have second thoughts, but I don't see why that would make your original reaction any less valid for you to have had at the time. So going from "This is an awful loving vote" to "I don't like the case" rang false to me.

But I've already pointed out how this was all in response to her asking me to explain myself:

Bifauxnen posted:

Man, that sure is a 180, did the haiku change your mind that much?

Quidthulhu posted:

Did you purposefully leave out the quote that connects everything together, Bif?

Bifauxnen posted:

I forgot it was there, since I thought it was odd to go from the way you sounded when you voted, to "not liking the case". If you're just having second thoughts and feeling less sure of yourself in voting Juch, okay, that's one thing. But that doesn't seem to line up with you saying you don't like the case at all. Back when the case was first made you had those strong statements on why you thought Juch deserved your vote at that time.

Quidthulhu posted:

I originally voted Juchero because I thought his vote on me was kinda careless and pretty bad. Then I remembered he's real awkward in jokephase and decided it was more likely that he just wasn't thinking about it vs. deliberately trying to sneak a vote in on a turbo candidate or something.

Subsequently, I do not like the "Juchero's haiku insistence was awkward in jokephase" case for the same reason above.

Me not liking that case has no correlation to me unvoting because I changed my mind about the case that I, myself, created initially. They aren't the same case, man.

Bifauxnen posted:

well that isnt very clear when all you say is you just dont like "the case" :v:

Quidthulhu posted:

That is probably true!

That's the entire exchange, in order and in conext. Note how bif seems to be leaving herself open to back off on me at the end of this exchange, writing it off as me being unclear. That's what I thought she was going to do.

But she actually drops me completely for a while, to go after Chic and then drop a "pressure" vote on Rex. It's not until I chime in and say I don't like her play that she focuses on me:

Quidthulhu posted:

This looks like an argument a person playing their third or fourth mafia game would make and it makes me wonder why Bif is pushing it :raise:

Bifauxnen posted:

cause I was already looking at Chic as a lurker anyway, so seeing her show up to still post hardly anything except a pre-emptive "boy it would sure be dumb to vote for lukers on D1 though hey" really rubbed me the wrong way. Throwing a vote down and having her go "HOW DARE YOU gently caress YOU" sure didn't help any haha

Quidthulhu posted:

I also don't like this, why you voting for the self voting dude?

Bifauxnen posted:

cause maybe if we pressure him he will try and actually play or something instead of just making enigmatic statements about who will be his chess friend

These are reasonable responses to my questions. Then she turns on me:

Bifauxnen posted:

lol true that, for a sec though it sounded like Quid was implying he was in on Rex's flavor shenanigans too? It'd be interesting if him and Rex and Gulag are all grouped up together and Gulag feels so strongly that Rex is town but Quid should die! But Quid might've just been saying some random poo poo.

I find it's more often a scum tell when he argues for something really stupid

##vote Quid

it'd be extra funny if him and Chic are scum together and he's going for a real indirect defense, here's hopin

A. Rolefish about why I would know Rex's flavor
B. Terrible reason to vote me that has nothing to do with "overexplaining myself." She votes me here PURELY for meta reasons.

Then she has to evolve her case because she knows it's bad, so we get the following "reasons" that were inherent in her casework all along:

Quidthulhu posted:

What's the stupid thing I am arguing, exactly? :confused:

Bifauxnen posted:

that me and Chic are just faking an argument, for one.

I also was not too impressed by your sly shift from "I like neither the Juchero or Mona cases" to "well obviously when I said 'the cases' I just meant one particular person's case on Juchero, who is a totally different person from who was casing Monathin, and I was not speaking in a general way at all, hrm hrm hrm what could you be up to, trying to misrepresent me when Im being all vague, Bif!"

This is an attempt to give justification to what was a bad meta vote. Town don't need to justify their gut reads, and this is a weak connection in so she can remain "consistent."

To the point that she even acknowledges she might be hard to follow, "so let me clearly explain myself so everyone gets why Quid is bad"

Bifauxnen posted:

ok so looking back, this must be a gigantic mess of semantic arguments for anyone else to try and follow. I'm going to try and recap things one more time to be more clear.

Quid, this is what I'm confused about rn: you say you made that post to clarify, but I don't see what it even is you needed to clarify. My original complaint was how you went from making such a strong case to saying you didn't like it. And now you're "clarifying" that... no, you didn't mean something totally different about criticizing someone else's case? It was true that you really don't like your own case after all? You actually don't need to correct me on that?

You seem to have shifted gears now, but let's try and be kind and assume that you meant this all along, to saying that your main thing you wanted to clear up is that I missed HOW you came to change your mind on Juch. But that wasn't what pinged me in the first place. What pinged me was you saying you "didn't like the case", which would include your OWN case on Juch, when you had made it so forcefully before. Though you came to have second thoughts about it, you've ostensibly made it for pure meta reasons. People told you that Juch gets mislunched a lot, so you started to doubt yourself and thought "hm, what if I'm just wrong"? It wasn't from anyone pointing out a hole in your actual case, though. Do you no longer think Juch made an awful loving vote? Do you no longer think that was right of you to have had that reaction at the time?

So even if you point that out... it still seems strange to me to say you "don't like the case". And the way you've tried to explain things to me still seems to not flow very naturally.

Maybe it's just you being all flustered and overdoing it with trying to explain things or something. But that's why I've reacted to you the way I have.

Basically any time I bring up valid reasons as to why Bif is fake casing me her response is to:

-Ignore it
-Distract from it
-Say "shut up, scum"

This is not town behavior. Town would show their work. She is not showing her work. She is evolving a read in real time, and it was a bad one to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I can try to be succinct.

I think you were being overly cautious. You serious-voted Juchero and then backed off, saying you didn't like the case on him (your case, presumably). Almost like a...joke unvote? It looked odd to other players (Bif) as well, and her needling you on it was probably to see how you'd respond under pressure.

She didn't need to lead you into weird behavior, you did that yourself.

I have a town read on Bif/gulag, though if we flip you and you're town Quid then it will definitely flip my impression of them back to neutral.

You do realize there was a day of real time in between my initial joke vote and my back off.

You continue to ignore the fact that Bif goaded me into over explaining myself. I have asked you to comment on that three times and you've ignored it each time. I just showed it happening in real time above. Thoughts, please? Is that NOT what Bif did?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid, I've already given your posts LOTS of attention. To go over the same points again will not help the town. I do not mean to dismiss you to make you angry. I just don't want our excessive verbosity combo to drive everyone to madness. Please understand.

This is a scum post.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

uh you just quoted all my work though so ok

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I think Bif/Quid is a slapfight.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Biting back at the person casing you is also a scum reaction. As a townie, you have to know that some people are going to be suspicious of you from a town perspective. Bif has heat on her though, so she's a good target.

To me her play/casing reads town, and while it's hard to step back when a player is voting you, it's not hard to see that she's scumhunting.

This also should not be an opinion that someone has of how I operate in mafia games. Biting back and being on the defensive against pressure is neither a scum nor town tell for me; it is a Quid tell. Bif has predicated her case on the FACT that it's a Quid tell because she's already come in and said "He can't keep up with how fast the pressure is and is Quidding all over the place." I do not see how you can be in agreement with Bif and not take that meta read into consideration, since she's taking it into consideration to partially prove her case on me. What gives.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

uh you just quoted all my work though so ok

I'm saying you're saying a ton of stuff, yes, but you are not actually doing any "reading" legwork, just posting white noise. For you to come in and go "that is my work what are you on about" just looks like you continuing to avoid engaging with me on it, man.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

You do realize there was a day of real time in between my initial joke vote and my back off.

You continue to ignore the fact that Bif goaded me into over explaining myself. I have asked you to comment on that three times and you've ignored it each time. I just showed it happening in real time above. Thoughts, please? Is that NOT what Bif did?

You're calling your vote a joke vote? It looked like a serious vote, and you even explained why it was serious, but that you think Juchero is an easy misdunk so you backed off.

The reason people press on weirdness is to get inconsistencies like this. The case is still your vote/unvote looking odd, and mischaracterizing the reasons behind your votes is a way to be caught as scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am also less interested in arguing with Bif on this point because she will continue to insist she has gotten me dead to rights. I think she's being disingenuous in that presentation, and I would love to see OTHER people comment on it. And also, you know, respond to my direct questions rather than dodging them :v:

I've shown the work, make your own decision. I do not think Bif's "casework" on me is genuine. She is saying I am scum because...why? I over explained myself? I actually don't even know her case on me other than "he's flailing" and that's not speaking to my intent with my poo poo.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Also full disclosure: I'm planning on going to bed within the next half-hour or so.

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I don’t see how simply acknowledging the threat of a potential 3p without voting for them somehow translates to “not hunting for scum”

Got a 90 min drive home right now, after that I’ll be around until deadline. This weekend ended up being much busier than I anticipated.

Quote me his strongest scum read.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Murmur Twin posted:

I think Bif/Quid is a slapfight.

I am also starting to lean heavily in this direction, but the last time you called a slapfight one of the two were scum. :v:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I no longer need to. I feel very confident now that you are scum Quid, and you can see that even if you win this fight you aren't long for this world. You just have to make sure you take me down first, or else it'll be much harder after you flip scum.

I don't think you're gonna win, but if you do...

The rest of you, make sure y'all look at MT next after Quid. She is skyrocketing up my Lumpenlist, and trying to frame this as a townie slapfight doesn't sound good to me at all.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You're calling your vote a joke vote? It looked like a serious vote, and you even explained why it was serious, but that you think Juchero is an easy misdunk so you backed off.

The reason people press on weirdness is to get inconsistencies like this. The case is still your vote/unvote looking odd, and mischaracterizing the reasons behind your votes is a way to be caught as scum.

It was a serious vote, but it was during jokephase. Are you still on your initial jokephase reads? As the day went on, I went:

-vote was during jokephase, even though I had a ping with it it's not a strong case cause it's jokephase
-that avatar looks familiar, who is that? I think they get dunked D1 a lot for being awkward, maybe this is that happening as well.
-you know ultimately this is a stupid rear end vote when there's other stuff to read and I'm not sold on it being a "scumtell" anymore, I should back off

I am calling it a "jokevote" here because it was one that was made during jokephase and that I wasn't super tied to, even though it was a serious vote at the time. If you want to call that scummy, I can't fault you for that, I suppose.

More importantly, though, you are dodging making a call on looking at Bif's intent and dissecting it. She directly called for me to explain myself. That's a big reason why you think I'm being inconsistent. Do you think her calling me out was from a place of genuine town interest in understanding what I am saying, or do you think she was being disingenuous?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

I no longer need to. I feel very confident now that you are scum Quid, and you can see that even if you win this fight you aren't long for this world. You just have to make sure you take me down first, or else it'll be much harder after you flip scum.

I don't think you're gonna win, but if you do...

The rest of you, make sure y'all look at MT next after Quid. She is skyrocketing up my Lumpenlist, and trying to frame this as a townie slapfight doesn't sound good to me at all.

So Bif doesn't need to continue to offer an opinion on me or analyze my posting because I am so obviously scum it stands for itself.

Nobody else sees this as her doing exactly what I am saying she has been doing the entire time: Dodging having to case me at all? Her case on me sucks and she's saying it's so good it's obvious!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The nice thing about forums mafia is you can go back and always read what people have already said. It does not actually have to be constantly repeated.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also, Tobbs, I think it's very compelling you pressed Bif on inconsistencies and completely dropped it yet you won't:

-analyze Bif for me
-let go of this at all

Definitely looks like some subtle white-knighting going on there. Not sure if it's to protect a scum buddy or to buddy up to Bif, but it doesn't make you look real good.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

The nice thing about forums mafia is you can go back and always read what people have already said. It does not actually have to be constantly repeated.

So your preference here would be for me to...not...play? Just roll over and die, since I am so obviously scum? Is that really what you are advocating for here? How is that not proving my point that what you want is to bite and gnaw at me until I've made so many inconsistent statements due to your dodging my questions and sneaking out of my statements that everyone just apathy dunks me without thinking about it?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
What are your reads on some of the other players besides Bif, Quid?

What do you think of Monathin And MMT?

It's gonna be hard to convince me that Bif is scum. Your flip could change that, but we don't have that to work with.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You could always case someone else, crazy, I know

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Quidthulhu posted:

What is suspicious about my behavior surrounding Juchero, in your own words?

The whole thing was weird, but let me summarize:

GulagDolls votes for Quidthulhu.
Juchero asks for a haiku.
GulagDolls delivers the "kill Quid" haiku.
Juchero votes for Quidthulhu.
People declare this a bad vote.
Juchero unvotes from Quidthulhu.
Quidthulhu and others vote for Juchero.
Quidthulhu clears Juchero by saying,

Quidthulhu posted:

I did remember, however, that this avatar bearing dude is frequently D1 misdunked so now I'm wondering about this poo poo :v:
Quidthulhu and others unvote from Juchero.

That's about it!
That activity is what got Bifauxnen's attention onto you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

How is that not proving my point that what you want is to bite and gnaw at me until I've made so many inconsistent statements due to your dodging my questions and sneaking out of my statements that everyone just apathy dunks me without thinking about it?

lol isnt that what you were just complaining at me for, for NOT engaging with you more?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Nah, I won't answer that until you directly respond to my questions and my points. That, again, looks like you shifting the discussion away from the inconsistencies in Bif's casework, which you have not replied to except with a handwave of "she's clearly town, accept that."

Show your work. Why do you think Bif is town, since you have such a strong read on her as to have her be nearly confirmed for you? This should be easy if your read is that strong. What in her reads do you think speaks to intent to break me down and catch me, rather than to guide the narrative to where she wants it?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

To be clear, I have no issue with reading and casing other people and will happily do so, but both Tobbs and Bif are pushing a narrative of "Bif is clearly town and can not be wrong about this, therefore you are clearly scum and shouldn't be listened to" and I think that's:

a. weird as gently caress because I don't see that in Bif's posting at all
b. continues to ignore points I've made for ~*~reasons~*~ they aren't voicing
c. continuing to derail this conversation about Bif's inconsistencies

So I don't like it!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Also, Tobbs, I think it's very compelling you pressed Bif on inconsistencies and completely dropped it yet you won't:

-analyze Bif for me
-let go of this at all

Definitely looks like some subtle white-knighting going on there. Not sure if it's to protect a scum buddy or to buddy up to Bif, but it doesn't make you look real good.

I've read Bif, she looks town.

I don't understand how me not letting this go is alignment-indicative to you. If you think someone is scum, you push them. If their explanations don't ring true for you, you keep voting them.

You can't just keep posting defensively, firing back at all your accusers, and have people think you're town.

You're still not under a huge amount of pressure, so going hard defense and failing to case other players looks scummy to me. What did I say when I voted you?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So yeah, we've got an evasive, defensive, conciliatory scum Quid. Some good (or even bad) casing with follow-through might change my mind, but for now ##vote Quid

Your scum reads are apparently a couple of the players voting you (me and Bif) so the conditions for me thinking you're town haven't been met.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would also like to point out that if you look at Tobb's opinion of Bif it was:

1. is that a scumslip?
2. I think that's a scumslip, hardcore
3. I would like to reiterate it was a scumslip
4. Hmm maybe I'm wrong
5. Ok I think Bif & Gulag are town but if Quid flips town I'm back to neutral on them
6. You are going to be hard pressed for me to turn on my strongest town read, Bifauxnen

The only thing that changed his mind here is...what? I don't even know. Why are you suddenly DEAD CERTAIN Bif is town?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You can't just keep posting defensively, firing back at all your accusers, and have people think you're town.

Oh, I actually can. Other people look at our arguing with each other and make their own decisions about who's right in this argument and who's wrong. I am also pointing out what I see as inconsistencies in both of your cases on me.

What IS your case on me, Tobbs? That I made an awkward backoff and that I'm...now not responding well? I haven't seen you actually analyze anything I'm saying today and why it is wrong, just seeing you repeat that it is and Bif is totally correct on this. But I just pointed out a major inconsistency with how your opinion has evolved on Bif. You are saying poking holes is pro-town. Why does that not apply to me?

Can anyone else chime in and tell me I'm not crazy that Bif & Tobbs are dodging my questions here to continue to just push a narrative of "shut up, scum?"

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Quid's posting is consistent with someone who knows he's town, frustrated at being on the receiving end of Bif incorrectly casing him. Quid sounds exactly like I did in FF6.

Bif's posting is consistent with how she acts when someone accuses her of being scum She thinks her towniness should be some sort of given, jumps to the conclusion that the person casing her must be scum, and staunchly refuses to back down.

I stand by both calls.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also Tobbs is constantly hedging his bets on every statement he makes about alignment; he just quoted himself doing it again with a "maybe other casework will change my mind on this."

I am starting to lean more towards this being an attempt for scum Tobbs to get in Bif's good graces. Hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Quid's posting is consistent with someone who knows he's town, frustrated at being on the receiving end of Bif incorrectly casing him. Quid sounds exactly like I did in FF6.

Bif's posting is consistent with how she acts when someone accuses her of being scum She thinks her towniness should be some sort of given, jumps to the conclusion that the person casing her must be scum, and staunchly refuses to back down.

I stand by both calls.

Can you respond directly to some of the points I've made about Bif's case being faked on me? Maybe even with this lens?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

lol isnt that what you were just complaining at me for, for NOT engaging with you more?

Talking at me isn't engaging me on my points, Bif. Just because you quote me doesn't mean you said anything that related to the question I asked, man.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
At this point neither Quid nor Bif has credibility in my mind. I think they're fight could have reasonably been resolved pages ago. It strikes me as two people arguing because of meta.

I do think it's curious that Tobbs is 100% behind Bif. Neither Bif or Quid has done anything yet. (Talked with each other? Which is enough I guess but... not really for me yet.) If I were in his position I certainly wouldn't be vouching for a person I didn't know.

Tobbs, who do you think we should lynch? Not Bif obviously but, what's your case at the moment?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
a whole lot of this does in fact look like town on town

you can tell because it's day one and people are making giant loving arguments

day one ain't ever that complicated

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm not dead-certain. I thought she scumslipped, but her explanation of being in an unconfirmed masonry makes sense.

I've literally said multiple times that if she's wrong about you I'd have a neutral opinion of her.

For now, I think she's town, I think her read on you is good, and that you're scum.

Is your argument that I was faking it? That I planned to pick apart her post and out presumably the third member of our scumteam, gulag, who is I guess in a masonry with her?

Because it looks more like you're grasping at my vote on her, hoping I'll shift back to her and have her be a more viable option for tonight's chopping block.

That's extremely defensive and reads scummy to me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Murmur Twin posted:

She thinks her towniness should be some sort of given

My townieness burns
Even brighter than the sun
None can deny it

(except Quid cause he scum)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

My argument at the moment is that you are scum buddying up to her because a misdunk on me D1 would be awesome for scum. You would know I'm not on your team and want to get me out early as possible. Because I am great. And modest :sun:

You also literally just said "you've be very hard pressed to convince me that Bif is scum" so I don't see how you can then turn around and say "I never said I was certain she was town."

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
See, your constant repetition of, "TOBBS IS 100% CERTAIN BIF IS TOWN.", while egregiously false, is being repeated by other players.

Get dunked on lying scum :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is your argument that I was faking it? That I planned to pick apart her post and out presumably the third member of our scumteam, gulag, who is I guess in a masonry with her?

Because it looks more like you're grasping at my vote on her, hoping I'll shift back to her and have her be a more viable option for tonight's chopping block.

That's extremely defensive and reads scummy to me.

My argument is that I've asked you to respond directly to the same question I've asked others, but MOSTLY YOU DIRECTLY, which you continue to dodge:

Quidthulhu posted:

Like everything Bif is doing seems like textbook newbie scum to me:

-Double down on a weird "feeling" case by continuing to expand upon it in real time - that's what she's done with me
-Connect me to another person she is "suspicious" of through pointing out - what? suboptimal mafia play? If I were scum with Juchero, why would I spend any time talking about him on D1 at all?
-Posting high volume that basically ignores everyone's points every time to present her own narrative of what should actually be discussed

Reread Bif with all of these points in mind and tell me you don't see a pattern of scummy behavior emerge.

Quidthulhu posted:

Furthermore, you haven't responded to my statement about Bif goading me into over explaining myself, which seems to be a big part of your case. I was directly asked questions by her that made me explain myself, and that's not the hinge of her case: "he's over explaining himself." Do you not see that as a contradiction? Why are you buying that from her, when you questioned her on other stuff? Your blindly following Bif who is also hardcore going after you for "being dumb rn" is kinda weird.

Quidthulhu posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

More importantly, though, you are dodging making a call on looking at Bif's intent and dissecting it. She directly called for me to explain myself. That's a big reason why you think I'm being inconsistent. Do you think her calling me out was from a place of genuine town interest in understanding what I am saying, or do you think she was being disingenuous?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Quidthulhu posted:

Basically any time I bring up valid reasons as to why Bif is fake casing me her response is to:

-Ignore it
-Distract from it
-Say "shut up, scum"

This is not town behavior.

My meta read on Bif says otherwise.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

See, your constant repetition of, "TOBBS IS 100% CERTAIN BIF IS TOWN.", while egregiously false, is being repeated by other players.

Get dunked on lying scum :)

:orly:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I have a town read on Bif/gulag, though if we flip you and you're town Quid then it will definitely flip my impression of them back to neutral.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

To me her play/casing reads town, and while it's hard to step back when a player is voting you, it's not hard to see that she's scumhunting.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's gonna be hard to convince me that Bif is scum. Your flip could change that, but we don't have that to work with.

And yet:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm not dead-certain. I thought she scumslipped, but her explanation of being in an unconfirmed masonry makes sense.

##vote Tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

On who, Quid?

I've got a town read on Bif and gulag, so my impression of the (light as it is) Quid push isn't a scum push.

I need to look at Quid, but my impression is that town Quid pushes cases, good or bad, and scum Quid is more defensive/evasive.

Chic seemed...aggressively defensive, and whether it's genuine or a little forced, it tends to be an effective scum tactic for many players.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't think the death match thing makes any sense since I'm just plain-old town aligned.

That you bring it up as a possibility is super odd, Bif.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Are you a threat to town, Bif?

##vote Bif

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think it's a slip.

I think she's on some kind of small team that is not town-aligned, and she assumed that was how the game was set up.

I can ask it explicitly, though.

Are you town aligned Bif? If yes, where did that speculation come from?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Fair enough. I'm not in any masonries so I can see how you'd make a statement about pairs.

##unvote

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's an unconfirmed masonry so who cares?

But yeah, I can see your post coming from a town perspective due to that.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I can try to be succinct.

I think you were being overly cautious. You serious-voted Juchero and then backed off, saying you didn't like the case on him (your case, presumably). Almost like a...joke unvote? It looked odd to other players (Bif) as well, and her needling you on it was probably to see how you'd respond under pressure.

She didn't need to lead you into weird behavior, you did that yourself.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Biting back at the person casing you is also a scum reaction. As a townie, you have to know that some people are going to be suspicious of you from a town perspective. Bif has heat on her though, so she's a good target.

Since Quid is super into misrepresenting me, I've quoted myself.

Does this look like a player 100% CERTAIN of another's alignment?

You're hard pushing a false narrative and it makes me even more certain you're scum.

Dinnertime, so I won't be around for a while.

• Locked thread