Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Is the CoO expansion worth the money?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

eh. not really. it's a couple of extra story missions, a new tiny area (so small they won't even let you pull up your bike), and a bunch of extra guns. probably better to wait for a bundle/goty edition than to buy it individually.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
You forgot the amazing weapon crafting quest. Totally worth it.

Is disassembling masterworks the only way to get masterwork cores?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

orcane posted:

Paradox mirrors and blooms weren't too bad. Radiolarian cultures on the otherhand...

quote:

Yup.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

orcane posted:

Yes

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lame.

Well, I took apart the lovely ones I was never going to use. One gave 3 cores the others 1 each, 8/10 welp :v:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

masterwork armor should provide more cores at least.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Dietrich posted:

masterwork armor should provide more cores at least.

im hoping they up the drop rate for it.

otherwise im still in love with the raid pulse and range mw, really a sleeper gun.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I didn't do any raids or nightfall strikes yet so I don't have any fancy stuff, but I'm extremely happy I got a masterwork Nameless Midnight from some vuvuzela engram last night.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whomever geekboi is from 2 chill 2 serious: Sorry about the rectal exam last night.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

No.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Burning_Monk posted:

More so than the money, the game isn't really worth your time right now. Wait until the next expansion rolls around and see if the game has been brought back from the dead.

Carew
Jun 22, 2006

Burning_Monk posted:

It has a pathetic amount of content

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Communist Walrus posted:

More so than the money, the game isn't really worth your time right now. Wait until the next expansion rolls around and see if the game has been brought back from the dead.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I've been flirting with Warframes sweet embrace one again until further notice on this game.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Burning_Monk posted:

The new planet is about the size of a walmart and the new raid is two loving fights.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Silhouette Wires posted:

I've been flirting with Warframes sweet embrace one again until further notice on this game.

I've been feeling like I should do this too

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The great thing about modern gaming is that there's literally an unending stream of decent to great games constantly releasing.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

1stGear posted:

The great thing about modern gaming is that there's literally an unending stream of decent to great games constantly releasing.

Yep, and a huge backlog of games you meant to play but never got around to trying. No reason to plow time into an unrewarding game.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I've been feeling like I should do this too
Warframe is cool and good

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
ive been backing off d2 a bit and into the division oddly.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

theultimo posted:

ive been backing off d2 a bit and into the division oddly.

That's not odd that's actually pretty normal right now

The division suckers you into trying to get more loot via its psychology, not loot boxes. It's still not healthy because all rng loot games are a bit problematic tbqh, but it's a much more pleasant gaming experience.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Elysiume posted:

Warframe is cool and good

Actually it's lame and bad. Unlike Destiny 2, which has no content and is very unrewarding, Warframe has a ton of content that's still unrewarding and uninteresting. They also actively discourage you from trying to actually play the game. Really it's just more of the same. And the same is wet farts.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Wet farts are actually good

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
All you idiots who think you're entitled to dry farts are morons.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Nuebot posted:

Actually it's lame and bad. Unlike Destiny 2, which has no content and is very unrewarding, Warframe has a ton of content that's still unrewarding and uninteresting. They also actively discourage you from trying to actually play the game. Really it's just more of the same. And the same is wet farts.

i dont think we're playing the same warframe

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Hell yeah Warframe!!! What A Really loving Retarded And Moronic Experience.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
please don't boot me from the PC clan because I will be back but Monster Hunter World is an amazing game and you should all buy it, if not just to support a game with no mtx

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Warframe is more like Diablo 3 than Destiny 2, it’s good but it’s not grabbing me because I already am into both of those games

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Every video game is actually bad

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's apparently written into the fabric of the universe that only one of Destiny and The Division can actually be good at a time.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's not odd that's actually pretty normal right now

The division suckers you into trying to get more loot via its psychology, not loot boxes. It's still not healthy because all rng loot games are a bit problematic tbqh, but it's a much more pleasant gaming experience.

I play both games because I enjoy the shooting in both but The Division has been consistently less frustrating with loot--and playing with different skills/loadouts.

I really like Destiny 2 and got my moneys worth but cut it out with all the loving gemini jesters holy shiiiit

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

please don't boot me from the PC clan because I will be back but Monster Hunter World is an amazing game and you should all buy it, if not just to support a game with no mtx

:lol:

no

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

It's apparently written into the fabric of the universe that only one of Destiny and The Division can actually be good at a time.

This man speaks real truths, I've been dumping my video game time into The Division for the last couple weeks and it's a solid game in a really good place. Could definitely use some more PC goons though because while the discord has a core group of solid regulars and it's always cool to have more people to play murder hobo glamour simulator with.

Also I want people to PvP with me in the DZ and most of the regular dudes are not interested.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
This game would benefit tremendously from having it's PvE operating cross-platform.

I mean, there's a list of about a hundred things this game needs in order to not die, but still, having the PvE not feel completely dead on one platform would be a great start

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s funny when people post good ideas for Destiny 2 and we all collectively roll our eyes and go “yeah but let’s get this poo poo, like, working first dude”

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Love me some Reddit "mockups" of revamped game systems

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tei dev wishlist or gtfo

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm a big fan of this game, time to do some free labor and give ideas to devs who coddled to publishers to make big bucks in a short time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Iron Banner is up today, my salty goon friends.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 30, 2018

• Locked thread