Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The first (short) season of Celebrity Big Brother starts February 7th on CBS.

This is both the Spoiler and Episode discussion thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the winter TV season, which means it's time for Big Brother?... Not since Big Brother 9 has the U.S. edition of the series aired in Winter, and we're now returning with a shortened "celebrity" version which will be airing against the Olympics. Who are these celebrities? Unclear, probably look to the casts of Dancing with the Stars to see the caliber of people brought in. This could include some former Houseguests who gained other nominal fame in TV, like Austin Matelson (BB 17) or Jessie Godderz (BB 10, 11), or Ariana Grande's brother Frankie Grande (BB 16, UK Celebrity Big Brother 18). Other celebs like Lance Bass have expressed love for the series and might be a possibility. The international versions of BB have made the celebrity edition a staple of their Big Brother rotation, this will be the first for the U.S..

What is Big Brother? Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 14+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of cash prize.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Celebrity Big Brother 1?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

http://poptv.com/big_brother_after_dark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/celebrity-big-brother/

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother now added to CBS All Access, in addition to the feeds you'll now also have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Airing Schedule:

Wednesday, Feb. 7
8-9 PM — Premiere

Thursday, Feb. 8
8-9 PM

Friday, Feb. 9
8-10 PM — 2-Hour Episode

Sunday, Feb. 11
8-9 PM

Monday, Feb. 12
8-9 PM

Wednesday, Feb. 14
8-9 PM

Friday, Feb. 16
8-10 PM —2-Hour Episode

Sunday, Feb. 18
8-9 PM

Monday, Feb. 19
8-9 PM

Wednesday, Feb. 21
8-9 PM

Friday, Feb. 23
8-10 PM — 2-Hour Episode

Saturday, Feb. 24
8-9 PM

Sunday, Feb. 25
8-10 PM — Celebrity Edition Finale

Celebrity BB Season 1 Cast::

Ariadna Gutiérrez (24) Miss Colombia 2014, runner-up in Miss Universe 2015 - Miami, Florida
Brandi Glanville (45) Former The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star - Los Angeles, California
Chuck Liddell (48) Mixed martial artist, UFC Hall of Famer - Calabasas, California
James Maslow (27) Big Time Rush singer and actor - Venice, California
Keshia Knight Pulliam (38) Former The Cosby Show actress - Atlanta, Georgia
Marissa Jaret Winokur (44) Broadway actress - Toluca Lake, California
Mark McGrath (49) Singer and television host - Studio City, California
Metta World Peace (38) Former NBA player - Los Angeles, California
Omarosa Manigault (43) Reality television star and former White House political aide - Jacksonville, Florida
Ross Mathews (38) Television host - Palm Springs, California
Shannon Elizabeth (44) Actress - Cape Town, South Africa

Teek fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History:
  • Ariadna Gutiérrez
  • Brandi Glanville
  • Chuck Liddell
    - Eliminated Eviction 1
  • James Maslow
  • Keshia Knight Pulliam
    - Eliminated Eviction 2
  • Marissa Jaret Winokur
  • Mark McGrath
  • Metta World Peace
    - Eliminated Eviction 4
  • Omarosa Manigault
  • Ross Mathews
  • Shannon Elizabeth
    - Eliminated Eviction 3

Eviction 1
HOH: Omarosa randomly selected to be Safe for week. Shannon wins
BB Gift Bags: Each HG receives blind bags with powers/penalties, including Recast power, allowing winner to become new HOH. Each eviction period, one person who wants to participate is randomly drawn to open theirs. If Recast pulled, gift bag temptation is over. [Keshia selected, has Recast and becomes new HOH]
HOH: Keshia
Nominations: Chuck & James
Veto: Shannon (Not used)
Final Nominees: Chuck VS James
Eliminated Player: Chuck (7-1)

Eviction 2
HOH: Ross
Nominations: Keshia & Omarosa
Veto: Marissa (Not Used)
Final Nominees: Keshia VS Omarosa
Eliminated Player: Keshia (7-0)

Eviction 3
HOH: Ariadna
Nominations: James & Shannon
Veto: James (Used on self, replaced with Mark)
Final Nominees: Mark VS Shannon
Eliminated Player: Shannon (5-1)

Eviction 4
HOH: Omarosa
Nominations: Brandi & Ross
America's Vote for Veto Type: Diamond (Winner selects renom if veto used) VS VIP (If winner uses veto, they can use it a second time after renom is named) VS Spotlight (Veto winner must use it)
VIP Veto: Ross (Used on self, replaced with Metta, declines to use again)
Final Nominees: Brandi VS Metta
Eliminated Player: Metta (5-0)

Eviction 5
HOH: Mark
Nominations:
Veto:
Final Nominees:
Eliminated Player:

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Feb 20, 2018

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
CBS finally tweeted a video of the cast, I'm so excited:

https://twitter.com/CBSBigBrother/status/957818031828123648

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, right in line with "celebrity" status for Dancing with the Stars and Apprentice. The fact that several of them were on those very shows goes a long way to showing how poo poo the celebrity talent pool is for these shows.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

shannon elizabeth used to be a regular panelist on evel dick's survivor podcast years back so if this isnt a Fans Vote style season i'd probably mark her as a favorite for having some idea of how to play. chuck lidell will be okay if they let him sneak in a bit of coke. i dont know any of the other celebs besides ron artest.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
This cast....ew.

Watching only because Shannon Elizabeth was super hot way back when and probably still is.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SweetJahasus posted:

This cast....ew.

Watching only because Shannon Elizabeth was super hot way back when and probably still is.
Shannon's a pro poker player, and seems like a nice person. Hopefully she is good at reading people and manipulating them.

These people were on Celebrity Apprentice and I have zero interest in seeing them again because FOR FUCKS SAKE CBS could you not find some interesting celebs who haven't already been in a stupid reality show.

Omarosa
Brandi
Mark McGrath
Keisha

These celebrities (?) are complete unknowns to me:

Marissa Jarret Winokur
James Maslow from Big Time Rush
TV host Ross Mathews
some pro sports guy (not Chuck Liddell, the other guy).

So by the process of elimination I'm rooting for...Miss Colombia 2015?! No that can't be right. Go Shannon!

EDIT: is it possible there are some bigger names that are still being kept hidden?

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 29, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I doubt it, with the short nature of the season. There's an outside chance we could get a 12th returnee BB player.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Binary Logic posted:

some pro sports guy (not Chuck Liddell, the other guy).

You've never heard of Ron Artest? Even if you don't follow basketball you should have heard about the time a basketball player went into the stands and punched a fan in the face and basically started a riot

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=267s&v=gQIIOWPNYM0

Artest later legally changed his name to "Metta World Peace"

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

SweetJahasus posted:

This cast....ew.

Probably

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URRS96letHU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bbf2 posted:

You've never heard of Ron Artest? Even if you don't follow basketball you should have heard about the time a basketball player went into the stands and punched a fan in the face and basically started a riot

Metta World Peace is like the only thing that even remotely interests me about this shitshow.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

bbf2 posted:

LOL well now I've heard of him. Thanks.
Listened to RHAP run through the cast and I'm a little more interested in this season.

http://robhasawebsite.com/celebrity-big-brother-cast-preview/

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Jan 30, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Apparently Omarosa scored a $1M payday from CBS to do both this and a pilot for a new talk show.

https://radaronline.com/videos/omarosa-celebrity-big-brother-1-million-paycheck-talk-show-after-white-house/

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Just a heads up to everyone - the new season of BB Canada is going to premier immediately after Celeb BB ends (9pm Eastern Time Im guessing) March 7th on Global. I thought the last season was pretty sleazy and also compelling so my hopes are pretty high that itll be a good palate cleanser if Celeb BB is a travesty.

BhindiBhaji Boogie fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 6, 2018

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

when Celeb BB is a travesty.

FTFY

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Full walk through of the house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFjkmrLYkgw

Jesus. They really did dump some money into it for this brief season.

Biggest House takeaways compared to previous years:
  • Backyard has been divided 30/70. The 30 is the area nearest the door and will be a walled in "outside" consisting of hang out couches and washer/dryer area. Rest of yard is permanent comp area which will allow them to change stuff without limiting their ability to go outside.
  • Parlor got a big bar-like makeover.
  • HOH bed is gigantic.
  • Smaller pool table is now on the second floor landing.
  • Second floor secret room has been made into an exercise room.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 2, 2018

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who thinks to use a Porsche as a wall decor?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Probably the marketing department at Porsche.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Oh, you mean the car.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BhindiBhaji Boogie posted:

Just a heads up to everyone - the new season of BB Canada is going to premier immediately after Celeb BB ends (9pm Eastern Time Im guessing) on Global. I thought the last season was pretty sleazy and also compelling

Sleazy as in how? I've always thought that BBCan outclasses the American version in a major way.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 2, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Thankfully coming out of the interviews, we got some BB fans of varying degrees in the house. Both Ross and Shannon are legit fans of the show going back years. Ross has done recaps going back quite a ways and Shannon has guested on Evil Dick's show several times doing feed recaps. Mark also watched the show last season. Marissa has watched several seasons and also watched BBOTT(!?)

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 2, 2018

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Marissa has watched several seasons and also watched BBOTT(!?)

Hmm questioning this person's sanity here.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

Well that's my story.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Sleazy as in how? I've always thought that BBCan outclasses the American version in a major way.

Ive never seen any other seasons of BBCan so I cant comment on those but last season seemed to be pretty mean in tone a lot of the time. Lots of personal attacks and attempts to bait the other house guests by crossing the line. Generally on the American BB the arguments stem from gameplay disputes and get into character attacks no doubt, but the last BBCan seemed to have an unprecedented amount of time spent on house guests ragging on each others careers/lives/families. Ika in particular got a lot of air time and liked to comment on how ugly, fat, boring, unlikable and underemployed Jackie was relentlessly.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

And Neda's edit was kind of sleazily manipulative.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Ika is loving mean. She got a positive take her first time through because she ended up getting screwed over by the bigger villains of the season and not only had the AMAZING letter scene but also Sabrina falsely accused her of threatening her and trying to shove her down the stairs and made such a big deal of it that BB had to review the tapes and announce to the cast that Sabrina was lying (which is what tanked Sabrina's game).

But before all that she was this cruel and evil mean girl who made Heather's life absolutely miserable and said some really heinous poo poo. Its just that she was saying that stuff with Sabrina and Neda and while Neda ended up feeling bad, becoming friends with Heather, and apologizing Ika ended up becoming the target of Sabrina and just became this funny victim.

But man... she's loving evil.

Edit: But it provided us this.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 2, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I wasn't paying attention. CBS announced on Twitter and stealth dropped 15 minutes of feeds access yesterday. They said they might do it again. Recapped on Jokers here.

http://forums.jokersupdates.com/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=bbusaupdates&page=0&view=expanded&sb=5&o=&rc=&sm=0

Seems like everyone is in the house and the women might be trying an alliance. Who knows how successful that might go.

Haven't tried Liquids BB app to see if you can flashback to it.

Edit: Yeah, you can view it on there through bookmarks.

Teek fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 3, 2018

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Oh, this is going to be absolutely terrible.

Can't wait.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Premiere on right now.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

Well that's my story.
If Ron Artest can go for 2 days without the curse of Queensbridge getting him hes going straight to the top. OMAROSA GO HOME.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Omarosa is going to be a trainwreck

I cannot wait

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The worst few days in the TV year is in after the superbowl and before baseball spring training. This will help.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Somehow Rachel still looks like shes gonna cry.

BhindiBhaji Boogie
Aug 6, 2013

Well that's my story.
Well Im pretty pleased with the 1st episode. Theyre playing 3 eps in a row so hopefully they develop a narrative that extends beyond the "girls vs boys" thing but ultimately who cares - Im a sucker for BB. Whoever pinpointed Shannon Elizabeth as a sleeper favourite to win may have been on to something. Survivor begins Feb 28 in case anyone missed the promos during BB so the next couple of months should be a boon for reality shows on CBS.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Omarosa looking supportive and strategic? We'll see how she holds up when she faces some adversity. But she seems good so far.

Shannon looking solid.

James looked like a joke, which I think everyone pegged from the interviews.

Solid Jody joke. She got another shot after all. Camera shot...

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I had below zero expectations going in but after that premiere I'm here for the long haul.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds now up.

Apparently Metta has tried to DOR several times. He supposedly hit the emergency button at one point too.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The only emergency button that should count is the one that immediately fires his agent for saying CBB would be a good idea.

meeler09
May 24, 2007
I didn't watch the episode, but I tuned in before bed to the feeds. Weird to see an NBA champion doing dishes and laundry while a drunken suburban mom rambles about.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh dear God. this shitshow is on CNN...

Someone let me know if Omarasa suffers a terrible accident trying to convince OTEV that she never liked that orange guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Like Teek said, Omarosa has been shockingly decent so far; she even looked good in the feeds.

Speaking of feeds, (no noms or anything in here, just the shenanigans) Brandi got completely wasted last night. During charades, for 'Jumanji,' she mimed a large nose to try to get people to say 'Jew.' She later attempted to gently caress a butternut squash.

Propaganda Machine fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 8, 2018

• Locked thread