Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

At your current rep, the negotiation roll would be a 1d8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Look, I said I rolled a three and Orokos doesn't want to make a liar out of me.

Scavenger Camp: 1d8 3

:colbert:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 1 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA]

Cryo stumbled and looked up at the unusually docile mutants. Well, that would probably be Stev's doing. With a neutral encounter and a fresh medikit, she started to allow herself to believe that she just might survive this.

Any hope was crushed as the Behemoth stomped over the horizon and squatted down to deliver a barrage. It wouldn't be as bad as taking a direct blast, but an indirect shelling would kill her just as dead in her current fragile state. She tossed Stev the scoped Stinger in the hopes that he might manage to disable the rig before it could fire, shouted a warning to her new mutant neighbors, and began scraping out a meager foxhole.

Toss Stev the scoped Stinger and take cover

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͍͍͓̫͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘E̷͉͚̭͓̜̞̿̂ͣͪ̒

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 6/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 005 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Hazmat Gear, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Kal Risso hiked up the switchback until he found himself in the camp of the Wildcat Fracker. Finding the campsite initially deserted, Kal hollered and banged empty two metal container lids together until the owner of the place came storming out from the icy depths of his mine. The strange cyborg was acting incredibly possessive of one particular region of his camp. That's when Kal figured it out - there was probably something valuable here.

Wildcat Fracker posted:

This here's my claim, y'hear?
Relax, Fracker, I'm not here for your goods. I'm here to warn you. Something big, long, and fearsome might be headed this way: A Meth-Maw. Take a look here-

Kal Risso lifted his rifle's viewfinder to the Fracker's eye, giving him a full view of the Meth-Maw thrashing about and venting itself somewhere in the distant mountains. Kal took the scope back, slotted it back into place on his DPM Rifle, aimed, and fired in the direction of the beast.

Shooting the Meth-Maw in 14.03: 1d8 7

Well if it wasn't coming here before, it might be coming here now. Be on the lookout for icequakes, my good cyborg/man!

With that, Kal Risso left in a hurry.

[Skirmisher] 13.03 -> 14.04

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 8 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

"Hey, ugly! Catch me if you can!"

squidpack to 02:07, reload squidpack with luxe

Wish list:An IFF authenticator would be aces.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jan 29, 2018

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

[Frau Freiheit / HP:3 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: Quadlegs]
Frau heard a small ding and checked her wreckterminal, a generous sponsor had seen fit to raid the retirement fund in order to send her a shiny new weapon!
Thank you Hideous Dynamics!
With the prospect of a new gun and the camp receiving her noticeably more friendly, Frau decided to see if she could convince them to part with a copy of their records now.

Negotiate for camp archives: 1d8 1

Wishlist:
Turn me into a beautiful chrome statue, all cyber, all the time.

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jan 30, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

"... which, if you think about it, is the best thing they could have done. Oh but you haven't told me about yourself! So tell be about Bobby-Jack, like, what's your story? What's the deal with you?

Oh don't be shy, it's"

Figures appear from behind icy outcrops, shouting threats. Lucinda regards them with mild annoyance.

"Listen, this is a private discussion, can you all, like, come back later? I'll catch up in a bit B-J-J, if you want to squid away. Anyway, yeah, you three, come here."

Lucinda approaches the three with the self assurance of someone who has lived their life protected by a bullet proof, diffractive, protective nano-cloud.

"You should be ashamed, can't you see he's shy? Now he's all clammed up, where do you get off barging into conversations like that? It's very rude."

Below shared with Bobby-Jack
Take cover - trust nanomachine wards to keep safe. Give supply beacon to Bobby-Jack. "Oh, could you set up a delivery for me? Thanks, you're the best"

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 29, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 7 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption]

"My story...", Bobby-Jack mouthed the words softly, "My story..."

He was surrounded. His whole unit (granted, currently only two people) was surrounded, with mutants on one side, Horrors behind them, outflanked and without hope. People relying on his tactical acumen for survival.

Just like that time.

"My story... goes something like this."

"Sorry."

A cloud of inky blackness, and then the man was gone.

LUCINDA can check this stuff out
Using Squidpack to move to Hex 09.06

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 4 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev accepted the Stinger from Cryo and slotted his trusty scope onto it. "You just take cover for now, alright? You guys too," he says, gesturing to the mutants. "Hopefully it won't be necessary, but things might get bad."

"Right then." he said as he hefted the weapon. "Time for a little fishing expedition."

Shoot the Alpha in 05.06: 1d12 8. Assuming that dragging it doesn't let it use its more accurate attack this turn, I'd like to pull it into this hex. RULES OF NATURE!

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Mirko Hidyus walked through the double blast doors that separate the testing range chamber from the lab proper.

"Hey! I need that MCAD prototype boxed up and ready to go, we've got a volunteer field tester."

A pair of engineers set down their gear, removed their goggles, and looked at one another in disbelief.

"Uhhh, sir, are you sure you mean the MCAD? That's not even out of preliminary testing, there's no way it's ready for the field."

"I already paid for the delivery drones, so box it up!" Mr. Hidyus was already turning to leave the room. He paused, and turned to add "Oh, and disable the safety interlocks before you box it up. We can't have it shutting itself down on our wrecker."

"Wait, did you say wrecker? This thing is going to RIME?" One of the engineers looked excited at the thought, the other remained skeptical at best. "Who is it going to? I have money riding on..."

Mirko cut him off right away, "Hush, son, that's called a conflict of interest and is the last thing we need during our glorious debut on the big screen."

A short while later in a studio, Mirko stands under bright lights infront of a mockup of the MCAD:

"Hello investors! We here at Hideous Dynamics are pleased to announce that our new MCAD system will be making a debut on the wrecking stage! We're very excited to see this baby perform in the field. The MCAD uses our proprietary Heavy Lightning™ technology to put 20,000% more lightning per lightning on your target! Guaranteed to get the job done, if the job is to obliterate something! Make your checks out to Hideous Dynamics, LLC, and we'll see you next time!"

After the investor roll cut, Mirko recorded another less formal spot.

"Frau, we are very grateful you've chosen to test our tech for us. The boys down in the lab assure me that your environment suit should be more than enough to handle the waste heat, as long as you don't touch the radiators directly. They also said that a tingling or burning sensation in your hands or a raspberry taste in your mouth are totally normal and nothing to be concerned about. Good hunting!"

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 6]

In his private quarters aboard Lucinda IX Keel-Thoristew's orbiting pleasure-yacht, Kalpernicus Risso cursed and repeatedly slammed his fist onto a countertop laden with stacks of plasti-plateware and scattered chocolate fabri-cake crumbs. He was reviewing his expenditures and noticed that his accounts had nearly been wiped out overnight. Who had gone and done this?!

It was Pertinax of all corps, sending that chrono-impostor Kal Risso some thrice-damned Hazmat Gear at full price - also Hideous Dynamics, spending some of Kalpernicus' precious remaining coin for some experimental weaponry for Frau Freheit. Good - maybe she'll blow herself up in the process. Kalpernicus was feeling especially bitter today, and it showed.

He took the time out of fuming while watching Kal Risso's Wrecker-feed in order to update his sponsor-challenge entries:
  • Draw first blood: 5 Luxe
  • Draw first non-Wrecker blood: 5 Luxe
  • Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma: 5 Luxe
  • Explore both Cryovolcanoes: 10 Luxe
  • > Be first to attack Kal Risso: 10* Luxe
  • > Take Frau Freheit's experimental weapon: 5* Luxe
  • Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 0* Luxe
  • Unallocated funds: -24 Luxe
*bounties may increase as funds become available.

There. It may be petty and reactionary, but it also felt pretty good to take out one's grievances in the form of sponsor challenges.

Kalpernicus made a mental note to hit the holo-gym. He was starting to feel cooped up in here... Oh well - at least it wasn't chrono-prison! He got up from his chair at the console desk, dumped his plasti-plateware in the refabricator receptacle, and hit 'expunge.'

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 1/3 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 31 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

Well gently caress. Grumps had got separated from Midge, ran into more rigs, and apparently there was a Meth-Maw somewhere nearby? Only thing to do was keep firing and hope they kept their head down, he guessed.

Supress like my life depends on it

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch / 2. "Grumps" McGee
Midge Retreats into the hex! Squidpack reloaded!
Grumps lays down Suppression!

Gamma Squad attacks Grumps!
Gamma Crawler 1 misses!
Gamma Crawler 2 misses!
Gamma Enforcer 1 misses!
Gamma Enforcer 2 misses!

3. Cryo / 4. Stev Ansahok
Combat jeopardizes the Pax Mutandis!
Mutant Elite honors the accord!
Mutant Stalker 1 disregards the accord, and turns on Cryo!
Mutant Stalker 2 honors the accord!

Cryo takes cover!
Stev attacks Alpha Behemoth from range! Alpha Behemoth takes 3 damage (12/15) and is Disabled! Protected by Hardened!
Stev is Pulled to 04.07!

Alpha Behemoth misses Stev!
Mutant Stalker 2 attacks Cryo! Cryo takes no damage!

6. Scramble
Scramble negotiates for Community Archive...Negotiations fail!
And I require a clean filter in my respo-scrub, but we've all of us gotta learn to live with disappointment...and lung polyps.

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Lucinda takes cover!
Bobby-Jack Retreats to 09.06!
Hirsute Horror attacks Lucinda from 10.08, but misses!
Mutant Manhunter Retreats with squidpack!
Mutant Soldier 1 is confused by Bobby-Jack's cloud of ink!
Mutant Soldier 2 misses Lucinda!

9. Frau Freiheit
Frau Freiheit negotiates for Community Archive...Negotiations fail!
What was that noise? You getting' orders from your corporate masters? Callin' in our coords for a little killsat diplomacy? [indistinct muttering] Yer lucky yer so helpful, stranger...and a looker.

10. Kal Risso
Kal attacks Methmaw from range! Methmaw takes 2 damage! (3/5)
(Skirmisher) Moves to 14.04.

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3: Kill 3 targets with Rampage.
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon (each as separate challenge).
5: Retrieve the guidance computer from the Spaceship Wreck.
6. Salvage Biological Sample from downed Wrecker Kondo.
7. Salvage Aberrant Skull from downed Wrecker Kondo.
8. Claim trophies from 4 Mutant Stalkers.

Hideous Dynamics
1. Salvage as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible.
2. Salvage an Experimental Sample from a Research Facility.
3. Salvage Advanced Electronics from Scavenger Camp or Spacecraft Wreck.

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma.
2. Explore both Cryovolcanoes.
3. Be first to attack Kal Risso.
4. Seize the MCAD Prototype from Freiheit.

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Salvage Research Database from each Research Facility.
+Transmat/Exfiltrate all 3 parts.
2. Salvage and Transmat/Exfiltrate Telemetry Database from Spacecraft Wreck.
3. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.
4. Retrieve Community Archive from Scavenger Camp.
+Do not anger the Scavenger Camp.
5. Salvage Transceiver Log from Scan Tower.

Sponsors-Only Map

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 5 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Now that was one hell of a rush! The Behemoth had nearly swiped him as he'd made his entrance, but he'd managed to roll out of the way in time, ducking in underneath the thing's sensor array and beneath an overhang in the ice created by the rig's footsteps. With any luck it'd be a little bit before it sighted him again and he could take a minute to catch his breath.

"Might as well make the most of the moment, eh? Time for a little self-improvement, courtesy of Dr.--of Pertinax. Those guys do great work!"

He took a deep breath and clamped on the Autodoc, wincing as it got to work. The nanites were clearly pretty high-grade--they'd have to be to fit all the raw material that had been shoved inside the surgical unit. He could feel the plating moving under his skin as it was put into place, could tell that the nanites were repurposing from inserting the plates to connecting them as a subdermal network. It was probably extraordinarily painful, but the suppression unit was holding up fine, so he was left with mostly a detached curiosity at these strange sensations. Finally, the autodoc released its grip and clattered to the ground. He thumped a fist against his chest experimentally, feeling the plating network contract into a solid mass. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Autodoc:: 2#1d20 4 10

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 6/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 005 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Hazmat Gear, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Kal Risso found himself back where he'd started his day, shortly before the acid showers had begun. The Meth-Maw bursting forth from the icy lake's surface had given him the fright of his life, but Kal Risso was certain he could outpace and outmaneuver the terrible ice-worm when it came down to it, even in these treacherous mountain reaches. Kal looked through his long-range viewfinder and found that the gargantuan specimen of Titan's megafauna was still laboriously making its way back down and around the mountain. As it did so, it angrily thrashed and shook itself, venting a corrosive toxic waste that sloshed across the environment, causing it to bubble and melt.

Kal Risso knew it was his duty to the indigenous people of Rime to put that wounded, rampaging Meth-Maw out of its misery. Collecting the tusks was only a secondary concern, but always an important step to remember.

Before that time came, Kal Risso was going to be digging around in the space ship pinnace, looking for something that Pertinax wanted. He hopped across the ice to the chemical-sodden wreck and ducked inside. Had to be quick about this in case the Meth-Maw decided to come back home...

Salvage Guidance Computer from Spacecraft Wreck

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 5 luxe

Scramble suppresses a sigh of frustration. Gotta empathize with the ice grubbers. It would be barbaric to gun them down. Right? It's getting harder for her to tell how much a life is worth when she's a short jog from someone selling airstrikes. Who would have guessed she'd miss the frantic life or death scrabble of Bottom. But it had had simplicity going for it.

"Maybe a donation to the new filter fund might help move things a bit?" Scramble flashes a fistful of salvage and redoubles the psychic croon.

Action: Bribery! 2 luxe.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Urgh, this was leading nowhere, and now these people were starting to hit on her too! If she didn't want to go native, she'd have to move out soon, so time to see what's out there.

Scan

Wishlist:

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Jan 30, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

"Hey where are you going? I'm talking to you. Are they always like this?" Lucinda asks the mutant soldier as a bullet's course is altered mid-air, shaking her head at the retreating manhunter.
"I'm sure you're lovely, right? But like, when someone is talking maybe wait? Or get their attention with a wave or something? Shouting over them is just gonna like come off bad?"
Sitting on an icy outcropping, Lucinda looks over the two soldiers. "So like, what was so urgent you needed to shout and run over? Were you lookign for autographs from B-J-J? Like, I get where you're coming from, but he has his private life right? He's working just now. It's just inconsiderate. No don't cry it desn't make you a bad person. Just, reign it in a bit, keep your inner fanboy for when you are at home with your wrecking crew action figures. You know what I mean? If you could pass it on to that guy who ran off too I'd appreciate it. What's their problem anyway?"

A long tongue arcs through the air, grappling a chunk of methane-ice back. Lucinda is unfazed, as the readouts of the area hover in front of ther vision.

Scan

Wish list
😘🐙👌

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jan 30, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 7 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption]

Bobby-Jack was busy stuffing random debris into his squidpack's converter chamber, until a thought struck him.

No death beacon. So she lived.

Huh.

He continued his task.

Refilling Squidpack as my action

Theantero fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jan 30, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Turns out that quote is not edit

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE / HP:3 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 8 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

He seemed mildly surprised to see Grumps still alive, but it was a most welcome bonus.

"All right, stay put and heal up. I was able to delay the Methmaw until I could prepare for it, and that means I should be able to clear out all the chaff here as well, if all goes to plan. If it doesn't, then things look as dim and grotty as the moon wars, yes?"

He held up a really impressive looking shotgun slug.

"See this? This is a Pertinax Ammofab "Fieldsweeper" Coffin Nail, courtesy of Hideous Dynamics, great company when it comes to unstable compounds, and they've got a real scoochy-scoochy when it comes to the isotopes up in Sigma. So, we're going to clear the path in spectacular fashion, you dig? I can only hide and sneaky-shoot the incoming beastie, but this beaut of a gun doesn't like stopping at the death of just one thing, and I know just how to make that carryover even nastier for everything else. Just... stay alive and get healthier, okay?"

Set up an Ambush. Load the Coffin Nail into the Wwizard's Shotgun.

Wish list:An IFF authenticator would make all my murderdreams come true. Also, I'm about to expend this coffin nail in a righteous, riotous welter of hoping I actually hit things this time: If you like what you see, consider a repeat order.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 6 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA]

As Stev sailed off into the distance, Cryo cracked open the experimental medikit. Oh boy, a fresh new prosthetic arm, all for her! As one of the mutants doggedly gnawed on her thoroughly calcified leg, she pressed the arm up against her stump and broke open the ampule of nanopaste. She felt an immediate rush of... something, but whatever the hell the nanobots were doing, she felt in the prime of health again. Hell, even better than before, maybe that collar had actually worked. She experimentally clenched her new fist, swatted off the mutant who just couldn't understand that his teeth weren't sharp enough, and prepared to set off after Stev.

Experimental Medikit: 1d6 6

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͍͍͓̫͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘E̷͉͚̭͓̜̞̿̂ͣͪ̒

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jan 30, 2018

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Aethelred is offering a 15 luxe bounty for an authentic scav scrimshawed methmaw tusk.

(Tablet, distracting girlfriend attempting to give me a coronary, poo poo quality)

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jan 31, 2018

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

THiS iS ROOk.

ANOTHER OF our bodies has faiLED us.

FAilED

THIS is not representative of the fine product our diligent workers create.

This season's run of OLEO-KONDO-4326 is temporarily paused for

RETOoLING

Instead we shall return to active Sponsoring.

Wreckers [Lucinda] and [Scramble] are especially beloved by us.

Their bodies are

BEAUtIFUL

and

PLEasING

to us.

They ought to continue being so, and we will

RaiN
DowN
OuR
BLESsINGS

This Was Rook.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Ambush prepared!

2. "Grumps" McGee
Medi-Kit applied! 1 HP restored!

3. Cryo
Experimental Medi-Kit applied! 6 HP restored!
Overheal! Cryo suffers toxic shock! Max HP reduced by 1!
Cryo mutates!

Mutatis Mutandis posted:

Extremophile: Restore instead of losing HP in Toxic Zones, but may not restore HP otherwise.
Child of the Atom: Radiation damage restores subject's HP.
Mutant Elite turns on Cryo!
Mutant Stalker 2 turns on Cryo!
Mutant Elite calls for aid! 4 Mutant Grunts arrive!

4. Stev Ansahok
Stev uses Unlicensed Autodoc! Stev is augmented!

Enhance posted:

Dermal Armor: +1 Max HP
Hyperballistic Plates: Immune to multiplied damage and instant death effects.

6. Scramble
Scramble helps the Camp...Reaction increases to 5! Negotation check is upscaled to 1d10!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Squidpack reloaded.

8. Lucinda
Scanning...
█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
09.06: Bobby-Jack█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
10.08: Hirsute Horror█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █
08.07: Mutant Manhunter █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Scan complete.

9. Frau Freiheit
Scanning...
13.07: Beta Crawler, Gamma Enforcer (2)█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █

Scan complete.

10. Kal Risso
Kal Risso harvests Navigational Control and salvages Guidance Computer! Bring it to the Luxe Crucible to complete the challenge!

Rad Zone! Midge Gureyevitch loses 1 Max HP!
Rad Zone! Grumps McGee loses 1 Max HP!

:siren: Cryonic Eruption! :siren:

Cryovolcano posted:

06.05 Suddenly Erupts! A torrent of ice and hydrocarbons is launched 27 km into the atmosphere!
13.01 Suddenly Erupts! A torrent of ice and hydrocarbons is launched 32 km into the atmosphere!
00.00 Rumbles alarmingly...
14.04 Rumbles alarmingly...

If our viewers are wondering how everyone surived last Round, rest assured, we're wondering the same thing.
Between Stev skitching the Alpha, pro-tier cowering on behalf of Cryo and Lucinda, and Grumps just throwing lead and foul language downrange at those Gammas, we're seeing some real choke-the-stork desperate-rear end survival play, Haze.
Fortunately, that kind of luck can't hold out forever. A few gritty Wreckers are most likely going to be gritty paste in short order.
Hey Haze, that's why I prefer AlgoCram for my extruded nutritional needs. With 43% less grit* than the competitors*, I know I'm getting pure* algae and the finest* natural* flavors...not whatever dead rats and swabs they forgot to skim out of the vat! AlgoCram is the Tube of Goo for the Dude on the Go. AlgoCram. CRAM IT. Now in walnut-bulgogi flavor!

Drone Delivery posted:

Frau Freiheit receives an MCAD Mk0.1!

Female VO: The Penetrator ability bypasses all modes of damage reduction. Unreliable does interesting things on a miss!

Sponsors posted:

The following Sponsors receive 10 Luxe for participation in the previous Round:
Pertinax AmmoFab
The following Sponsors receive 5 Luxe for participation in the previous Round:
Kalpernicus Risso
Hideous Dynamics
RookEngOrg

Sponsor account standings are as follows:
Pertinax Ammofab 20
RookEngOrg 10
Kalpernicus Risso 11
Hideous Dynamics 5
Virtual Domain Partners 5
Wrecker Retirement Fund 7

Accounts posted:

Wrecker account standings are as follows:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 0
2. "Grumps" McGee 25
3. Cryo 68
4. Stev Ansahok 44
6. Scramble 25
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 68
8. Lucinda 27
9. Frau Freiheit 0
10. Kal Risso 0

Pertinax
4: Salvage Research Facilities Sigma, Tau and Upsilon (each as separate challenge).
9. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).

Hideous Dynamics

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma (+5L).
2. Explore both Cryovolcanoes (+10L).
3. Be first to attack Kal Risso (+5L).
4. Seize the MCAD Prototype from Freiheit (+5L).

Virtual Domain Partners

:siren: Wreckers, get moving! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Jan 31, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 5 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM]

Hot. HOT. THIS SUIT WAS SO GODSDAMNED HOT. Without a second thought, Cryo grabbed her righook and cracked her thermosuit open in pure animal panic. Shimmying out the rough gash in the chest and spreading her arms wide, she felt much more comfortable. It was only then that Cryo realized she was standing perfectly fine and unprotected in an environment that barely got up to 100 kelvin during the summer and was breathing the unfiltered, unoxygenated native atmosphere. A quick diagnostic by the medikit confirmed that she was not, in fact, dead, despite standing half-naked in methane slush. More worryingly, that was all it could tell her. Some boring science-talk about "latent chemosynthetic metabolic pathways" and "nanoradioplasts" flashed by, but the gist she got was that the expert system controlling the med-bots hadn't the first godsdamned idea what was supposed to be where and wouldn't even attempt any repairs.

Well, poo poo. Needing a full staff of specialized doctors intimately familiar with whatever her metabolism had been twisted into just to treat a papercut isn't exactly the best quality for a Wrecker to have, but that was a problem for later. For now, there was still a Behemoth to kill, and loot to be looted. Cryo set off again, methane ice crunching under her bare feet.

Move to 05.06

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘&#

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 31, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

As soon as the tremors started, Kal Risso leapt out from the wrecked space ship pinnace like a shot of lightning. That must be the Meth-Maw returning from its den under the lake's surface, he was sure of it!

When the shaking underfoot only seemed to increase in turbulent violence, Kal broke into a dead run for the mountain pass he'd taken to get here. The ice around the lake was cracking up everywhere and the lake began to churn with something foul from deep underneath. He had no idea what a quake of that magnitude might mean in scales of Meth-Maws but it couldn't possibly be good! He had to get out of here. That's when the volcanoes erupted.

When the two cyrovolcanos burst off in the distance, Kal couldn't believe his eyes. Simultaneous cryovolcanic eruptions and heavy seismic activity underfoot? No thank you! What a day to be on Rime indeed.

With the salvaged guidance computer safely stashed away in his kit bag, Kal made for higher ground, and fast. He had to see if the Wildcat Fracker was still alive after that intense quake.

14.04 -> 13.03

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

move 12.06 -> 11.05 -> 10.05

Wishlist:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Giving the ink-tank of his squidpack an experimental knock with a knuckle to make sure it seemed full and functional, Bobby-Jack returned to his march through the desolate wasteland of RIME, casting a wary eye at the high flying eruptions of the cryovolcanoes as he went.

Moving one Hex to hex 09.05.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 31 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

Well, that was unexpected. Looks like the Methmaw was incoming, but Midge had some kind of plan...

stay still and nobody dies?

Wishlist: If someone could drone deliver me a Squidpack or a Experimental Deployable cover, that would be great, and not eat into the retirement fund too badly.

Nothingtoseehere fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 1, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Lucinda hops onwards.

09.07≥09.06≥09.05

Wish list

Experimental squid pack and experimental hazmat delivered via experimental drones please! 😍🐙⚠😘😘😘

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 31, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 5 luxe

The offered scrap disappears into a shabby pocket and the scavenger looks expectantly at Scramble. "Well? Say your piece."

Scramble's hand twitches as if missing the stock of the shotgun that was currently slung over her shoulder. She had rather thought that her bribe was more in the vein of a direct exchange. Shell cursed ice grubbers. Scramble settles in for a long inveigling speech.

No movement

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 5 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev held his scope up to his eye, peering off into the distance. It looked like Cryo was in good health again. Better than good, if her walking around without a thermosuit was any indication. There were probably some downsides to whatever was doing that, but there was no point worrying about it, not when there was an Alpha to take down. He slotted the scope back onto his hammer for luck, and pulled himself to his feet. Not too much longer now and it'd be time for Wrecking.

Stay in place, give Cryo the Dr. Stinger back if/when she shows up

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This Is Rook.

This is a tightwave transmission of maximum priority.

PRIorITY
OnE

The following actions will PLeaSE us.
  • Spend a cumulative 3 turns in a Toxic Zone
  • Recover or destroy corpse of Wrecker [Kondo]
  • Recover 5 Viable Samples from any Mutant corpse OR Newtype Wrecker
  • Betray an ally
  • Kill an ally
Our hearts are filled with

LovE

to give to one who would accomplish our requests.

This Was Rook.

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
No movement order.
Meth-Maw arrives! Meth-Maw is eligible for Ambush!

2. "Grumps" McGee
No movement order.
Meth-Maw arrives!

3. Cryo
Moves to 05.06.
Mutant Stalker 1 pursues!
Mutant Stalker 2 pursues!

4. Stev Ansahok
No movement order.
Cryo arrives!
Mutant Stalker 1 arrives!
Mutant Stalker 2 arrives!

6. Scramble
No movement order.

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Moves to 09.05
Lucinda arrives!

Luxe Crucible posted:

As an Action at the Luxe Crucible, Wreckers may upload any amount of Luxe on hand to their accounts, and may also liquidate articles of gear for 3d6 Luxe each. Additionally, Challenge objects may be transmatted here for Challenge credit.

8. Lucinda
Moves to 09.05
Mutant Manhunter moves to 09.04!

Luxe Crucible posted:

As an Action at the Luxe Crucible, Wreckers may upload any amount of Luxe on hand to their accounts, and may also liquidate articles of gear for 3d6 Luxe each. Additionally, Challenge objects may be transmatted here for Challenge credit.

9. Frau Freiheit
Moves to 10.05

10. Kal Risso
Moves to 13.03

:siren: Wreckers, resolve encounters! :siren:

Pertinax
9. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).

Hideous Dynamics

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore the ruins of Facility Sigma (+5L).
2. Explore both Cryovolcanoes (+10L).
3. Be first to attack Kal Risso (+5L).
4. Seize the MCAD Prototype from Freiheit (+5L).

Virtual Domain Partners

RookEngOrg
1. Spend a cumulative 3 turns in a Toxic Zone
2. Recover or destroy corpse of Wrecker [Kondo]
3. Salvage 5 Biological Samples from any Mutant corpse OR Newtype Wrecker
4. Betray an Ally
5. Kill an Ally

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 1, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 5/6 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

"Glad you're alive, Cryo!" Stev shouted as he emerged from his hiding place, tossing the Dr. Stinger back to its rightful owner. "Gotta say, that's a real nice piece of kit! Thanks for loaning it out to me! Now, if you'll give me a moment..."

Stev swung his hammer, smashing hard into an armored plate with an ear-shattering bang, but ultimately bouncing off.

"Okay, see, that would have been really cool if it had worked. Anyways, let's take this sucker down!"

Hammer That Alpha!: 1d10 2

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 5 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 002 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM]

Cryo caught the Stinger and brought it up to her shoulder like she had so many times before. This time, though, something new happened. She felt a sparking sensation in her eyes as newly installed circuits surged into life, and her vision was suddenly filled with scrolling readouts of everything from windspeed to atmospheric pressure to simulated trajectories the electrospear could take. All extremely useful data, but completely unexpected, and the brief moment of surprise coupled with her new arm's faster reaction time sent the spear squarely into another section of thick armor plating instead of the exposed junction box a meter to the left.

Well, poo poo. This was gonna hurt....

Sting the Behemoth: 1d10 1

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘&#

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 1, 2018

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

"Finally!" Scramble takes the proffered archives from the scavenger.

Scavenger Camp: 1d10 5

"A... pleasure doing business, icewise." Scramble mentally adds a pejorative or two tacked on the end of that. She examines the archives and finds it to be a grimy data cube. No doubt full of the scavengers' comings and goings across Rime. Scramble is glad she isn't the one who has to try and glean useful tidbits from the crude tedium.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Kal Risso kept running and running, charging uphill at an exhaustive pace. He had to get back into sniping position, back at the Wildcat Fracker's camp. There, Kal Risso would be able to steer clear of this region's largest source of cryovolcanic activity and get a bead on the incoming Meth-Maw...

When Kal crested the hill, he couldn't help but notice that the Wildcat Fracker was still puttering around in his camp. Kal Risso noticed the Fracker was guardedly gathering a rare isotope and an exotic hydrocarbon.

What are you still doing here, you Fracking Wildcat?! I told you that the Meth-Maw was coming through! Why haven't you left camp?

At that moment, the icy ground beneath them started quaking and shaking, barrels and canisters rocking and swaying and rolling everywhere. The ground split asunder. The Meth-Maw had arrived.

The horrifying frost-worm rent through the cracked, icy ground below and let out a hissing, bellowing shriek, its eyestalks raised and its bladed mandibles flared in defiance. Kal aimed with his rifle and took a shot.

Shooting the Meth-Maw: 1d8 6

Just like a shot, Kal was out of there.

[Skirmisher] 13.03 -> 13.04

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Oh, there she was. Babbling, as always. Bobby-Jack was honestly having difficulty focusing on that.

"The manhunter. Where", he merely interjected, managing to parse from her meandering answer that it had outflanked them to the north via the hydrocarbon river to their west. Clever, but not clever enough. Bobby-Jack took his ramshackle rifle,went to the ground, and started to scan the northern bluffs of snow for any movement, flashes or bits of color, or other such things that would give away the presence of the enemy.

Movement. Bobby-Jack pulled the trigger first. However, he had misjudged the range, and the bullet impacted the ground harmlessly a couple meters in front of the thing. And now it knew where he was.

poo poo.

This would be a protracted sniper duel, it seemed like.

LUCINDA can peek
Using targeting data from Lucinda to shoot Mutant Manhunter in Hex 09.04 with my EZ-Snipe: 1d6= 1

Theantero fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Feb 1, 2018