Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Sal, I like you showing your work here as you take a critical eye to Prince, but this part seems odd to me:

SalTheBard posted:

Again these seem like comments fed from a masonry or scumdoc. I think it's safe to assume that Tobbs, MT or Bif is scum. I'm leaning most towards TG but that is neither here nor there.

Why are you saying that one of us 3 has to be scum? The way you worded this seems to imply some causal relationship like, some active poster has to be feeding Prince these ideas, and Prince has to be scum, so one of us is scum? Is that right?

I mean, I was looking at Tobbs as possibly scummy for his post-hammer shenanigans, and looking at MT as scummy for her reads seeming off, but these are individual cases based on their individual posts, not a theory based off their relation to some other player who's still unflipped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Sal, I like you showing your work here as you take a critical eye to Prince, but this part seems odd to me:

Why are you saying that one of us 3 has to be scum? The way you worded this seems to imply some causal relationship like, some active poster has to be feeding Prince these ideas, and Prince has to be scum, so one of us is scum? Is that right?

I mean, I was looking at Tobbs as possibly scummy for his post-hammer shenanigans, and looking at MT as scummy for her reads seeming off, but these are individual cases based on their individual posts, not a theory based off their relation to some other player who's still unflipped.

agreed, that is an odd assumption to make

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

GulagDolls posted:

this is true

i disagree with the implication that scum would just be going "hey nobody start playing"

why, because it has the word rolefishing in it?

masonry OR a scumdoc is a big disctinction. moreover, i don't really feel like people 'feeding' new players things to say is actually a thing that happens. i've never seen it. I'm more interested in why you think it's safe to assume that regarding tobbs/mt/bif.

i don't see a scum motivation for changing votes like that near deadline

So feeding probably wasn't the best descriptor but "helping" formulate posts. I've always thought one of the benefits to having access to scumdoc is to say "Hey this is what I think, what is an ok way to phrase this?"

Prince of Space posted:

You're getting a little overheated over a game of mafia here. I took my vote off of Tired Moritz for a minute back there, because I believed in him and I believed Quid and I didn't want either of them to get lunched. I don't see why that's so hard to understand. I would much rather have "the duelist" be removed from town play than "the cop" or "the strongman vigilante."

You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill, and I think that's because you're scum, SaltheBard.

You're not so new at this game that you'd never have had a scum role, not by now. This must be your first scum-game!

##vote SaltheBard

I actually haven't played Scum yet outside of 1 weird game where I wasn't privy to the scum doc (It was Death Note and I was Kira). Pretty much everyone thats played with me in any game can confirm I've never played scum. Also I swear a lot so saying gently caress isn't really me getting over heated at all, but thanks for that assessment!

Bifauxnen posted:

Tobbs is leaning scum for me, You are leaning town and MMT is neutral for me. I tunneled on her before so I'm going to keep my eyes open this game and look at all angles.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
GulagDolls - you seem to be aggressively pursuing town's interests by trying to mix people up, demanding answers for odd behaviors. I'm fine with that brutal level of logic - it shows you're following the thread and trying to trip people up. You heavily disliked Quidthulhu from the outset, which is a point against you. You were the first person to confirm KhediveRex as a townie, however, which is a null tell in the end. I'll put you in the "want to believe" section of town.

Chic Trombone - I'm leaning null-to-scummy on you, which hasn't really changed since earlier in Day 1. Voting out your town mason buddy Tired Moritz didn't heighten or lower my suspicions on you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

Tobbs is leaning scum for me, You are leaning town and MMT is neutral for me. I tunneled on her before so I'm going to keep my eyes open this game and look at all angles.

Ok, that's nice to know your individual reads, but doesn't quite answer my question: what do you mean about assuming one of me, MT, and Tobbs must be scum? Why are we grouped like that, that you think there has to be a scum in this group of 3?

btw big fuckin hi-five, swears-a-lot buddy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok, that's nice to know your individual reads, but doesn't quite answer my question: what do you mean about assuming one of me, MT, and Tobbs must be scum? Why are we grouped like that, that you think there has to be a scum in this group of 3?

btw big fuckin hi-five, swears-a-lot buddy

OOOO. I'm sorry, you 3 just happened to be 3 people listed in one of Princes posts, I didn't mean to imply there was any sort of casual relationship between the 3 of you.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

GRAAAAGGGHHH NOOOOOOOOOOO!

BERZERKER ANGRY... BERZERKER NOT PROTECT LITTLE GIRL...

BERZERKER NOT ABLE...

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Prince of Space posted:

Chic Trombone - I'm leaning null-to-scummy on you, which hasn't really changed since earlier in Day 1. Voting out your town mason buddy Tired Moritz didn't heighten or lower my suspicions on you.

yes, but why is what i'm getting at

i'm looking at your list and it's a lot of "well, maybe"s - and i get that this is like, your second game, but i'm not seeing a lot of reasoning behind your reads and you're gonna need to show your work

mafia edit:

50 pounds of bread posted:

BERZERKER NOT ABLE...

ssssoooooo are you gonna participate at all, orrrrrrrr

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

OOOO. I'm sorry, you 3 just happened to be 3 people listed in one of Princes posts, I didn't mean to imply there was any sort of casual relationship between the 3 of you.

I found the post from Prince. He was pointing out that we shouldn't lynch any of the top 4 posters who are Quid (RIP), Bif, MMT and Tobbs. It makes sense to me that at least one of the high volume posters is scum

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

y'know what at this point i'm not sure i even care, you've been so useless ##vote fiddy

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

SalTheBard posted:

B-Minus You weren't in my thread for Shine so I understand your reasoning here. On the last day of the game it came down to final scum as either YPM or Myself. I was town and YPM and others were hunting me down. I was stressing out due to work and generally having a bad day. My posting was really toxic and I could tell that I was ruining the game for others. I was pleading with people to vote me out because I was so miserable. I was doing all the same things that Quid was, self voting, lots of angry posts etc. TM was someone who actually wanted to play so I wanted to keep my vote on Quid. I was worried about a no-lynch as well as some peer pressure from GD so I swapped. Thats it.
Ok. I don't like it at all, but I suppose I see where you were coming from.

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm not a fan at all of b- focusing on the fact that I thought Juch was 3P hunting when the main meat of my case was that he's doing the classic scum "get overwhelmed by game, make excuses instead of cases". He literally acknowledges the point I'm trying to make, and then ignores it when he goes back to case me later.

What's suspicious about a jokevote or making an early case on someone D1? Also, I feel like it's disingenuous to say "I parked by vote on Juchero for the remainder of the day". I made a case, he did nothing to prove me wrong, and when I went to sleep the only vote leader was Quid, who I thought was town.

b-: what's your opinion of Juchero?

Juchero's definitely lurking way more than anyone except maybe 50, but I think his contributions, especially as they relate to flavor, have been useful. Definitely needs to post more though. Actually, I would like to know both 50 and Juchero's take on the activity near deadline. Juchero was absent and didn't vote before he left, and 50 showed up but didn't bother to vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

BERZERKER NOT ABLE...

just lol ##vote 50 pounds

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

WHAT WANT FROM BERZERKER.

BERZERKER TELL YOU LITTLE GIRL CONFIRM PURE HEART.

IT KNOWN TO BERZERKER SO HE SPEAK IT

TRY PROTECT LITTLE GIRL BY MAKING THINK I COULD STOP BAD ONES.

HAVE NOT POWER TO STOP BAD ONES.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I found the post from Prince. He was pointing out that we shouldn't lynch any of the top 4 posters who are Quid (RIP), Bif, MMT and Tobbs. It makes sense to me that at least one of the high volume posters is scum

ah, like a Mills trio, I get it

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

WHAT WANT FROM BERZERKER.

BERZERKER TELL YOU LITTLE GIRL CONFIRM PURE HEART.

IT KNOWN TO BERZERKER SO HE SPEAK IT

TRY PROTECT LITTLE GIRL BY MAKING THINK I COULD STOP BAD ONES.

HAVE NOT POWER TO STOP BAD ONES.

who are the bad guys fifty.

give me names.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i'd rather not vote a man just for his berserking nature

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER WANTED SACRIFICE SELF FOR LITTLE GIRL

BAD ONES NOT FALL FOR BERZERKER MIND THOUGHT

THINKING HARD FOR BERZERKER

BAD ONES SEE BERZERKER NO TALK GOOD

THINK BERZERKER EASY TEAM UP

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BERZERKER WANTED SACRIFICE SELF FOR LITTLE GIRL

BAD ONES NOT FALL FOR BERZERKER MIND THOUGHT

THINKING HARD FOR BERZERKER

BAD ONES SEE BERZERKER NO TALK GOOD

THINK BERZERKER EASY TEAM UP

I concur

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

who are the bad guys fifty.

give me names.

BAD ONES MAKE EASY TEAM UP ON BERZERKER

SMART GOOD ONES NEED LOOK THERE

AVENGE LITTLE GIRL

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

it burns my britches not to dunk someone acting this uselessly, especially immediately after fifty rode being useless to a scum victory in the last game i played with them

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

GulagDolls posted:

what about his not give any dang reads all day or cast a vote at all at deadline nature

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
##vote 50poundsofbread

You were at the top of my list anyway but, consider this a pressure vote.

I would really like to know what happened last night. Can you explain?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

it burns my britches not to dunk someone acting this uselessly, especially immediately after fifty rode being useless to a scum victory in the last game i played with them

uh, i was amazing that game.

BERZERKER TRIED HELP KILL ARTHUR BECAUSE NOT LITTLE GIRL

BERZERKER TOO LATE ARTHUR DEAD WHEN BERZERKER GET THERE

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

KhediveRex posted:

##vote 50poundsofbread

You were at the top of my list anyway but, consider this a pressure vote.

I would really like to know what happened last night. Can you explain?

BERZERKER TRY GET BAD ONES GET HIM INSTEAD

WANTED BAD ONES THINK GOOD PROTECTOR

NOT GOOD PROTECTOR

BERZERKER FAIL

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

uh, i was amazing that game.

fist status: shaken

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

LITTLE GIRL KNOW BERZERKER GOOD

LISTEN TO LITTLE GIRL

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

she's not saying a whole lot.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

SHE SAY BERZERKER GOOD BEFORE BAD ONES GET HER

LITTLE GIRL KNOW

BERZERKER NOT UNDERSTOOD

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think I figured it out.

50 isolated this part of Bif's post:

Bifauxnen posted:

Berserker and Ilya

when he posted this:

LITTLE GIRL...

MUST... PROTECT...

first post today:

BERZERKER NOT ABLE...

what do you have to say, 50?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm going to assume by the way Fiddy is talking that he may or may not have been attempting to Bodyguard Quid for the NK and got roleblocked.

Fiddy gimme one GRAAAAAGH for yes, too HRAAAAAAGH for no.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

BERZERKER TELL LITTLE GIRL CONFIRM PURE HEART

LITTLE GIRL NO NEED SAY POWER BUT DID

BERZERKER TRY MAKE BAD ONES THINK BERZERKER CAN PROTECT SO BAD ONES GET BERZERKER INSTEAD

BERZERKER POWERFUL BUT LITTLE GIRL MORE IMPORTANT

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

can you tell ME what you figured out, bminus

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Monathin posted:

I'm going to assume by the way Fiddy is talking that he may or may not have been attempting to Bodyguard Quid for the NK and got roleblocked.

Fiddy gimme one GRAAAAAGH for yes, too HRAAAAAAGH for no.

HRAAAAAGH...

BERZERKER STRONG BUT BAD PROTECTOR

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

That actually does clear things up a little bit more for me, thank you Fiddy. We will try and avenge the little girl.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I actually kinda like the gambit 50's claiming to have attempted here...

BERZERKER TRIED HELP KILL ARTHUR BECAUSE NOT LITTLE GIRL

BERZERKER TOO LATE ARTHUR DEAD WHEN BERZERKER GET THERE

...but why didn't you vote when you showed up?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

HRAAAAAGH...

BERZERKER STRONG BUT BAD PROTECTOR

ok.

##unvote

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I actually kinda like the gambit 50's claiming to have attempted here...

...but why didn't you vote when you showed up?

BERZERKER WAS WAITING SEE WHAT SHOULD DO

MISSED TIME VOTE BE USEFUL

RED LIGHT OF GODS ONLY LAST SHORT TIME

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Okay, aside from SaltheBard's other reads we're still waiting to hear more from Juchero.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmmmmmm..... I'm not sure I like this yet but ##unvote till Juch shows up so we can prolly pile on him instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

also, who are the bad guys we should be FIGHTING and DESTROYING to avenge the little girl?! :v:

• Locked thread