Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I had a gut scum read on MMT, but since she outed that I targeted her with my action I think she's probably town.

I don't see scum doing that.

also why would scum not do that, claim to get blocked somehow, should make it look like scum's targeting them, right? They'd know it came from town instead, but if town wants to come out and clarify that welp, all the better, now you spotted who did it. And roleblocking-type stuff isn't exactly the towniest power to come out with either, could get a mislunch on you if they're really lucky.

yeah I really don't get your thought process here

Now that you claimed your action you might as well claim your flavor too, hey?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Suss on bread for all the flavor related to Quid, zero content, and zero ability to do what he's been role-playing all game.

Very setup speccy, but if he was town yesterday I wonder if he's had an alignment switch since he didn't abscond from the game or anything.

TBQH to get more than that I'll have to read more, which I haven't had time to do carefully over the weekend. Fighting with Quid is exhausting.

Town reads on gulag for being what seems to me as genuine, and MMT for disclosing she was my target.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Chic Trombone posted:

hey sal, who do you think are the bad guys. i read your post history and i can't find where you solidly share a scumread

I am at work and phone posting. My top 3 are Prince, B- and 50. I'm also suspect of Juchero as well. I will re read d1 posts when I get home at 10pm CST. I'm not avoiding the question.

Also I posted something yesterday while I was out with friends about scum reads

SalTheBard posted:

Gun to my head (and after doing quick skim of the thread). I think Jucheros quick flip on 50 was weird. I'm probably looking at this too meta but I would vote Quid over Bif. I have trouble with D1 reads but this is my gun to the head reads.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

also why would scum not do that, claim to get blocked somehow, should make it look like scum's targeting them, right? They'd know it came from town instead, but if town wants to come out and clarify that welp, all the better, now you spotted who did it. And roleblocking-type stuff isn't exactly the towniest power to come out with either, could get a mislunch on you if they're really lucky.

yeah I really don't get your thought process here

Now that you claimed your action you might as well claim your flavor too, hey?

Assassin, Kojirou.

And it's not a block, it's a delay. Her action will still go off, it just won't resolve until N2. I'd expect scum to keep the fact they have an action hidden. Now if she gets heat she can't claim to have done nothing, and will have to explain who and why.

My hope was to target a scummy player and delay an NK. If there were no NK it could implicate my target.

As for it not being a super towny power, TM was a jugg vig. Unless someone's action is a repeatable kill, I think mostly scum would push a case based on a power role that looks weird. And if that's the case, my town flip will at least be informative.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Assassin, Kojirou.

And it's not a block, it's a delay. Her action will still go off, it just won't resolve until N2. I'd expect scum to keep the fact they have an action hidden. Now if she gets heat she can't claim to have done nothing, and will have to explain who and why.

well, delaying an action by a night could easily be as good as a block. Like if she was a doc or watcher on Quid. :v: Interesting point though that she's outed doing something on D1 that's delayed till tonight... still seems like there could be a lot of wiggle room for explaining herself though, if it was anything scummy. I mean, we should be expecting nearly everyone to have actions anyway in role madness, so it's not like confessing this puts some big new fakeclaim burden on her all of a sudden.

Quite willing to vote 50 with you, though. Let's see what all he's got to say.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Bifauxnen posted:

well, delaying an action by a night could easily be as good as a block. Like if she was a doc or watcher on Quid. :v: Interesting point though that she's outed doing something on D1 that's delayed till tonight... still seems like there could be a lot of wiggle room for explaining herself though, if it was anything scummy. I mean, we should be expecting nearly everyone to have actions anyway in role madness, so it's not like confessing this puts some big new fakeclaim burden on her all of a sudden.

Quite willing to vote 50 with you, though. Let's see what all he's got to say.

I think it makes a lot more sense that MMT is town outing what could (I'll admit) easily be a scum ability.

I certainly could be wrong, but scum, knowing the ability is in town's repertoire, would probably keep it to themselves since the ability is a little confusing and could be used to falsely clear scum.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

My case on Juchero is "he isn't hunting for scum".

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I don’t see how simply acknowledging the threat of a potential 3p without voting for them somehow translates to “not hunting for scum”

Murmur Twin posted:

Quote me his strongest scum read.

b-minus1 posted:

gotta admit that you're right, he doesn't appear to have one.

---

Something feels off about MMT’s posts. Really only seems to be pushing two talking points, quid/bif is a slapfight, and juchero is scum simply for suggesting that 50 could be 3p. I guess it just seems strange for her to shoot down what appeared to me to be legitimate discussion.

I'm not a fan at all of b- focusing on the fact that I thought Juch was 3P hunting when the main meat of my case was that he's doing the classic scum "get overwhelmed by game, make excuses instead of cases". He literally acknowledges the point I'm trying to make, and then ignores it when he goes back to case me later.

b-minus1 posted:

MMT threw out an early "jokevote" for quid, then later voted for monathin, and finally kept her vote parked on Juchero for the remainder of the day. just getting a strange feeling reading her posts, overly friendly townie without committing to reads, except for that juchero vote.

What's suspicious about a jokevote or making an early case on someone D1? Also, I feel like it's disingenuous to say "I parked by vote on Juchero for the remainder of the day". I made a case, he did nothing to prove me wrong, and when I went to sleep the only vote leader was Quid, who I thought was town.

b-: what's your opinion of Juchero?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Bifauxnen posted:

cause I was already looking at Chic as a lurker anyway, so seeing her show up to still post hardly anything except a pre-emptive "boy it would sure be dumb to vote for lukers on D1 though hey" really rubbed me the wrong way. Throwing a vote down and having her go "HOW DARE YOU gently caress YOU" sure didn't help any haha

Chic Trombone posted:

also kind of a misrepresentation of why i was The Mad in the first place (i still think D1 lurker calls are :nallears:); i wasn't mad bc i, specifically, was being called scum

i guess i can see the misinterpretation but something feels fishy here

I felt like Bif was going to start tunneling on you for not being a lurker / not around at the start of D1 and it was going to lead to unpleasantness in the thread, so I was trying to nudge her away from that with my post. It didn't really have much to do with you (other than thinking your frustration at being lurker cased d1 would be genuine no matter what your alignment is)

quote:

MMT why didn't you bring me up as scummy later in the day when it was clear i wouldn't start a fight or w/e you're claiming to have been worried about over it?

It dawns on me that I was just assuming that people know this, but I work a graveyard shift and keep weird hours. I was asleep during the escalation of the Quid/Bif fight and subsequent push on TM - I didn't really have any sort of suspicion of you until I went back and re-read the day.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
My Very First Lumpenlist!

Suspicious Characters:

Bread: I'm not sure I trust his flavor anymore. He made a lot of noise about wanting to find the little girl. To protect the little girl. He found the little girl. The little girl dies. Where did that protect thing come in? If he couldn't protect her, why make all the noise in thread about protecting her? Could he have wanted to find Ilya for other reasons? In any event, his flavor is thrown into question. And that logically throws his behavior into question.

Tobbs: Quid had a good point last night that Tobbs had been playing very friendly with Bif. Not suspicious by itself but, I notice it has stopped being the case today. Suspicions were on him just as much yesterday, I seem to recall. Today he's a little more defensive and much cooler toward the person he was hoping to make an ally. Changed his strategy after he got called on it?

Really though, half of my suspicions with Tobbs comes from the duel he's involved in with MurmerTwin. I don't see why, if he had that power, he would use it on MurmurTwin. He calls it a gut read. It feels more to me like a "I want to use this and see how it works." (Correct me if dueling is a standard power, I think the whole idea is weird.) I just don't see how or why a duel developed between townies. Sort of in general. And having said that.

MurmurTwin: I have to put her on the list of suspicious people because she's the other half of the duel. She and Tobbs are fighting for reasons that haven't been sufficiently explained to us. I also note that like Tobbs, MurmurTwin wasn't very active around deadline, even though it was a very important deadline. That's far from daming evidence but, it is worth noting.

Curious Characters:

Bif: My read on her is town. My gut on her is town. She's in curious character largely because she's been pushing a narrative about how to interpret Quid's death last night and she thought it was important to correct Monathin's alternate view of things. Both of their perspectives seem fair, i'd like to be able to work with all the evidence and all the perspectives. Most probably town but I'm still paying attention.

Juchero: Hasn't really done much. Call it a gut read. He's too chill?

Sweethearts:

Sal: I just think he's tremendously genuine. He reminds me of Sam from Lord of the Rings. Sal, you're good people and I'm sending you good vibes.

But no, basically, I saw him reacting emotionally last night to what was going on with Quid/Bif and the whole fiasco and I buy that he was playing with the best intentions.

Monathin: Jumped in to try and save the day with the Bif/Quid fight. Got too worked up. Gave a genuine apology afterwards. You have all the right intentions Monathin! I salute you. (Same deal. Saw him get emotional.)

Chic: I would actually put Chic in my lowest tier of "Probably Town". But I do think she's probably town. And she also apologized for getting angry last night and, consequently, she belongs in this category. Chic, you called me friend exactly one time (I think in a semi-sarcastic way), and that makes you my only friend. Forever.

Probably ... Town?:

Everyone else.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Since I've already claimed, the dueling is flavor.

My ability is to delay a player's action resolution by one night.

MMT doesn't have anything to do with it apart from the fact that she was my target.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Since I've already claimed, the dueling is flavor.

My ability is to delay a player's action resolution by one night.

MMT doesn't have anything to do with it apart from the fact that she was my target.

Can you explain why she was your target?

Also, what would the danger have been of telling us your power last night? A one turn move delay isn't scary. It wouldn't have gotten you targeted. Do you think town could have given you a better guess at who to duel, if you'd chosen to confide in us? Wouldn't telling us have removed suspicion on you when Quid was pushing hard? What was your rationale?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

KhediveRex posted:

Can you explain why she was your target?

Also, what would the danger have been of telling us your power last night? A one turn move delay isn't scary. It wouldn't have gotten you targeted. Do you think town could have given you a better guess at who to duel, if you'd chosen to confide in us? Wouldn't telling us have removed suspicion on you when Quid was pushing hard? What was your rationale?

Ehhh I stand by my assertion that Quid's case was bullshit. It was largely based off him repeatedly saying that I knew Bif was town, when every post of mine regarding her alignment contained uncertainty. He also was only pushing players who went after him (Me and Bif), fluctuating between trying to convince Bif I was scum and truing to convince me Bif was scum. It was insane and annoying.

Why the hell would I claim D1? I wasn't under any substantial pressure. As for claiming now, it's to save us from a day spent speculating about my power, whether it's a scum or town ability, and because I feel a lot better about MMT for claiming to be the target of it.

Also, telegraphing my action is crazy. If I do pick scum, it helps them decide who does the NK etc. It doesn't help town at all.

As an aside, I'm not 100% on MMT. If she's scum, it could be useful for her to announce her action was delayed (proving she didn't do the NK at least) while trying to out a town power role. I just think it would have been better for scum to keep quiet, so I lean town on her.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Why the hell would I claim D1? I wasn't under any substantial pressure. As for claiming now, it's to save us from a day spent speculating about my power, whether it's a scum or town ability, and because I feel a lot better about MMT for claiming to be the target of it.

Also, telegraphing my action is crazy. If I do pick scum, it helps them decide who does the NK etc. It doesn't help town at all.

As an aside, I'm not 100% on MMT. If she's scum, it could be useful for her to announce her action was delayed (proving she didn't do the NK at least) while trying to out a town power role. I just think it would have been better for scum to keep quiet, so I lean town on her.

Alright, strategy wise that has merits and, anyway, to each their own. But why MMT? That still doesn't make sense to me.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Did she do something during the voting fiasco last night that made you suspicious? I don't remember her doing almost anything. And if that's the rationale, there were another four or five people you could have picked from who also weren't much active last night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

KhediveRex posted:

Did she do something during the voting fiasco last night that made you suspicious? I don't remember her doing almost anything. And if that's the rationale, there were another four or five people you could have picked from who also weren't much active last night.

No, it's just this general air of amicability that pings me. Like she's being overly friendly/conciliatory even when she's casing, and I'm more used to her (as town) pushing cases with a little more bite to them (whether they are good or bad).

Her response to the night action makes me lean town on her, though. Claiming it is (I think) bad scum play, and MMT's scum game is largely characterized by good plays. She also claimed it fairly early after the day started suggesting she didn't discuss outing it with her scum team. If she were scum, I think it would have been an important topic of conversation.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Also, I did pick her because she was mostly 7nder the radar. In my experience, players in that position are often chosen to perform the night kill.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Effortpost incoming!

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Juchero posted:

i'm sad i wasn't around for deadline, things got wild

i'll have some cases up by tomorrow, lot to re-read for day 1 but both these flips should shed some light on who we need to look at more closely

i would like juchero to elaborate on how either of those flips is gonna mean poo poo. ddi you just really want to make a post.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Also, I did pick her because she was mostly 7nder the radar. In my experience, players in that position are often chosen to perform the night kill.

This is the heart of what I'm not understanding. On a night where there was the threat of a cop being killed, you used your power to check out a gut read you developed long before any of the drama of day 1 came onto the scene.

If I had had your power I'd have dueled someone who was involved with the deadline last night. Someone who was engineering after Quid came out as Cop. Someone who disappeared after Quid came out as Cop. Someone involved with the situation who seemed to have an agenda. Someone who might have been involved with scum's reaction to a claimed cop.

You kept you're cool and hit the first person in the game you had been suspicious about. Like there were no more pressing issues to respond to. That's a strange reaction for town.

On the other side of things if you were running interference for a NK, anyone you felt like hitting would be equally valid.

... There's less mystery in imagining that your scum than in imagining that your town. Basically. But I'd love to hear your side of it.

Why was dueling MMT the best thing you could do to prevent the potential death of a cop?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lunchtime! Finally finished my look back at the Tired lunch train. If you don't wanna read all this crap, just skip to my next post where I will summarize my findings. But here's my work if you wanna check it.

T-60 minutes
Quid had not yet copclaimed, and is sitting at 5/8 votes. B- claims to believe that Quid is really just frustrated town, and throws a first vote on Tired for looking scummy the way he voted Quid then peaced out. (null read on this... before the cop claim, scum would have been more willing to throw votes around elsewhere for some townie cred when Quid flipped town)

KhediveRex claims to also believe Quid is town, but doesn't case anybody else. He's still got that jokevote sitting on himself. (maybe I should at least leave him in the "undecided" category instead of assuming that weird post made him totally townie...)

Prince unvotes from Chic, and answers her asking what people think about Tired. He doesn't seem to actually find Tired scummy, but would rather vote Tired over Quid. (hm, this is a bit hedgey? Could be scum who knows they're both town?)

T-48 minutes
Quid copclaims.
Gulag: "i wish yoju had said "i am cop" at a point where it was maybe possible to not kill you." (this could be a scumpost, trying to sell the narrative that it's not possible to move the vote even after the copclaim. I still see Gulag as posting pretty townie otherwise, but this is now a spot on his previously clean record)

KhediveRex reacts to the copclaim but doesn't move his vote off himself. (null read, just continues to be odd I guess)

Chic seemingly agrees at first that moving the vote off Quid doesn't seem possible.

B- expresses that it makes no sense to lynch a claimed cop, though.
Chic then says that if everyone around moved to Tired, it might work.

T-40 minutes
Chic cast the second vote on Tired after calling out for everyone to try and make the move:

Chic Trombone posted:

gently caress it i'll try for it ##vote tired mortiz

Chic Trombone posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Quidthulhu (5): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tired Moritz, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone
Tired Moritz (2): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, Chic Trombone
Bifauxnen (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, Quidthulhu, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, 50 pounds of bread, Monathin, Monathin, Quidthulhu
KhediveRex (1): Chic Trombone, KhediveRex, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Monathin
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Bifauxnen, 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Quidthulhu
Juchero (1): Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Murmur Twin
Prince of Space (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
b-minus1 (0): Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
50 pounds of bread (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
GulagDolls (0): 50 pounds of bread, Tobbs Gnawed, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed, 50 pounds of bread
SalTheBard (0): Prince of Space, Prince of Space
Monathin (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Chic Trombone (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Prince of Space, Prince of Space

Not Voting (3): Juchero, Prince of Space, SalTheBard

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 40 minutes.

T-40 Minutes
Right after this, Monathin made clear that he was still determined to vote Quid. (could always be scum not wanting to move, but his reasoning does sound sincere)

Prince inquired a bit as to why Tired in particular should be the new target. (null read - town players not already suss on Tired themselves would indeed want to think this over before moving blindly)

Sal claimed he wouldn't mind voting for TM instead of Quid, "if you think his cop claim is legit", but doesn't move his vote yet. (this move seems slightly scummy)

I cast the next vote for Tired: Tired now has 3/8 votes, while my vote removed from Quid leaves him at 4/8.

Gulag seemed to agree that Tired was worth voting for, but does not yet move his vote. Gulag sarcastically mentions plurality voting to underline how this plan is not likely to work. (this continues to look possibly scummy for Gulag, though a townie would also be concerned about a no-lunch)

Quid then re-emphasizes how he believes he's truly the best lunch for the day, basically giving scum his blessing and all the excuse they need to stay on him. Scum should be wanting to dig in and make sure the Quid lunch goes through at this point instead of letting Tired take the lead.

T-30 Minutes
Prince casts the next vote for Tired, he is now at 4/8, TIED with Quid. (wow this is a big point in Prince's favor actually)

Tired starts asking if he should claim, I say no cause I don't really think yet it's actually going to happen.

SalTheBard posted:

It's hard to take someone at face value claiming cop when they are about to be lynched. Honestly though this reminds me a lot of my last day of Shine where I was just loving annoyed.

##vote TM

Sal's vote puts Tired in the lead, 5/8 votes compared to Quid at 4/8. (although Sal had sounded very hedgy before, this does seem to be a quite townie move here to make Tired the vote leader)
Quid continues to insist he's the best dunk.

T-24 minutes
Tired claims as Saber the Strongman Vig, masoned with Chic.
Chic confirms the masonry, saying that TM's low activity there is also part of why she's suss on TM.

New votecount:

Chic Trombone posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (5): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, Chic Trombone, Bifauxnen, Prince of Space, SalTheBard
Quidthulhu (4): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tired Moritz, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone, Bifauxnen
Bifauxnen (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, Murmur Twin, KhediveRex, Quidthulhu, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, 50 pounds of bread, Monathin, Monathin, Quidthulhu
KhediveRex (1): Chic Trombone, KhediveRex, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Monathin
Tobbs Gnawed (1): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Bifauxnen, 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Quidthulhu
Juchero (1): Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Murmur Twin
GulagDolls (0): 50 pounds of bread, Tobbs Gnawed, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Tobbs Gnawed, 50 pounds of bread

Not Voting (1): Juchero

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 24 minutes.

T-22 minutes
Quid self-votes, making the votes tied again. Both Quid and TM are at 5/8.

Sal tells Quid to fight and not give up!

Gulag: "if youre actually cop you could re-enter with your results and just, not do what happened today, or else die in the night." (Despite Gulag being around and present and posting through this whole countdown, and sounding like he doesn't want to lunch a cop either, and claiming before to be fine with voting TM, Gulag still hasn't moved his vote to Tired even in the period where TM took the lead. Next he says, "i can't switch to TM because quid is self-voting. what a world" what does that even mean? Who says he can't vote TM? Bringing TM from 5/8 to 6/8 votes might likely convince Quid to stop self-voting, and that would get TM to 7/8 votes, and if someone can't hammer then, we wouldn't have done it for Quid either. Hm, maybe I should reread Gulag from scratch...)

T-17 minutes
Prince votes for... Tobbs?? Seeming to want to agree with Quid's case? (yeah I don't know what to make of this one)

KhediveRex casts a new vote for TM. Since Prince had just changed his vote, the votes remain tied at 5/8 each

Quid says he'd be down to vote Tobbs, but Sal tries to help talk Prince out of this. Gulag also reacts with confusion.

Prince claims he was trying to get Quid to engage, puts his vote back on TM. New total: Tired in the lead at 6/8, Quid at 5/8

T-12 minutes
New votecount: (btw, Chic continuing to provide these counts as all this poo poo's going down, helping to show that the Tired lunch is possible, counts as a townie point in her favor, imo)

Chic Trombone posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (6): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, Chic Trombone, Bifauxnen, Prince of Space, SalTheBard, Prince of Space, KhediveRex, Prince of Space
Quidthulhu (5): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tired Moritz, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone, Bifauxnen, Quidthulhu
KhediveRex (0): Chic Trombone, KhediveRex, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Monathin, KhediveRex
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Bifauxnen, 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Prince of Space, Prince of Space

Not Voting (1): Juchero

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 12 minutes.

T-11 minutes
Quid is STILL insisting that "TM should be given the chance to continue playing" though, still giving scum an excuse to stay on him.

Sal reacts to this by moving his vote back off Tired. Quid takes the lead again at 6/8, with TM at 5/8 (looks like a scummy move here but... if Sal is scum, why did he put Tired in the lead earlier? It's not like Quid wasn't making the exact same arguments before to still vote for him. Sal's reasoning could be sincere...)

Gulag tells Sal to switch his vote back to TM?! Sal unvotes in confusion. Gulag comes in with a new vote on TM. New total: TM in the lead again at 6/8, Quid at 4/8 (Maybe Gulag was just holding out till now since he knew he was around all till deadline, and could be the hammer vote on Tired once things were actually possible... and till then he'd stay on Quid so things didn't keep shuffling madly back and forth? ok I'm still gonna reread Gulag just in case, to be thorough, but my earlier fears are gone)

T-8 minutes
50lbs shows up to say "LITTLE GIRL! I WILL PROTECT!" but doesn't vote for nobody, his vote is still parked on me from ages ago ffs. (scummy scum scum scum scum)

New vote count:

Chic Trombone posted:

Votecount for Day 1

Tired Moritz (6): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, b-minus1, Chic Trombone, Bifauxnen, Prince of Space, SalTheBard, Prince of Space, KhediveRex, Prince of Space, SalTheBard, GulagDolls
Quidthulhu (4): Murmur Twin, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, GulagDolls, Quidthulhu, Juchero, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, GulagDolls, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tired Moritz, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Chic Trombone, Bifauxnen, Quidthulhu, SalTheBard, SalTheBard, GulagDolls
KhediveRex (0): Chic Trombone, KhediveRex, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Monathin, Chic Trombone, Monathin, KhediveRex
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen, Murmur Twin, Prince of Space, Prince of Space, Bifauxnen, 50 pounds of bread, 50 pounds of bread, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Prince of Space, Prince of Space

Not Voting (2): Juchero, SalTheBard

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. EST -- that's in about 7 minutes.

T-7 minutes

Monathin casts another vote for TM. TM now at 7/8 with Quid at 4/8 (helpful, but no longer worth townie points I don't think. With Quid dropped all the way down to 4/8, he was no longer the one to vote to avoid a no-lunch)

Quid drops the hammer just as Sal also moves his vote back. The deed is done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

FINDINGS:

Chic's casting a vote for TM doesn't look like a throwaway at a worthless cause for town cred after all. She continued to post updates to show the progress and seemed fully committed to seeing it through. Reading her as fairly townie for this.

KhediveRex also seems to have been helping.

Prince a bit hedgey? But he helped the Tired vote get off the ground. Still very undecided on him, but this helps me view him more favorably.

Sal looking not as bad as I originally thought. He often sounded hedgey, but he helped Tired take the lead at a critical point. He has been downgraded from "quite scummy" to "undecided" on my Lumpenlist!

Monathin still hard to gauge... his objection to moving his vote off Quid could be sincere.

Gulag scared me for a sec when I was re-reading this, and I'm gonna re-read him just to be careful, but seems to be a false alarm.

50lbs is super scum.

##vote 50lbs

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmm...I think the prince may be bad.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

I have been feeling that same way.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Prince of Space's Reaction List Day 2

50 pounds of bread - was unable to protect the little girl last night. What is he going to do about it? Still waiting on responses, Berserker. Currently scummy.
b-minus1 - suspects SaltheBard and Monathin for their votes on Quidthulhu, but it feels like they might just be throwing out hot-topic names out there. Null-to-scummy.
Bifauxnen - makes effortposts and pokes at people until they get upset. Acting very pro-town-oriented in that respect. Leaning town.
Chic Trombone - Added a lot of pressure in getting a lunch going on her mason buddy Tired Moritz Day 1. Null-to-scummy.
GulagDolls - Bloodthirsty and reactionary. Leaning town despite personal misgivings (I don't like your avatar's face).
Juchero - Is he coasting or is he afraid to be noticed? We're still waiting to hear more from Juchero. Leaning scum.
KhediveRex - After his "town slip" earlier, he has been helpful and wrote up a nice lumpenlist. Good guy.
Monathin - Posts sincerely, just got hung up on bad play and policy voting on Quidthulhu yesterday. Categorized as "I want to believe" town (the most dangerous kind of town).
Murmur Twin - Thinks oddly and makes strange cases. Might just be wrong about some things. Null read total.
Prince of Space - Null, self-read
Quidthulhu - Dead Town, Cop / Ilya
SalTheBard - Slightly lurky. Gets upset when poked. Would like to see his upcoming reads before passing too much judgement.
Tired Moritz - Dead Town, Day-Vigilante / Saber
Tobbs Gnawed - Assassin/duelist claim. Vouches for Murmur Twin and Bifauxnen. Leaning Town due to flavor claims.

e: Ah, I refreshed and I have much to read.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

GulagDolls posted:

Please explain how - you mean bad at playing bad, or bad alignment bad? Because I can agree to being the first one (at times), but I will fight with you over the second one.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I was hedgy because I believed both of their claims and didn't want to lose them.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i was going to quote your original list as similarly bad so thank you for providing a new one. actually i will.

Prince of Space posted:

Prince of Space's Day 1 reaction summaries
  • 50 pounds of bread - RPing a Berserker. Might try and kill some scum later, might miss and hurt somebody. Wildcard.
  • b-minus1 - lowest postcount for Day1, but seems willing to engage if called out. Will watch for contributions later.
  • Bifauxnen - highest postcount for Day1, seems to be pointing a lot of fingers but showing good scum-hunting efforts. Knows the lore/flavor. Leaning town.
  • Chic Trombone - reacted poorly/aggressively to being called a lurker, tried to disengage from joke phase. Leaning null-to-scummy right now.
  • GulagDolls - bloodlust early on for Quidthulhu made me skeptical, but bloodlust in general shows a willingness to hunt down scum. Leaning town.
  • Juchero - Voted for Quidthulhu early on with nothing but a bad GulagDoll haiku as reasoning. Suspicious - was he trying to start an early bandwagon? Leaning scummy currently.
  • KhediveRex - talks of loneliness and chess in a disconcerting way - at first mistaken to be flavor. Sudden avatar change (anti-Bifauxnen) and general demeanor (voting self) raises flags.
  • Monathin - seems hesitant to share and commit to decisions overmuch. Caused an interruption in the "potential turbo" of Quidthulhu early on Day 1. Null read/watching for contributions.
  • Murmur Twin - seems willing to share thoughts and throw out accusations on gut reads. Pot-stirrer, but maybe also throwing spaghetti at the wall to see what will stick. I want to lean town but it's too early on.
  • Prince of Space - Null, selfread, new to non-Soldiers mafia.
  • Quidthulhu - Seems like a popular guy that people want out of the game for meta reasons. Argumentative in sometimes roundabout or unhelpful ways. Willing to give him a pass for Day 1 because they were lynched early on as scum in their last mafia game, Shine V.
  • SalTheBard - Came out of the woodwork to talk to me about DBZ Mafia and how the roles in that game didn't indicate alignment. Nice guy, from what I gathered from Shine V. Would still vote for the lack of content in his posts.
  • Tired Moritz - Our "Best Girl" needs to step up her game.
  • Tobbs Gnawed - Threw out a lot of vote pressure Day 1 and started out with a Miller claim. Seems like trouble and a rabble-rouser, but in Mafia that can be a useful tool for finding scum. Null/paying attention.

in summation
-nothing
-nothing
-knows the lo-....ok <_<
-scummy for trying to get out of jokephase??
- i'm town for no reason
- scummy for NOT getting out jokephase
-/????????
-nothing
-nothing
-nothing
-scum 4 no content
-nothing
-nothing

at best there is no point to these lists and at worse you are trying to fake reactions. i dont even understand 1/3 of these.

d2 is the same thing. i still don't get why i'm town.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

why are you so hung up on me not liking jokephase

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Prince of Space posted:

Well, before the Texas/Mexico meta chat goes away, I'm think I'm gonna throw down a ##vote Tobbs Gnawed because I never got to punch him in the Soldiers game.

This feels to me like soft bussing. Obviously there was still a lot of Shine V meta discussion going on, but to vote for him just seems weird to me.

Prince of Space posted:

Fine then -
##unvote
Consider yourself un-punched, Tobbs. All's well! :wave:

And then look just like that he removes his vote. He was told to "watch out! because 14 votes don't leave room for error!"

Prince of Space posted:

I also don't have a clue what's going on in regard to the source material, so please don't expect any roleplay from me on this one! :nyoron:

Prince of Space posted:

Doesn't Rider normally want to protect Shinji? I thought Shinji and Rider had a Master/Servant relationship.

Prince of Space posted:

I do feel like people who know the source material have a leg up on what to expect in this game.

What's so wrong with Quidthulhu wanting to know more about the subject?

I mean, aside from the whole anime aspect-

Flavor discussion that seems out of place due to waffling between not knowing, and knowing the flavor. After this he engages me in conversation about DBZ mafia. There is a lot of posts from Prince that have nothing to do with the actual game. After this we get into a weird back and forth regarding Haikus. I won't bother posting it all but Princes vote flows freely from Gulag to Juchero, then proceeds to unvote Juchero.

Prince of Space posted:

Don't die, jokephase! We need our people to live, and to not be killed! After all...

Tries to keep jokephase going to prevent actual game chat from starting.

Prince of Space posted:

I was just wondering what Chic Trombone's thoughts were on anime, video games, and erotic novels.

-Or B-minus1's, for that matter.

I feel like pushing a lynch on lurkers (considering that we were still in D1 and shortly out of jokephase) I think calling out Lurkers is incredibly scummy.

Prince of Space posted:

So are you suggesting that it's the NORM for Servant/Master pairs to be in a masonry this game? This is very troubling... such Role Madness indeed!

Not to try and rolefish here, but didn't Tired Moritz early on say that he was "best girl?" Does that mean Tired Moritz and 50 pounds of bread might be in a mason-buddy-alliance?

I know that Prince is new(?) but these types of comments seem to have someone feeding them to him. Maybe it's his masonry buddy, maybe it's scumbro, who the gently caress knows but these are not comments that I would expect to see from a new player.

Prince of Space posted:

I think that the four most "serious" posters in this game (Quidthulhu, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Bifauxnen) should be left alone for today. They've been posting enough semi-productive stuff that they can be caught by it later.

Personally I think scum is sitting back day 1, lurking and waiting to see where the town's pendulum is swinging before deadline hits.

Again these seem like comments fed from a masonry or scumdoc. I think it's safe to assume that Tobbs, MT or Bif is scum. I'm leaning most towards TG but that is neither here nor there.

Prince of Space posted:

Quidthulhu posted:

You don't think any of my points on Tobbs are valid? Have you read them?

Whatever happened to the time when you thought Tobbs Gnawed was being a sincere lil cutie?

Quidthulhu posted:

See Bif, look at this sincere lil cutie :3:

Quidthulhu, admit it, you're only suspicious of Tobbs Gnawed because he's siding with Bifauxnen and GulagDolls in voting for you.

If (for some silly reason) I was only looking at Quidthulhu, Bifauxnen, Tobbs Gnawed, and Murmur Twin, I would say that of those four, Tobbs Gnawed is the most suspect due to all his frequent vote changes onto the vote leaders.

Totally just blows off Quids case of TG. Also Quid called Tobbs a "cutie" during Jokephase when everything was going nuts. I don't think a flip in attitude like that is off base. But if TG is scum this is scum protecting scum.

Now this sequence is loving strange:
Calls me out for being a lurker (when I wasn't lurking at all, but actively had posted throughout D1) and votes for me
When I respond he changes his vote to Chic Trombone
But then changes his vote again after Chic proposes that TM is scum
But THEN with 31 minutes left before lynch votes for TG?! What the gently caress. It's almost like he was trying to force a no lynch, when called out on it by Gulag Prince says:

Prince of Space posted:

I have no clue ! I don't want a no-lynch either!

Well then why the gently caress would you vote a 3rd part when we have 31 minutes left to lynch and the only two people with any sort of vote on them are TM and Quid at that point?

Finally settles on voting TM

This is all just Day 1. Prince I'm sure people are happy to have new blood. I have never played scum so I always feel at a disadvantage when I ask myself "Does this seem like something I would do?" I feel like you are newbie scum trying to pretend to be newbie town and it's just not working for me. ##Vote Prince of Space

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

also knowing the flavor of a game will literally never impact whether someone is scum or town so idk why that's a point on your list

i mean i'm pretty solid in my bif as town read but that's just nonsensical tbh

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

GulagDolls posted:

d2 is the same thing. i still don't get why i'm town.

Would you rather I think you're scum? I can reread your posts as if you're scum and come back with plenty of reasons to vote for you, if you'd prefer.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm glad that others are kind of feeling the same way I am and that I'm not crazy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

hmmm well sal's post didn't make much sense to me and he might be crazy.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

Would you rather I think you're scum? I can reread your posts as if you're scum and come back with plenty of reasons to vote for you, if you'd prefer.

i would rather you provide actual reasoning either way

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

hmmm well sal's post didn't make much sense to me and he might be crazy.

What can I clarify for you? (This is a serious post)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

is lumpenlisting the big Thing now btw

i feel like a mafia oldtimer

in my day we made fun of his lists *shakes cane*

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

i'd actually like you to expand your read of me, Prince. why do you think me pushing someone i thought was scum is scummy, seemingly only bc they were my mason buddy?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

is lumpenlisting the big Thing now btw

i feel like a mafia oldtimer

in my day we made fun of his lists *shakes cane*

i looked myself up on votefinder and my first game was in 2011

my god, i am a mafia oldtimer (i was 18 holy poo poo)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

quote:

There is a lot of posts from Prince that have nothing to do with the actual game.

this is true

quote:

Tries to keep jokephase going to prevent actual game chat from starting.

i disagree with the implication that scum would just be going "hey nobody start playing"

quote:

I know that Prince is new(?) but these types of comments seem to have someone feeding them to him. Maybe it's his masonry buddy, maybe it's scumbro, who the gently caress knows but these are not comments that I would expect to see from a new player.

why, because it has the word rolefishing in it?

quote:

Again these seem like comments fed from a masonry or scumdoc. I think it's safe to assume that Tobbs, MT or Bif is scum. I'm leaning most towards TG but that is neither here nor there.
masonry OR a scumdoc is a big disctinction. moreover, i don't really feel like people 'feeding' new players things to say is actually a thing that happens. i've never seen it. I'm more interested in why you think it's safe to assume that regarding tobbs/mt/bif.

i don't see a scum motivation for changing votes like that near deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

SalTheBard posted:

Well then why the gently caress would you vote a 3rd part when we have 31 minutes left to lynch and the only two people with any sort of vote on them are TM and Quid at that point?

You're getting a little overheated over a game of mafia here. I took my vote off of Tired Moritz for a minute back there, because I believed in him and I believed Quid and I didn't want either of them to get lunched. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. I would much rather have "the duelist" be removed from town play than "the cop" or "the strongman vigilante."

You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and I think that's because you're scum, SaltheBard.

You're not so new at this game that you'd never have had a scum role, not by now. This must be your first scum-game!

##vote SaltheBard

• Locked thread