Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Really happy Almas retained. He’s my favorite NXT champ in awhile and I hope we get a Black Almas championship match next Takeover.
Would be a good book end with the last Mania Takeover which also had Black vs Almas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's pretty crazy how much more presence Almas has with the mask, though. Still no clue why they made him take it off. He's obviously a decent looking guy, but not like, HANDSOME BATTLE worthy, so why not let him be a masked lucha guy? (I'd say it's because they don't like masked heels, but he was tecnico on his debut in NXT)

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Gaz-L posted:

He's obviously a decent looking guy, but not like, HANDSOME BATTLE worthy
:wrong:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm late to the party, but I was out for my birthday last night so I just got around to watching the show.

Almas/Gargano was unbelievable. Absolutely loving incredible. I'm rather disillusioned with wrestling in general as of late, but that match was drat near everything I love about this stupid sport. The sense of struggle and fighting for every inch is something I appreciated so much because I don't get much of that feeling in matches nowadays. The striking exchanges actually came off as both guys trying to win rather than ~*fighting spirit*~ BS. The Candice spot was loving perfect. I haven't been following NXT much at all over the past year, but that match completely sucked me in. It has surpassed Sami/Neville as my favorite NXT match, and I'll be shocked if anything tops it this year in WWE (or anywhere else even, although I admit to not seeing Tana/Suzuki yet). It was definitely better than anything on Wrestle Kingdom.

TL;DR - That main event did what nothing on Raw 25 did and put a huge dumb smile on my face.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Gaz-L posted:

It's pretty crazy how much more presence Almas has with the mask, though. Still no clue why they made him take it off. He's obviously a decent looking guy, but not like, HANDSOME BATTLE worthy, so why not let him be a masked lucha guy? (I'd say it's because they don't like masked heels, but he was tecnico on his debut in NXT)

He unmasked in Mexico and he was a big enough name that he can't remask without upsetting people.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Testekill posted:

He unmasked in Mexico and he was a big enough name that he can't remask without upsetting people.

Yeah that stuff's a big deal there.

Fans got mad when Rey put his back on, but he got permission because WCW's lovely unmasking matches weren't considered real Luchas de Apuestas and they were all bullied into them.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wasn’t the unmasking per WWE’s request though, even though it was before he switched?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

St Evan Echoes posted:

Wasn’t the unmasking per WWE’s request though, even though it was before he switched?

I'd seriously doubt that. The unmasking happened in February 1999, about a month after the Finger Poke of Doom. Waaay too early for WWE to be calling the shots on anything.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

St Evan Echoes posted:

The unmasking happened way before he came to WWE. He ran around with the No Limit soldiers and had Devil horns glued to his face.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I think St Evan Echoes's question was referring to La Sombra, not Rey.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

frankenfreak posted:

:thejoke: I assume

E: also thank you for the clarification Sal my dude :tipshat:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

frankenfreak posted:

O haha ok. The flow of posts made me think it was Rey!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Gaz-L posted:

He's way more handsome than Cody or Ibushi. This might be my strongest wrestling opinion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

schweens posted:

He's way more handsome than Cody
disagree but ok

quote:

or Ibushi
what the gently caress

• Locked thread