Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

gently caress. Forgot that tickets went on sale today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
poo poo sold out in 20 mins.

https://www.f4wonline.com/japan/njpw-strong-style-evolved-tickets-sell-out-within-20-minutes-250781

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Watching New Japan and WWE ppvs on the same weekend really made me appreciate how much less bickering there is at the new japan announce desk. It makes it much more pleasant to listen to.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

They sold more tickets than they did for both nights of the G1 Special in way less than half the time. Like way less than half the time, with WM being like two weeks away and close to clear across the country as a thing to contend with.

Not bad.

Kinda crazy that they're running a big US show and their major spring show literally on back to back Sundays. And a Korakuen show the Friday in-between.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Wow, maybe we can do a building with 6,000 people next year!" - New Japan officials, probably.

Incessant Excess posted:

Watching New Japan and WWE ppvs on the same weekend really made me appreciate how much less bickering there is at the new japan announce desk. It makes it much more pleasant to listen to.

Well come on, how can you expect anybody to bicker on the DONAVERSARY?!

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Don screaming at Kevin "WHY DID YOU GIVE HIM THE CHAIR?!" was pretty great. Also Kevin's call of "YOU SON OF A BITCH -- PRICK"

No wonder Taka only knows American swear words, he hung out with these two chucklefucks when he was in the USA in the 90s

That said, this beats all the English announcing

what a loving goofball. best wrestler in the world, folks

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
It's like he's never worn a headset before.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/877827873192726529

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is adorable :3:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q08Ik2tiE2k

The last few minutes :allears:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Came here to post that. Looks like Elite/Ibushi vs Bullet Club might be coming soon.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really love the backstage interview with the Bullet Club. Marty trying to go "WHAT THE HELL" at Cody and Cody just running him over before Marty can reveal Cody's betrayal to play a shoulder for the Bucks to cry on. What a slimy fucker. :allears:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

that ending is amazing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bucks flipping for Omega is a statement of loyalty. That'll probably keep the Tongans loosely allied to them. Elite gotta rack up some wins otherwise expect Bucks to jump to Cody's side. The All In thing has them all awkward.

or its all a big work to get to Cody vs Omega at All In but this is more fun, honestly.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

coconono posted:

Bucks flipping for Omega is a statement of loyalty. That'll probably keep the Tongans loosely allied to them. Elite gotta rack up some wins otherwise expect Bucks to jump to Cody's side. The All In thing has them all awkward.

or its all a big work to get to Cody vs Omega at All In but this is more fun, honestly.

I’m sure they all are actual colleagues and friends outside of business but yeah I’m also guessing this leads to Kenny vs Cody at All In, barring New Japan doing it first.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cody Rhodes is a well-adjusted young man.

(I wanna make a collage of all the times he's looked crazy, but I don't think there's enough room on my computer)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tweak posted:

that ending is amazing

Seriously, that was incredible.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

pretty ambitious stuff there by the boys

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

https://streamable.com/wk1pa

CHAOS have always been the goofiest dudes. I'm sure this isn't the only time Okada has sprayed someone with water giggling "Rainmaker"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

I really love the backstage interview with the Bullet Club. Marty trying to go "WHAT THE HELL" at Cody and Cody just running him over before Marty can reveal Cody's betrayal to play a shoulder for the Bucks to cry on. What a slimy fucker. :allears:

speaking of backstage interviews and slimy fuckers, I enjoyed the knife pervert trying to turn Roppongi 3K against Okada

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/shupromobile/status/958184089156124672

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

As a note those are like $12-$14 shipped from Amazon Japan with global priority. I mean it’s not cheap per se, but if you ever wanted one it’s not that crazy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So wait, the Bucks definitively sided with Omega after the in-ring stuff?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

no

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So wait, the Bucks definitively sided with Omega after the in-ring stuff?

Its not definite, but they're at least not actively murdering Kenny and Kota. Unless that's what the BTE just ended on.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wrestling photography is a lost art in America so I'm really happy Japan is keeping it alive and well. That's a great magazine cover.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I bought the WK12 special edition of Weekly Pro Wrestling. There really are some amazing photos in there, but also some terrible ones taken by Chris Jericho

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Benne posted:

Wrestling photography is a lost art in America so I'm really happy Japan is keeping it alive and well. That's a great magazine cover.

We did get this cool photo at least :shobon:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Baron Corbyn posted:

I bought the WK12 special edition of Weekly Pro Wrestling. There really are some amazing photos in there, but also some terrible ones taken by Chris Jericho

I'd love to see the Jericho ones. That spot with him flipping the bird and taking photos of it was great.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think next time New Japan runs a US show they should aim for a 8-10 thousand seat building

cams
Mar 28, 2003

at the end of being the elite which i watched for the first time, they invited kenny and ibushi into their room for what i can only assume was a makeout party

edit: i didn't load the other posts, this conversation continued

got tickets for the long beach show. gonna be a hoot, hope to god the main event isn't kenny/cody

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

I like how 2 Japanese people winning 2 Royal Rumbles only merits top-line coverage on the front page of the leading wrestling magazine in Japan.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dsriggs posted:

I like how 2 Japanese people winning 2 Royal Rumbles only merits top-line coverage on the front page of the leading wrestling magazine in Japan.

I suspect that may have been influenced by print deadlines.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
I suspect happenings in Japan are a bigger deal to a Japanese magazine than anything going on in WWE, regardless of who's involved.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

dsriggs posted:

As mentioned I guarantee it’s because it came in right before they went to press. That publication has done cover stories on both Asuka and Nakamura going to/being in WWE. It’s not priorities, it’s gotta be the deadlines.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, they probably didn't have time to do a full feature for the current issue.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So this Omega angle is leading to a romance right? Because I'm really hoping it will. If that is what they did, would Japan be cool with it? I don't know much about how their culture deals with same-sex couples.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Spikeguy posted:

So this Omega angle is leading to a romance right? Because I'm really hoping it will. If that is what they did, would Japan be cool with it? I don't know much about how their culture deals with same-sex couples.

People who actually live there can fill in the details but LGBTQ media is kinda weird there. Straight up romance is rare but their tv is littered with lots of implied same-sex romance references.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I'd love to see the Jericho ones. That spot with him flipping the bird and taking photos of it was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
No caveat needed, those are legit great action shots