Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

FogHelmut posted:

I'm an old millennial (used to be called 'gen y'), I spend a shitload of money at Costco, have an executive membership, and a Costco credit card.

Same, their produce (especially lettuce and spinach) is far better than my local grocery store. Even as a single person I make back my executive membership every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

bob dobbs is dead posted:

can't tell if actual jesus church or kirkland church
either way, is ok

Kirkland church. Blessed be they name.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

FilthyImp posted:

Truth.

I used to struggle with the annoyance of having to boil water for the baby in the middle of the night. Nothing like listening to 3 minutes of wailing while the kettle did its job.

Then we got a Zoji vacuum thermos and tossing hot water in it at 9 left us good till like 7 the following morning.

Boiling babies is like boiling ribs. Just don't. They are much tastier if you grill them or at least throw them in the smoker for a bit. Besides if they are in the oven or smoker you can't hear that 3 minutes of wailing so much.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do they take a photo of you and put it on your membership card at Costco in America or can anyone use it?

Not sure if they still do it, but there used to be a business card you could get with no photo, just said bearer on it. You had to use cash, a card, or a company check, no personal checks, but who the hell writes checks anymore?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I bet you that Tom Br*dy isn't a Costco member.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Should I get my tires from Costco?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Over There posted:

I don't personally, since they have a limited selection of the Big Brands, which I think are overpriced.

Shop around for sure.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Chinatown posted:

I don't personally, since they have a limited selection of the Big Brands, which I think are overpriced.

Shop around for sure.

Any recommendations? I'm somewhat new to this.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
They are good if you only want Michelin or Bridgestone. Check which one is currently on coupon for $70.
I did Michelins for my newer Nissan Altima, but went to Discount Tire for Falkens on my truck, older celica and shitbox civic.

What car/tire size?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Meydey posted:

They are good if you only want Michelin or Bridgestone. Check which one is currently on coupon for $70.
I did Michelins for my newer Nissan Altima, but went to Discount Tire for Falkens on my truck, older celica and shitbox civic.

What car/tire size?

Mazda 3. I'll have to check on the size.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Discount Tire/Americas Tire on the west coast, Town Faire Tirea on the east

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Over There posted:

Any recommendations? I'm somewhat new to this.

I'd say don't cheap out on your tires. That being said, like anything just trudging through the internet to see what the vibe is for tires in your size.
You can order tires separately and bring them to a place and have them mount and balance them too, you don't have to buy your tires from the place that installs them.
If you need basic tire help like measurements and poo poo let us know, it's one of those things that seems complicated and specific outside looking in but is not difficult at all.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

KakerMix posted:

I'd say don't cheap out on your tires. That being said, like anything just trudging through the internet to see what the vibe is for tires in your size.
You can order tires separately and bring them to a place and have them mount and balance them too, you don't have to buy your tires from the place that installs them.
If you need basic tire help like measurements and poo poo let us know, it's one of those things that seems complicated and specific outside looking in but is not difficult at all.

Cool thanks guys! I noticed it was probably about time since I was sliding a bit on the roads on rainy days.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
A 2012 Mazda 3 Sport uses 205/55-16. Not sure what year/model you have
A good site for reviews is https://www.tirerack.com

Stick with brand name stuff and you are safe. If you do go to Costco, stay away from Bridgestone Ecopias. They suck on anything other than a Prius.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Meydey posted:

A 2012 Mazda 3 Sport uses 205/55-16. Not sure what year/model you have
A good site for reviews is https://www.tirerack.com

Stick with brand name stuff and you are safe. If you do go to Costco, stay away from Bridgestone Ecopias. They suck on anything other than a Prius.

2013, looks like its the same size as you recommended. holy gently caress that is expensive

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Wrong thread

Over There fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 29, 2018

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Anybody know if the holy church sells Bose QC35 headphones? Been thinking about committing to a pair lately but would love for them to be backed by Costcos crazy warranty stuff.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

I went there to try out headphones and the only Bose they had at mine were the on-ear soundlink ones that are on their website.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I got a good deal on Costco tires, price was competitive and they offer free rotations and stuff.

Their tire center is always so goddamn backed up though and just getting a rotation is a 2-3 hour affair. It sucks.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Polish is back!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FCKGW posted:

I got a good deal on Costco tires, price was competitive and they offer free rotations and stuff.

Their tire center is always so goddamn backed up though and just getting a rotation is a 2-3 hour affair. It sucks.
yeah it really is. you need to go before they open main-store doors (tire center opens like an hr earlier), get in line (with 1 worker helping people) and then hopefully by mid-day it'll be ready. anything less than being there 1-hr before they open you might as well forget it unless you have someone to pick you up and drop you back off at like 7pm.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife works in the tire center. I will probably go to a different Costco to get my new tires, but I will go to Costco

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

No Butt Stuff posted:

My wife works in the tire center. I will probably go to a different Costco to get my new tires, but I will go to Costco

Look man if you are worried about that you might have too much life insurance.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Over There posted:

If you can get a tire that fits your car they are probably worth it for their warranty alone.

If your tires blow on you they give you a refund based on the % of tread left on them and also give you nitrogen fills and rotations for the life of the tire

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

yeah it really is. you need to go before they open main-store doors (tire center opens like an hr earlier), get in line (with 1 worker helping people) and then hopefully by mid-day it'll be ready. anything less than being there 1-hr before they open you might as well forget it unless you have someone to pick you up and drop you back off at like 7pm.

I’ve had decent luck scheduling a time, dropping off in the evening and grabbing dinner with the fam offsite. Their website can be really freaking flaky though and you have to make sure you can get TPMS packs and stuff like that done when you’re handing over the keys.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

therobit posted:

Look man if you are worried about that you might have too much life insurance.

haha, no it's just that if they screw up, I want to be able to really put the screws to them to get them to make it right, and doing that to a shop my wife works at would be... not great for her employment.

I hear their shop screw ups a lot. They compensate well, so I would definitely go to Costco because if they mess up and blow up my tire or something they'll put comp me a new one and give me like 300 in costco cash.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Hey guy who works at Costco, how do they cook the Italian sausages? Ever since they introduced it I haven't been able to go back to the $1.50 dog and soda (with refill). It's so gloriously juicy and delicious, and the skin always has a nice char to it. Do they cook it under the chain broiler they use for pizzas?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
If I had to guess, they probably individually spit roast them over an a bonfire fueled by dollar fifty hot dogs because they're cheaper than charcoal and gasoline.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I am also not very good at guessing.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Renegret posted:

I am also not very good at guessing.

You might not be very good at guessing CORRECTLY but you are very good at guessing!

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I work at corporate and have never seen the Italian Sausage at the food court. Must be East Coast only. DAMMIT
The uncooked ones are the poo poo to bbq though. Marinate in cheap beer then bbq, oh hell yeah.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Tell the Costcos in Washington State to carry the burger and Italian Sausage please.

LoonyLeif
Jul 17, 2001

You know, if Dave Thomas is really dead, then how does he keep coming out with all these new sandwiches?
thinkin bout them dogs

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

LoonyLeif posted:

thinkin bout them dogs

As am I but new deals don't start until next Thursday! How am I supposed to make a pilgrimage when I don't know what to expect?

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

The Midniter posted:

Hey guy who works at Costco, how do they cook the Italian sausages? Ever since they introduced it I haven't been able to go back to the $1.50 dog and soda (with refill). It's so gloriously juicy and delicious, and the skin always has a nice char to it. Do they cook it under the chain broiler they use for pizzas?

We literally toss them through the pizza oven about one and a half cycles to two cycles through.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

The Midniter posted:

FYI I started getting these when you suggested once before and I get it every time now. It’s not a few dollars more but it’s so worth it!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

C. Everett Koop posted:

As am I but new deals don't start until next Thursday! How am I supposed to make a pilgrimage when I don't know what to expect?

I usually go once a week to check the clearances, it's like a scavenger hunt where you randomly get half price scotch or, like... goldenberries.

Or one time, 3 packs of Victory at Sea bombers for $3.57.

You never know.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wait so is the italian sausage not just another option for the 1.50 dog? Sorta like my Costco has it so you can either get a Brat or a Dog for 1.50.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

belt posted:

Wait so is the italian sausage not just another option for the 1.50 dog? Sorta like my Costco has it so you can either get a Brat or a Dog for 1.50.

Nah it's like 3 bucks or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Taima posted:

Or one time, 3 packs of Victory at Sea bombers for $3.57.

Wow wait seriously?

I wish my Costco had Ballast Point. We have Toppling Goliath which is great, but Ballast Point has a much broader selection.