Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HBar
Sep 13, 2007

ABCH

SniperWoreConverse posted:

H being: "what the hell are you idiots trying to do here!? Speak up or bite it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
A. I don't really favor any other options this vote, though approval voting is cool!

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

A

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

B

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

You take your eyes off your enemies for a moment, and kneel down to -

For a moment, you think you've been hit by something, an arrow, a sword, or a spell perhaps, and you try standing back up, only to stumble backwards half a step as the strength leaves your legs, and notice… nothing. Nothing has hit you, but your head feels like it is being split open and

Your vision blurs. You lean against the rock for a moment, and take a few deep breaths, focusing on them, and your training. You can - and have - fought through worse pain, but summoning the sehai seems to have exhausted you far worse than you would have expected. You push the pain away, into a small corner of your mind, and focus on your vision, which clears after a few moments. You hurry to return to what you were doing, turning over the dead guard and grabbing his gladius. Not the perfect weapon for you, but still, easy to adapt to your style. Quickly, you stand and return your attention to the fight.
Do'Zaro is fighting the mage, and is bleeding from… what, ten or twenty long, shallow cuts. Too small and shallow to have been inflicted by a blade, more like the marks left on the dead cattle when a sandstorm rolls through town. He, and the mage, are closer than they were moments ago, as he seems to have been driven back a step or two. The mage doesn't seem to be using magic at the moment, and he and Do'Zaro seem to be evenly matched. Do'Zaro has significant advantages of speed and reach, but he is bleeding, unarmored, and wields a rusty metal pipe, while the mage is very skilled with his blade, and far better equipped. Behind them, two of the redguards that got knocked back seems to have been finished of by the prisoner who charged with Do'Zaro, another is struggeling to get free from under the corpses of his companions. The fourth still stands, and is fighting the prisoner. He's limping slightly, but seems to have the advantage of skill and armor, and will likely, but not certainly, win.
Behind you, the prisoner who grabbed the key seems to have gotten more prisoners out. A few of them - two redguards and a nord - have grabbed the rusty iron bars you cut loose, but they don't seem to be about to join the fray.

What do you do?

A: Join Do'Zaro in fighting the mage! The two are the closest to me. You can almost certainly disrupt anything the mage might try with your skills, but in your present over-exhaused state, that sort of sword-singing might well drive you over the edge and collapse you.
The two of you together are almost certain to win, but you don't know how quickly, or what tricks the mage has up his sleeve.

B: Go join the other prisoner in fighting the Alik'r warrior at the end of the hall. That prisoner might need your skill more, and the two of you will quickly overpower his enemy but you'll have to get through or past Do'Zaro and the mage fighting on the way

C: You're real exhausted. Take a few more moments to collect yourself and get a second wind before fighting on.

D: Rally the other prisoners, especially those who have already picked up iron bars, to jon in the fight! They did just see you do an impossible feat with a glowing blade of light, so perhaps they'll listen? Two of them are redguards, and one is a nord, neither being races that shy away from battle.

E: Demand that the enemy surrender! You've bested two of their warriors, shown your skill with the legendary sehai, and overpowered their mage with impossible sword-magic. Clearly, their surrender is the best choice if they want to live.

F: You're no good in a fight this exhausted. Duck into a cell!

G: Something else! Write in.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

DEC

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
BD

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

AD

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

EDC

Yeah I know the order doesn't matter but eh

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
D

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

DC

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

ABDE

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

D

Let's level Speechcraft!

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
ABDE - Whatever we do, don't take time to rest or catch our breath or nuthin'.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

DEC

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
A.

How enfeebled are the prisoners? We just blew our load on a badass mythic sword and might have overestimated our state of fitness.

Have we had contact with the prisoners? Did they like our stand-up comedy routine? Have we made enemies or allies?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

A.

How enfeebled are the prisoners? We just blew our load on a badass mythic sword and might have overestimated our state of fitness.

Have we had contact with the prisoners? Did they like our stand-up comedy routine? Have we made enemies or allies?

People aren't starving, and the diet, while not varied, has both meat, corn, and the occasional grilled leek. You're expected to work now and then, menial labour of various sorts, particularly brickmaking, so they don't keep you ennervated, but on the other hand, people aren't exactly gaining muscle mass here. During these times, you can open up and talk a little with the various prisoners. As for what you know, well, you know the nord's name is bjørn, and he's used to big heavy implements, and both the redgards are, you think, former bandits or smugglers. You've spoken more with Do'Zaro, being opposite your cell. He's in on charges of skooma smuggeling, which he denies, and has a past as a hunter, adventurerer, bodyguard and occational local hero. Beyond that, who you know and how well depends on...

Did you open up, make friends with your fellow prisoners?
A. Yes. The exact nature of this is the subject of a later vote
B. No. I kept my head down, did my work, and haven't spoken a whole lot with anyone besides Do'Zaro

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Did we make nice with the other convicts?
A, nothing but time and the rats don't exactly talk back

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Jan 30, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Hexenritter posted:

A, nothing but time and the rats don't exactly talk back

same, A

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
1. B- We did our party to neutralize the mage. Let the cat kill him, we should finish off the warriors instead
2. B. We were too busy focusing on our inner life and keeping our body fit to have time for common criminals

Slaan fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jan 30, 2018

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Please Please Please note which question you're anwering with which votes.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Magnusth posted:

Please Please Please note which question you're anwering with which votes.

Edited

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Magnusth posted:

A. Yes. The exact nature of this is the subject of a later vote
B. No. I kept my head down, did my work, and haven't spoken a whole lot with anyone besides Do'Zaro

A We've had to steal to eat. We're not judgy, even if we're not exactly gregarious.

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Magnusth posted:

What do you do?

A: Join Do'Zaro in fighting the mage! The two are the closest to me. You can almost certainly disrupt anything the mage might try with your skills, but in your present over-exhaused state, that sort of sword-singing might well drive you over the edge and collapse you.
The two of you together are almost certain to win, but you don't know how quickly, or what tricks the mage has up his sleeve.

Geek the mage, then we can rush the rest.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
What do you do?
AD. Either is fine, really, though I have a preference towards A.

B I'm going to say no, we didn't. It was just us and the cat.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

We just never mentioned our devotion to Sithis :ninja:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

A) Of course we talked with the other prisoners; what the hell, people.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

We just never mentioned our devotion to Sithis :ninja:

We quite literally murder people with our soul. Reminds me of my favorite Skyrim character.

Ahm'Nii, the Khajiit. If it had a throat, he slit it. Would have slit Alduin's throat if that was an option. Black Star, Paralysis/Soul Trap Legendary (insert material) Daggers. Sneaking around with his Soul Slitters, always topped off with the souls of his enemies. Pair of Unenchanted Legendary Axes to use with that weapon speed shout if a fight was forced. Most brutally efficient build I've ever used. Just nuts. Nothing lasted more than like 3 seconds unless it was a Dragon Priest or Boss Fight.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

2. A. Trying to practice sword-singing without a sword gets old after a while and you get starved for interaction.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Blasphemaster posted:

We quite literally murder people with our soul. Reminds me of my favorite Skyrim character.

Ahm'Nii, the Khajiit. If it had a throat, he slit it. Would have slit Alduin's throat if that was an option. Black Star, Paralysis/Soul Trap Legendary (insert material) Daggers. Sneaking around with his Soul Slitters, always topped off with the souls of his enemies. Pair of Unenchanted Legendary Axes to use with that weapon speed shout if a fight was forced. Most brutally efficient build I've ever used. Just nuts. Nothing lasted more than like 3 seconds unless it was a Dragon Priest or Boss Fight.

:getin:

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

dont be mean to me posted:

A) Of course we talked with the other prisoners; what the hell, people.

Agreed. I imagine us trying to do the Stoic Prisoner routine occasionally and then cracking after three days or a week or whatever out of sheer boredom.

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hey. It's not a huge task, but could i get someone to count? gonna have a few different tasks tonight, so the chance of an upate goes up if someone counts.
please also incude the secondmost popular vote for question 1

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

Q1:
A 7
B 4
C 4
D 11
E 5
F 0

Q2:
A 6
B 2

Tried a couple times to paste my raw count in in a way that preserves columns from my spreadsheet and nope, that ain't happenin'.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

Vavrek posted:

Agreed. I imagine us trying to do the Stoic Prisoner routine occasionally and then cracking after three days or a week or whatever out of sheer boredom.

Can I add a late +1 to question 2 for the reasons above?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Vavrek posted:

Q1:
A 7
B 4
C 4
D 11
E 5
F 0

Q2:
A 6
B 2

Tried a couple times to paste my raw count in in a way that preserves columns from my spreadsheet and nope, that ain't happenin'.

I usually just do notepad++ (it has indentation lines) for both options/info and counts, and whatever i gotta show to the thread I paste it in a pre tag like this fake example
pre:
   The Cult: 24% (+9)
     Diablo: 19% (-1)
  Synthmesh: 13% (+5)
     Osiron: 11% (-1)
Sensovision: 5%  (0)
    Megapol: 3%  (-1)
     Marsec: 3%  (+3)
pre:
   The Cult: ||||| |
     Diablo: ||||| ||||
  Synthmesh: |||
     Osiron: 
Sensovision: 
    Megapol: |
     Marsec: 
Ofc my agent & scientist demographics & stats are in excel to get charts that look ok and keep everything in an easily organized place. Trying to tabulate out info is kinda pointless but some nerds are into it I think, even if most just want to see poo poo explode.

e: you have to use spaces tho, if you try to use tabs it'll sometimes look fucky on the forums

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 31, 2018

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

You turn momentarily to those behind you. You know all of them by name. The one with the keys is Seretta; she stabbed a guard. According to her, he got handsy and she defended herself, while the guard claimed she was high on skooma, and he was the captain's nephew, so in she went. The two redguards who have picked up iron bars as weapons are a brother and a sister, Camai and Mariah; they pulled off a major heist, but their man on the inside disappeared with the loot after tipping off the guard. From their stories, they know how to handle themselvs and the brother. And then, there's the nord, Bjørn Bjørne-Dræber, or, in the common tongue, Bear Bear-Killer. He's big, and buff, but leaner than one might expect, and the shrunken skin suggests he was even bigger before he got put behind bars. He's in here for murder, after a bar brawl got out of hand, and while he's loathe to talk about it, rumor is he turned himself in, crying.
“Bjørn! Camai, Mariah!” you shout at them, raising your sword high. “Come! We can take these curs, these S'wits!”

That last word is a bit uncomon, but you learnt it as a child from dunmeri sailors, and it stuck with you. In any case, the three look among themselves, unsure when…
Bear Bear-Kiler has always been quiet, apologetic and regretful, and you were inclined to believe the rumors. He seemed the sort of man why might cry after killing another man. Which is why it comes as a supreme surprise when

His battle-cry is nearly deafening, echoing through the tiny hall with more than just sounds. It sends your blood pumping, clears your mind with battle-clarity and spurs you on, to action. And the nord, Bear Bear-Killer, rushes foward, flanked by the two redguards, slamming into the mage with his piece of broken bar. The two redguards follow up, whacking at the mage with speed and skill, but not a lot of discipline. The mage touchs an amulet, and you're a moment too slow to react and a step too far away, an Poof, the mage is one. A teleportation amulet, obviously.

The battle having turned from two against five to five against one-and-a-half, the last two conscious redguards drop their swords. The rest of your enemis are - mostly - still alive, but bleeding out.

Options will be coming up later or tomorrow, but for now, you can ask anything of the two redguards who just surrendered, and also everyone else. If you ask something strange of the other prisoners, i'll just assume you've asked them at some earlier point.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

'Sup chumps? :smugbert:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
"what the hell was that about?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
Where did the mage go, and who will he report to?

Yay for approval voting!

• Locked thread