Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Quidthulhu posted:

Ah yes, leave a vote on someone you aren’t convinced about and then don’t come back. Very pro town.

The laziness in this game from some very good players is making me mad.

TIRED MORITZ posted:

Gonna go for 8 hours.

Would prefer that we dont have a no lynch so

##vote quid

Sorry if youre town

i msorry, but this level of misrepresentation is inexusable. farewell...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
man, I'm really starting to think quid is just frustrated town. either way, it's getting hard to read the nonstop bickering between bif and quid.

Chic Trombone posted:

How are people feeling about Tired Mortiz? i have a scummy gutread on them

i share a similar scumread. If quid actually is town, then

Tired Moritz posted:

Gonna go for 8 hours.

Would prefer that we dont have a no lynch so

##vote quid

Sorry if youre town

is a really bad post. looking at his post history, TM doesn't seem to care at all who is lynched just as long as somebody is.
##vote tired moritz

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

TM isnt getting lynched with one hour to go you god damned ingrate. now vote quid before i bind you to my legendary sword, "mad mountains"

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
I don't think Quid is scum either. I do think there's a serious personality clash between them and Bif. And I think that conflict is unfortunate but, also, not really something the rest of us should be obligated to work through with them.

You two need to like... Kiss. Or fight in a war together. Maybe start with tea. Theres a lot of pent up aggression i'm feeling here. Chamomile helps with that.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’ve been attempting to case people all day, have been actively asking people to explain reads and pointing out what I think is scummy behavior, and have been engaging with and discussing things with people. I don’t like people saying that my engaging is a waste of time and not worth listening to. There’s a difference between “this is why I think your case is fake” and empty quoting me to say “lol” and nothing else.

Please tell me where in my content I am making the game unfun for you, Mona. I have cased Bif and Tobbs doing what I just outlined, saying it is especially looking like an avoidance tactic on Tobbs part, and nobody has responded to me on that point, except Bif to quote me and say LOL. I have also been told it’s not worth casing Bif on this because it’s a null tell to her.

So please, if you would like to engage with me on anything I have brought up, I am open to it. I am tired of people treating people lovely in mafia games and taking away their voices and autonomy in the game in light of “I think you are scum.” It’s rude. I have been trying not to do it this game and to ground my points in quotes and analysis to show people why I feel that they’re faking it.

If you disagree that this is what I’ve been doing, fine, but I think the record shows otherwise.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like Chic Trombone has made some good posts lately.

##unvote

Chic Trombone posted:

How are people feeling about Tired Mortiz? i have a scummy gutread on them

I want to believe that Tired Moritz is a disaffected town with work in the way. I'd also rather vote for him over Quidthulhu.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

except it is literally exactly what Quid did in the last game he was scum.

There's a lot more where that came from, but I think this one post sums it up.

oh yikes

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Quidthulhu posted:

I have cased Bif and Tobbs doing what I just outlined, saying it is especially looking like an avoidance tactic on Tobbs part, and nobody has responded to me on that point, except Bif to quote me and say LOL.

Where is Tobbs Gnawed, anyway?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Quidthulhu posted:

Please tell me where in my content I am making the game unfun for you, Mona.

Dude do you really not see where, in your endless, EXTREMELY vocal frustration, pages of ranting that has taken up, literally, the last five pages of the thread, why people 1) aren't reading your posts 2) aren't responding to you and 3) you are making the game overall shittier for it?

This isn't fun for anyone. Not for you or anyone else, but look, in MOBAs, there's a saying, a saying Mafia could do well to adopt given how much of a problem Shine had in people being legitimately, actually at each other's goddamn throats with poo poo like what you're spewing here.

Don't play on tilt.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Prince of Space posted:

Where is Tobbs Gnawed, anyway?

Ah, right, Blade Runner tonight.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

People are not responding to you because you have a massive thread-monopolizing meltdown, I even tried to engage you on a couple points only to get deftly sort of brushed aside as anything other than a mention as town in your lumpenlists. You are not in the right headspace to be playing right now.

That is why I am voting you, because you need a reason to not play right now, so you can go cool off and figure out why you're getting so loving pissed in Mafia lately.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

ugh we're at under an hour left and not many people seem to be on

##vote Quid

nolunch bad

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidthulhu posted:

I’ve been attempting to case people all day, have been actively asking people to explain reads and pointing out what I think is scummy behavior, and have been engaging with and discussing things with people. I don’t like people saying that my engaging is a waste of time and not worth listening to. There’s a difference between “this is why I think your case is fake” and empty quoting me to say “lol” and nothing else.

You know I've already posted so many words at you. In reply to that one post of yours though, "lol" is the most clear and succinct reaction I can give, when after everything I've posted, hell, everything you've even quoted and said back to me, you end up at "You have offered no opinions on anyone except for me today." and get mad that I don't believe that's a real opinion.

Quid if you're town, (but I REALLY don't think you are), I don't know how I or anyone else can avoid driving you to this without completely abandoning the game. I might just have to avoid games with you, yeah. Just know that I will be doing it from not wanting to legit hurt your feelings, not cause I hate you or anything. I'm disappointed this game is turning out like this for my flustered and excitable dear pigeon-bot Okosan.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I’m the cop, and Illy.

Have fun, everyone.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

If Bif is literally defending “lol is an ok way to respond to you” when I am sitting here going “hey it really is not fun when I put effort in to this game and you dismiss it without responding at all” and Mona is sitting there going “you are making GBS threads up the game for being frustrated at that behavior” then this game is definitely not for me anymore, you are correct.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i hope you can have a more relaxing time in your next game quid

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

cop claim and little girl claim, now we're talking. 50, thoughts?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Chic Trombone posted:

i hope you can have a more relaxing time in your next game quid

Oh I am so very done, don’t you worry

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Quidthulhu posted:

Oh I am so very done, don’t you worry

:(

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen said "LOL" because you said she'd done no reads on anyone when she'd just given you a lumpenlist that you didn't read at first.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i wish yoju had said "i am cop" at a point where it was maybe possible to not kill you.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Quidthulhu posted:

I’m the cop, and Illy.

Have fun, everyone.

You can't leave Quid! You're my only friend!

No really though. I think that's sad.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

i wish yoju had said "i am cop" at a point where it was maybe possible to not kill you.

:agreed:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
so uh, what do we do now? it makes no sense to lynch a claimed cop

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I did not roleclaim because I wanted to try to be useful. My outing myself as the cop makes me far less useful, and most likely dead tonight.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

actually if everyone online right now switched to Tired Mortiz we might have enough but then this would just stretch into D2 as well

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it is better to be killed at night, then lynched during the day.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

so uh, what do we do now? it makes no sense to lynch a claimed cop

hell I don't know, lunch me instead cause at least my flip might be funny? I mean I am the horrible Mafia villain making the game unfun for everyone.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

gently caress it i'll try for it ##vote tired mortiz

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The clear answer is for 50 to modkill both Bif and I because we cannot coexist in a mafia game without it turning into this on D1

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

Quidthulhu (5): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tired Moritz, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Tired Moritz (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, Chic Trombone
Bifauxnen (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, Quidthulhu, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, 50 pounds of bread, Monathin, Monathin, Quidthulhu
KhediveRex (1): Chic Trombone, KhediveRex, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Monathin
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Bifauxnen, 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Quidthulhu
Juchero (1): Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Murmur Twin
Prince of Space (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
b-minus1 (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
50 pounds of bread (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
GulagDolls (0): 50 pounds of bread, Tobbs Gnawed, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed, 50 pounds of bread
SalTheBard (0): Prince of Space, Prince of Space
Monathin (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Chic Trombone (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Prince of Space, Prince of Space

Not Voting (3): Juchero, Prince of Space, SalTheBard

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 40 minutes.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

GulagDolls posted:

:same:

Quidthulhu posted:

Mona is sitting there going you are making GBS threads up the game for being frustrated at that behavior then this game is definitely not for me anymore, you are correct.

Let me make this as absolutely 100% clear as possible to you, Quid.

You literally, actually, created 5-pages worth of frustration, largely on your own, and got me upset and frustrated. You are allowed to be upset at people casing you, at people thinking you are suspicious.

You are not allowed, under any loving circumstances, to turn the thread into your personal venting ground where you feel accused and persecuted and like it's unfair you're getting considered as scum. I would policy lynch anyone who did the poo poo you did on a regular basis, regardless of alignment, because that is toxic behavior and is literally ruining the game for other people.

You don't get to make other people not have fun just because you are not having fun, and if I ever see you pull this poo poo in a game again I will pull this thread up to remind people you can't handle any sort of suspicion without turning the thread into an anger dome in which the only voice is your own goddamn echo.

Someone hammer Quid, I'm going to loving bed.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Chic Trombone posted:

actually if everyone online right now switched to Tired Mortiz we might have enough but then this would just stretch into D2 as well

Why the focus on Tired Moritz, other than they're away/defenseless and dropped a really lazy vote on Quidthulhu?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Prince of Space posted:

Why the focus on Tired Moritz, other than they're away/defenseless and dropped a really lazy vote on Quidthulhu?

because i have a scum read on them as i said?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Chic Trombone posted:

If you think his cop claim is legit I wouldn't mind voting for TM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

gently caress it i'll try for it ##vote tired mortiz

you're fighting the good fight. Still think Quid is hella scum but we can see what ~data~ there is tomorrow

##vote Tired Moritz

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I disagree with you, Mona, but I won’t let it poo poo up the game more, you are correct that this is not the appropriate place to bring it up.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

theyre awful

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i mean this is plurality right. so as long as people are moving votes it doesn't really matter where to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

sorry, the opposite of plurality. give me the anti-lurker gun, and do not give it to bif, thank you

• Locked thread